Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262072 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#915167 May 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiight, you idiots have been saying that for 5 years. We'll chalk that up with your $7 gas and electric bills tripling, quadrupling, or whatever nonsense number you posted.
Flack has the balls to make bold predictions, homer, not so much.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#915168 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have meltdown.
Hah, you're a dreamer as well as a loser.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#915169 May 30, 2013
The pressure is Mounting on Holder the’ AP/IRS scandals are growing so will the President come out and say something Stupid like ( I Have Full Confidence In Holder?)

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#915170 May 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama was following the letter of the law, he would deport all illegal aliens.
President Obama has followed 'the letter of the law', as President he has deported more illegal immigrants than any other President and still got the Hispanic -American vote because Obama does it humanely and in consideration of the families involved and respect to the other countries of origin.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#915173 May 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot about the liberal lawyers who will be arguing for the turtles rights.
Turtles have just as much right to exist just on age alone. They've been around a lot longer before human ancestors chose to climb out of the primordial ooze millions of years ago.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915174 May 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, nitwit, these codes are a Bush holdover!!
Rand Paul Mocks Obamacare For ‘Turtle Bite’ Diagnostic Codes Ordered By The Bush Administration
""n Monday, several news outlets highlighted comments that Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) made to the Iowa Republican Party earlier this month in which he mocked an Obamacare provision for being burdensome and silly. Paul ridiculed the health law for forcing doctors to use 122,000 new medical diagnostic codes for describing Americans’ injuries to the government, including for “injuries sustained from a turtle” and “walking into a lamppost.”
The new codes do, admittedly, exist. There’s just one problem with Paul’s claims — they were adopted by the George W. Bush administration, long before Obamacare was even being debated.
Paul is referring to the transition from the ICD-9 — the current system of medical code classifications that originated from the World Health Organization (WHO)— to the far more detailed ICD-10. That’s a change that was mandated by the Bush White House in its waning days and is reflective of changing international standards for coding care. Many countries have been using the updated codes for over a decade.
In a press release from August 15, 2008, Bush’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) wrote that it had issued rules to implement “a long-awaited proposed regulation that would replace the ICD-9-CM code sets now used to report health care diagnoses and procedures with greatly expanded ICD-10 code sets, effective Oct. 1, 2011.”"
----------
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You nitwits, you and Emaam, fell hook, linee, and sinker for this one.
Turns out it was a Bush policy.
Making you the idiot again. You just attacked your hero, thinking it was OBama who came up with these codes.
Stupid is as you nitwits do.
I'm lovin' it!!
Stupid libturd doesn't know what "proposed" means. Icd-10 isn't being used in the u.s. right now, stupid.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915175 May 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't take th etime to find out that what Rand was talking about was a Bush policy.
Making you look more ignorant than usual.
----------
"n Monday, several news outlets highlighted comments that Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) made to the Iowa Republican Party earlier this month in which he mocked an Obamacare provision for being burdensome and silly. Paul ridiculed the health law for forcing doctors to use 122,000 new medical diagnostic codes for describing Americans’ injuries to the government, including for “injuries sustained from a turtle” and “walking into a lamppost.”
The new codes do, admittedly, exist. There’s just one problem with Paul’s claims — they were adopted by the George W. Bush administration, long before Obamacare was even being debated.
Paul is referring to the transition from the ICD-9 — the current system of medical code classifications that originated from the World Health Organization (WHO)— to the far more detailed ICD-10. That’s a change that was mandated by the Bush White House in its waning days and is reflective of changing international standards for coding care. Many countries have been using the updated codes for over a decade.
In a press release from August 15, 2008, Bush’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) wrote that it had issued rules to implement “a long-awaited proposed regulation that would replace the ICD-9-CM code sets now used to report health care diagnoses and procedures with greatly expanded ICD-10 code sets, effective Oct. 1, 2011.”"
----------
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wingnuts hoisted on their own petard!!
And you still don't know what proposed means.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915176 May 30, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No time for that.....What Obama induced scandal are we discussing today? Nancy Pelosi's lipstick print on his ass?
You want any of this dandelion soup?
I'm glad you're here. Maybe you can save homer, but I'm thinking his liberal brain washing is complete.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#915177 May 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, you're a dreamer as well as a loser.
Still defensive and belligerent. As I stated in melt down.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#915178 May 30, 2013
navarro wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon, stupid ignorant kkkhunt.
Your childish attack libtard should really inflame all the root smoochers on here...

It's the culture...
Florida

Seminole, FL

#915179 May 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Still defensive and belligerent. As I stated in melt down.
Realtime is a pathetic old fool (1947) always ranting against his life failures and miserable condition... He never grows tired of making an idiot out of himself or hating on women and Hispanics...

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#915180 May 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I haven't spit on anyone... civilian or otherwise. Unlike you, I'm not wired that way. So your conservative conditioned response if misplaced.
But I can tell you there are some conservatives on other threads who laugh at the injuries suffered by the troops. Apparently the dividing line is their politics... and these 'nice' people haven't served a day in their life.
They're more interested in the capitalistic mantra of cons!
Boy, don't make me take my belt off and whip you. I told you to respect your elders.

You pretend to have military experience. So, I'm going to ask you again:

Were you one of the frauds that pretended to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called Vietnam Veterans Against the War and slandered the real veterans with lies?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915181 May 30, 2013
navarro wrote:
<quoted text>
Eman is a pusssccceee.
Like you
Too scared to post as dem? Scared they'll ban your ass again? Lol
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#915182 May 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Turtles have just as much right to exist just on age alone. They've been around a lot longer before human ancestors chose to climb out of the primordial ooze millions of years ago.
People love turtles, thus Turtle Man on the Animal Channel. Iyi-yi-yi-yi.

Weird how some species are fair game while others are protected to the hilt and beyond.

Long ago there was restaurant called Droulliard's which was just off I-75 between Detroit and Toledo that prepared fresh caught snapper deep fried and of course soup. OMG it was special.

Well, that place has been closed for a while__I guess they ran out of turtles.

BTW that place is in the same area where many now think Hoffa's body was dumped.

Maybe Jimmy ended up as turtle food.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915183 May 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Turtles have just as much right to exist just on age alone. They've been around a lot longer before human ancestors chose to climb out of the primordial ooze millions of years ago.
I hear turtle soup is pretty goid.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#915184 May 30, 2013
Even Obama’s friends are trying to diminish his One Accomplishment in the past 4 1/2 years ‘Bin Laden's bodyguard: SEALs didn't do it! Osama blew himself up’ should have sent a Thank You Card!!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#915187 May 30, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Press reaction…. Backlash Grows Against Holder's Off Record Meeting, it’s time for the President to step up and show Leadership and ask Holder for his Resignation!!
You anti-American tea party kooky racists protest too much and give away your game. Eric Holder must be doing an exceptionally good job to have all you right-wing nuts hating him so much.:-D He stays where he is!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#915188 May 30, 2013
TSM wrote:
Even Obama’s friends are trying to diminish his One Accomplishment in the past 4 1/2 years ‘Bin Laden's bodyguard: SEALs didn't do it! Osama blew himself up’ should have sent a Thank You Card!!
Now you're believing an al qaida soldier over American soldiers. you're a disgusting , two-faced loser.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915189 May 30, 2013
TSM wrote:
That would explain why there are no pictures of the body. Personally, I hope the seals killed him.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#915191 May 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Onvously!
Haha. Sucker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-28-15 4 min Kuuipo 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 194,352
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 6,251
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 100,222
Snapchat me 3 hr Cheezybhole 2
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 3 hr gonzo 15
Oak Park: Trying to hold on to its endearing past 3 hr joey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages