Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
839,041 - 839,060 of 1,096,218 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>leo's Congressman is John Boehner...she's really ashamed and embarrassed; are you?
Just a pathetic old fool ranting against her life failures and miserable condition...You never grow tired of making a fool out of yourself do you leosnana??

lily confesses her ignorance, leosnana provides it...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>That works both ways. American voters are fed up with partisan politics. The more Obama is a bipartisan politician the more Americans will see tea party partisan republicans as the problem in holding the country back from making social and economic progress and they will be booted out of office. The President's plan already worked in South Carolina with hardline tea party leader Jim DeMint chose not to run for reelection and now in Minnesota; Michelle Bachmann said that she won't run for reelection. Crazy like a Fox(Hooray for Obama!)
Your whole comment lacks reality. It is obvious you have not keeping up with current events. The Obama admin has used the full power of the government to target individuals they perceived as enemies to the Obama admin. That is the common thread in most of these scandals and as mealy mouth as most of the main stream media has been the last thing they have pushed is how fair Obama has been and his sincerity to reach across party lines. In fact most have back off reporting anything but the bare facts of what is going on.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You'll never make it as a debater if you waste all your time in these forums making repetitive judgement ikon markings rather than focusing on the issues.:-p
Pot calls kettle black
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

California voted overwhelmingly for Obama.

'Californians are just smarter consumers than the rest of the US...'- John Galt
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Holder is almost out the door. When Axelrod comes out and says he needs to resign, it is a done deal.

Axelrod knows Holder is going to continue hemorrhaging and leaving will slow down one the bleed.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an idea. How about a professional national security person like someone from the FBI or CIA instead of a f*cking nutcase wacko Tea Party idiot.
RealDave… Russia tried to inform our intelligent agencies (Professionals) they failed the Obama Culture!!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a real sexy pic of you dumbdave (though I prefer you in a lawn jockey uniform).... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DGc47_LDEyI/TZpwoh-...
Don't worry Michelle Bachmann will be bailing out due to scandal involving her illegal use of campaign funds. She won't run for reelection. Ding Dong the wicked biotch is dead! Michelle Bachmann should be sharing a cozy prison cell with 'Bubba' soon.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Holder is almost out the door. When Axelrod comes out and says he needs to resign, it is a done deal.
Axelrod knows Holder is going to continue hemorrhaging and leaving will slow down one the bleed.
When your weak debate skills fail you , you pull the race card. Holder has the Obama Administration's complete confidence. The only reason republicans want Holder to resign is because he's finally rethinking the possibility of sending Wall Street bankers who were responsible for stealing American homes and savings and wrecking the U S economy in 2007-08 in jail.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it matters because if the person making the assertion is not smart enough to know the difference between "eminent" and "imminent" then that person's opinion carries much less weight/credibility.
Does that apply to presidents who call our servicemen "corpse-men", repeatedly? I wouldn't blame someone for giving Obama a pass on this one, after all, there are far more serious flaws in his character than just the disrespect and cavalier indifference he pays to "his" men - our defenders. Now I see where he had another bout of amnesia and "forgot" to return a salute to a Marine charged with protecting him...what an a**hole.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot calls kettle black
You prove my case against you .Thanks. Keep posting.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Don't worry Michelle Bachmann will be bailing out due to scandal involving her illegal use of campaign funds. She won't run for reelection. Ding Dong the wicked biotch is dead! Michelle Bachmann should be sharing a cozy prison cell with 'Bubba' soon.
You fret about a congress person while the REAL story is those on the Left recognizes that the actions of the DoJ targeting political enemies is causing major difficulties for the Obama admin.

It shows the Obama's lemmings still following the enemy list talking points.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Has World War 3 Already Begun?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/has-world...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You prove my case against you .Thanks. Keep posting.
Your chain is too easy to yank. Yank frontporch chain and stupid comes out of his/her mouth.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should be able to point out the article and section you were referring to for a president's power for waging a conflict.
Otherwise, aren't you making up the US Constitution?
The president does NOT have the power to wage war/conflict.

The U.S. Congress DOES. Resolution H.J. Res. 114 authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States against Iraq.

Just like Congress authorized Clinton to send troops to Bosnia.
Congress also authorized Clinton, under the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, to drop bombs on Iraq for four days.

That's how it works. Like it or not.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Dumbass, I said PROFESSIONAL as in not a political appointee.
My God you are dumber than sh*t.
Like Michelle f*cking Bachmann is qualified in your mind as you defend her trip to Russia.
Ain't no cure for your brand of stupid RealDave... It really bothers you to see your dumbass shit exposed for the lies it is, eh...RealDave??

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> When your weak debate skills fail you , you pull the race card. Holder has the Obama Administration's complete confidence. The only reason republicans want Holder to resign is because he's finally rethinking the possibility of sending Wall Street bankers who were responsible for stealing American homes and savings and wrecking the U S economy in 2007-08 in jail.
Okay, your nonsense has hit the point and laugh stage.

Axelrod and other people on the LEFT are asking for the resignation of HOLDER. Holder's DoJ are neck deep in scandals and any more attempts by him to target alleged enemies of the Obama admin will only add to the fire.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghetto trash on parade, the modern Obama man.
Black folks refuse to learn to be human.
Racist.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that apply to presidents who call our servicemen "corpse-men", repeatedly? I wouldn't blame someone for giving Obama a pass on this one, after all, there are far more serious flaws in his character than just the disrespect and cavalier indifference he pays to "his" men - our defenders. Now I see where he had another bout of amnesia and "forgot" to return a salute to a Marine charged with protecting him...what an a**hole.
This from a supporter of a man who lied to invade a country that killed over 4000 of our soldiers.

The mere idea that you have a GD fit about a salute, an umbrella, or a mispronounced word while supporting a party that sent so many to die just proves what a GD idiot you are.

Barack Obama has done so much for our soldiers & their families that you, your pathetic party, or George W Bush EVER did.

My God, start a war about oil & send soldiers to it without body armor or properly armored vehicles - that is respect for our troops?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Just another doze at the office for union’s ‘scarf-&-snore’ prez
By RICH CALDER
Last Updated: 11:51 AM, May 28, 2013
Posted: 1:31 AM, May 28, 2013
Union fat cat Mark Rosenthal spends more time sleeping at his desk than organizing labor, a series of damning photos reveals.
The 400-pound president of Local 983 of District Council 37 — the city’s largest blue-collar municipal-workers union — often downs a huge meal, then drops into dreamland in the early afternoon, members of the union’s executive board told The Post.
IT'S A DREAM JOB: Mark Rosenthal, who pulls in $156,000 a year as head of Local 983 of District Council 37, nods off at his desk during one of a series of postlunch naps that have outraged members of the union’s executive board.
“He eats lunch when he arrives at work at 2 p.m. Then, like clockwork, he goes to sleep with a cup of soda on the table and the straw in it,” said Marvin Robbins, a union vice president.
“Then he wakes up, looks at his watch and says,‘I have to get out before the traffic gets bad.’ He’s usually out by 4 p.m. after being at the office two hours.”
Rosenthal is a former Parks Department employee who rose to power campaigning to rid the union of corruption in the late 1990s.
He last made embarrassing headlines in 2009, when he inspired a City Council bill requiring jumbo-size ambulances for morbidly obese patients after he had a stroke at City Hall.
Since then, he hasn’t been making much of an effort to give the city’s ambulances a break and slim down. Union officials say he racks up $1,400 in monthly food bills on the union dime.
Much of the 5-foot-7, 400-plus-pound Rosenthal’s food tabs are for catered union events and meals he writes off as “union business,” board members claim.
They say he significantly overorders at eateries like Dallas BBQ, the Stage Door Deli and Pine Restaurant in The Bronx, a hangout for local politicians, and takes the extra food back to his Bronxdale apartment.
“He’s always walking off with a doggie bag or extra boxes of food,” said another executive board member.
Rosenthal, who earns $156,000 annually, yesterday denied being a free spender— and insisted he works “12-to-14-hour days.”
He says the allegations are “part of a smear campaign” by a faction trying to get another Local 983 vice president, Joseph Puleo, elected president in a June 5 showdown.
He said it’s normal for executives to take “power naps.”
He also blamed his meetings with the sandman on the effects of pain medication he takes for backaches he has suffered since he fell through a chair at a McDonald’s last year.
“The chair broke because I’m big,” Rosenthal said.
“I’m 60 years old, so if I eat during my lunch hour and take a little medication, can’t I close my eyes?” he said outside his apartment complex.“Is it so outrageous?”
Rosenthal is also under fire from the union’s executive board for allowing lawyer Arthur Schwartz to allegedly rack up an average of $12,000 a month in union legal fees for years despite being on a $5,500 monthly retainer, board members said.
But Schwartz claims he has submitted only one monthly bill over $10,000 in 15 years representing the union and averages about $7,000 per month in fees.
he is the typical liberal democrat. Everyone should see the picture of who is representing thousands of people.
http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/uni...

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Yeah, there was no formal "declaration of war" by Congress under Johnson in the Vietnam War either.

So you can stop barking up that tree now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 176,808
Abby 8-22 7 min not a ghost 4
Amy 8-22 10 min Toj 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 68,851
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 13 min not a ghost 369
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Toj 97,829
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Chickenpoo 49,272

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••