Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#913878 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So would the trillion dollars Bush wasted ion the Iraq War.
So in your opinion it is alright that O'bama gives to these moslem countries that hate us? got it--no storm shelters for you--because of O'bama.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#913879 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no race based initiative.
Banks were caught being racist & it makes you mad.
Redlining is racist.
Jesus, Dumb Dave. I want you personally to offer a loan to someone with a low credit score JUST BECAUSE they are black and THEN you can talk about redlining.

Prevented this

#913880 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no race based initiative.
Banks were caught being racist & it makes you mad.
Redlining is racist.
Bad credit should be color blind.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#913881 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an idea. How about a professional national security person like someone from the FBI or CIA instead of a f*cking nutcase wacko Tea Party idiot.
Would you be talking about the number one gun runner for Mexican drug cartels and the person who rushed the Saudi national detained at the scene of the bombing out of the country before the Boston police could interrogate him? Would you be talking about the person who was just reently busted for illegally wire tapping journalists?
Do you really think anyone would actually believe anything Eric Holder would say?
The only sanity in Washington today is the TEA Party.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#913882 May 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You got that wrong. The Russians went to Obama's FBI to ask for help on tracking and Intelligence gathering on suspected Russian-American contacts with the anti-government Chechen movement.
Which coincidentally was the goddam terrorist who bombed Boston, you idiot.

Prevented this

#913883 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>You really drank from the conspiracy theorists ' kool-aid. Try thinking for yourself and get off the Oxy habit.
Here's a whole Book you can read for free--history is repeating itself in the United States via 'O'bamacare'... not about health, not about care, it is about medicating the masses.
Drugging a Nation

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/33586/33586-h/...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913884 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jane, yearning for the good old days when banks could discriminate.
The world economy is depleting the earth's natural resources, and economists cling to models that make no reference whatsoever to the biophysical basis that underpins the economy. That's why ecological economics is needed, says William Rees in this INET interview.
http://ineteconomics.org/video/interv ...
http://youtu.be/uxfGcwfYlAg

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#913885 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So would the trillion dollars Bush wasted ion the Iraq War.
"real dumb"
You are stoopid. Name a leading democrat in congress or anyplace else that spoke out against the action in Iraq. All of them, clinton(s), biden, kerry, hairy reed, pelousi, schumer, etal, agreed that sadamn should go.
Speaking of a trillion dollars being pissed away, how about the near trillion president nobama wasted on his stimulus program.
Peace
KMA

Prevented this

#913886 May 29, 2013
flack wrote:
Holder about to be thrown under the bus!!!
I wonder if Holder and Hillary will be able to kiss under there?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#913887 May 29, 2013
<quoted text> When your weak debate skills fail you , you pull the race card. Holder has the Obama Administration's complete confidence. The only reason republicans want Holder to resign is because he's finally rethinking the possibility of sending Wall Street bankers who were responsible for stealing American homes and savings and wrecking the U S economy in 2007-08 in jail.
Riiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhttttt ttttttt..........
Like Holder is going to send to prison the people who gave so much money in bribes to Obama, it was only Christopher Dodd in the entire Congress they gave more money to.
That was some powerful kool ade you drank this morning. You might want to go check yourself into a clinic about now.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913888 May 29, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>and your ObamAmnesia EXCUSE is you were on your way to exchange your Cash for Clunker and an IAFDV (Illegal Alien Future Democrat) voter hit your clunker head on while texting in Spanish.
I do not have a clunker you vile hateful beast.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#913889 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> This from a supporter of a man who lied to invade a country that killed over 4000 of our soldiers.
The mere idea that you have a GD fit about a salute, an umbrella, or a mispronounced word while supporting a party that sent so many to die just proves what a GD idiot you are.
Barack Obama has done so much for our soldiers & their families that you, your pathetic party, or George W Bush EVER did.
My God, start a war about oil & send soldiers to it without body armor or properly armored vehicles - that is respect for our troops?
What lie? As WE recall the facts of the case:
A) Vallery Plame was head of the CIA's joint task force on WMDs in Iraq, and she was responsible for vetting all intelligence given to the president.
...(there is no B)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#913890 May 29, 2013
In other news, Michelle Bachmann announced she will not run for re-election.

Seems that ethics investigation is taking a toll on poor little Miss Whackjob!! So like her sister in stupidity, Sarah Palin, she chooses to quit!!

""“And rest assured, this decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff," she continued. "It was clearly understood that compliance with all rules and regulations was an absolute necessity for my presidential campaign. And I have no reason to believe that that was not the case."
The tea party favorite left the door open for a return to politics: "There is no future option or opportunity, be it directly in the political arena or otherwise, that I won't be giving serious consideration if it can help save and protect our great nation."

----------

Sure Michelle. Innocent people always drop out because they're innocent!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Allen West, Todd Akin, Joe Walsh, etc.

The Teabaggers are dropping like flies as America rejects their message of anti-Americanism and hatred.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913891 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be talking about the number one gun runner for Mexican drug cartels and the person who rushed the Saudi national detained at the scene of the bombing out of the country before the Boston police could interrogate him? Would you be talking about the person who was just reently busted for illegally wire tapping journalists?
Do you really think anyone would actually believe anything Eric Holder would say?
The only sanity in Washington today is the TEA Party.
Are you daffy? Eric Holder wasn't 'busted ' for revealing that he authorized a legally attained limited warrant(from a U S federal judge) on looking at a Fox reporters phone records and e-mails. FoxNews has done it before--it has released sensitive national security secrets that have endangered the lives of U S Intelligence and military personnel.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#913892 May 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your finger out of your nose and wise up.
It was the oldest school in Moore. All other schools were built with storm shelters.
So eat your boogers and blame republicans. Both are just as disgusting.
(FYI: The housing market collapse brought down the economy you imbecile. Obama and your precious democrats spent more in three years than Bush did his entire presidency.)
You disgust me beyond words.
No, byytch.

That was your Bush who said "make that happen"

Everyone gets a loan!

Cut taxes for Billionaires!

One guy with over a thousand million dollars!

Bush/Cheney: "we are due"

Time for a big fuuuuuuccckkkkk you America!

Cut taxes for the richest,(gov help for billionaires!)

AND

BORROW OVER A TRILLION FOR WAR IN IRAQ!

hey byytch!

You dumbfffcckkks owe that money. YOU get to pay for that!

At least the Genius Obama borrows long term at 1.8% to fix YOUR GUYS FFFFFFCKKKKK UPS!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913893 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhttttt ttttttt..........
Like Holder is going to send to prison the people who gave so much money in bribes to Obama, it was only Christopher Dodd in the entire Congress they gave more money to.
That was some powerful kool ade you drank this morning. You might want to go check yourself into a clinic about now.
Wrong;it was only Romney and Ryan that Wall Street Bankers gave more political donor money to.
proud2bwhite

United States

#913894 May 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jane, yearning for the good old days when banks could discriminate.
would it be possible for you to at least try to th ink befor posting your ignorance?? Reality check.. if you want a loan for something you don't have the means to pay for its not discrimination when you get turned down its responsible lending.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#913895 May 29, 2013
are you stupid or joking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm sure all those thousands of soldiers waiting and waiting and waiting for their disability claims to go through would be so happy to stand in the line of "supporters" for just how much Obama and his administration do for them. Oh, and don't forget all those soldiers that were vics of the "work place violence" at Fort Hood. I bet they are some of Obama's biggest supporters. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!
I'm just going to post this again:

Yes I'm sure all those thousands of soldiers waiting and waiting and waiting for their disability claims to go through would be so happy to stand in the line of "supporters" for just how much Obama and his administration do for them. Oh, and don't forget all those soldiers that were vics of the "work place violence" at Fort Hood. I bet they are some of Obama's biggest supporters. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#913896 May 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>This is an amazing story in itself. I wonder who wrote the template for the survey. He is one teacher that is not a communist in Illinois. He was teaching the Constitution, and it wasn't in Chicago city proper.
It's really come down to us against them. Good for that teacher. Even if we have to resist one person at a time, we cannot allow this kind of gross infringement on our rights in the name of progressive liberalism and/or political correctness. This is the poison infiltrating our schools and affecting young people's minds. Make no mistake, it is quite intentional. It is part of the bigger agenda Obama and his corrupt Chicago radical liberals had hoped to get away with in the goal to fundamentally transform this country during his second term.

The line has been clearly drawn in the sand and we must push back.

Thankfully, even democrats are getting on board - which, to me, is the best thing that's happened to this country in a long time.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#913897 May 29, 2013
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine — Dr. Michael Ciampi took a step this spring that many of his fellow physicians would describe as radical.

The family physician stopped accepting all forms of health insurance. In early 2013, Ciampi sent a letter to his patients informing them that he would no longer accept any kind of health coverage, both private and government-sponsored. Given that he was now asking patients to pay for his services out of pocket, he posted his prices on the practice’s website.

The change took effect April 1.

“It’s been almost unanimous that patients have expressed understanding at why I’m doing what I’m doing, although I’ve had many people leave the practice because they want to be covered by insurance, which is understandable,” Ciampi said.

Before the switch, Ciampi had about 2,000 patients. He lost several hundred, he said. Some patients with health coverage, faced with having to seek reimbursement themselves rather than through his office, bristled at the paperwork burden.

But the decision to do away with insurance allows Ciampi to practice medicine the way he sees fit, he said. Insurance companies no longer dictate how much he charges. He can offer discounts to patients struggling with their medical bills. He can make house calls.

“I’m freed up to do what I think is right for the patients,” Ciampi said.“If I’m providing them a service that they value, they can pay me, and we cut the insurance out as the middleman and cut out a lot of the expense.”

Ciampi expects more doctors will follow suit. Some may choose to run “concierge practices” in which patients pay to keep a doctor on retainer, he said.

Gordon Smith, a spokesman for the Maine Medical Association, wasn’t so sure, saying most patients either want to use the insurance they pay for or need to rely on Medicare and Medicaid.

Even with the loss of some patients, Ciampi expects his practice to perform just as well financially, if not better, than before he ditched insurance. The new approach will likely attract new patients who are self-employed, lack insurance or have high-deductible plans, he said, because Ciampi has slashed his prices.

“I’ve been able to cut my prices in half because my overhead will be so much less,” he said.

Before, Ciampi charged $160 for an office visit with an existing patient facing one or more complicated health problems. Now, he charges $75.

Patients with an earache or strep throat can spend $300 at their local hospital emergency room, or promptly get an appointment at his office and pay $50, he said.

Ciampi collects payment at the end of the visit, freeing him of the time and costs associated with sending bills, he said.

That time is crucial to Ciampi. When his patients come to his office, they see him, not a physician’s assistant or a nurse practitioner, he said.

“If more doctors were able to do this, that would be real health care reform,” he said.“That’s when we’d see the cost of medicine truly go down.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Your Colonoscopy 49,844
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min mdbuilder 46,687
Abby 9-19 21 min Sublime1 5
Amy 9-19 25 min Sublime1 9
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 33 min texas pete 1,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min loose cannon 178,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min edogxxx 98,231
Amy 9-18 1 hr pde 33
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info