Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
836,521 - 836,540 of 1,100,219 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#910996 May 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I get it.
Now you're claiming that the entire stimulus bill plus some went to infrastructure. My God, Eed, get a GD grip!
Nearly 70,000 bridges rated structurally deficient
But hey, since we can't fix them all at once, let's not fix any of them. Eed thinking.
Most of the stimulus went to government employee pension funds.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910997 May 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I get it.
Now you're claiming that the entire stimulus bill plus some went to infrastructure. My God, Eed, get a GD grip!
But hey, since we can't fix them all at once, let's not fix any of them. Eed thinking.
I was reading through the report and many of these bridges are small country road type bridges. It also states not all of them need replaced but need repairs. Finally, the feds pay for 80% of the cost and the state needs to fund the rest of the cost.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#910998 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock yourself out.
We are busy with the current Obama threat to American democracy.
What do ya got?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#910999 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock yourself out.
I thought we were a Republic.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#911001 May 24, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Shelters for school children?
"We cant afford it"
Red State school super in OK!
Bridge collapse: poor maintenance.
GOP: "we cant afford it"
$1 TRILLION BORROWED FOR WAR IN IRAQ.
GOP: no problem!
Yeah! Death and bombs! Borrow more!
Well ver one trillion__ including interest which hangs squarely around the neck of W who went to the Chinese himself.

And he also gave them the oil.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#911002 May 24, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone loves Dershowitz, in a Woody Allen sort of way.
Norman and John Podhoretz love him__Wm Kristol, Casey Anthony and lately George Zimmerman too. He's the King of all law__he should be on the Supreme Court.
What's the latest with your hero, Saint Trayvon?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#911003 May 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I get it.
Obama promised it would fix crumbling bridges. Your messiah said that, not me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#911004 May 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't listen to the President 's National Security speech yesterday like Code Pink protester ,Medea. I know that it is hard for you millennials', growing up with IPhones Galaxies and not galaxies of books opened by the magic of a library card ,but try anyway to keep up. Transcript for Digital Report: President Obama Delivers National Security Speech http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/digital-... ...
You flatter me, Jean from Queens.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#911005 May 24, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Shelters for school children?
"We cant afford it"
Red State school super in OK!
Bridge collapse: poor maintenance.
GOP: "we cant afford it"
$1 TRILLION BORROWED FOR WAR IN IRAQ.
GOP: no problem!
Yeah! Death and bombs! Borrow more!
Gather your thoughts, make your free free associations relevant to the topic and please be coherent, then get back to me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#911006 May 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't listen to the President 's National Security speech yesterday like Code Pink protester ,Medea. I know that it is hard for you millennials', growing up with IPhones Galaxies and not galaxies of books opened by the magic of a library card ,but try anyway to keep up. Transcript for Digital Report: President Obama Delivers National Security Speech http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/digital-... ...
"Library card" kind of dates you.

Most libraries today have more computers than books, except maybe kiddie books.

Soon to follow buggy whips.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#911007 May 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Can't refute a single fact from my post so you start acting like the jungle bunny you truly are , you should be on your knees thanking the old white men who bought your ancesters from tribal leaders who sold them into a better life in America where they were given work and taught skills and didn't have to run from tigers and eat monkeys anymore, if not for the whites who rescued your people you would still be in africa swatting flies off of a buffalo's nuts and burying your starving children one after another , be thankful boy.
Damn! You are ignorant enough to believe all blacks are from Africa &, arrogant enough to believe that slavery was a blessing!
Okay &, Jesus was white too &, MLK was a Republican! Try again boy!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#911008 May 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I was reading through the report and many of these bridges are small country road type bridges. It also states not all of them need replaced but need repairs. Finally, the feds pay for 80% of the cost and the state needs to fund the rest of the cost.
I5 isn't a country road. The failure falls on the state.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#911009 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I thought we were a Republic.
Good point, Homeboy.

We are busy with the current Obama threat to the US Constitution.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911010 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I checked my hinges, everything is in order. You both are deranged. Peppy is deranged and Homer now has 2.
Strange, we saw a few screws come loose earlier in your post-maybe you need to double check those hinges.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#911011 May 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't mention any bill in your post. You singled out "embassy security" and benghazi. So where is the embassy in benghazi?
Now Moocher Eed has no clue how money is spent by Congress.

Congressmen. Senators, members of the press all call the measure to provide funding for security for our diplomatic service call it embassy security. Grow up.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#911012 May 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"An idiom (Latin: idioma, "special property", f. Greek: &#7984;&#948;&#943 ;&#969;&#956;&#945 ; – idi&#333;ma, "special feature, special phrasing", f. Greek: &#7988;&#948;&#953 ;&#959;&#962; – idios, "one’s own") is a combination of words that has a figurative meaning, due to its common usage. An idiom's figurative meaning is separate from the literal meaning or definition of the words of which it is made.[1] Idioms are numerous and they occur frequently in all languages. There are estimated to be at least 25,000 idiomatic expressions in the English language."
"idi&#333;ma"??? Yeah, I know--you meant to do that; it's just a typo; it's all Obama's fault...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#911013 May 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama promised it would fix crumbling bridges. Your messiah said that, not me.
It ficxed some. Obama did not say all.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#911014 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1930s (not 1930's) German guy is in the White House
Now answer the question:
"Just out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a straight down the middle, factual news source?"
it is actually "The 1930s' German guy"...and I thought you said Obama was a Kenyan...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#911015 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock yourself out.
Threat?

Majority of voters put Obama in office, twice!

They love what he's done with the place.

I personally will enjoy my guaranteed health insurance, cannot be turned down for coverage, BY LAW!

I know a lot of folks caught in the pre existing condition nightmare: turned down for coverage, cant buy insurance?

Oh that is the old GOP way!

You lost! Will lose from now on. Get used to it.

Obama the GENIUS! BORROWS AT 1.8% LONGTERM TO FIX THE BUSH SHTTTT!

GO OBAMA! a true man of the people for the people!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911016 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I thought we were a Republic.
We are a group of Independents, too. In some of the polls concerning the scandals, Independents graded the matter more serious than the Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-29 13 min pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 17 min andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 20 min andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 26 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Amy 8-29 10 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••