Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460232 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#914231 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, where can I get some of that kool aid?
Speaking of kool aid;
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats won't turn out. It's obvious Obama is a fraud and just a cardboard cutout commercial to make it look like someone's actually president. Democrats are embarrassed by Obama, and that has an effect on their motivation to turn out like they did in 08. Romney takes Ohio by at least 5 points.
... game over.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#914232 May 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Try keeping your Stupid Question limit to 20 per day.
You are wasting precious resources.
Good thing you don't have a limit on stupid questions son.

Otherwise you'd have nothing to say at all!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#914233 May 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You know dk about how the stock market, alright.
Good thing you can make a claim to know more with nothing more than vacuum!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#914234 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The only right-wing radicals I see here are you clowns that ludicrously label yourself as "liberal" and "progressive" while promoting unthinking machievellian medieval authoritarian government domination and cause everything you touch to regress.
Just why do you call yourself a "liberal"?... other than you've been told to do so.
lol! Boy, you sure are mixed up!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#914235 May 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
U.S. senators of both parties directed outrage at top IRS officials over not being informed earlier as to the tax agency’s work to target conservatives and demanded answers Tuesday as to why action was not taken more quickly to halt the abuses.
Senators voiced their dismay at the IRS leadership’s efforts to respond to indications that officials in the agency’s Cincinnati office had singled out conservative and Tea Party advocacy that had applied for tax-exempt status.
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont. demanded to know,“Why wasn't more firm action taken by people, either the commissioner himself or by people at the top? It's outrageous. Any person can figure out this is unacceptable conduct.”
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/21...
Democratic Senators are going to be even more outraged when they find out today's headlines - it wasn't just limited to Cincinnati but letters were sent to top officials in this administration about the IRS scandal.
Of course, Senator Baucus is wrong about one thing. Anyone but the liberals on here can figure out this is unacceptable behavior.
Still...it's a great day for America.
Copy & paste all the nonsense you want. As I've said before,"nothing will become of the witch hunt. His name is" Barack Hussein Obama, Teflon Don." 2014 democrats will maintain control of the senate & take control of the house. If you don't like Obama now, wait until the mid term elections conclude. Pull as many witch hunting scandals as you wish, you republicans won't be able to obstruct his plans his last 2yrs, & Hillary will just pick up where he left off in 2016. You don't see Obama sweating. He's still campaigning, fund raising, & pushing his agenda. Oh yea, you can call Eric Holder the under boss. Won't a damn thing happen to him either, just like nothing happen to Hillary on her benghazi testimony! Keep wishing apon a star!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#914236 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
“In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material -- this is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy,” Eric Holder, testimony under oath before Congress, 15 May.
Holder personally approved a search warrant that labeled Fox News chief Washington correspondent James Rosen a co-conspirator in a national security leaks case.
If you lied to Congress like that, you'd go to Leavenworth for a couple of years.
Why not put Eric Holder in Leavenworth?
like lying to Congress about Saddam having WMD's??

gee I hadn't realized the entire Bush administration had relocated to Leavenworth

Location hidden

#914237 May 29, 2013
Fenris the Big Candyass wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes w/o saying you are retarded, lady!!
Do you still think Polaris USA is headquartered in Canada? Do you still think Mitt & Ann Romney dont have any money? Does your stanky vagina still function as a mantrap?
The sockpuppet who for years showed up as from Tempe, AZ is now hiding behind a DSL line in LA!! Too funny.

I enjoyed your lies concerning that one!!

So much for his lies and stupidity.

You're proof that 99 percent of Teabaggers give the rest a bad name.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#914238 May 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuk is a she
really? Nuclear Option is a woman? but, "she" reeks of testosterone and brags about her man boobs. who knew?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#914239 May 29, 2013
Homer wrote:
The Pakistani Taliban's deputy commander was believed killed in a U.S. drone strike along Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, according to Pakistani and U.S. officials.
http://news.yahoo.com/pakistani-talibans-numb...
Keep up the good work Mr. President.
Probably a power play inside the Taliban. There, they don't vote you out. They just kill you. Looks like Obama is nothing more than muscle to settle internal political squabbles within the terrorists' political disputes.
Now, there's a president with integrity.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#914240 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
“In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material -- this is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy,” Eric Holder, testimony under oath before Congress, 15 May.
Holder personally approved a search warrant that labeled Fox News chief Washington correspondent James Rosen a co-conspirator in a national security leaks case.
If you lied to Congress like that, you'd go to Leavenworth for a couple of years.
Why not put Eric Holder in Leavenworth?
IT took three judges before Holder could find one to after Rosen. The first two said NO. Can you imagine? and yet Holder continued to Judge shop.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#914241 May 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems more and more democrats are becoming distraught that they voted for him than the rest of us who knew it was a mistake from the beginning.
You ARE reading up on current events?
Democrats are helping republicans repeal parts of Obamacare.
Democrats are leading the charge getting the truth about a coverup.
Democrats are turning against this president for the first time.
Democrats are asking the same questions as republicans.
Amazing what you can learn if you pop that bubble of denial and pay attention.
Your hatred for the black man in the white house has your logic__or maybe it's the insulin.

Whatever__you're batsht crazy. Post with American Lady and Shinyerection, they're one in the same and just like you high voltage racists.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#914242 May 29, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You know dk about how the stock market is affected by the global markets-sell offs, you think it's all about Ben.
The DOW will reach +/- 15,750 between late June and mid July then level off for several months to a year unless some crazy sht breaks out due to Syria. Crazy sht like Israel becoming involved in a major way.
Or the government stops counterfeiting money....
Jane Says

New York, NY

#914243 May 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Opposition to excessive taxation is completely unrelated to illegal tax avoidance.
Opposition to excessive taxation is an educational function and not partisan politics...unless, of course, one party is founded on taxing the crap out of the citizens to support a bunch of moochers.
great, concise summary of Obama's economic plans in the name of "fairness."

i'd still love to see Moochelle divide up the cost of one of her or her daughters many expensive vacations and redistribute it to takers in the name of "fairness."

Location hidden

#914245 May 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't claim to be in the Bible son.
bushie boy did!
"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the president." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

----------

But wait, there's more!!

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

There's no question about it. Wall Street got drunk -- that's one of the reasons I asked you to turn off the TV cameras -- it got drunk and now it's got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments." --George W. Bush, speaking at a private fundraiser, Houston, Texas, July 18, 2008

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

----------

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#914246 May 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Boy, you sure are mixed up!
Just why do you call yourself a "liberal"?... other than you've been told to do so.
Tell us about how you're putting into effect some liberal philosophy.
Oh, yeah, I know. It's liberal to take away the right of the people to buy a Big Gulp.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#914247 May 29, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jason, even when you use CAPS you can't spell common words.
Let us know when it reaches the point it did for Alberto Gonzales, who was forced to resign after firing US Attorneys for purely political reasons.
"By mid-September 2007, nine of the highest-level officers of the Department of Justice associated with the controversy had resigned, most prominently, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismissal_of_U.S...
Ya wanna talk scandals, bring it on, you little nitwit. Bush had more than any President. From illegal wars to spying on his opponents. Nixon redux.
lily, lesonana, Nuk -whoever you are at the moment LOSS is used correctly!

None of your "look over there" nonsense changes the fact that Holder either lied to Congress or the Court. Try to concentrate. You flights of fantasy are dysfunctional
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#914249 May 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing you don't have a limit on stupid questions son.
Otherwise you'd have nothing to say at all!
Yeah does junior high "I am rubber and you are glue" routine again.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#914250 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's rotting dead meat in the Republican Party, that's for sure.
You're smelling the work of the t-p son.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#914251 May 29, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, maybe you should watch Jon Stewart sometime, lately he's been slamming President Obama, particularly his drone strike policy...
something you would never see Fox do, slam a conservative
Not true. Christie has taken a few hits, understandably, after his budding bromance with Obama.

And more Republicans have been forced to step down by other Republicans than Democrats even after minor scandals.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#914252 May 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about how you're putting into effect some liberal philosophy.
Oh, yeah, I know. It's liberal to take away the right of the people to buy a Big Gulp.
Actually son, you do.

It's easier for you that way to make your case... no thinking involved!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Boris 104,555
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Got a Woody - Allan 62,355
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 49 min Always hopeful 7,957
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,243
God is a Trump sucker after all!!! 2 hr kyman 2
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr kyman 2
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 2 hr kyman 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages