Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
835,941 - 835,960 of 1,100,106 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910379 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter son? Is this the only level you can compete on?
pity.....
Yeah deranged democrat
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910380 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Report: Lois Lerner Placed On Administrative Leave
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
should have gotten rid of that Bush appointee a long time ago.
Obama's IRS will be obama's undoing with deep shit on the horizon for obama you idiot and all you can do is rag on Bush and look like an idiot you moron..

The Obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching their ignorance in action...

Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future. IRS anyone?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#910381 May 23, 2013
In defense of Obama’s drone war
By Charles Krauthammer

The nation’s vexation over the morality and legality of President Obama’s drone war has produced a salutary but hopelessly confused debate. Three categories of questions are being asked. They must be separated to be clearly understood.

1. By what right does the president order the killing by drone of enemies abroad? What criteria justify assassination?

Answer:(a) imminent threat, under the doctrine of self-defense, and (b) affiliation with al-Qaeda, under the laws of war.

Imminent threat is obvious. If we know a freelance jihadist cell in Yemen is actively plotting an attack, we don’t have to wait until after the fact. Elementary self-defense justifies attacking first.

Al-Qaeda is a different matter. We are in a mutual state of war. Osama bin Laden issued his fatwa declaring war on the United States in 1996; we reciprocated three days after 9/11 with Congress’s Authorization for Use of Military Force — against al-Qaeda and those who harbor and abet it.(Such resolutions are the contemporary equivalent of a declaration of war, as evidenced in the 1991 Persian Gulf War and the 2003 Iraq War.)

Regarding al-Qaeda, therefore, imminence is not required. Its members are legitimate targets, day or night, awake or asleep. Nothing new here. In World War II, we bombed German and Japanese barracks without hesitation.

Unfortunately, Obama’s Justice Department memos justifying the drone attacks are hopelessly muddled. They imply that the sole justification for drone attack is imminent threat — and whereas al-Qaeda is plotting all the time, an al-Qaeda honcho sleeping in his bed is therefore a legitimate target.

Nonsense. Slippery nonsense. It gives the impression of an administration making up criteria to fit the president’s kill list. No need to confuse categories. A sleeping Anwar al-Awlaki could lawfully be snuffed not because of imminence but because he was self-declared al-Qaeda and thus an enemy combatant as defined by congressional resolution and the laws of war.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-02-14...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910382 May 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You pity your own level, son?
Thank you for proving you have a reading comprehension issue, son....

... and for clearly showing the problem you're afflicted with.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#910383 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter son? Is this the only level you can compete on?
pity.....
Kid, you just got sonned. Lol
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910384 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah deranged democrat
You know? Despite my encouragement, you seem to be slipping down the intelligence scale.

C'mon boy! Buck up!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#910385 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Report: Lois Lerner Placed On Administrative Leave
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
should have gotten rid of that Bush appointee a long time ago.
This is a nonpartisan issue, moron. if you weren't such a zombie, you would realize this is a freedom, abuse of power issue.

Jerk.
SoVeryNotSurpriz ed

Lakewood, NJ

#910386 May 23, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, I am insane!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910387 May 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid, you just got sonned. Lol
wow son. looks like you might present a bigger challenge. but I'll give it a shot if you will!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910388 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's IRS will be obama's undoing with deep shit on the horizon for obama you idiot and all you can do is rag on Bush and look like an idiot you moron..
The Obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching their ignorance in action...
Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future. IRS anyone?
Here's a suggestion for you son.

Instead of posting the whole thing, you can just post 'ditto.'

That should save you a lot of typing time!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#910389 May 23, 2013
As Neocons Defend Obama, Allies Doubt Him on Drones as Never Before

John Bolton, former ambassador to the UN, says the drone program "appears to be consistent with the policies of the Bush administration," in which he served. Max Boot of Commentary insists Obama's drone memo is a "careful, responsible document." I'd half expect John Yoo to start praising Obama if he weren't busy "turning away in disgust" at the McRib's disappearance from his local McDonald's.

Dick Cheney has yet to comment.

Meanwhile, Obama is taking more criticism than usual from normally friendly quarters. The Huffington Post, a sprawling landscape of content, has published criticism of the president on many occasions, but I don't know that I've ever seen its home page go after him like this:.....

It took until President George W. Bush's second term for the press to become sufficiently adversarial in the realm of foreign policy, where journalists parroted misinformation and implausible arguments for some years and too frequently gave officials the benefit of the doubt. I hope the Huffington Post's tough treatment is remembered as one of the moments when the press stopped trusting Obama too much.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
SoVeryNotSurpriz ed

Lakewood, NJ

#910390 May 23, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL of them are me, and I'm too stupid to be ashamed!! Remember:
"I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910391 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a suggestion for you son.
Instead of posting the whole thing, you can just post 'ditto.'
That should save you a lot of typing time!
Like most liberals, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, then you become an idiot..

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#910392 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He took an oath to protect the Constitution, which protects the American people.
In that Constitution Obama swore to obey, it states that the ONLY way the government can kill anyone inside the boundary or authority of the Constitution is through due process of law.
The Constitution doesn't mince words in the 5th Amendment. It's very straight-forward. The government cannot kill anyone inside the boundary of authority of the Constitution without due process of law.
Just what don't you understand about that?
And, why did Obama not know that, considering that he pretends to be a constitutional lawyer.
Police are government people & kill people all the tome you f*cking idiot.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910393 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Like most liberals, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, then you become an idiot..
As I told you before my little peach, since you only offer your opinion there's nothing to refute. So no evidence for anything is needed.

You can have all the opinions you want. They're free, cost nothing and is only of any value to you. And that's the extent of your reality.

You're an idiot for mixing it up for anything more.

Too bad. If you were more mentally mature, you would understand!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#910394 May 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a nonpartisan issue, moron. if you weren't such a zombie, you would realize this is a freedom, abuse of power issue.
Jerk.
i'm just so sure no one will ever bring up the fact that she donated to Romney's campaign fund.

not so nonpartisan eh? so why do you think she's in this position? because she thought that the Tea Party was hurting Mitt? or maybe because she was tired of seeing nutjobs spouting far right nonsense about most everything and it was hurting the GOP?

and was it nonpartisan when Bush had nearly every government agency, that could, go after liberals? or am i overstepping by actually remembering past history? bad habit of mine, but i just can't seem to avoid it every time i search for justified comparisons to past administrations. maybe you wingnuts should start pushing for a law to make an internet search with the terms 'Bush did it to' illegal; and those pesky history books will need a Texas style makeover, but hey, a new cause for the right wing nutjobs is always good for FOX ratings.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#910395 May 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Police are government people & kill people all the tome you f*cking idiot.
Translation:

I have no clue what I'm talking about, but because I'm a f*cking idiot, I'm OK with Obama violating any rule, law or the constitution.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#910396 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just so sure no one will ever bring up the fact that she donated to Romney's campaign fund.
not so nonpartisan eh? so why do you think she's in this position? because she thought that the Tea Party was hurting Mitt? or maybe because she was tired of seeing nutjobs spouting far right nonsense about most everything and it was hurting the GOP?
and was it nonpartisan when Bush had nearly every government agency, that could, go after liberals? or am i overstepping by actually remembering past history? bad habit of mine, but i just can't seem to avoid it every time i search for justified comparisons to past administrations. maybe you wingnuts should start pushing for a law to make an internet search with the terms 'Bush did it to' illegal; and those pesky history books will need a Texas style makeover, but hey, a new cause for the right wing nutjobs is always good for FOX ratings.
WTF are you babbling about, airheads? Let's try again.

Jerk.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#910397 May 23, 2013
10 Examples of Bush and the Republicans Using Government Power to Target Critics

They say two wrongs don't make a right, but ignoring one of those wrongs while vilifying the other is intellectually dishonest and violently hypocritical, among other things. And certainly that's the case surrounding news that the IRS targeted tea-party groups as a means of determining and verifying their tax-exempt status has resurrected a familiar debate about government overreach and abuse of power.

As of right now, it's unknown whether the IRS was acting on the behalf of the Obama White House. What we do know, however, is that it's not the first time something like this has happened. And we know that the lock-step party, the Republicans, spent eight years defending, applauding and enabling Bush abuses on this front, while subsequently cheerleading the congressional Republicans as they carry forward the politics of intimidation and government overreach into the Obama era.

Let's begin there. The congressional Republicans are outraged by the IRS story, but they haven't been able to scramble to the floor of the House quickly enough to target left-leaning groups. Yes, the following list contains some forgotten history from the Bush years, but the first three items are quite new and ongoing.

1. Planned Parenthood. After a hoax video was produced by James O'Keefe and released by a professional clown-wrangler, the late Andrew Breitbart, the Republican Party has engaged in a years-long effort to strip the organization, which offers cancer screenings and other affordable medical services for women, of critical funding from the government. The votes in the House as well as in state legislatures from Arizona to New Jersey to Texas and New Hampshire -- to the tune of at least $60 million -- are nothing more than assault against a political enemy.

2. ACORN. The government attack on ACORN, traditionally a left-leaning organization, might be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. As with Planned Parenthood, the Republican inquisition against ACORN was nothing more than a politically motivated witch hunt based on, once again, a selectively-edited prank video by a scam artist, O'Keefe, who's been convicted of wiretapping a sitting U.S. Senator and forced in court to pay $100,000 in restitution to a fired ACORN employee. Yet the entire Republican congressional delegation lined up behind Breitbart and O'Keefe and destroyed ACORN, which entirely shut down in 2010. But that hasn't stopped the Republicans from continuing to vote on at least several occasions to defund the nonexistent group. In fact, last week the chairman House Appropriations Committee Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) introduced a section into a spending bill that reads: "None of the funds made available in this Act may be distributed to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) or its subsidiaries or successors."

3. Voter ID Laws and Voter Purges. Whether it's Governor Rick Scott of Florida purging voter rolls of minority voters who are likely to vote for Democratic candidates or states like Georgia, Indiana, Kansas and Tennessee passing restrictive Voter ID laws, the Republicans are making sure that fewer and fewer Democrats will be able to freely cast a ballot -- our most sacred right as citizens in a representative democracy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/10-ex...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#910398 May 23, 2013

Democrats Were Targets in Inquiries, Panel Is Told

Richard L. Thornburgh, attorney general in the Reagan and first Bush administrations, charged Tuesday that political reasons motivated the Justice Department to open corruption investigations against Democrats in Mr. Thornburgh’s home state, Pennsylvania.

In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, Mr. Thornburgh became the first former Republican attorney general to join with Democratic lawmakers to suggest that the Justice Department under Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales had singled out Democratic politicians for prosecution.

“The citizens of the United States must have confidence that the department is conducting itself in a fair and impartial manner without actual political influence or the appearance of political influence,” said Mr. Thornburgh, who is now in private practice. He is defending the former elected Democratic coroner of Allegheny County, Pa., against federal corruption charges.“Unfortunately that may no longer be the case.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/washington/... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 11 min RJS 7,747
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min danetoo 68,365
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 68,968
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,367
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min BoDidHe 49,474
check out this chicago video 1 hr KingThad 1
Amy 8-29 2 hr Kuuipo 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,929
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE