Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
839,941 - 839,960 of 1,099,753 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#914811 May 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still pushing that lie.
You truly arte a Tea Party member.
Now you blame Clinton?? WTF ddid Clinton have to do with your hero G W Bush lying about Sadam's capabilities?
George W Bush told the yellow cake story,a story that Plame never said was true.
You think about all that "blame game stuff" now duh a Vey. As we see, there's plenty enough to trickle on into BOTH sides of that LAME partisan fence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#914813 May 30, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And everyone who disagrees with your ideology is a racist. You appear to be just the other side of the same coin and just as much a coward.
If you read my post, I said I was talking to them & them only. Not to a race because, I have white friends, good white friends. Where I'm from here in Jersey, though there are some, it's kinda hard to be racist. Since kids you grow up playing with all different races but, I'm also naive & know that there are factions of different races that single out/target & try to exploit certain races, demographics, & class of people. It happens in reverse form (blacks, ghetto, poor) people targeting white, suburban, rich folks &, if that were the case, I'd call a duck a duck. Just so happens that's not the case on this forum. Like I explained, these cowards have nothing over me. The last level of human existence is physicality &, trust me, they lack that advantage. I'm not your average dude here on topix &, if you knew me, cowards is nowhere in my description. All I did was what the average people are afraid to do to a bully, stood up for myself & others being exploited. You don't know how much I wish I knew all of you personally. I enjoy the topics & conversation, even if you disagree but, I know face to face these dudes wouldn't call me or any other person on this thread out of our names. So no, we're not different sides of the same coin. You only see what you want to see because you side with them anyway. Evidenced by you responding when I clearly said I was talking to them!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#914816 May 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner is trying to introduce legislation to name the new sewage treatment plant after you.....
Are you sure? I mean like 20% of any action Boehner's No party legislation accomplishments in the years since Obama's elections (with all of the messes left behind by Dumbya) has been renaming Post Offices...Being "off-the-grid" is your occupant correspondence delivered by chicken hawk?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#914817 May 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another dumbass right whiner that thinks we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month with an economy shrinking at a rate over 6%.
The projected deficit for 2013 reduced by 200 billion because revenues from the building economy are increasing.
A year from now, when the dumbass obstructionist Republicans will be running for Congress with having zero to do with our recover while toting a lot of blame for the recession.
The Dems will be busy disavowing Obamacare and promising to change it. The IRS being associated with Obamacare will further drag it down.

Actually you are dreaming. There is just not that many seats that are in danger. Dems have a major burden with the scandals that will continue to bleed until 2014.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#914822 May 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The O'bama administration is the biggest leaker-let's get the New York Times records--oh wait O'bama leaked all that information to try to make himself look good. At the same time he was corrupting the elections of the United States. Illegitimate president in more ways than one. O'bama turning America into a banana republic, one scandal at a time.
Yea, you got that right! Bush lead usright off the road of prosperity left by Clinton, into 2 unpaid wars &, a historic financial crisis. If Bush listened to his constituents, we would've never been in Iraq. If he listened to his field agents, 9/11 would've never happened!

Now Obama, smart enough to understand that you people are brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh& isn't afraid to point it out. If you don't agree with his guidance, play partisan politics, that's Limbaugh's philosophy &, you suckers bite every time hook, line, & sinker. Obama was elected by the people, to work for the people, so that's what he does. Bush was no more than a retarded tyrant dictator. He didn't give a damn about what the people wanted & lead us right off the cliff. The smart people may have fell off but, you fools jumped off head first & still defend his self admitted incompetence!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#914823 May 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Nation: Why Are Liberals So Rude?
Yes, you read that correctly; Fox Nation actually has the brass to complain about liberals being rude to conservatives. The same Fox Nation that posts incessant death threats and wishes. The same Fox Nation that discusses murdering the opposing view as an option. The same Fox Nation that celebrates the deaths of others. The same Fox Nation that runs slanderous, race-baiting, and name calling headlines designed to stoke hate. THAT Fox Nation is now complaining about people being “rude” to their side. And predictably, this article is little more than a pretext for the Fox Nation haters to hate some more. Think stalker producer and Fox Nation editor Jesse Watters cared about any rudeness toward the left in the comments to this post? Click through to find out.
http://www.newshounds.us/fox_nation_why_are_l...
What happen to your favorite charity-Media Matters? The organization that colluded with the DOJ press secretary to target and smear whistle blowers and reporters on the Obama enemy list. The stupid woman got so brash as to refer reporters to the nefarious site. This was her undoing and her emails confirmed her actions.

So you switch to another Obama enemy list hit site and this is somehow to have any more cred than Media Matters?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#914825 May 30, 2013
Well, Senator John McCain sneaked about a half mile inside Syria this week and managed to get himself photographed with a rebel group which kidnapped 11 Lebanese Shiites who were on a religious pilgrimage last year.

Nice going John.

John should have taken a tour of Tartus, a city on Syrias S E coast which is home to a Russian Naval base with a few battleships, tugs and a tanker.

The battleships are equipped with both anti ship and anti aircraft missiles manned by Russian troops. Syrian anti aircraft missiles located elsewhere around the country are Russian produced and also manned by Russian troops.

Aside from Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and even some Iraqi's are assisting the Assad regime.

John should be a fkn expert on anti aircraft missiles!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#914826 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Why I just checked this one from an extreme leftist source this morning, abdul. Just wait a few more weeks........:-
Special IRS Prosecutor Favored as Obama Support Drops
By Jonathan D. Salant -
May 30, 2013 3:00 AM MT
Three-quarters of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent. Those backing such a move included 63 percent of Democrats.
The IRS earlier this month disclosed that it singled out groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names for extra scrutiny before deciding whether to grant tax-exempt status under the tax code’s Section 501(c)(4).
“There is overwhelming bipartisan support for an independent investigation into the IRS,” Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac polling institute, said in a news release.
Voters expressed negative views of both major political parties, as well as the anti-tax Tea Party movement.

The Republican Party was viewed unfavorably by 50 percent of those polled, while 35 percent had a favorable opinion; for Democrats, the breakdown was 47 percent unfavorable, 42 percent favorable. The Tea Party was rated unfavorably by 38 percent, and favorably by 28 percent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/spec...

as i already pointed out, 28 percent doesn't add up to 'deep shit'.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#914827 May 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishment Republicans have spent years tiptoeing around the tea party, concerned that its hot rhetoric and deep pockets could wreak havoc in their ranks and further disrupt the national party leadership’s carefully-laid plans.
But Rep. Michele Bachmann’s sudden fall exposes the reality of tea party players: their power in Congress is mostly a mirage.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/30/1212...
you're just a mirage attached to a mirage. much like 2 dogs on a cold winter's night.
All career politicians are scared of the tea party. Thats a good thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#914828 May 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure? I mean like 20% of any action Boehner's No party legislation accomplishments in the years since Obama's elections (with all of the messes left behind by Dumbya) has been renaming Post Offices...Being "off-the-grid" is your occupant correspondence delivered by chicken hawk?
That's legitamate!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#914829 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Morning abdul. Any news on how MSNBC is doing?
Good grief, HLN is beating MSNBC in the ratings. Several months ago NBC separated their internet news site away from the MSNBC brand.
They will probably leave the channel to wither as long as they can make it somewhat profitable.

Off topic but I am hearing SNL is in trouble. All the major stars are leaving or strongly suggesting they may leave. That run of forty years was amazing but political satire isn't funny when reality is more outrageous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#914830 May 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Well, Senator John McCain sneaked about a half mile inside Syria this week and managed to get himself photographed with a rebel group which kidnapped 11 Lebanese Shiites who were on a religious pilgrimage last year.
Nice going John.
John should have taken a tour of Tartus, a city on Syrias S E coast which is home to a Russian Naval base with a few battleships, tugs and a tanker.
The battleships are equipped with both anti ship and anti aircraft missiles manned by Russian troops. Syrian anti aircraft missiles located elsewhere around the country are Russian produced and also manned by Russian troops.
Aside from Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and even some Iraqi's are assisting the Assad regime.
There's a reason we call him john mcshame

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#914831 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Hi dewan!! More threats of criminal violence, I see. Thx for validating the views held by those who excoriate your kind; we couldnt do it without you.
PS; prison library closes at noon....
Pardon me, I don't do all that disrespectful stuff without the threat of violence. I was raised on the principle,"there's consequences for what you do or say." You obviously weren't raised! Never been to prison, so don't need to know about the law library.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Seminole, FL

#914832 May 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, you got that right! Bush lead usright off the road of prosperity left by Clinton, into 2 unpaid wars &, a historic financial crisis. If Bush listened to his constituents, we would've never been in Iraq. If he listened to his field agents, 9/11 would've never happened!
Now Obama, smart enough to understand that you people are brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh& isn't afraid to point it out. If you don't agree with his guidance, play partisan politics, that's Limbaugh's philosophy &, you suckers bite every time hook, line, & sinker. Obama was elected by the people, to work for the people, so that's what he does. Bush was no more than a retarded tyrant dictator. He didn't give a damn about what the people wanted & lead us right off the cliff. The smart people may have fell off but, you fools jumped off head first & still defend his self admitted incompetence!
It does seem like only yesterday when Monica was crawling around the Clinton White House on her hands and knees, putting and stuffing everything in her mouth you idiot... Maybe you too!!

Mercifully Bush is gone and has been gone for going on 5 years. He isn't today's newspaper you moron, he's last year's newspaper, a decade ago you idiot!

And you're still in love with GW Bush while the country slides into an abyss and is going to hell. LMFAO...

The IRS will be obama's undoing with deep shit on the horizon for obama you idiot and all you can do is rag on Bush and look like an idiot you moron..

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#914833 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What happen to your favorite charity-Media Matters? The organization that colluded with the DOJ press secretary to target and smear whistle blowers and reporters on the Obama enemy list. The stupid woman got so brash as to refer reporters to the nefarious site. This was her undoing and her emails confirmed her actions.
So you switch to another Obama enemy list hit site and this is somehow to have any more cred than Media Matters?
naturally, any site that takes shots at FOX instantly has cred.

too easy by half when shooting at the non-credible, but nonetheless enjoyable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#914834 May 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Nice going John.
Maybe you should READ the news.

Russia announced YESTERDAY they would be SENDING anti-aircraft missiles to Syria AFTER the EU announced it would lift the ban on shipping arms to Syria.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#914835 May 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Ratings: Fanning The Flames Of Scandal Pays Off – Sort Of
.... it is inescapable that Fox’s obsession with hyperbolic attacks on President Obama and his administration is not resonating with younger viewers. Fox is repeating the mistakes they committed last year by harping on wild conspiracies, extreme rightist rhetoric, and fantastical allegations for which they have no support. That’s the sort of behavior that turned them into a laughing stock and produced an audience that was stunned when Republicans cratered at the ballot box. The same sort of shock is going to strike Fox viewers when these myriad scandals all peter out. Their gullible audience will once again wonder how Fox could have assured them that the Obama administration was near collapse, but nothing close to that takes place. If there is one constant that Fox is careful to maintain, it is their determination to mislead their flock by feeding them the fringe-flavored chum they crave.
The near future will likely be more of the same barring any unforeseen circumstances. There are no predictable events on the horizon (i.e. elections) that are likely to stir the pot. Although the currently simmering pseudo-scandals may still have a little heat in them, and the Supreme Court will be dropping some decisions this summer. Other than that, stay tuned to be underwhelmed, unless you’re Fox viewer. In which case — be afraid, be very afraid.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
They certainly have all these jackwagons worked up in to a frenzy, some think Obama will be impeached and out of office in 6 months. Crazy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#914836 May 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
All career politicians are scared of the tea party. Thats a good thing.
don't you mean all career Republican politicians?

the Dems seem more amused than scared. and it's not like they have to deal with right wing crazy talk during a primary.[?]
Florida

Seminole, FL

#914837 May 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Nice going John.
Playing stupid and ignorant isn't working for Obama, why do you think it will work for you Realtime? It never has...

Realtime would rather set up a jihad emirate and establish Sharia law. His goal never changes...

Nothing is more terrible than your ignorance in action Realtime...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#914838 May 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, you got that right! Bush lead usright off the road of prosperity left by Clinton, into 2 unpaid wars &, a historic financial crisis. If Bush listened to his constituents, we would've never been in Iraq. If he listened to his field agents, 9/11 would've never happened!
On the 'Today Show' this morning they discussed the real potential for another housing bubble. The prices in certain areas of the country are inflated as some individuals are buying up a lot of the houses hoping to flip for higher prices and we have Obama trying to crank up pressure to loan to unqualified buyers.

Bad enough it happened the first. Real bad that there is a repeat of the behaviors that caused it so close on the heels of the first bubble burst. Now that is DUMB

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,935
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Obskeptic 177,326
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 1 hr rodeo3queen 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr DrZhivago 49,446
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 46,292
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr Stanky Pete 7,560
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info