Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#911236 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Clearly the goal of Republicans/Rigthwingers is not to get to any 'truth', it's to try and embarrass and disparage this president.
They make me sick.
You are sick, alright.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#911237 May 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If it weren't for you West Virginia hillbillies and Rednecks Lehigh and Northampton Counties would not exist...
Yeah well you got gators and crocs..and those damn little red stinging piss ants!
(and sum us even KNOWS it rains there-- a lot even-- during the monsoon season!)
So there!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#911238 May 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is a hillbilly. A good ole boy.. He's to proud to admit it...
He doesn't have too-it oozes out his still bones anyway lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#911239 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't miss it hillbilly, I skipped right over it.
Haha on you.. Ms Rice was busy that day, being classy enough not to have to prance- even if she was there lol.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#911240 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So basically the IRS was just doing their jobs?
So an entire segment of the population who believes in smaller government, government accountability and lower taxes should be targeted as enemies of the state?

Do you NOT see how scary that sounds?

Lapeer, MI

#911241 May 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God you are stupid.
Someone asked why so many homes in the Moore area did not have basements.
Beng an informed person, I knew the answer.
You being uninformed, don't know sh*t.
You are about as informed as Rodney King was 24/7
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#911242 May 24, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I am not conversing with multiple demons inside but talking with a single orifice: an azzhole.
Shields Up!
It's fascinating to watch what comes out of your while it accumulates in your "protective" bubble.

bon appetite!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#911243 May 24, 2013
awwwww.... poor sheriff arpaio.

a profiler....

but then, everyone knew that!!!!

"Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
Email this Story

May 24, 6:56 PM (ET)

PHOENIX (AP)- A federal judge has ruled that the office of America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff systematically racially profiled Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols.

The decision Friday by U.S. District Judge Murray Snow marks the first finding by a court that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office racially profiles people.

It also backs up allegations made by critics that Arpaio's officers rely on race in their immigration enforcement.

Snow also ruled Arpaio's deputies unreasonably prolonged the detentions of people who were pulled over.

A small group of Latinos alleged deputies pulled over some vehicles only to make immigration status checks.

Arpaio has denied the allegations.

Cecillia D. Wang, director of the ACLU Immigrants' Right Project, called the ruling a "great day for all the people of Maricopa County."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#911244 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So you can relate, you have half a brain
lol

Lapeer, MI

#911245 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Stockholm rioting continues for fifth night
Swedish police seek reinforcements after youths set ablaze cars and attack property and schools in poorer suburbs of capital
Police in Stockholm are to seek reinforcements after youths set cars ablaze and threw stones at police for a fifth night running, officials said.
About 30 cars were set on fire in poorer districts in north-western and south-western parts of the Swedish capital on Thursday night, with rioters causing widespread damage to property, including schools. However, a police spokesman said the overnight violence was less intense than in previous nights.
Despite Sweden's reputation for equality, the rioting has exposed a faultline between a well-off majority and a minority, often young people with immigrant backgrounds, who cannot find work, lack education and feel marginalised.
"In terms of extent, it is a little less, a little quieter," said the police spokesman, Kjell Lindgren. Eight people, mostly in their early 20s, were detained during the night.
He said police planned to request reinforcements from other areas to help deal with the rioting as well as upcoming football matches and the wedding of Princess Madeleine, third in line to the throne, on 8 June.
He said the police needed to be prepared to maintain a heavy presence on the streets. "We will do that for days, weeks, as long as it is necessary," he said.
The violence appears to have been prompted by the death of a 69-year-old man shot by police this month in Husby, now the centre of the rioting.
One recent government study showed that up to a third of young people aged 16 to 29 in some of the most-deprived areas of Sweden's big cities neither study nor have a job.
The gap between rich and poor in Sweden is growing faster than in any other major nation, according to the OECD, although absolute poverty remains uncommon.
This is, once again, Muslim culture polluting Europe. It is a spreading corruption of Western Society. The financial mess in the Eurozone is nothing compared to the sleeping dog of Allah.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911246 May 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is a hillbilly. A good ole boy.. He's to proud to admit it...
Good for him.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#911247 May 24, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pay very close attention K Babe? She can plead the fifth over and over again until "someone" charges her with a federal crime and then she can continue to plead the fifth if she so chooses.
She doesn't have to participate in witch hunts__she's got thirty four years service under her belt and is probably itching to get far away from government.
I just wish she'd have told the mutt from South Carolina to GFY.
Nearly 60% of the population do not see this is a witch hunt nor do many prominent democrats and liberals.

Lerner should have been fired on the spot the minute she trotted out of that congressional hearing refusing to answer any questions. We, the people, who pay her salary deserve answers.

Maybe it's you who should be the one listening up.

I can't wait for her to plead the 5th again after she's called back. A lot of democrats already feel like their party is dying a slow death because of what she did the first time.

Lapeer, MI

#911248 May 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting! Even if anyone just alloted a smaller area, just for temporary use, would be better than nothing at all.
The choices that people make (or don't consider) sometimes.....
I thought about your earlier post regarding pets in natural disasters and had to ask myself how in the hell does a cat or a dog survive 200MPH+ winds with flying debris for 45 minutes out in the open and above ground? Amazing.

Dorothy and Toto might have something to say about it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911249 May 24, 2013
I was over on Twitter reading all the comments crazy pants Axelrod got for blaming the collapse of bridge caused by a truck driver on Republicans. We are warm and fuzzy here in comparison.

However, what idiot gave the truck driver a permit to cross that bridge?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#911250 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She's got you there JG. WTG hillbilly.
And ah'm a wartching him too!

http://www.livescience.com/16582-cyclops-shar...

(gaw what a creature lol)
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#911251 May 24, 2013
LiberalsAreAwesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he is a Liberal, and ALL Liberals are parasites of the government.
He cashes his other-people-tax-payers check and comes here to worship Obama and big government.
For low life parasite Liberals like him the solution is the government. He works never work hard abs save money in a Conservative created Health-Savings account to pay for his own stupidity.
Conservatives are responsible enough to save money for their own retirement, vacation, education and health care.
Liberals live off government handouts.
How is having a fair medical insurance market:

"Living off the gov?"

From now on: Gauranteed medical insurance, by federal law.

THANKS OBAMA!

Cant be turned down for pre existing bs.

This October, every state.

Finally the GOP nightmare is over!

Haalleeeelllluuuullllaaaaa!

Hey Genius!

The USA APPRECIATES YOUR SERVICE.

Lapeer, MI

#911252 May 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with Ms Rice? I found her to be a wonderful, intelligent, charming and gracious example for young girls every where!!!
I have always found her to be intelligent, insightful and wise.
She's an American asset.

Lapeer, MI

#911253 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't school buses have seat belts, air bags, padded seat backs, and roll cages?
Cost?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911255 May 24, 2013
DoJ wanted a federal judge to order Google to not tell Rosen that they had compromised his personal Gmail account. Google complied. I am changing my email account.

On top of this they asked the judge to allow them to monitor his personal email over an extended period of time "just in case" they may find something of interest.

The judge who signed the order was repeatedly told by another court that he needed to publish the warrant and he failed to comply.
Lincoln

United States

#911256 May 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So an entire segment of the population who believes in smaller government, government accountability and lower taxes should be targeted as enemies of the state?
Do you NOT see how scary that sounds?
Nonsense from fox

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 16 min Le Jimbo 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Earthling-1 47,074
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min Mandela 68,566
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,064
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 6 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]