Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580146 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#916158 May 31, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
You ask "What am I saying?". It is a good question because no one could possibly understand the drivel you spew with your every post.
Peace
KMA
I know son. It just makes too much sense for cons to swallow!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#916159 May 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Carols of the world, who didn't have to buy insurance and had it through their husbands employment, then got it through medicare; she just made it. One bad thing and she'd be in rough shape. If her husband passed away or lost his job and there was no Obamacare and she wasn't old enough for medicare, she would be uninsurable. It's people like her who think things only happen to the "other people"
The problem is not those like Carol who play by the rules, but rather the moochers who are too lazy to work and yet demand everything.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916160 May 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Easy to see why Waxturd's still depressed.
nuculur using his "I am an idiot" defense...

The economy still sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is NAZI, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama is responsible... AND all you can do is cry and whine Bush you dumbass... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916161 May 31, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The President of the United States lying about a terrorist attack? On the anniversary of 9/11? Knowing the truth the night of the attack? Right before an election?
Never gets old.
did he lie? can you prove it? no you can't.

Obama won the election in no small part due to FOX BS. take a hint.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#916162 May 31, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone forgot about the health care mess right after Clinton's second year in office when even Democrats put Hillary's version of Obmacare in File 13.
Bush kind of had his hands full after 9/11.
But it was Obama who decided his "vision" was the only vision in spite of 60% of Americans being against it and not one Republican on board.
If the time had come to find solutions to the health care problem, it would have been nice if the Democrats had allowed some input by the representives of half the country instead of locking backroom doors to get the Blue Dog Democrats to sell their soul.
Tell us all how Bush's hands were full after 9/11 Carol. Please be specific.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#916163 May 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That hysterical statement from an out-of-control sick old lady will come back to haunt her.
She's far younger than Reagan was, and she doesn't have Alzheimers, as Reagan did.

She'll win in a landslide.

That's why you're attacking her early.

It's the culture..........
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#916164 May 31, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone forgot about the health care mess right after Clinton's second year in office when even Democrats put Hillary's version of Obmacare in File 13.
Bush kind of had his hands full after 9/11.
But it was Obama who decided his "vision" was the only vision in spite of 60% of Americans being against it and not one Republican on board.
If the time had come to find solutions to the health care problem, it would have been nice if the Democrats had allowed some input by the representives of half the country instead of locking backroom doors to get the Blue Dog Democrats to sell their soul.
Really? Condi Rice claimed in August 2001 they were at battle stations.

He must have really underestimated his capabilities.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916165 May 31, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>You idiot defending the IRS and a sellout Obama bin Lying is an excellent campaign strategy you idiot recommended for all democrats in 2014 you dumbass.
It's the culture...
does anyone think it's funny that every time you show some nutjob that Bush had an IRS scandal, or 3, it goes...'You idiot defending the IRS'?

how you get from Bush love for IRS profiling to me defending the IRS will need to be explained to those of us who can only think in a straight line.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916167 May 31, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably would have asked the head of the IRS who met with the president 157 times after the Republicans won back the House in 2010 how many eggs he found at the Easter Egg Roll.
You are such a good little tool.
11 times.

try to keep up.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#916168 May 31, 2013
- EXTREME WEATHER WARNING -

from

The Weather Space.com

*** UNDERGROUND DAY TODAY!***

*** This is an extremely dangerous situation above ground ***

*** Oklahoma ***

The storms that form may produce the type of tornadoes that you cannot be above ground for no matter what. A few people have expressed concern about family members in mobile homes, trailers etc. Even a house without somewhere underground is not good enough.

If you are in the red zone (maybe orange)... you have to get to a place that has an underground shelter. I cannot stress this enough and this post will be the last post saying it so please understand the magnitude of the event that I am telling you ... could kill people.

