Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#912345 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT was the 'demoncrat" congress THAT would NOT do/FIX THAT!
No Katrina Screw up

Proud of President Obama

MOORE, Okla. During a firsthand look Sunday afternoon at the devastation from last week's violent tornado, President Obama praised Oklahomans for their resolve while consoling victims and promising continued help.

"I'm just a messenger here today, letting everybody here know that you are not alone, that you've got folks behind you," Obama said. "Obviously, the damage here is pretty hard to comprehend. Our hearts go out to the families who have been impacted, including those who had loved ones who were lost."

Obama, who flew from Washington to nearby Tinker Air Force Base, spent several hours in the area. He walked through one of the hardest-hit neighborhoods in the Oklahoma City suburb and toured the ruins of Plaza Towers Elementary School, which was destroyed. He later visited a local fire station that has been used as a command post. There he thanked first responders and met with families of seven children who died at the school.

Twenty-four people died in the storm, which has been classified as a top-of-the-scale EF5 and which cut a path 17 miles long and was at times more than a mile wide, turning entire city blocks into one big pile of rubble. Officials estimate as many as 1,200 homes were destroyed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#912346 May 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
1930s, not 1930's, you ignorant buffoon.
lol! Thanks for the education and for not disputing the point!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#912347 May 26, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can smell it sitting by yourself at the computer I've got news for you, it's you.
You right wingers aren't very smart.
I have a Mind's Eye that allows my senses to soar.

You have a Mind's Azzhole which only sensation is diarrhea.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#912348 May 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt agrees that many Americans, particularly senior citizens, are over-medicated.
Obamacare will make this situation worse.
the most medicated are middle aged women. The biggest jump was in the 20-44 year old age group where utilization grew 20% mainly for depression, diabetes, asthma, ADD, and seizures.

Medco estimates about 1.2 million American children now are taking pills for Type 2 diabetes, sleeping troubles and gastrointestinal problems such as heartburn.(This should be troubling to everyone in terms of the long-term implications to our health care system.)

2/3 of women 20 and older take maintenance medications. 1/4 of children and teenagers take maintenance medications
52% of adult men take maintenance medications

3/4 people 65 or older take maintenance medications
Among seniors, 28% of women and 22% of men take 5 or more maintenance medications.

We have finally broke the 60% mark of people using maintenance (or chronic) medications-It is disgusting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#912349 May 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama continues to murder Americans in Afghanistan, a war that he escalated, even after surrendering to the Tol-E-Bon.
Have you thanked bushie boy for starting that front?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#912350 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT was the 'demoncrat" congress THAT would NOT do/FIX THAT!
I suggest you check your facts lady, else you are able to look like a fool.

The Walter Reed neglect story broke Feb. 2007, which means conditions that led up to it had been going on for some time prior.
The 109th Congress (2005-2007) both houses of Congress had been controlled by the Republican party and had been since the 104th Congress (1995-1997. BTW at the time they also controlled the White House, you know President Dumbya

so place the blame where it belongs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#912351 May 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>My post was to the poster who said Berger stuffed documents down his pants, which was a bullsht media creation.
Berger took "copies" of classified original documents from the National Archives in a leather tote and some notes he had made in his pants or coat pocket.
He was fined $50K and community service.
Pay attention or butt out K?
Well, you're still wrong.

Berger admitted that twice during 2003, he knowingly removed classified documents regarding the government's anti-terror efforts and notes from the National Archives Annex in College Park, Md., by putting the papers in his jacket, HIS PANTS and in a leather case.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#912352 May 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He believes 2+2=5, with all his heart. Dorothy's scarecrow noodled better with straw for brains.
And Dorothy had to fight Flying Monkeys, too, like we do today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#912353 May 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The total cost of the Oklahoma earthquake is less than the graft in the Sandy bill.
okay, what graft in the Sandy bill. Please identify it and the amount.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#912354 May 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We don't need Obama's kind of scientists.
The Magic Negro is looking for a Josef Mengele to join his Obamacare Team.

Cost-cutting measure, you know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#912355 May 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No Katrina Screw up
Proud of President Obama
MOORE, Okla. During a firsthand look Sunday afternoon at the devastation from last week's violent tornado, President Obama praised Oklahomans for their resolve while consoling victims and promising continued help.
"I'm just a messenger here today, letting everybody here know that you are not alone, that you've got folks behind you," Obama said. "Obviously, the damage here is pretty hard to comprehend. Our hearts go out to the families who have been impacted, including those who had loved ones who were lost."
Obama, who flew from Washington to nearby Tinker Air Force Base, spent several hours in the area. He walked through one of the hardest-hit neighborhoods in the Oklahoma City suburb and toured the ruins of Plaza Towers Elementary School, which was destroyed. He later visited a local fire station that has been used as a command post. There he thanked first responders and met with families of seven children who died at the school.
Twenty-four people died in the storm, which has been classified as a top-of-the-scale EF5 and which cut a path 17 miles long and was at times more than a mile wide, turning entire city blocks into one big pile of rubble. Officials estimate as many as 1,200 homes were destroyed.
There was nothing to screw up. There weren't people carrying weapons and looting or a liberal governor denying the federal government permission (by law) to send in an armed National Guard.

Which is the only thing that delayed a rescue.

A liberal mayor not evacuating his citizens when dozens of school buses sat empty in a parking lot may have contributed to a tragedy that could have been avoided as well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#912356 May 26, 2013
Breaking News from the George W Bush administration
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're still wrong.
Berger admitted that twice during 2003, he knowingly removed classified documents regarding the government's anti-terror efforts and notes from the National Archives Annex in College Park, Md., by putting the papers in his jacket, HIS PANTS and in a leather case.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#912357 May 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's right. we don't need no 'stinking facts'*:-/(sarcasm) LOL
The "facts" ARE that Obama hasn't stopped lying since the day he started campaigning for the presidency the FIRST time!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#912358 May 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Moochelle would never let Hillary get on top.
Galt's racism rises like a turd in the toilet

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#912359 May 26, 2013
<quoted text> Actually, New York City , because of its more efficient urban design features, like being close to mass transit systems, less exurban sprawl, etc. uses energy with less waste then Phoenix , Miami , or any other large , overdeveloped Sun Belt city of comparable size and population density. So, New York's lesser energy needs means they'll pay less than someone living in the Sun Belt.
Why not use Chicago as a model of mass transit. Every year they lose money and declare a doomsday scenario--and then the tax payers have to pay more. Why is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#912360 May 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No Katrina screw up !
... Obama also urged lawmakers to maintain funding for the training and equipment that emergency responders rely on in the aftermath of disasters.
"I know everybody in Congress cares deeply about what's happening and know that resources will be forthcoming when it comes to rebuilding," he said. "But remember that it's also the ongoing training and equipment, making sure those things are in place. We can't shortchange that kind of ongoing disaster response, we can't just wait until the disaster happens. That's how, in part, we're able to save a lot of lives."
I listened to Sen Tom Coburn, who voted against aid for Sandy victims because the bill included funding FEMA for future disasters.

he would rather have Congress allocate funds for disasters after they happen. "we should fund for the emergencies at hand" (paraphrase)

gee, besides the fact that the equipment and training has to occur before its needed, Congress can't get anything done in a year, how are they going react quickly enough.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#912361 May 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama meets this week with a Republican who might try to replace him: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
The two men who got along so famously in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in October right at the end of the presidential campaign will tour recovery efforts along the Jersey Shore on Tuesday.
is O'bama ever at the White House. What is he campaigning for now? Photo-op of the year?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#912362 May 26, 2013
<quoted text> You just proved Hillary was right. Showing the 'clip over and over' will sink the GOP in 2014 and 2016. It clearly shows a very frustrated smart and strong Secretary of State Hillary Clinton being berated by republican congressmen for having the temerity to ask Congress why they voted to cut spending for embassy security that could have saved our U S Ambassador and the other people who died in the Benghazi attacks.
According to the testimonies of the whistleblowers which were so compelling they blew the scandal wide open again, she lied through her teeth under oath.

Yes, she did look frustrated.

Yes, she did look annoyed she might lose her last chance at the presidency by being put on the spot and having no logical answers.

But smart and strong? No.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#912363 May 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing to screw up. There weren't people carrying weapons and looting or a liberal governor denying the federal government permission (by law) to send in an armed National Guard.
Which is the only thing that delayed a rescue.
A liberal mayor not evacuating his citizens when dozens of school buses sat empty in a parking lot may have contributed to a tragedy that could have been avoided as well.
Just in case you didn't realize it, New Orleans wasn't the only place where Katrina hit.

The biggest single factor that could have prevented the tragedy, besides not having the Crawford Tx village idiot in the Oval Office, would have been not to have a Dressage Judge running FEMA

buty that's just a guess

BTW are you gonna blame that on a Democratic Congress too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#912364 May 26, 2013
<quoted text> Of course, you're missing the point. At first, you claimed that it was a 'lie' that Oklahoma's freshman Tea Party representatives came begging for government aid after they voted down aid to New Jersey Sandy victims. And , I showed you it was true. Now you argue a different reason---the bill was 'loaded with pork'(another lie) Stop lying and look at the issue objectively. The Oklahoma Congressmen objected to Government aid for Superstorm Sandy victims because they argued that the Government shouldn't 'spend money that they don't have'--government should offset the aid money with cuts to other less needful funding(like cuts in the pork projects and special interests subsidies(oil subsidy)Obama and the democrats agreed with that in the Aid for Superstorm Sandy catastrophic climate change victims and Inhofe still vetoed it. But, now he's claiming government aid to the Oklahoma tornado victims was 'different'. How different?
You are hearing voices again. Most people follow point A to point B to point C in their arguments but you hop backyard fences, go down rabbit holes, climb through trash cans, come out in Timbuktu and claim to have made a statement.

WTH are you talking about? I said something was a lie? I said something was loaded with pork?

When I give you directions to the Party Store, you hear Tolstoy's War and Peace in its entirety. You then come back from the Party Store and accuse me of lying about the price of Baseball Cards.

You are nuts, crazy, berserk and Liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 50,603
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min Frijoles 70,022
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 45 min joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,643
Lou Holtz nails it! 2 hr GiveLouAShot 13
A General's Point of View. 3 hr Gen_Geo Parton 2
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 3 hr Interpoll 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Learn to Read 179,283
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]