Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#912992 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you call an enemy flying jets into New York's tallest buildings and the Pentagon and passengers plowing their jet into the ground to keep it from flying into our Capital?
Please. Tell me. I'm dying to know.
A Republican screw up Sadly.
If this had occurred under President Obama you would be on it day and night
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#912993 May 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals call it work place violence.
Actually, in this case, I call it the president not being prepared to protect Americans.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#912994 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I made it his fault? bushie boy's answer to Matt Lauer on Katrina:
"...Mr. Bush ruefully acknowledged that he mishandled the Hurricane Katrina crisis, even writing a new script for his first trip to the disaster area.“I should have touched down in Baton Rouge, met with the governor, and, you know, walked out and said,‘I hear you,’” he said.“And then got back on a flight up to Washington. I did not do that. And paid a price for it.”..."
I should have 'showed face.'
Well, he didn't care. Or, perhaps he was just too busy flying around the country.
It's the Obama snakeoil.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#912995 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can't rebut an opinion son. An opinion is personal and has nothing to do with facts.
It's the Obama snakeoil.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#912996 May 27, 2013
JanBrewerShrivelledUpHo wrote:
That shrivelledupoldho Jan Brewer thought she could mouth off to big pimpin Obama, so he smacked her so hard her teeth rattled.
Now she supports Obamacare:
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/j...
That'll teach that old white racist b!%@#. Now she knows to respect da pimp and give service with a smile.
It's the Obama snakeoil.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#912997 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't believe I need to verify and support your position.
I think you need to do that.
Why you demand other people should do your work for you is ridiculous and runs counter what cons claim to be... independent. But don't worry. You're not the first to make these demands.
It's the Obama snakeoil.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#912998 May 27, 2013
JanBrewerShrivelledUpHo wrote:
Chris "Chuckles" Christie is for Obamacare now too!
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/chris-c...
Obama got his new b!%@# Jan Brewer to "convince" him. Trust me, you do not want to see the video!
It's the Obama snakeoil.
proud2bwhite

Addison, IL

#912999 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can't rebut an opinion son. An opinion is personal and has nothing to do with facts.
exelent point. Now if we could only get the libs to understand the difference.
Hulabama

Lakewood, NJ

#913000 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I call it an attack.
What do you call it?
I call it Hawaiian snakeoil.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913001 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This is bullsht__you're not worth my time. GFY
Awww, I told you when the embassy re-open and your real stumpier of a silly question went all gone. Your response is childish.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#913002 May 27, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
And you blame Obama for everything under the sun.
Bakersfield, nuc? Sorry 'bout your luck.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#913003 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This is bullsht__you're not worth my time. GFY
Translation: "I got nothing"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#913004 May 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Bush43 's counter-insurgency 'surge' was supposed to rid Iraq of the Islamist insurgency, but VP Joe Biden correctly criticized the surge as doomed to fail because Bush43 did not consider strengthening the underlying preconditions needed for all parties in the conflict--Sunnis , Shiites, and Kurds to agree on a national Constitution.
You're not going to link to those 2 "acts" you mentioned, are you? LMAO!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#913005 May 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>I recognize a cherry-picking nitwit when I see one. Sorry, if my candor upsets your inflated view of yourself as the Queen Hen of all things considered wrong and wrongheaded.
It's one thing to be wrong through no fault of your own. It's another thing to remain willfully ignorant despite being shown documented factual evidence proving you so.

That sounds like a personal problem to me.

Please leave me out of it.

Orlando, FL

#913006 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I call it an attack.
What do you call it?
I call it what the enemy calls it. They called it war.

Orlando, FL

#913007 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't believe I need to verify and support your position.
I think you need to do that.
Why you demand other people should do your work for you is ridiculous and runs counter what cons claim to be... independent. But don't worry. You're not the first to make these demands.
It's a simple left click of your mouse. The evidence is there just for the taking.

You have to make the effort on your own.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#913008 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I call it what the enemy calls it. They called it war.
That's not how the US government works.

Again, you're free with your opinions even if it isn't factually correct.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#913010 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a simple left click of your mouse. The evidence is there just for the taking.
Why do I need to make the effort to support your claim son?

Does it work in reverse for others?

Or only for those who support conservative causes?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#913011 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So... you call it war because you're lazy?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913012 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
http://intellihub.com/2013/05/08/dick-cheney-...
"Dick Cheney Admits That He Lied About 9/11
Print Friendly
Cheney pretended that Bush had authorized a shoot-down order, but Cheney now admits that he never did. In fact, Cheney acted as if he was the president on 9/11.
Dick Cheney
May 8, 2013
The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd writes:
In a documentary soon to appear on Showtime,“The World According to Dick Cheney,”[Cheney said]“I got on the telephone with the president, who was in Florida, and told him not to be at one location where we could both be taken out.” Mr. Cheney kept W. flying aimlessly in the air on 9/11 while he and Lynn left on a helicopter for a secure undisclosed location, leaving Washington in a bleak, scared silence, with no one reassuring the nation in those first terrifying hours.
“I gave the instructions that we’d authorize our pilots to take it out,” he says, referring to the jet headed to Washington that crashed in a Pennsylvania field. He adds:“After I’d given the order, it was pretty quiet. Everybody had heard it, and it was obviously a significant moment.”
When they testified together before the 9/11 Commission, W. and Mr. Cheney kept up a pretense that in a previous call, the president had authorized the vice president to give a shoot-down order if needed. But the commission found “no documentary evidence for this call.”
In other words, Cheney pretended that Bush had authorized a shoot-down order, but Cheney now admits that he never did. In fact, Cheney acted as if he was the president on 9/11."
According to the report. Chenney and his wife was moved down several flights of stairs to a tunnel deep under the White House.
"Halfway down the tunnel was a secure telephone, a bench and a television. Cheney asked to speak to the president. By the time the call was connected, according to the report, Cheney had flipped on a television to see smoke pouring out of the Pentagon."

Cheney remembered talking to the president and getting approval for the order. What difference did it make if it occurred in the tunnel which is documented or in the command room?

Also, so what if there was an order? By the time it reached Rumsfield all the attacks had already occurred.

Your article seems short on facts and long on opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago: Urine Trouble: How Can the CTA Keep It... 9 min BigjigsDigUrine 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,053
Amy - 9-29-2014 30 min Mister Tonka 33
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min Eric 69,537
Rattlesnake Logic 38 min LogicThatBITES 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min Cali Girl 2014 50,053
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,612
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr door left open wa... 98,367

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]