Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#915056 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't waste my time- at this moment- attempting to verify the truth of your statement as it is irrelevant to what you posted.
You continually make the mistake of thinking everyone is as rank partisans as yourself. Haven't you yet realized the 'but Bush' nonsense does not make what the current administration is doing right.
Really, what is your argument here? What Bush did was so bad Obama is repeating it.
That's funny because, you're the one the called Bush a leader a few posts back. You don't know where you stand, just tired of standing!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#915057 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By questioning them under oath.
Neither Mullen nor Pickering are likely to lie under oath for Obama.
Yeah! I remember the days when Bush and Cheney agreed to testify under oath before the 9/11 Commission. Oh wait, no they didn't
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#915058 May 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't want to put any men in Iraq. I knew, along with many others that Saddam didn't have any WMD's.
But, as one who served in the Marines, if you are going to commit troops, you do it the right way. Like President George H.W. Bush did. You tell your military what you want done, step aside and let them run the show. Providing them with the troops and equipment they need. You do not plan the ops.
We should have learned our lesson from Vietnam, when LBJ and McIdiot (McNamera) tried to run day to day ops for the Vietnam war from the oval office.
and yes, if we go to war, we should have a draft....that includes the children of all politicians who voted for the war. Just like WWII. If war is all that necessary, then we as a country should be willing to make sacrifices.
What we did to our troops, making them serve 5-6 combat tours is one of the biggest injustices ever done to a group of people.
Nothing makes me angrier than that scene where a bunch of GOP supporters of the war were talking about it, then they were given enlistment papers and asked to enlist if they supported the war.....
guess they didn't support it that much...as none enlisted
We can agree to disagree about the military draft, a disaster that ripped the country apart during the Vietnam era.

If we didn't learn from that, we never will.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#915059 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
But, wouldn't that leave us with the same mess we have in Libya where questionable individuals are taking the seat of power?
Who cares? It's not our repsonsibility.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#915060 May 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Phtttt! It's cold, would it kill you to nuke it 30 seconds next time?
That is my urine sample I have to take to the doctor's office, you wingnut. The soup is over there on the hot plate. Now if you excuse me, I have to go refill that specimen container.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#915061 May 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah a lot people living in big cities don't have auto insurance, of course they don't own cars. Not everyone lives out here in the sticks like you and I do in PA.
Just go to Philadelphia and see how many of the drivers have insurance.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#915062 May 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that racist Slur, Moocher Eed or STFU. Its really that simple.
Peace
GFY
I have also witnessed your racists and bigoted posts over time. You are not worth the time for any of you to go back searching for them. Your moronic posts aren't worth reading anyways. It's always the same garbage. over and over.

By the way, you forgot an apostrophe in its, genius. Good thing for you, the other petty loser, leosnana is not here! Then again, you all have double standards so...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#915063 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
But, wouldn't that leave us with the same mess we have in Libya where questionable individuals are taking the seat of power?
Maybe, but the difference is that there was no reason to get involved in Libya.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#915064 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Galt supported a rapid strike into Iraq to depose Saddam Hussein and search for weapons, but not any long-term occupation.
Bush should have withdrawn from Iraq when that mission was accomplished.
The military is useful only to kill people and break things, not for nation-building.
we used the military successfully to nation build after WWII. The current states of Germany and Japan are proof of that.

taking out Saddam was a huge mistake. He kept that country peaceful and provided a deterrent to Iran's nuclear ambitions. The Sunni/Shia thing is thousands of years old. It takes a strong dictator using harsh methods to keep them from killing each other. Yugoslavia is a perfect example, when Tito was taken out of the picture look what happened.

President George H.W. Bush knew and understood this, that's why he didn't take him out.

There were plenty of people in the intel business that knew Saddam didn't have WMD's and if you knew where to look for them and how to recognize them, you could have read their reports. German, French, Italian, Russian and even MI6 knew Saddam didn't have any WMD's. Cheney skewed out intel to fit his agenda.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#915065 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens should not be in the country, let alone driving.
Obama is deporting immigrants faster than Bush. Republicans donít think thatís enough.

The GOP is toughening its stance on immigration in its 2012 party platform. But thatís partly in response to Obamaís own hawkish stance on immigration enforcement. In fact, both parties are now pushing different programs with the same goal: to increase enforcement of laws that target illegal immigration on the local level.

As of July, Obama deported 1.4 million illegal immigrants since the beginning of his administration ó thatís 1.5 times more immigrants on average than Bush deported every month, according to official numbers from the Department of Homeland Security*. But thatís only part of Obamaís deportation strategy: The administrationís stated goal is to prioritize the deportation of criminal, dangerous illegal immigrants. And itís promised to make a new program called Secure Communities mandatory by 2013, which would force local law enforcement to share fingerprints of those arrested with the Department of Homeland Security, which has immigration records, through the FBI.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#915066 May 30, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
I know you guys on the left would rather believe those who hold the Guiness Book of World Records for the number of lies told in the shortest amount of time...and especially the lie that conservatives' desire for smaller government and accountability means the world as we know it would come to an end.
But let me assure you, it will not. There will still be a welfare system, a Medicade system and a Social Security system.
It will just be there in 20 or 30 more years and be more cost efficient without 20 oversized paper pushers sweating and grunting to do the same job one paper pusher can do easily.
There will also be more job opportunities and manufacturing brought back with incentives to do so. Businesses will be unburdened from the ball and chain of what is now government regulation/taxation enslavement.
Is anyone listening? Or even giving this a little thought?
Hello?
Your assurances sound more like snake oil.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#915067 May 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'By the way, Galt supported a rapid strike into Iraq to depose Saddam Hussein and search for weapons, but not any long-term occupation.' Bullsh!t, you got that from me, that was my idea. You on the other hand supported Bush and his war.
So, we agree.

Galt supported the war, but not the occupation.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#915069 May 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with a lot of what the current Obama administration is doing. we should have been out of Afghanistan right after Osama was killed.
Gitmo should be closed down, but Congress has some complicity in that.
the current "War of Terror" should be declared over and we should go back to fighting terrorism as we did under Clinton and Bush I. Its too Orwellian and leads to too many Constitutional violations
drone strikes on Americans on American soil should be outlawed and if utilized a cause for impeachment
People were pointing out the number of codes, I just pointed out the policy was adopted under Bush. I never took a position on the value of it. But in this day of computers, it helps to track health issues and should be that cumbersome.
The most notable words here is BACK

Back to intelligence miscommunications that caused 9/11. Very bad decision
American Lady

Danville, KY

#915070 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens should not be in the country, let alone driving.
Did you SEE this?

-Illegal- aliens already eligible for retirement programs
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/29/illegal-ali...

doomed by 'the' dumchits in congress
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#915071 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives the government the right to invade our privacy to collect data on our medical history?
Oh, yeah, Obamacare.
These are same idiots that cried foul over the Patriot Act.
Lincoln

United States

#915072 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt in not alone
In April 2013, as many as 34,500 Libertarians received food stamps.
Even during the financial crisis in 2008, the figure was 36,000 on average.

The media should tell people it is a shame for Libertarians to live on food stamps.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#915073 May 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol plans to sue the cigarette companies when her lung cancer diagnosis comes.
That's if the diabetes related problems don't kill her first..........
I sure hope you don't have a family history of any chronic diseases because you're one in a million if so. They don't usually catch up to you until you're more mature - in your case, a long time - but they do eventually.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#915074 May 30, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my urine sample I have to take to the doctor's office, you wingnut. The soup is over there on the hot plate. Now if you excuse me, I have to go refill that specimen container.
Damnit! I walked right into that one.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#915075 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We can agree to disagree about the military draft, a disaster that ripped the country apart during the Vietnam era.
If we didn't learn from that, we never will.
we should never have been in Vietnam. In WWII, after the Japanese invade Vietnam, we approached Uncle Ho (who was waging a fight for independence from the French colonial power) We told him that if he helped up fight the Japanese, we would give Vietnam its independence and we would arm him to fight the Japanese.

After the war, we reneged on the deal.

BTW Uncle Ho was a great admirer of George Washington.

as for the Vietnam war draft, the only problem with it was that it was applied unevenly.

there were too many deferments (Cheney had 5 and most of the rest of the Bush II administration also avoided service) or other ways to get out of serving.....such as getting in the Texas Air National Guard.

Unlike WWII, where political ties and money didn't get you out of service.

Do you think we would have stayed in Vietnam as long as we did if the children of our elected officials had an equal chance of going over to fight as some poor kid?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#915076 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer knows full well you are right. The left plays to loyalty of the poor and ignorant to garner their votes, even to the point of ignoring state and federal laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 23 min Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Some Valid Points 2 hr Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 2 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 3 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Silk 81
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago