Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#911086 May 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're probably right son.
I make an extra effort to communicate to those like you who have a hard time moving up on the intellectual scale.
As I've said before, it would be great if you could come up half way to meet me!
Kiddo, excuses are like.... you know.

Now you moronic, idiotic Progressive. Since when is it a crime to defend someone?

People have the right to defend themselves in a court of law despite your cretin claims that somehow it is morally wrong!

Time to grow up, sonny.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#911087 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Party hacks with your vivid imagination and lack of humor are responsible for the drab apartment buildings that litter Russia and Eastern Europe.
You're losing your grip on reality. What you said doesn't make any sense at all in this thread. Step away from the crack pipe.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#911088 May 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Drug should be dragged, Braintrust.
lily will confess her ignorance, leosnana will provide it... One in the same...

If I had a legitimate ignore list like "leosnana lily"... I'd put you on it you lily....

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#911089 May 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The money was given as grants with Joe Biden in charge. States were not given the money outright, but had to apply for specific grants and had to agree with the stipulations.
Some states declined to apply for grants stating that the funds would run out in a year or two and there was no way to continue the program, etc after that time.
And many republican governors like Palin, Perry, and Brewer feigned to not take the Stimulus money(to fool their Tea Party faithful rabble) while all the time applying for more than their fair share of Stimulus funds before the deadline.

Since: May 13

Westerville, OH

#911090 May 24, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>When asked whether the president had the authority to order any American killed within the borders of the United States at his whim, why did it take Obama two weeks to answer that question?
It's a simple answer. It takes less than 10 seconds. Anyone who has ever read the Constitution at least once in their life will know it:

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

In short:
No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

Why did it take a (supposed) constitutional lawyer two weeks to discover this?

That is the problem. Obama doesn't even know what's written in the Constitution because he's never read it. But, why should he read it? He's been indoctrinated his entire life in the belief that it should be eliminated. There's no reason to learn something that isn't even relevant.
I remembers when Liberals falsely accused Bush of using drones to kill terrorists. That was a made up scandal! Liberals were screaming impeachment.

Now, strangely, Liberals applaud Obama for what they wanted to impeach Bush for.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911091 May 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Drug should be dragged, Braintrust.
This error is particularly common in speech. Even Bill Clinton once made this blunder on national television.

Who cares leos?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#911092 May 24, 2013
Insurance Companies Selling Low Grade Benefits that do not Cover Hospital Stays, Prenatal - Due to Soetoro/Obamacare

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911093 May 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're losing your grip on reality. What you said doesn't make any sense at all in this thread. Step away from the crack pipe.
Whoosh

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#911094 May 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
B*llshyt....I suggest you check laws
Lerner’s lawyer, William W. Taylor, adamantly disagreed.“The law is clear that a witness does not waive her Fifth Amendment rights not to testify as to facts by asserting that she is innocent of the wrongdoing with which she is accused,” he wrote in an e-mail.
In an interview, Taylor said Lerner’s comments—which gave a thumbnail sketch of her division’s operation and the two investigations it has spurred in the offices of the Treasury inspector general and FBI — didn’t delve into the facts.“It simply said,‘This is what you guys accused me of, I’m not guilty of it.’”
http://news.yahoo.com/irs-official-fifth-amen...
ames Duane, a Fifth Amendment expert at Regent University, explained to New York magazine why Lerner was within her rights.(Duane made his comments after the hearing ended and before Issa made his announcement.)
“When [someone is] involuntarily summoned before grand jury or before legislative body, it is well settled that they have a right to make a ‘selective invocation,’ as it’s called, with respect to questions that they think might raise a meaningful risk of incriminating themselves,” Duane said.
He also believes that “even if Ms. Lerner had given answers to a few questions — five, ten, twenty questions — before she decided,‘That’s where I draw the line, I’m not answering any more questions,’ she would be able to do that as well.”
That theory will now get tested, since Issa indicated he may call Lerner back to testify again, without the ability to cite the Fifth Amendment.
Stan Brand, a former general counsel for the House of Representatives, told Politico that Lerner could have an issue if she waived her rights in prior appearances before Congress.
Prior to Lerner’s appearance, her attorney, William W. Taylor III, wrote to Issa and explained why his client was taking the Fifth Amendment.
Taylor said that prior claims by Issa that Lerner had provided misleading information to Congress on four occasions left his client without another option.
“She has not committed any crime or made any misrepresentation but under the circumstances she has no choice but to take this course,” Taylor said.
but not to worry, as I sure this will come up against a judge
"karma"
Face the facts. Lerner is taking the 5th. for one reason. She is guilty and she knows she is guilty. Do you know what the first step should be, fire her azz and quit paying her to sit on her azz and lie.
Peace
KMA

Westerville, OH

#911095 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency rooms should be limited to emergency care.

And why should you expect someone else to pay your bill?
Because he is a Liberal, and ALL Liberals are parasites of the government.

He cashes his other-people-tax-payers check and comes here to worship Obama and big government.

For low life parasite Liberals like him the solution is the government. He works never work hard abs save money in a Conservative created Health-Savings account to pay for his own stupidity.

Conservatives are responsible enough to save money for their own retirement, vacation, education and health care.

Liberals live off government handouts.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#911096 May 24, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You changed my post azzhole and I reported your stupid azz__via e-mail to Chris Tolles office.
The "son" poster is someone else__stop playing games.
Realtime using his "I am an idiot and crybaby defense"... Your eyes are useless when your mind is blind with idiot... Realtime exceeding the limits of his medication... LMFAO...

Whatever

Gering, NE

#911097 May 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>lily will confess her ignorance, leosnana will provide it... One in the same...
If I had a legitimate ignore list like "leosnana lily"... I'd put you on it you lily....
And Yeah.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#911098 May 24, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembers when Liberals falsely accused Bush of using drones to kill terrorists. That was a made up scandal! Liberals were screaming impeachment.
Now, strangely, Liberals applaud Obama for what they wanted to impeach Bush for.
You're not paying attention to what DBWriter wrote. At least, Obama provided an answer. Bush43 fought every subpoena by Congress to give an answer all the way to the Supreme Court.

Westerville, OH

#911099 May 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
for leos...I asked why Progressives find killing US citizens using drones without the benefit of a trial is okay?
Because it was a tragedy when they falsely accused Bush of the same.

Westerville, OH

#911101 May 24, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>Every citizen knows: damn right the IRS should be so far up every right wingers azzzzzzz!!

tax cheats all!

every single one of em.

Who cuts taxes for BILLIONAIRES during a TRILLION dollar war in Iraq?

Bush.

handed each BILLIONAIRE $50 million dollars.

"oh, they needed the governments help"

But schools in RED STATE OK can't afford shelters for little school children?

This is insanity in practice.

hand out millions to filthy rich guys, and deny shelter for school kids.

(a billionaire: worth over a thousand million dollars)

Bush gave them tax cuts, free gov loot.

While the country was at war! a trillion dollar Iraq fffffccckkkk up!

give money to rich, borrow money for war. hey is that the RED GOPPPPPPer way?
Liberals do my pay taxes. They are all tax cheats. They hide yatch in Rhode Island so as not to pay taxes in Pennsylvania or blame TurboTax for their cheating. Want names?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#911102 May 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So basically the IRS was just doing their jobs?
"homo"
Would you and "real dumb" be as forgiving of the IRS if they had acted in the same way against liberal groups? Asking illegal questions?
Peace
KMA
Whatever

Gering, NE

#911103 May 24, 2013
<quoted text> And many republican governors like Palin, Perry, and Brewer feigned to not take the Stimulus money(to fool their Tea Party faithful rabble) while all the time applying for more than their fair share of Stimulus funds before the deadline.
You need to stop throwing your dung and seeing if it sticks.

These were grants anyone could apply for and such comments like fair share is idiotic.

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#911104 May 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The failure falls to the truck driver with the unsafe load.
Don't know details on the truck, but it was up to the states on where they spent the trasportstion money.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#911105 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>You're losing your grip on reality. What you said doesn't make any sense at all in this thread. Step away from the crack pipe.
Galt was commenting that Jean is unable to recognize satire because she is either brain dead or a Communist Party drone, mindlessly repeating the party line.

Westerville, OH

#911106 May 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Many of us believe he'd be the president now if Romney had put the spotlight of Benghazi directly on Obama in the third presidential debate.

Very unfortunate he let that golden opportunity slip through his hands. And ours.
And now we pay with $4 gallon gas, 10.5% unemployment, 40% unemployment among blacks, 150% more terrorist stacks, 2 billion gift to Egypt with 1 billion funneled to the Muslim Brotherhood, No oil pipe, corruption at the IRS, free guns tonMexican drug lords, three dead in Benghazi, spying on the press, Iran getting the nuclear bomb, North Korea shooting to Navy ships, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 52,999
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 187,763
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 6 hr joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 69,782
abby may 3-15 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]