Check the risk map here - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

TWS Enhanced Tornado Watch 005 is in full effect - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#916170 May 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why no investigation when Bush got screaming drunk and passed out, hurting himself?? Meaning he couldn't perform his duties as President.
IS getting drunk on the public's dime ok with you?? Bush was out cold, Clinton was fully aware.
Sorry, your ignorance failed again.
But your partisan hatred is thriving!!
Some people , like Bush spokesperson Ari Fleischer , explained that the President was completely sober and the 'choke the pretzel' reference was to Bush43 admiration for Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy also , like George , had a favorite past-time while the First Lady was out of the room and TRex referred to it as 'choking the pretzel' a colloquialism for a self abuse sexual technique.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916171 May 31, 2013
the story in the MSM.....

In the early days of President Barack Obama's sweeping new health care law, Douglas Shulman, then the commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, was cleared to visit the White House 157 times over three years, official visitor logs show.

More than 50 of Douglas Shulman's scheduled visits are described as "health care meetings" or "health care reform meetings," according to the visitor logs. Arrival times are only listed for 11 of his visits, and it's not unusual for a person to appear on the visitor logs - which are derived from Secret Service clearance lists - without actually having visited the White House.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/...

once again....right wing 'media' fail.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#916172 May 31, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Homer hasn't been carded in 20 years. So people are showing their ID now to the postman before they can recieve their welfare checks. Carol get over it already, all this voter ID crap is to try and suppress the vote plain and simple.
Rightwingers/Republicans are becoming the minority in this country so they are trying to fix things so they can remain in power, no matter if they have to lie, cheat or steal or all three or a combination of 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 or 1 and 2, well you get the idea.
"homo"
- Ever been asked for ID before boarding a commercial airline flight?
- Ever been carded when you go to the welfare office to pick up your EBD card?
- Ever been carded in a bar?
- Ever been carded when stopped by the police for a traffic violation
- Ever been carded when using a credit or debit card
- Ever been carded when going into a courthouse?
- Ever been carded when you go a food bank?
- Ever been carded when you registered to vote?
- Ever been carded at an establishment if you wrote a check to pay for goods or services?
Personally I have never used an EBD card or used the services of a food bank but I have been carded in all other scenarios listed above. Bother me? not much.
Voting is a hell of a lot more important than any situation listed above. Asking for ID at the polls is designed to suppress the vote of those not eligible to vote.
Peace
KMA
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#916173 May 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us all how Bush's hands were full after 9/11 Carol. Please be specific.
He was whacking off in anticipation of starting a war with Iraq.

The Bush Cabal knew they could sell it to the American people and anyone who wwasn't with them was against them. One big circle jerk in the Whitehouse.
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#916174 May 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She's far younger than Reagan was, and she doesn't have Alzheimers, as Reagan did.
She'll win in a landslide.
That's why you're attacking her early.
It's the culture..........
The economy still sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, IRS is NAZI, the government is scandal-ridden with criminal democrats, and Obama is responsible...

AND all you can do nitwit is cry and whine Reagan, FoxNews or Bush you dumbass... LMFAO...I'm lovin' it!!

nuculur using his "I am an idiot" defense...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#916175 May 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
11 times.
try to keep up.
She can't keep up. Fox says 157, so 157 it is!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#916176 May 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat nominee in 2016 will be an Obama surrogate, not Hillary Clinton.
Should this lofty prediction be kept in the same file as the one where you had Romney winning by a landside?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#916178 May 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one mangy little female dog, that's for sure.
There's another word for you. Rhymes with Witch.
I have been called worse -when you are a Jew and attacked everyday-you can speak about it. Of course that didn't happen until I moved to Chicago, the racist bastion of liberalism.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916179 May 31, 2013
Records show Former IRS Commissioner signed in for 11 visits, not 157 as the right wing media claims

Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly said last night that former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times between 2009 and 2012, and added,“This may very well be the smoking gun” Republicans have been hoping for. This allegation has been circulating in the typical right wing sites, without any proof.

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/05/31/records-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#916180 May 31, 2013
The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House

White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 44 min Moe Greens optome... 16
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 1 hr The New American 39
News Mayor Emanuel, City of Chicago File Federal Law... 2 hr poi pounder 94
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 11,169
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 5 hr Gard 3
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr Alyssa76 3,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Beams 63,943

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages