Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
838,781 - 838,800 of 1,099,850 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913507 May 28, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You hate California, besides California is not indicative of the rest of the country(29% domestic, rest of US 44%, a simple web search will find this)
California was the very first test case on whether Obamacare was going to be a success and with the preliminary results in it looks like it was a very big SUCCESS!:-D "No doubt there will be problems, as there are with any large new government initiative, and in this case, we have the added complication that many Republican governors and legislators are doing all they can to sabotage reform. Yet important new evidence — especially from California, the law’s most important test case — suggests that the real Obamacare shock will be one of unexpected success." ... "Obamacare is a deeply conservative reform, not in a political sense (although it was originally a Republican proposal) but in terms of leaving most people’s health care unaffected. Americans who receive health insurance from their employers, Medicare or Medicaid — which is to say, the vast majority of those who have any kind of health insurance at all — will see almost no changes when the law goes into effect.

There are, however, millions of Americans who don’t receive insurance either from their employers or from government programs. They can get insurance only by buying it on their own, and many of them are effectively shut out of that market. In some states, like California, insurers reject applicants with past medical problems. In others, like New York, insurers can’t reject applicants, and must offer similar coverage regardless of personal medical history (“community rating”); unfortunately, this leads to a situation in which premiums are very high because only those with current health problems sign up, while healthy people take the risk of going uninsured.

Obamacare closes this gap with a three-part approach. First, community rating everywhere — no more exclusion based on pre-existing conditions. Second, the “mandate”— you must buy insurance even if you’re currently healthy. Third, subsidies to make insurance affordable for those with lower incomes. " Check this out: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/opinion/kru...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913508 May 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Built in Kentucky and Ohio...what's your point?
His point is that the economy under the stewardship of President Obama is starting to seriously heat up. Every one of his stocks is up from record lows under Bush to record highs under Obama. Galt finds himself in a bit of a conundrum, how to bash Obama but keep his stocks from going down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#913509 May 28, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Where have you been in a coma since March 23,2010? Check this out: http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform/health...
Nobody has been taxed yet and nobody has been forced to buy insurance against their will.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#913510 May 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You are talking in lockstep with the Obama care facists and their death panels.
Anyone who believes in "death panels" is beyond comprehending even basic facts. You are the type of person Voltaire was referring to when he said "Common sense is not so common.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#913511 May 28, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You hate California, besides California is not indicative of the rest of the country(29% domestic, rest of US 44%, a simple web search will find this)
Californians are just smarter consumers than the rest of the US, but a majority everywhere reject the crap from Detroit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913513 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The medical loss ratio is a trivial issue, a little red meat for fools like you.
And it hurts insurance company shareholders.
You are not an Insurance company. The medical loss ratio WAS a big thing to them and they drove a hard bargain on Obama to accept the individual mandate before they'd agree to the ACA.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#913514 May 28, 2013
Homer wrote:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1084425_...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#913515 May 28, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Obama is leaving behind behind a well-trained and heavily armed Afghanistan defense force whereas Bush43 just tore out of Iraq after blowing it to smithereens and removing the one major obstacle (Hussein)to the take over of the Iraqi government by Sunnis ---Iran is also a powerful Sunnis neighbor right next door.
Well, that's good. Unfortunately, for the Iraqis, they're being left to fend for themselves prematurely.

It's like someone else said:

"Whether or not you agree with the war, the American servicemen worked tirelessly and fought valiantly to rout out the terrorists and forge good relations with the people in the areas they secured. The surge worked and our soldiers were winning the peace.
President Obama pulled the US troops out of Iraq to keep a promise that he'd made to his liberal base. It was a decision that many predict will come back to bite us. This administration pulled out just before the job was finished."

Faleh Abdul-Jabbar, the director of the Baghdad-based Iraq Institute for Strategic Studies, told the BBC the US withdrawal would be "counter-productive for so many reasons," pointing to Iraq's political vacuum and its "weak army and reviving insurgency".

