Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#912569 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
The 9/11 Commission final report.
“The US government was utterly unprepared on Sept. 11, 2001, to protect the American people from al-Qaeda terrorists.” The report itself states,“We believe the 9/11 attacks revealed four kinds of failures: in imagination, policy, capabilities, and management.”
The report was much gentler on the Bush administration and rather than focus criticism on the Bush administration, the commission spread the blame broadly and evenly across two administrations, the FBI and Congress.”
Of course, liberals carefully select the facts they choose to believe.
Then there was a report of our vulnerability that was put together by a Clinton appointed commission that went to give their report to Bush in early 2001. Bush refused to meet with them & threw their report on the Trash.

Instead Bush set up his own commission co-chaired by his campaign manager that would have met the first time in late September of 1001.

Who knows if Bush would have taken that report seriously?

Carol don't give a rap about that.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#912570 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
The 9/11 Commission final report.
“The US government was utterly unprepared on Sept. 11, 2001, to protect the American people from al-Qaeda terrorists.” The report itself states,“We believe the 9/11 attacks revealed four kinds of failures: in imagination, policy, capabilities, and management.”
The report was much gentler on the Bush administration and rather than focus criticism on the Bush administration, the commission spread the blame broadly and evenly across two administrations, the FBI and Congress.”
Of course, liberals carefully select the facts they choose to believe.
"A Shock, Not a Surprise
The 9/11 attacks were a shock, but they should not have come as a surprise. Islamist extremists had given plenty of warning that they meant to kill Americans indiscriminately and in large numbers. Although Usama Bin Ladin himself would not emerge as a signal threat until the late 1990s, the threat of Islamist terrorism grew over the decade." ... "The 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were far more elaborate, precise, and destructive than any of these earlier assaults. But by September 2001, the executive branch of the U.S. government, the Congress, the news media, and the American public had received clear warning that Islamist terrorists meant to kill Americans in high numbers."..."As late as September 4, 2001, Richard Clarke, the White House staffer long responsible for counterterrorism policy coordination, asserted that the government had not yet made up its mind how to answer the question: "Is al Qaida a big deal?"

A week later came the answer. " Check this out: http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/report/911...
proud2bwhite

Addison, IL

#912571 May 27, 2013
in honor of all Americans who have served our great nation to insure our freedom , thank you all..

To all the liberals who willingly give away what these great men have fought and gave their lives for. Fuckyou all.
Florida

Phoenix, AZ

#912572 May 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get started, right after you shine my shoes.

So much to do...so little desire to do it. Ignorance is proof you are trying..

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#912573 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, bushie boy didn't do that.
But we have a famous photo of him looking down over New Orleans from Air Force One.
I swear it was a look of "I'm glad I'm not down there!"
"yuck"
You are a phoney. We all know if you had been in that plane you would have ordered the pilot to land so you could be seen. Only an idiot would have wanted to be on the ground in New Orleans at that time. I would bet most in New Orleans wished they were some where else.
Your hero, president nobama, the boy messiah would have fit right in.
Peace
KMA

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#912574 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you just don't know the facts. I'll assume through no fault of your own.
97th Congress (1981-1983)
Senate: 53(R); 46(D); 1(other)
House: 242(D); 189(R)
98th Congress (1983-1985)
Senate: 54(R); 46(D)
House: 268(D); 167(R)
99th Congress (1985-1987)
Senate: 53(R); 47 (D)
House: 253 (D); 182(R)
100th Congress (1987-1989)
Senate: 55(D); 45(R)
House: 258 (D); 177 (R)
In fact, Democrats controlled the house from 1981 to 1989 throughout the entire Reagan administration.
So no more excuses.
However, the Republicans controlled the Senate all through Reagan's 2 terms--every one who knows anything about how our government functions also knows that the Senate leads and the House follows. Was the sequestration a new idea. No, republicans pushed it through in 1985 . "So they passed the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Balanced Budget Act, which did just that, as U.S. News explained at the time:

"Under the law, enacted in the final days of the 1985 session, Congress and the President must agree on a budget that meets annual deficit-reduction targets, or spending will be cut automatically under a complex system called "sequestration." Sound familiar?

Then, as now, the cuts were evenly divided among defense and nondefense programs. Then, as now, onlookers warned the cuts would leave food and drugs uninspected, airport runways unwatched, and soldiers unequipped.

[READ: 10 Industries That Will Be Hurt Most by the Sequester]

"All of us, and that includes the President and his advisers, will have to give a little if we are to avoid the wreckage," said Pete Domenici, the Senate's budget chairman at the time, sounding very much like current House Speaker John Boehner.

