Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
837,701 - 837,720 of 1,095,494 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS OCTOBER!
All States, even red ones!
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT!
SIGNED INTO LAW BY PRESIDENT OBAMA!
law of the land.
No more denials of coverage.
No more pre existing conditions denials!
ALL STATES THIS OCTOBER!
(Not one Republican voted yes)
Citizens leave this out dated party in the dust!
GOP SCKKKKKS AZZZZZZZ!
Last I heard, 26 states have already opted out. That's more than half if true.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Recycling per se seems like a no brainer good, but not if it still degrades the environment by polluting the Earth . Take[McDonough &Braungart in "Cradle to Cradle"] the authors’ analysis of recycling. Recycling is good, right? In fact, they say, it is often very, very bad. For example, recycling plastic bottles into that groovy fleece jacket means bringing toxic antimony into contact with your skin. Oops. Or how about being more efficient? We know that’s always good, don’t we? Um, actually, no:“Being less bad is not being good,” McDonough told the National Press Club last spring.“If you want to go to Mexico, and you’re driving toward Canada, even if you slow down you’re still going to Canada.” Better design and no growth must be part of the new metric too. A review of Cradle to Cradle URL:
http://grist.org/article/design/
No technology exists that will remove all energy footprints. Period. Start from there.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed(First Law).

Lithium-Ion batteries are made from Aluminum and Lithium both of which are mined, purified and shipped across oceans and continents. The entire process from ground to your i-Pod is extremely energy-intensive. So, too, will be the recycling of the waste after its lifespan is expended.

This is but ONE example of many thousands. Solar Panels, the same thing - Silicon, Rare Earth Metals, Mining, purification, EOL disposal, etc...

Wind Turbines, Solar Installations and Tidal Generators cause environmental damage,.......

So when I hear about the Electric Cars, Solar, Slime Generators and the Magic Negro's vision for the future, I want to puke.

And if he stood before me, I would.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>P Dupont is easily the smartest poster on this thread babe, among the most honest too.
Say no more. You just waved your sign.

Even I'm shocked.
obamaskumsucker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

<quoted text>Yeah, that's right. we don't need no 'stinking facts'*:-/(sarcasm) LOL
yea.you tell em porchboy..facts are what obama tells us they are .they don't need to be true for us democrates to believe them.I'll never get why them republicans want the truth and proof when all that's needed is the words of obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Take Bill Maher's advice. Scientists do science ;not denier idiots. You figure out who you ought to believe.
Real scientists demand proof; politicians take votes.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

No Problem,
G W Bush is too liberal for the party now?
LOL
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
your "problem" with that?
They *HONORED* former President George W. Bush!
tee hee hee ...

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Berger confessed to stealing documents from the National Archives.
Best not to argue with Realtime. He thinks PDupont is the smartest guy on this thread. Facts confuse them both.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!!!! Riiiight.... the guy who tells on group of people he doesn't care for 47% Americans, then changes his mind when he's called out on it and changes the claim to 100%.
And if bushie boy was really that good, he should have helped McCain AND Romney do what you claim.
Instead, he runs and hides instead and the GOP doesn't want him around.
Curious how the real world is different from your world.
When kept in context, Romney's statement was absolutely correct, in fact, as it turned out, he low-balled the estimate.
Only Democrat ex-presidents like to ham it up in front of a camera, Bush has more class than that.
Only ex-Dem presidents
proud2bwhite

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Moochelle would never let Hillary get on top.
it's simple ,put the ugly one on top.. ok maybe not so simple.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Wind Turbines, Solar Panels and Gerbils Running In Cages will it take to run the NY Subway System, Manufacturing Plants and Rooftop Air Conditioners?
The entire eastern half of the U.S. Continent.
And that's just for NY City on sunny days with good wind
...and healthy Gerbils.
Solar power is viable only in the southwestern US.

Wind power is viable in relatively limited areas.

Neither are reliable and both require redundant fossil or nuclear power.

Power cannot be stored in great quantities nor transmitted over long distances.

But if America wants to sit at home and freeze in the dark, so be it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Recycling per se seems like a no brainer good, but not if it still degrades the environment by polluting the Earth . Take[McDonough &Braungart in "Cradle to Cradle"] the authors’ analysis of recycling. Recycling is good, right? In fact, they say, it is often very, very bad. For example, recycling plastic bottles into that groovy fleece jacket means bringing toxic antimony into contact with your skin. Oops. Or how about being more efficient? We know that’s always good, don’t we? Um, actually, no:“Being less bad is not being good,” McDonough told the National Press Club last spring.“If you want to go to Mexico, and you’re driving toward Canada, even if you slow down you’re still going to Canada.” Better design and no growth must be part of the new metric too. A review of Cradle to Cradle URL:
http://grist.org/article/design/
Where do you set your thermostat in winter and summer?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! What a lunatic.
By the way: quotes for medical insurance in CA are coming in LOWER than forecast!
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT STARTS ACCEPTING CITIZENS THIS OCTOBER FOR MED INSURANCE.
By blue cross no less.
Right wing liars are so pissed by this development.
Your Bush: flushed $1 TRILLION in Iraq! Death, War.
The Genius Obama: Solved the USA medical insurance nightmare for free!
Republicans: Losers!
Good Lord, you give "genius" a whole new meaning.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>At least it's renewable.
Oil won't last forever. Too bad you ignore this.
Renewable, yes, but sufficient and reliable, no.

Oil and natural gas will last a very long time, nuclear power forever.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Excuses just like that 1930's German guy.
You people have a lot in common.
1930s, not 1930's, you ignorant buffoon.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Best not to argue with Realtime. He thinks PDupont is the smartest guy on this thread. Facts confuse them both.
You are repeating yourself
Put

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

OMG...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Actually, New York City , because of its more efficient urban design features, like being close to mass transit systems, less exurban sprawl, etc. uses energy with less waste then Phoenix , Miami , or any other large , overdeveloped Sun Belt city of comparable size and population density. So, New York's lesser energy needs means they'll pay less than someone living in the Sun Belt.
BS. Check your facts.

Besides, most sane people would rather be anywhere but New York City, a hellhole.

Does individual choice count for anything with you Marxists?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I heard, 26 states have already opted out. That's more than half if true.
No Katrina screw up !

Standing by a pile of debris that once was an elementary school, Barack Obama called the destruction caused by a tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, "hard to comprehend" vowing to provide long-term federal help in rebuilding.

The tornado, rated at the top of a five-step scale used to measure the vortex, killed 24 people – including seven children at the site Obama visited on Sunday, and caused a 17-mile-long corridor of destruction through the suburb of Oklahoma City, flattening entire blocks of homes, two schools and a hospital.

"Obviously the damage here is pretty hard to comprehend," the president said, standing amid the debris of an affected street. The visit to Moore was one in a series of responses to tragedies Obama has made in recent months, including the Boston Marathon bombings in April; the mass school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in December; and the destruction that superstorm Sandy caused along the Jersey coastline in October.

"Whenever I come to an area that has been devastated by some natural disaster like this, I want to make sure that everyone understands that I am speaking on behalf of the entire country," said Obama, flanked by officials including the governor of Oklahoma, Mary Fallin. "Everywhere, fellow Americans are praying with you, they're thinking about you and they want to help. And I'm just a messenger here letting you know that you are not alone."

The Moore tornado was the most powerful of a spate of 76 twisters that hit 10 states from 18 May to 20 May, causing an estimated $2bn (£1.3bn) to $5bn in insured losses, according to Eqecat, a disaster modelling company. The tornado also injured 377 people.

While assuring that residents of the 1,200 homes that the storm destroyed would receive extended federal help, Obama also urged lawmakers to maintain funding for the training and equipment that emergency responders rely on in the aftermath of disasters.

"I know everybody in Congress cares deeply about what's happening and know that resources will be forthcoming when it comes to rebuilding," he said. "But remember that it's also the ongoing training and equipment, making sure those things are in place. We can't shortchange that kind of ongoing disaster response, we can't just wait until the disaster happens. That's how, in part, we're able to save a lot of lives."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
When in fact it is YOU who is fighting not to share the "free stuff" with Health care, being old white has-been's you want medicare just for you.
Black racism always rises to the top.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Major Solheim is still on active duty and participated with President George W. Bush in a bicycle marathon this weekend.
Unlike Obama who uses troops as lawn jockeys and stage props, President George W. Bush bonds strongly with the soldiers.
Class versus trash.
it wasn't President Obama who
didn't listen to his Generals and started the invasion of Iraq with 70% less than were needed
sent in the troops with inadequate armor support
sent in the troops with inadequate body armor
sent in the troops without preparing for after Saddam
SENT THE TROOPS INTO THE WRONG COUNTRY
DIDN'T SEND IN ENOUGH TROOPS TO AFGHANISTAN, THUS ALLOWING OSAMA bin LADEN TO ESCAPE
cut funding to veteran health care so that our vets received substandard health care

AND SPEAKING OF USING TROOPS AS STAGE PROPS, WHICH PRESIDENT WAS IT AGAIN WHO LANDED ON THE DECK OF AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER IN A MILITARY FLIGHT SUIT NO LESS, DECLARING THE END OF COMBAT OPERATIONS (9 years too early)

most troops and troops recognize actual support as opposed to lip service....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••