Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#913075 May 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
After re-reading your post I see you are long on BS.
The consulate was first attacked not the annex. If you are attempting to make the annex the cause of the consulate attack, you have no support for your claim. The annex was NOT attacked until consulate personnel was moved to it.
The protestors were chanting the name of a man killed in a drone attack and this was the source of their anger.
PROVIDE proof that the consulate was attacked due to the annex. Without it you are obfuscating.
But, NONE of this makes SQUAT of a difference as the rising terrorism in the region should have sent up red flags. These were ignored by the State Dept. And nothing you have posted changed this.
I earlier caught sight of the mealy-mouthed Jerk-In-Chief making remarks about Memorial Day and I immediately felt like throwing my shoe at the TV. That bas turd Community Organizer holds nothing but contempt for our military personnel. It's like watching Al Capone sing the National Anthem at a Cubs game.

God help us all.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#913076 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or perhaps the Arab League members who are in shock and dismay are far from the fighting and just offering their two cents worth.
These rebels/freedom fighters are doing some real damage, far more damage than others in recent memory. These fighters aren't fooling around, they're blowing a lotta shyte up. These cats aren't AQ or Muslim Brotherhood__there is something else going on here.
This post #316100 appeared on this thread in March 2011, well before the Benghazi incident__it and many other interesting posts by Carol, Tenzing and others can be found from page 14996 going forward.

We were thinking that the something else going on was CIA.

We were right!

Carol forgot.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#913077 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Landing a president in the middle of New Orleans with all the rioting and looting wouldn't have helped those in need of rescue and would have created an even more dangerous distraction.
Sometimes you just have to have perspective and think of the outcome being even worse than the way things might seem based on bias and a photograph.
Landing *THIS* president in the middle of New Orleans with all the rioting and looting would have helped us greatly.

Tell 'em it's the 59th State he forgot to campaign in.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#913078 May 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Explains why he takes it so personal when I take no quarter from him.
Realtime is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913079 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm waiting for the persons name, where is it?
Benghazi the Definitive is a fkn joke written by a couple of enlisted personnel who were probably OK soldiers but have become lousy historians and writers.
Brandon Webb has a wiki page, Jack Murphy is sort of lean on history. You liked what you read__that's on you.
The term "progressive" shows a lack of intellect on your part.
Me and Nuk are not a team.
When did the CIA first reappear in Libya?
You keep ranting about an annex thinking it will divert attention from the lack of security at the consulate. It does not. NO ONE but you two sillies -NUK and you- seem to think this somehow makes it okay not to provide inadequate security. You are obfuscating. I am not playing the game.

Progressives is a political movement and I find your claim to the contrary ludicrous. Good grief there is a progressive liberal caucus in Congress. Now that was a lame and childish comeback in a string of such from you.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#913080 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This post #316100 appeared on this thread in March 2011, well before the Benghazi incident__it and many other interesting posts by Carol, Tenzing and others can be found from page 14996 going forward.
We were thinking that the something else going on was CIA.
We were right!
Carol forgot.
LMFAO... You never grow tired of making an idiot out of yourself do you Realtime?

It's the culture...
Florida

Seminole, FL

#913081 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This post #316100 appeared on this thread in March 2011, well before the Benghazi incident__it and many other interesting posts by Carol, Tenzing and others can be found from page 14996 going forward.
We were thinking that the something else going on was CIA.
We were right!
Carol forgot.
Admit Realtime - Obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and Carney are all liars. Admit it you balless piece of shit... Or do what they do best you fool LIE about Benghazi, you idiot.

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913082 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This post #316100 appeared on this thread in March 2011, well before the Benghazi incident__it and many other interesting posts by Carol, Tenzing and others can be found from page 14996 going forward.
We were thinking that the something else going on was CIA.
We were right!
Carol forgot.
You still have NOTHING documented to support your claim that if it wasn't for the annex the consulate would NOT have been attacked.
Yes the terrorist has been attacking Benghazi for a long time. They had a camp just outside of the town at an abonned military compound until the locals raised up after Benghazi and kicked them out.
I know you tried a lame childish dismissal of the following list when posted, but I post it again as it blows a giant size hole in your claims.

It is too long so I will post it in another post.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913083 May 27, 2013
" According to Jack Murphy and Brandon Webb in "Benghazi: The Definitive Report," the Regional Security Office in Tripoli "compiled a list of 234 security incidents in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012, 50 of which took place in Benghazi."[19]:30
In April 2012, two former security guards for the consulate threw a homemade "fish bomb" IED over the consulate fence; the incident did not cause any casualties.[20] Just 4 days later, a similar bomb was thrown at a four vehicle convoy carrying the United Nations Special Envoy to Libya, exploding just 12 feet from the UN envoy’s vehicle without injuring anyone.[21]
In May 2012 an Al-Qaida affiliate calling itself the Imprisoned Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades claimed responsibility for an attack on the International Red Cross (ICRC) office in Benghazi. On August 6 the ICRC suspended operations in Benghazi. The head of the ICRC's delegation in Libya said the aid group was "appalled" by the attack and "extremely concerned" about escalating violence in Libya.[22]
The Imprisoned Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades released a video of what it said was its detonation of an explosive device outside the gates of the U.S. consulate on June 5, which caused no casualties but damaged the consulate's perimeter wall,[23][24] described by one individual as "big enough for forty men to go through."[18] The Brigades claimed that the attack was in response to the killing of Abu Yahya al Libi, a Libyan al-Qaeda leader who had just died in an American drone attack, and was also timed to coincide with the imminent arrival of a U.S. diplomat.[25][26] There were no injuries, but the group left behind leaflets promising more attacks against the U.S.[27]
British ambassador to Libya Dominic Asquith survived an assassination attempt in Benghazi on June 10. Two British protection officers were injured in the attack when their convoy was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade 300 yards from their consulate office.[28] The British Foreign Office withdrew all consular staff from Benghazi in late June.[29][30][31]
On June 18, 2012, the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi was stormed by individuals affiliated with Ansar Al-Sharia Libya, allegedly because of "attacks by Tunisian artists against Islam."[19]:31
On the day of the attack:
Al Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri declared that al Libi's death still needed to be avenged.[32]
In Egypt, 2000 Salafist activists protested against the film "Innocence of Muslims" at 5pm EET (11am EDT) at the US embassy in Cairo.[33]
President Obama was attending a 9/11 ceremony in the morning, and in the afternoon he visited with wounded veterans at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for two-and-a-half hours about the time the Benghazi attack began.[34]
Two consulate security guards spotted a man in a Libyan police uniform taking pictures of the consulate with his cell phone from a nearby building that was under construction. The security guards briefly detained the man before releasing him. He drove away in a police car and a complaint was made to the Libyan police station. Sean Smith noticed this surveillance, posting on the internet "assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures."[19]:34

Where on this list do you see anything about the annex or the CIA?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#913084 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there USAsince1680. Glad to see you're still around.
Yep. When bushie was in charge, it was an accepted fact of life.... wasn't worth mentioning much under that regime.
So it would appear there are separate sets of rules regarding embassies depending on what party is in power! And apparently the only ones who can make the rules are the cons!
You're so full of stuff, your eyes are brown, Yeahoo. If it was an 'accepted fact of life', it would have been above the fold in the NYT for eight years. Get over yourself, and hit the sack with Barack Hussein Obama, since you like to kiss his behind, every chance you get... Give it a rest.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#913085 May 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
" According to Jack Murphy and Brandon Webb in "Benghazi: The Definitive Report," the Regional Security Office in Tripoli "compiled a list of 234 security incidents in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012, 50 of which took place in Benghazi."[19]:30
In April 2012, two former security guards for the consulate threw a homemade "fish bomb" IED over the consulate fence; the incident did not cause any casualties.[20] Just 4 days later, a similar bomb was thrown at a four vehicle convoy carrying the United Nations Special Envoy to Libya, exploding just 12 feet from the UN envoy’s vehicle without injuring anyone.[21]
In May 2012 an Al-Qaida affiliate calling itself the Imprisoned Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades claimed responsibility for an attack on the International Red Cross (ICRC) office in Benghazi. On August 6 the ICRC suspended operations in Benghazi. The head of the ICRC's delegation in Libya said the aid group was "appalled" by the attack and "extremely concerned" about escalating violence in Libya.[22]
The Imprisoned Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades released a video of what it said was its detonation of an explosive device outside the gates of the U.S. consulate on June 5, which caused no casualties but damaged the consulate's perimeter wall,[23][24] described by one individual as "big enough for forty men to go through."[18] The Brigades claimed that the attack was in response to the killing of Abu Yahya al Libi, a Libyan al-Qaeda leader who had just died in an American drone attack, and was also timed to coincide with the imminent arrival of a U.S. diplomat.[25][26] There were no injuries, but the group left behind leaflets promising more attacks against the U.S.[27]
British ambassador to Libya Dominic Asquith survived an assassination attempt in Benghazi on June 10. Two British protection officers were injured in the attack when their convoy was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade 300 yards from their consulate office.[28] The British Foreign Office withdrew all consular staff from Benghazi in late June.[29][30][31]
On June 18, 2012, the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi was stormed by individuals affiliated with Ansar Al-Sharia Libya, allegedly because of "attacks by Tunisian artists against Islam."[19]:31
On the day of the attack:
Al Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri declared that al Libi's death still needed to be avenged.[32]
In Egypt, 2000 Salafist activists protested against the film "Innocence of Muslims" at 5pm EET (11am EDT) at the US embassy in Cairo.[33]
President Obama was attending a 9/11 ceremony in the morning, and in the afternoon he visited with wounded veterans at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for two-and-a-half hours about the time the Benghazi attack began.[34]
Two consulate security guards spotted a man in a Libyan police uniform taking pictures of the consulate with his cell phone from a nearby building that was under construction. The security guards briefly detained the man before releasing him. He drove away in a police car and a complaint was made to the Libyan police station. Sean Smith noticed this surveillance, posting on the internet "assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures."[19]:34
Where on this list do you see anything about the annex or the CIA?
That's bullshit from two goofballs trying to make a buck here and there. I can't take you seriously if you put up that sht.

The Benghazi Consulate provided diplomatic cover for the nearby CIA that we know__my question is very simple__when did the CIA begin operating in Eastern Libya? Obviously it was before Gaddafi was killed and long before the Benghazi uprising.

When was it?

Gaddafi died in late October 2011 btw.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#913087 May 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro's legacy will be one of failure. From Fast n Furious to Obamacare to Benghazi to Political Evils, Moral and Ethical lapses within his Administration, the Boy Messiah is quick becoming the historical image of how Americans can screw themselves.
It’s like O'bama's living in a bunker during the last days of his administration.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#913088 May 27, 2013
Obama: Our Veterans Sacrificed To Make America ‘More Fair’


That would depend on what your definition of fair is. To O'bama fair is some lazy person sitting at home getting a check and not doing anything to contribute other than voting liberal. To conservatives fair is personal responsibility, a small government that doesn’t control our lives, and the chance to make it by your own blood, sweat, and tears. Taking care of the poor and lazy should be the job of charities and not some wasteful bureaucracy. This idiot has no clue what freedom or sacrifice is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I am sickened and disgusted by this president. I am sure most of us have lost or family and loved ones in a war-I don't blame anyone if they don't want to watch this disgusting display of ignorance.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#913089 May 27, 2013
SHINNING-THE ONLY "RIGHT WING RACIST NAZIS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE THE LEFT WING REFUGEES FLEEING THEIR OWN DELUSIONS THAT THE 3RD WORLD DICTATORS HAVE BEEN FEEDING THEM-SINCE ONLY THEY KNOW WHAT REAL FREEDOM IS -BUT DON'T ACTULLY WANT TO LIVE IN IT?UGH!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#913090 May 27, 2013
AS LONG AS THE BRAINWASHED LEFT IMPOSES THEIR SOCIALIST/COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP PHILOSOPHY ON EVERYONE ELSE "WE" CAN ALL FINALLY RECOGNIZE THE WONDERS OF A REAL COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#913091 May 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshit from two goofballs trying to make a buck here and there. I can't take you seriously if you put up that sht.
The Benghazi Consulate provided diplomatic cover for the nearby CIA that we know__my question is very simple__when did the CIA begin operating in Eastern Libya? Obviously it was before Gaddafi was killed and long before the Benghazi uprising.
When was it?
Gaddafi died in late October 2011 btw.
Your question has been answered by me earlier in this thread before I realized this was nothing more than a smoke screen which has SQUAT to do with 9/11/12.

Obviously? Really? That is nonsense. There is nothing you can point to that proves the annex was there while Gaddafi was still in power. Again what is your point?

Again this is a smoke screen that has nothing to do with the lack of security at the Benghazi consulate.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#913092 May 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question has been answered by me earlier in this thread before I realized this was nothing more than a smoke screen which has SQUAT to do with 9/11/12.
Obviously? Really? That is nonsense. There is nothing you can point to that proves the annex was there while Gaddafi was still in power. Again what is your point?
Again this is a smoke screen that has nothing to do with the lack of security at the Benghazi consulate.
If you talk to a Progressive about high crime, violence and incarceration rates among blacks, they'll talk about Slavery of 200+ years ago.....

If you point to the failings of JFK both morally, ethically and politically, they'll reply with the mysterious shot from the grassy knoll in Dallas....

If you talk about the illegal Mexicans pouring across our border nearly unhindered, they reply with the racist attitudes of white Americans and then begin Bush-Bashing...

If you talk about the introduction of the Socialist State by the Magic negro, they'll return with gobbledygook about Citizens United, the Corrupt Roberts Court and the Evil Capitalists running WalMart....

If you talk about the fatal ineptness of Eric Racist Holder and the Magic Negro, they'll start Bush-Bashing and bring up Reagan, Nixon and the price of donuts in New Zealand....

If you talk about the deadly incompetence of the Boy Messiah and his lying suckazzes in Benghazi, they'll reply with something about an annex, the CIA, Bush-Bash and then pull the Race Card....

Progressives practice 3D: Denial, Diversion and Deceit.

But, funny as it may be, they apply these tactics to themselves along with the rest of the world. The truly effective liar is the one who lies to himself - and succeeds.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#913093 May 27, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Playing stupid and ignorant isn't working for Obama, why do you think it will work for you?
The economy still sucks, unemployment is still high, terrorists are becoming bolder, the government is scandal-ridden, and Obama is responsible.
The Obama bin Lying administration "I know nothing" is more terrible than watching Obama's "I know nothing" in action you idiot...
It's the culture...
LOL. It's funny when you clsim "Obama is responsible" yet claim Bush had nothing to do with the FACT that, by the end of his term, the economy sucked, unemployoment was on the rise, terrorists was NEVER bolder and the government was scandal-ridden. Talk about someone who knows nothing. I suggest you look in the mirror instead of resorting to name calling because you have nothing to offer in the way of intelligent rebuke.

Republican mantra: Do as we say, not as we do.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#913094 May 27, 2013
Thousands of U.S. veterans are in a battle with the Department of Veterans Affairs over their long-overdue benefit checks.

Some believe the changes that need to be made at the VA will only happen if pressure comes from the very top.

Obama said on Memorial Day not to take American troops for granted.

However, not moving things along fast enough to get veterans their long overdue benefits, it looks like he does.

Don't know whose fault it is, but something is very wrong here.

Any veterans on here know if anything like this has ever happened before?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#913095 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Thousands of U.S. veterans are in a battle with the Department of Veterans Affairs over their long-overdue benefit checks.
Some believe the changes that need to be made at the VA will only happen if pressure comes from the very top.
Obama said on Memorial Day not to take American troops for granted.
However, not moving things along fast enough to get veterans their long overdue benefits, it looks like he does.
Don't know whose fault it is, but something is very wrong here.
Any veterans on here know if anything like this has ever happened before?
This pre date 4 presidential terms, or did you just conveniently overlook that fact

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Scrutiny 187,835
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min mdbuilder 53,044
News Obama and his Library-to-Be 23 min Whiny larry 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min TRD 69,801
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 6 hr jorgeleone 1
College Scandals 16 hr music 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]