Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
839,121 - 839,140 of 1,099,233 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Holder about to be thrown under the bus!!!
He might as well start padding up.

They might have to get a second bus before it's all over.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhttttt ttttttt..........
Like Holder is going to send to prison the people who gave so much money in bribes to Obama, it was only Christopher Dodd in the entire Congress they gave more money to.
That was some powerful kool ade you drank this morning. You might want to go check yourself into a clinic about now.
More stupidity from Dumbwaiter, the clueless racist Teabagger.

Let's review how stupid he is;
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Roger that.
Come January, we're going to start getting some answers on a lot of things.
If it turns out that the truth is so dispicable it is a weighty decision to make it public, then, so be it.
It's better to come clean and show the world that we are capable of correcting major mistakes than it is to pretend it never happened and lose the trust of the entire world forever.
Romney/Ryan in a landslide, just like the mid-term elections when the American people handed the Democrats their asses.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine — Dr. Michael Ciampi took a step this spring that many of his fellow physicians would describe as radical.
The family physician stopped accepting all forms of health insurance. In early 2013, Ciampi sent a letter to his patients informing them that he would no longer accept any kind of health coverage, both private and government-sponsored. Given that he was now asking patients to pay for his services out of pocket, he posted his prices on the practice’s website.
The change took effect April 1.
“It’s been almost unanimous that patients have expressed understanding at why I’m doing what I’m doing, although I’ve had many people leave the practice because they want to be covered by insurance, which is understandable,” Ciampi said.
Before the switch, Ciampi had about 2,000 patients. He lost several hundred, he said. Some patients with health coverage, faced with having to seek reimbursement themselves rather than through his office, bristled at the paperwork burden.
But the decision to do away with insurance allows Ciampi to practice medicine the way he sees fit, he said. Insurance companies no longer dictate how much he charges. He can offer discounts to patients struggling with their medical bills. He can make house calls.
“I’m freed up to do what I think is right for the patients,” Ciampi said.“If I’m providing them a service that they value, they can pay me, and we cut the insurance out as the middleman and cut out a lot of the expense.”
Ciampi expects more doctors will follow suit. Some may choose to run “concierge practices” in which patients pay to keep a doctor on retainer, he said.
Gordon Smith, a spokesman for the Maine Medical Association, wasn’t so sure, saying most patients either want to use the insurance they pay for or need to rely on Medicare and Medicaid.
Even with the loss of some patients, Ciampi expects his practice to perform just as well financially, if not better, than before he ditched insurance. The new approach will likely attract new patients who are self-employed, lack insurance or have high-deductible plans, he said, because Ciampi has slashed his prices.
“I’ve been able to cut my prices in half because my overhead will be so much less,” he said.
Before, Ciampi charged $160 for an office visit with an existing patient facing one or more complicated health problems. Now, he charges $75.
Patients with an earache or strep throat can spend $300 at their local hospital emergency room, or promptly get an appointment at his office and pay $50, he said.
Ciampi collects payment at the end of the visit, freeing him of the time and costs associated with sending bills, he said.
That time is crucial to Ciampi. When his patients come to his office, they see him, not a physician’s assistant or a nurse practitioner, he said.
“If more doctors were able to do this, that would be real health care reform,” he said.“That’s when we’d see the cost of medicine truly go down.”
Good.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Our top law enforcement official and leader of the "Justice" Department, Eric Holdout has been caught lying in a chilling totalitarian subversion of the free press.

He denied having any knowledge and now we find out not only did he know about it, he signed the warrant!

Democrats look the other way. Eric Withholder belongs in jail for lying to Congress. If it's good enough for Scooter Libby, it's good enough for Eric Blowhard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Nuttin bitch! I'm tired so I'll get at you later. She's my dog/my bitch, I mean literally!
Ghetto tough guy.

Obama class act.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going to post this again:
Yes I'm sure all those thousands of soldiers waiting and waiting and waiting for their disability claims to go through would be so happy to stand in the line of "supporters" for just how much Obama and his administration do for them. Oh, and don't forget all those soldiers that were vics of the "work place violence" at Fort Hood. I bet they are some of Obama's biggest supporters. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!
The irony is if republicans had accepted even some of Obama's recommendations to streamline and make more efficient the government bureaucracy, namely the Veterans Affairs Department , veterans would be happier in receiving their benefits more promptly without the mess of red tape.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no race based initiative.
Banks were caught being racist & it makes you mad.
Redlining is racist.
Perhaps you can explain the concept of redlining, why banks used it, and why it coincidentally coincided with racial boundaries.
In other words, why did all the people who never paid their bills and drove down real estate value live in black neighborhoods?
Banks don't care what color you are. They only care if you pay your goddam bills on time. The only color they see is green.
Perhaps if you wouldn't burn down your own goddam neighborhood so goddam often, you might get a real bank to make a loan in there.
Maybe if there were fewer drive-by shootings and you didn't stack the bullet-riddled corpses to the rafters in the morgues every goddam weekend, you might get a real bank to make some loans in your neighborhood.
Maybe if you became civilized, you might reap the benefits of civilization.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Annie Rand was against Medicare until She needed it.
Sort of against Medicare for others?
John Galt wrote:
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine — Dr. Michael Ciampi took a step this spring that many of his fellow physicians would describe as radical.
The family physician stopped accepting all forms of health insurance. In early 2013, Ciampi sent a letter to his patients informing them that he would no longer accept any kind of health coverage, both private and government-sponsored. Given that he was now asking patients to pay for his services out of pocket, he posted his prices on the practice’s website.
The change took effect April 1.
“It’s been almost unanimous that patients have expressed understanding at why I’m doing what I’m doing, although I’ve had many people leave the practice because they want to be covered by insurance, which is understandable,” Ciampi said.
Before the switch, Ciampi had about 2,000 patients. He lost several hundred, he said. Some patients with health coverage, faced with having to seek reimbursement themselves rather than through his office, bristled at the paperwork burden.
But the decision to do away with insurance allows Ciampi to practice medicine the way he sees fit, he said. Insurance companies no longer dictate how much he charges. He can offer discounts to patients struggling with their medical bills. He can make house calls.
“I’m freed up to do what I think is right for the patients,” Ciampi said.“If I’m providing them a service that they value, they can pay me, and we cut the insurance out as the middleman and cut out a lot of the expense.”
Ciampi expects more doctors will follow suit. Some may choose to run “concierge practices” in which patients pay to keep a doctor on retainer, he said.
Gordon Smith, a spokesman for the Maine Medical Association, wasn’t so sure, saying most patients either want to use the insurance they pay for or need to rely on Medicare and Medicaid.
Even with the loss of some patients, Ciampi expects his practice to perform just as well financially, if not better, than before he ditched insurance. The new approach will likely attract new patients who are self-employed, lack insurance or have high-deductible plans, he said, because Ciampi has slashed his prices.
“I’ve been able to cut my prices in half because my overhead will be so much less,” he said.
Before, Ciampi charged $160 for an office visit with an existing patient facing one or more complicated health problems. Now, he charges $75.
Patients with an earache or strep throat can spend $300 at their local hospital emergency room, or promptly get an appointment at his office and pay $50, he said.
Ciampi collects payment at the end of the visit, freeing him of the time and costs associated with sending bills, he said.
That time is crucial to Ciampi. When his patients come to his office, they see him, not a physician’s assistant or a nurse practitioner, he said.
“If more doctors were able to do this, that would be real health care reform,” he said.“That’s when we’d see the cost of medicine truly go down.”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those ineligible people on the voting roles actually voted?
One is too many.

Voter fraud is a serious crime that should result in a lengthy prison term.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy was doing just fine until the democrats screwed up the housing loan crisis, you nose picker.
The fat little liar is at it again, I see.

Bush was President, but had no power, eh?? You wear your ignorance like a tailored suit.

Care to talk about Bush's scandals?? You seem focused on misdemeanors from a staffer of Clinton's that occurred several years after Clinton left office.

And you stupidly accuse others of bias, while you're the most biased idiot on this thread??

Not working, Lorac. Doesn't matter how many times you change your name, your lies come shining through.

Let's jog your memory, fool;
----------

* Bush sits with schoolchildren for seven minutes after being informed on September 11, 2001 that U.S. is under attack; several days later his administration over-rides the FAA ban on air travel and has bin Laden's relatives and other wealthy Saudis flown out of U.S. "for their safety."

* White House vigorously opposes creation of the 9-11 Commission.

* Bush and Cheney finally appear before 9-11 Commission together, and censor report's findings on Saudi involvement in attack.

* Judge Advocate General under Gen. Tommy Franks forbids a Predator Drone direct strike on Taliban leader Mullah Omar in first few hours of Afghan war. The hunt for Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden is then delegated to Afghan rebels in Tora Bora. Both terrorists escape and are still at large when Bush leaves office seven years later.

* Drug companies get their way as 2003 Medicare Bill prohibits government from negotiating lower prescription drug prices for seniors.

* U.N. weapons inspectors kicked out of Iraq when they find no Weapons of Mass Destruction; Bush administration uses "mushroom cloud" scare and false story of Iraqi involvement in 9-11 attacks to gain American support for Iraq invasion.

* U.S. military defends Iraqi Oil Ministry while Baghdad museums are looted of priceless antiquities.

* Iraqi army disbanded by Coalition Provisional Authority head Paul Bremer, over objections of Gen. Garner. This throws 250,000 angry, armed Iraqis out of work, creates insurgency and helps enable flow of foreign fighters into Iraq. Asked later about how the decision was made to disband the Iraqi army, Bush says he can't remember.

* Halliburton (Dick Cheney, former CEO) secures war contracts worth billions of dollars by sealed, noncompetitive bids.

* American troops travel in unarmored Humvees and have to buy their own body armor.

* Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld forced to stop sending "killed in action" condolence letters signed by autopen after an outraged father complains to his Congressman and it comes out in a hearing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans' claims are far more likely than Democrats' to be rated false by the fact-checking site PolitiFact, according to a study released Tuesday.
Big surprise!

PolitiFact is a leftwing Soros propaganda front.

Probably tax exempt.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Getting back to the more serious and pressing issues at hand...
New evidence in the IRS scandal:
Letters show IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups.
Among the letters were several that bore return IRS addresses other than Cincinnati, including "Department of the Treasury / Internal Revenue Service / Washington, D.C.," and the signatures of IRS officials higher up the chain.
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/...
(Please note the credible source.)
Long term problems for republicans

GOP’s problems with Latinos could get much, much worse
By Jamelle Bouie, Published: May 14, 2013 at 11:43 amE-mail the writer
Given the current scandal-mania, it’s no surprise this went under the radar, but in Florida, the GOP’s state director of Hispanic outreach, Pablo Pantoja, has resigned his position, left the Republican Party, and changed his party identification to “Democrat.”
His reasoning is straightforward: For all the focus on outreach to Latino communities, Pantoja believes that there is a “culture of intolerance surrounding the Republican Party.” In a letter, he cites the recent revelations surrounding Jason Richwine, a former scholar at the Heritage Foundation, and his ideas on race and intelligence.“Although the organization distanced themselves from those assertions,” writes Pantoja,“other immigration-related research is still padded with the same racist and eugenics-based innuendo.”
And then there’s also all the GOP rhetoric about immigration. It’s not hard to find examples of prominent Republicans using racially-loaded terms like “anchor babies” and “illegals” to describe unauthorized Latino immigrants and their children. Indeed, the Republican presidential primaries were soaked with derogatory rhetoric towards immigrants, and one candidate — Texas Governor Rick Perry — began his slide to defeat after he expressed sympathy for the children of unauthorized immigrants.

Pantoja’s departure from the Republican Party is instructive. Not only does it illustrate the dynamic of the last four years — where Latino voters responded to negative Republican rhetoric by going further into the Democratic camp — but the potential dynamic of the next decade. As Greg noted earlier this morning, conservative Republicans in the Senate are preparing to introduce a variety of “poison pill” amendments to the immigration bill — which is happening right now as we speak — designed to make the package unpalatable to supporters. Likewise, House Republicans have yet to offer their support to a comprehensive bill.
The combination of right-wing rhetoric and figures like Jason Richwine have created the perception of racialized opposition to immigration reform, where attempts to kill the legislation stem from anti-Hispanic bigotry. If the immigration bill fails, it could damage the GOP’s relationship with Hispanic voters even further for another generation. Which means — for Republican supporters — that it has to pass. There’s no other option.
The good news is that a bill is still possible, as key Republicans like Marco Rubio remain behind the proposal. But they still need to break through right-wing opposition, and so far, it’s hard to see that happening.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the vacuum.
Your nickname on the street is Hoover.
lol! poor baby. no original thought.