So what happened? It didn't work. The Supreme Court declared the automatic cuts unconstitutional, and when a revised version of the bill passed in 1987, Congress mostly evaded the cuts, and the deficit continued to grow. " Check this out: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/press-past/2... Thus, Reaganomics was a failure in the 1980's and un-Constitutional and the plan to revive it by Paul Ryan and John Boehner has also been proved to be a failure --so why do republicans stick to failed , impoverished ideas? They must really hate American across the board prosperity equally shared by all.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#912575 May 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He has failed us. He needs to be removed before he damages the US even more than he already has.
Hey dimwit:

President Obama solves the USA uninsured crisis for free!

Bluecross puts up affordable quotes for all, you cant be denied coverage, guaranteed by federal law, all States.

What did Republicans do when they had all the power?

Drop over a $ TRILLION DOLLARS in Iraq! All borrowed for ya!

A trillion: a thousand billion dollars!

On a failed war! A disgrace!

President Obama put bin laden in the sea. Solves domestic issues for free!

Republicans today: complete failures! Ran a magic undies grease ball liar?

You should all be ashamed today: your guys sckkk!
Florida

Miami, FL

#912576 May 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you been living on the Moon?
How pathetic and funny is that huh.. He that spits against the Wind, spits in his own Face
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#912577 May 27, 2013
The Tea Party movement is showing signs of a resurgence following the revelation that the IRS targeted groups and other politically conservative organizations for the past several years.

A recent poll shows Americans have a more favorable opinion of the less-government, anti-tax groups

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/26/te...
Florida

Miami, FL

#912578 May 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Riots and unrest in Sweden, just like Greece...
"The left, which dominated Swedish politics for decades and devised the cradle-to-grave welfare system, has blamed reduced state benefits and a modest shift toward the privatization of public services for the unrest"...
So what are the Democrats pushing here in the USA?
To be like Sweden & Greece.
Go figure.
Liberalism is mental disorder.
"Waxman"is a First Internet Clown School graduate.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#912579 May 27, 2013
It's all the culture but is it the American one?
Or another one that wants to replace it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#912580 May 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Bushie boy was given the power to take action as he saw fit to protect America and what did he do?
Invade iraq for no reason at all.
Now that's a ballsy guy! Narcissism doesn't begin to describe his ego.
While Obama subjects the US to repeated terrorist attacks and treats them as street crimes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#912581 May 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't go that far - comparing Obama to Hitler.
Hitler was a madman of unprecedented proportions who single-handedly caused more misery, death and suffering to more people than any one person in perhaps all of history.
Obama is just a narcissist who desires control in much the way tyrants in the past have desired control by silencing the opposition and controlling the media and expanding government. Which is dangerous enough in itself.
Obama is just getting started.

Once he convinces Americans to surrender their rights for "safety" or "healthcare", then it will be too late
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#912582 May 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>How would you know? You're named after a kooky character in a science fiction novel by Ayn Rand based on pseudo-capitalist principles that have long been proved debunked by real economists.
Galt knows about power plants.

By the way, you climate change freak, where do you set your thermostat in winter and summer as your part of controlling so-called global warming?

Or is it do as I say, but not as I do?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#912583 May 27, 2013
More Glow Bull Warming!!!!!

Time to panic everyone!!!

Glow Bull Warmong is coming!!! Heeeelllpppp!!!!

Where is the DemocRATS prophet Al Gore?

Baaawwwaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

"Upstate New York gets 3 feet of snow on Memorial Day weekend"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/05/27/whe...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#912584 May 27, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, trayvon was a homicidal thug in the making. That comment by odumbo ("if I had a son...") may have been the dumbest comment I've ever heard a politician make.
But probably accurate.

Think about it.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#912585 May 27, 2013
Waxman did a small tribute to honor Veterans and defy fascist Democrats today. Instead of raising the American flag, I raised the Gadsden Flag in honor of patriots and those that have helped America (that would exclude Democrats).
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#912586 May 27, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>It's my diaper, it stinks.
President Obama borrows at 1.8% long term to solve the Republican nightmare rule.

GENIUS!

AFFORDABLE CARE ACT. GET SOME!

especially carol........have that moldy stench looked at!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#912587 May 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is just getting started.
Once he convinces Americans to surrender their rights for "safety" or "healthcare", then it will be too late
Galt sees facts before they become facts just as I do. It will be too late then to stop the rampant tyranny that will engulf our nation.
We can still fight it now.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#912588 May 27, 2013
Two nights ago the libtard Democrat two houses down from me was running his polluting wood stove. It's almost June!!!

Where is Al "Jazeera" Gore when you need him?

The libtard neighbor two houses down was all upset and told my neighbor next to me he did not appreciate it when I had my Confederate Flag displaying out front.

My next door neighbor had a laugh when he told me about the comment from the libtard, as we looked at my British "Union Jack" flag the libtard was upset about.

Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!

DemocRATS are idiots!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Atticus Tiberius ... 180,725
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 700
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 53 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,863
Dear Abby 11/24/14 1 hr Mister Tonka 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 48,466
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,589
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,520
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST