Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
837,821 - 837,840 of 1,083,049 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912419
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"SAN FRANCISCO The star performer during and after October's killer earthquake here was the Bay Area Rapid Transit's 71.5-mile automated rail system. Riders in a BART train passing through the system's 3.6-mile tube under San Francisco Bay, at the moment the 7.1 Richter scale quake struck, felt scarcely a tremor.
BART engineers, armed with spotlights and flashlights, checked every structure on the system. The damage they discovered, on a system consciously designed to withstand an earthquake as massive as San Francisco's legendary 1906 upheaval, was largely cosmetic. The seismic joint at the Oakland end of the trans-bay tube had shifted three-quarters of an inch - a fraction of its four-inch design tolerance." Check this out: http://articles.philly.com/1990-01-15/news/25...
Once again, where do you set your themostat in winter? In summer?

PS: Los Angeles has subways and other mass transit.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912420
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar power is viable only in the southwestern US.
Wind power is viable in relatively limited areas.
Neither are reliable and both require redundant fossil or nuclear power.
Power cannot be stored in great quantities nor transmitted over long distances.
But if America wants to sit at home and freeze in the dark, so be it.
Renewables are only a stopgap measure. A supplement. They can never replace mainstream energy sources and never will. But they warm the cockles of innocent, child-like Liberals and are powerful political tools for monsters like the Magic Negro.

Renewables cannot stand on their own and can only exist inside of ANY marketplace with the use of subsidies. This is where the hanky-panky comes in. NY Times headlines might say "Solar Is Now Cheaper Than Coal" and little Liberals squeak and jump for joy.
But, being heavily subsidized, those little Liberals already paid for that Solar hidden in their paychecks, grocery bills, utility bills, Income Tax and, knowing the thieving bas turd in the WH, probably inside of Obamacare, too.

This shell-game of cheap renewables is a vicious one, too, because the Magic Negro buys off people inside the industry and so he has legions of demons within. GM sucks the Magic Negro and the Magic Negro now has GM clamoring for more Solar. Power comes in two forms here: Energy and Politics. The Magic Negro wants both. The gates of Hell are swinging wildly lately.

There are three ways toward an energy solution: 1.) Produce more Energy 2.) Use less Energy 3.) Both

We can make a cellphone that uses just enough energy to keep the user from getting brain cancer and make cell-tower technology more sensitive to weak signals but there are lower limits here.

We still can't run a loaded subway train from 2-volt sunbeams and we'll never be hydraulically stamping out steel or forging car engine blocks from a Windmill. Ain't gonna happen.

We need game-changing research into Energy - what it is, how to get it and do it cleanly. So far, we're just feeding the Magic Negro's friends.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912421
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>

You are making claims without any links to back them up. Does NY have "efficient urban designs"? What IS "efficient urban designs".
Vague, gray area statements don't mean much here.
No,'efficient urban design' is a common enough term in the construction trades and if you were at all experienced in the field then you'd easily recognize its meaning. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912422
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Is this from your fantasy science fiction book that you've been hiding under your mattress since the 8th grade? You expect us to give you a pass on your gobbledygook rhetorical bunkum without links or logical argumentation. Proof -positive that conservative tea party kooks don't like no stinking facts.
We understand that simple physics is "gobbledygook rhetorical bunkum" to the likes of you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912423
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
better yet, use LA as a model for mass transit. Oh yeah, its non existent, because in the 20s & 30s big oil and automotive companies brought up all the mass transit commuter trains and dismantled them. The goal, make LA dependent on oil and cars
Hey! This almost sounds like Bush-Bashing.

When you spill milk, do you cry over it?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912424
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT PORK?
please cite what was funded and the amount that you considered pork in the Sandy relief act.
I'm guessing you are just repeating what your programmers at Fox news told you to say and don't have a clue as to what the relief act funded
POLLY WANT A CRACKER
HAHAHAHAHAHA...and WTH is THIS ranting Liberal talking about?

Place a bag over your head and breath as hard and as fast as you can, Dood.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912427
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Is this from your fantasy science fiction book that you've been hiding under your mattress since the 8th grade? You expect us to give you a pass on your gobbledygook rhetorical bunkum without links or logical argumentation. Proof -positive that conservative tea party kooks don't like no stinking facts.
The links in my above post are just as valid as the links in your post.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912430
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"SAN FRANCISCO The star performer during and after October's killer earthquake here was the Bay Area Rapid Transit's 71.5-mile automated rail system. Riders in a BART train passing through the system's 3.6-mile tube under San Francisco Bay, at the moment the 7.1 Richter scale quake struck, felt scarcely a tremor.
BART engineers, armed with spotlights and flashlights, checked every structure on the system. The damage they discovered, on a system consciously designed to withstand an earthquake as massive as San Francisco's legendary 1906 upheaval, was largely cosmetic. The seismic joint at the Oakland end of the trans-bay tube had shifted three-quarters of an inch - a fraction of its four-inch design tolerance." Check this out: http://articles.philly.com/1990-01-15/news/25...
A study dated September 14, 2010 shows that along with some Bay Area freeways, some of BART's overhead structures could be extensively damaged and potentially collapse in the event of a major earthquake, which is highly likely to happen in the Bay Area within the next thirty years. But that's fine, liberals can take their chances.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912431
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>No,'efficient urban design' is a common enough term in the construction trades and if you were at all experienced in the field then you'd easily recognize its meaning. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OK, Little Miss Pollyanna.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912432
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, trayvon was a homicidal thug in the making. That comment by odumbo ("if I had a son...") may have been the dumbest comment I've ever heard a politician make.
The Jerk-In-Chief could have just as stupidly said "If I had a son, he would ACT just like Trayvon".

Then, I would believe the azzhole for the very first time.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912433
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Renewables are only a stopgap measure. A supplement. They can never replace mainstream energy sources and never will. But they warm the cockles of innocent, child-like Liberals and are powerful political tools for monsters like the Magic Negro.
Renewables cannot stand on their own and can only exist inside of ANY marketplace with the use of subsidies. This is where the hanky-panky comes in. NY Times headlines might say "Solar Is Now Cheaper Than Coal" and little Liberals squeak and jump for joy.
But, being heavily subsidized, those little Liberals already paid for that Solar hidden in their paychecks, grocery bills, utility bills, Income Tax and, knowing the thieving bas turd in the WH, probably inside of Obamacare, too.
This shell-game of cheap renewables is a vicious one, too, because the Magic Negro buys off people inside the industry and so he has legions of demons within. GM sucks the Magic Negro and the Magic Negro now has GM clamoring for more Solar. Power comes in two forms here: Energy and Politics. The Magic Negro wants both. The gates of Hell are swinging wildly lately.
There are three ways toward an energy solution: 1.) Produce more Energy 2.) Use less Energy 3.) Both
We can make a cellphone that uses just enough energy to keep the user from getting brain cancer and make cell-tower technology more sensitive to weak signals but there are lower limits here.
We still can't run a loaded subway train from 2-volt sunbeams and we'll never be hydraulically stamping out steel or forging car engine blocks from a Windmill. Ain't gonna happen.
We need game-changing research into Energy - what it is, how to get it and do it cleanly. So far, we're just feeding the Magic Negro's friends.
You sound like a whale oil kind of guy.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912434
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand that simple physics is "gobbledygook rhetorical bunkum" to the likes of you.
How would you know? You're named after a kooky character in a science fiction novel by Ayn Rand based on pseudo-capitalist principles that have long been proved debunked by real economists.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912436
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>no you moron-they have earthquakes. You can't have mass transit when you have tremors everyday of the year. Geez liberals are loons. Shake it up.
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A study dated September 14, 2010 shows that along with some Bay Area freeways, some of BART's overhead structures could be extensively damaged and potentially collapse in the event of a major earthquake, which is highly likely to happen in the Bay Area within the next thirty years. But that's fine, liberals can take their chances.
However, it does debunk your earlier crappy notion that 'mass transit can't exist in areas of frequent tremor activity' Do you want to apologize ,like a decent chap, for calling someone on an earlier reply- post of yours an 'idiot'?---you're the 'idiot' and intellectually shallow if you don't.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912437
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Political Vel Craft

Veil Of Politics

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/04/20/waco-...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912438
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You retardedporchmunkey; he has so much money that 10-20 grand here or there is like pocket change.....
Yeah, how 'generous' of Dubya not to charge our soldiers More. Not!:-D

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912439
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>No,'efficient urban design' is a common enough term in the construction trades and if you were at all experienced in the field then you'd easily recognize its meaning. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Try to hold back your AADD for a second and Focus, Jimmy!

http://www.keepersoftheblueridge.com/environm...

http://wind-power-problems.org/

Now...as you were - prone, naked and singing children's songs to the Magic Negro....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912440
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>How would you know? You're named after a kooky character in a science fiction novel by Ayn Rand based on pseudo-capitalist principles that have long been proved debunked by real economists.
There it is again!

"Debunked"!!!!!

Hilarious. You guys all picked up that word at the ACORN Summer Camp, right?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912441
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>However, it does debunk your earlier crappy notion that 'mass transit can't exist in areas of frequent tremor activity' Do you want to apologize ,like a decent chap, for calling someone on an earlier reply- post of yours an 'idiot'?---you're the 'idiot' and intellectually shallow if you don't.
There it is again!

"Debunk"!!!!!

Is that where everyone jumps out from their bunk in the morning?

Hilarious. You guys all picked up that word at the ACORN Summer Camp, right?

Liberals use too many codewords:]

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912442
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a whale oil kind of guy.
You could swallow a Sperm Whale and not blink an eye doing it..

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#912443
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! This almost sounds like Bush-Bashing.
When you spill milk, do you cry over it?
What Karma is trying to explain to you with logic and a keen historical perspective has been well-documented . See here-->Who Killed The Electric Car? Documentary about GM killing of the electric car. It has been here since '96 but they killed it off.

If you believe in conspiracy theories: here's a real one for ya.
http://youtu.be/nsJAlrYjGz8

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••