"Withdrawal at this point would send the wrong signals to the political class, saying that the US is withdrawing no matter what. And second, it would send the wrong signal also to the insurgency - dormant or active - that we are withdrawing no matter what, and they would see it as a retreat."

But guess that's just okey-dokey with you being part of Obama's liberal base.

Because Obama always gets his way - even if it's the wrong way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#913516 May 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah right, tell us another one
People are now looking to retire outside of the United States, I started looking while I was in my 30's. Where my house is has mass amounts of retirees from America. Their money goes much further, it is a Christian nation, thus making it safer. The cost of living and Taxes are very low and the life style is slow, meaning stress free. It is not conducive to many Americans to retire in the United States anymore. Even Union people from Illinois have set up shop in my neighborhood. I watched Detoitopia last night, I suggest you watch what happened to the liberal Utopia New Deal there, and why it happened.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913517 May 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who believes in "death panels" is beyond comprehending even basic facts. You are the type of person Voltaire was referring to when he said "Common sense is not so common.”
I like 'death panels' when they're put to good use as a deterrent on Big Banks illegal activity that nearly killed our entire economy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#913518 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The five top-selling models in California are all by Toyota and Honda.
Right, the Honda Cr-V is considered a truck-SUV.

Whatever in total by brand retail deliveries Ford ranks #3 in CA, GM #4 and Nissan #5.

The F-150 is the nations top selling vehicle.

Point is that you were wrong__to be fair I was wrong re:Chrysler.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#913519 May 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of the few nitwits that admit voting for Rmoney!!
Makes you a loser, just like him??
You being treated for Depression, like Mitt and Ann are??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mc Fly the election is over let’s focus on Real Issues!! Obama using the IRS to target his enemies Benghazi, AP now you would agree we need Answers?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#913520 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most of the criminal element in society lives in the black ghetto, you fool, and they have absolutely no regard for human life.
It takes a special kind of asshole to read what I just posted&, comeback with a response like that. Who the hell is shopping in all the AK-47s & other foreign guns that wind up in the ghettos? Yea that's right, you buttholes! The same as Reagan was doing in operation contraband. Arming both sides so eventually kill themselves off. You can't tell me nothing! I've been in both sides of the game so, my ideological philosophy is more accurate than a person who's only seen 1 side & therefore holds a blind bias. Evidenced by your ignorant response. When you refuse to educate yourself, ignorant is no different than dumb!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#913521 May 28, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I prefer a slow and steady growth, we do not need to repeat of the Bush years. My comment about buying now was more towards renters and people looking to buy as you suggest and people renting condos such as Carol.
you mean a repeat of the Clinton years...don't cha?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913522 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Californians are just smarter consumers than the rest of the US, but a majority everywhere reject the crap from Detroit.
Poor management for 20-30 odd years will do that. They, especially GM thought they were invincible, that they owned the market. They didn't change with the times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#913523 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy on Jean from Queens. She is lucky to be breathing at her age.
Sorry I had no idea--I will try to point out lies in a softer gentler way:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913524 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
'Californians', so you admit you do not live in CA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913525 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
http://www.thecarconnection.co m/news/1084158_toyota-class-ac tion-lawsuit-decision-coming-1 -6-billion-hangs-in-balance

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#913526 May 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has been taxed yet and nobody has been forced to buy insurance against their will.
And they never will be. People who already have insurance won't pay any tax at all.They already pay a tax to their insurance provider for the service. The ACA only involves the smaller minority who chose not to buy insurance--those people won't get a free ride anymore --they 'll have to contribute to the higher costs of 30 million more people being allowed to buy insurance who were previously denied that right.(a right the rest of us take for granted)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#913527 May 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>you mean a repeat of the Clinton years...don't cha?
Would love a repeat of the Clinton years - 8 years of peace and prosperity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,941
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 24 min Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 32 min minluo 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min danetoo 68,346
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000