must be that space between your ears!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can explain the concept of redlining, why banks used it, and why it coincidentally coincided with racial boundaries.
In other words, why did all the people who never paid their bills and drove down real estate value live in black neighborhoods?
Banks don't care what color you are. They only care if you pay your goddam bills on time. The only color they see is green.
Perhaps if you wouldn't burn down your own goddam neighborhood so goddam often, you might get a real bank to make a loan in there.
Maybe if there were fewer drive-by shootings and you didn't stack the bullet-riddled corpses to the rafters in the morgues every goddam weekend, you might get a real bank to make some loans in your neighborhood.
Care to review what an idiot you are??
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney in a landslide, dufus.
Then, we're going to start getting some answers about a lot of things.
One thing we're going to get some answers on is where was the president during the Benghazi battle and what was he doing. We're going to find out who is making the decisions the president should be making. We're going to find out why the US government set up the consulate to be unarmed for a preplanned Al Qaeda attack, and why the US government hung those Americans out to dry.
It was the White House that killed those 4 Americans.
We're going to find out who it was. You can count on that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that you asked if John McCain met with Al Qaeda to see what help they needed implies that we would have given he opportunity.
The idea you ask shows that you just aren't very well informed, as we already suspected.
After all, wouldn't a Republican want to get Al Qaeda to attack another consulate so they could mount another investigation in hopes of winning more votes?
After all, they already used the deaths of 4 Americans in Libya for political purposes, they have already made sure our recovery from the Bush recession suffered for political purposes, so heck, why not arrange another terrorist attack.
McCain was probably seeing if the RNC & the NRA could hire a few terrorist.
McCain is an Obama Quisling, no longer a Republican.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Congress authorized Clinton to send troops to Bosnia.
Congress authorized Clinton, under the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, to drop bombs on Iraq for four days.
Congress authorized Johnson to use military force in Vietnam under the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
So if the Iraq War was unconstitutional, so were all conflicts and wars since WWII - all of them authorized by Congress.
Liberals just like to play the "double standard card" when it suits their bias.
Under President Bush

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al-Qaida attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al-Qaida terrorists storm the diplomatic compound killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al-Qaida terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers.(I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaida-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that apply to presidents who call our servicemen "corpse-men", repeatedly? I wouldn't blame someone for giving Obama a pass on this one, after all, there are far more serious flaws in his character than just the disrespect and cavalier indifference he pays to "his" men - our defenders. Now I see where he had another bout of amnesia and "forgot" to return a salute to a Marine charged with protecting him...what an a**hole.
lol! As opposed to a president like bushie boy who claims to be in the Bible?

wow.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS, we have 2 vacant houses in our neighborhood, both former residents were white.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong;it was only Romney and Ryan that Wall Street Bankers gave more political donor money to.
Check your facts, dufus.
Like Holder is going to send to prison the people who gave so much money in bribes to Obama, it was only Christopher Dodd in the entire Congress they gave more money to.
That was some powerful kool ade you drank this morning. You might want to go check yourself into a clinic about now.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, byytch.
That was your Bush who said "make that happen"
Everyone gets a loan!
Cut taxes for Billionaires!
One guy with over a thousand million dollars!
Bush/Cheney: "we are due"
Time for a big fuuuuuuccckkkkk you America!
Cut taxes for the richest,(gov help for billionaires!)
AND
BORROW OVER A TRILLION FOR WAR IN IRAQ!
hey byytch!
You dumbfffcckkks owe that money. YOU get to pay for that!
At least the Genius Obama borrows long term at 1.8% to fix YOUR GUYS FFFFFFCKKKKK UPS!
A North Carolina Hil-William, ain't you just the cat's pajamas. You are ignorant of how Giverment works.. Your idiocy is front and center when you post. The English language isn't your first language, foul mouth is!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min mahz 49,400
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,337
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 2 hr Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 3 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr andet1987 1,448
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,275
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Poppo 177,265
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE