Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915681 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it make sense to spend more on this worthless shit than on the actual medical care?
Is this how Obama plans to save money?
Thank Zeus I'm very healthy. Too bad about those who aren't, they'll pay dearly.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#915682 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I'm not surprised the vacuum between your ears can't handle it.
I'll keep rooting for you, though!
Did you ever answer my question?

Is it fair only one side who is the opposition to those in power be targeted by the IRS and not the other side?

After we established there are political groups on the left who have tax exemption status, I mean.

Some Jewish organizations were apparently also targeted. Why do you suppose the IRS targeted them too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#915683 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You don't even comment on the NAACP threat.
Like I said, must be something cons accept since they alreadt set the standard.
I guess I have higher standards than you people, eh? History sort of supports that position, doesn't it?
Must have missed it. Who threatened them? And why?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#915684 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So...what does snake oil sound like?
Give us a demonstration, please.
As long as it's sanitary.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-i s-snake-oil.htm

"...Today, calling someone a snake oil salesman may be another way of saying that the person is particularly good at selling worthless items. There is something smarmy and untrustworthy about such people, although this opinion is not shared in China where real snake oil can be easily purchased...."

In other words, a 'con' job son!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#915685 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
As a contortionist, you can give yourself a tongue-lashing down there.
Titillating, eh?
'yeah' aka 'the squatter' has the rare ability to do that down there. i theorize it was a learned talent for that reason also.

Orlando, FL

#915686 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it make sense to spend more on this worthless shit than on the actual medical care?
Is this how Obama plans to save money?
It's just going to cause a lot more confusion.

Think that was the plan. "Overwhelm the system."

Overwhelming the U.S. economy creating systemic failure, economic crisis and social chaos would destroy capitalism. That was the plan of Cloward & Piven, professors at Columbia University, who wanted to socialize America.

Obama is a good student if nothing else.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#915687 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You don't even comment on the NAACP threat.
Like I said, must be something cons accept since they alreadt set the standard.
I guess I have higher standards than you people, eh? History sort of supports that position, doesn't it?
Here's the whole article:
NAACP Official: Obama Campaign Staffer Threatened Me: CHICAGO (CBS)— The President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP alleges a director of the re-election campaign of Barack Obama has threatened and intimidated him because he doesn’t support the president.

WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser has the exclusive story.

LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser Reports
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/naacp-...

David Lowery says he believes he was threatened during a phone conversation with Louis Raymond, the Illinois political director for Obama for America.

Lowery says he doesn’t personally support the president because he’s not addressing issues important to the black community. He said he was explaining that to Raymond when the Obama campaign official told him,“You know what? I know everything about you.”

Lowery says Raymond added,“We’ve been watching you, and since you don’t support Obama, we’ll deal with you,” before hanging up.

Sure sounds like the same O'bama did to conservatives and Jewish groups that didn't support him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#915688 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I'm not surprised the vacuum between your ears can't handle it.
I'll keep rooting for you, though!
Please don't root for me.

I have an image to mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915689 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Or in bushie boy's case, just as bodies. But I don't think he can count that high.
It's strangely ironic how those missing front teeth of yours also somehow reflect the missing pieces inside of your pre-frontal lobes, your missing personality and the gaps in your cognizance.

Bizarre, but you are a 'complete' jerk in this sense.
Will your body to Medical Science.

...and to a fertilizer company.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915691 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-snake-oil.htm
"...Today, calling someone a snake oil salesman may be another way of saying that the person is particularly good at selling worthless items. There is something smarmy and untrustworthy about such people, although this opinion is not shared in China where real snake oil can be easily purchased...."
In other words, a 'con' job son!
You earlier said "it sounds like snake oil" and NOT "it sounds like a snake oil salesman".

Get yer ducks in a row first before shooting your self in the foot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915692 May 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>'yeah' aka 'the squatter' has the rare ability to do that down there. i theorize it was a learned talent for that reason also.
When Yeah says a mouthful, we know precisely where he got it from.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915693 May 30, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the visual. And yet amusing.
It's a perverted version of Romulus and Remus being raised by wolves.
Perverted because it deals with Liberals and Liberalism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#915695 May 30, 2013
We have had another loss in our family so I wish you all well. Signing off for a while.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leggy Mountbatten

Aurora, CO

#915696 May 30, 2013
Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare to Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums by 64-146%

One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own. This problem will be especially acute when the law’s main provisions kick in on January 1, 2014, leading many to worry about health…
Forbes

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915698 May 30, 2013
A Ford Commercial containing well deserved bragging rights:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#915699 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
A Ford Commercial containing well deserved bragging rights:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo...
remember Ford was pro Hitler too and Ford Received the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.

Henry Ford and Anti-Semitism

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-rroot540....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#915700 May 30, 2013
In the early 1920s, this book was published in Germany under the title The Eternal Jew. It reportedly had a major influence on Adolf Hitler, and he almost certainly plagiarized parts of it in Mein Kampf. The admiration was mutual. Following Hitler's assumption of power, Ford sent Hitler 50,000 Deutsch Marks every year on Hitler's birthday. Ford's anti-Semitic views were well known during the period that the Buchmanites bragged of Ford's support of their movement. For more information on Ford's Nazi connections, see Who Financed Hitler?, by James and Suzanne Pool. New York: Dial Press, 1978.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#915701 May 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>remember Ford was pro Hitler too and Ford Received the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.
Henry Ford and Anti-Semitism
Sadly, you are right. The jerk also helped Stalin build Ford Tractors inside Russia because he thought Stalin was a gee-wiz great guy. Henry Ford did some great things but he also committed some great sins. His son Edsel knew it, too. I saw the PBS program about the life of Henry Ford.

Thanks for pointing that out.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#915702 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a perverted version of Romulus and Remus being raised by wolves.
Perverted because it deals with Liberals and Liberalism.
Better to suckle at a wolf's teat than at one of My Two Dads.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#915703 May 30, 2013
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

PS If my Tonawanda, NY ISP should not appear, I'm not concerned because I had stated I wouldn't post until it resurfaced.

But after reading your post ... I wish peace be with you and your family at this sad time.

Take Care of Yourself & Family ...

~new yawk owt
Whatever wrote:
We have had another loss in our family so I wish you all well. Signing off for a while.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Guru 187,411
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min _Zoey_ 5,918
abby 4-26 51 min Illythia 6
Bill Clinton's Wife. 1 hr ThreadSezAll 6
Ask Amy 4-25-15 1 hr Illythia 8
Cool Pix from Zeppelin over SF, Oakland etc. 1 hr The occupant 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr zion 52,889
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]