Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
835,881 - 835,900 of 1,102,034 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910287 May 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks should be allowed to fail.
However, the concept that the government would "kill outright" any business is chilling, but likely with a Fascist Obama government.
Oh gee whiz son.

Romney did it for profit.

He didn't need government to help him!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#910288 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> In peacetime; not under conditions of war.[Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:
[Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; ][THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM
The President has broad constitutional power to take military action in response to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. Congress has acknowledged this inherent executive power in both the War Powers Resolution and the Joint Resolution passed by Congress on September 14, 2001.
....] www.justice.gov/olc/warpowers925.htm&#820... ;
You confuse "constitutional authority" with "legal authority". A constitutional authority is that written in the Constitution. A legal authority is that written in a law. All laws are subordinate to the Constitution.
The laws you reference do not give any constitutional authority to the president. Only the Constitution gives constitutional authority to the president. And all laws are subordinate to the Constitution. When in conflict, the Constitution is always right.
Anyone who knows how the government works would know that.
So, now, the Democrat party line is Congress declared war.
Ok, let's just ignore that your biggest complaint used to be Congress never declared a war.
Do you even know what "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" are?
And, if you noticed, it says "Congress has the authority...." I'm assuming you know the difference between Congress and the President.
Let's state something that should be obvious. The framers of the Constitution were well aware of organized terrorism within the borders of the country, having experienced it. They wrote the Constitution with that experience being a significant influence. With that in mind, in the Bill of Rights, they specifically cite when conditions of war supercede the individual right.
Let's read the 5th Amendment again:
"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
The 5th Amendment applies universally in all conditions for everyone within the boundary of authority of the Constitution except where the 5th Amendment says it doesn't apply:
"except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger"
What this means is, first, the exception applies ONLY WITHIN THE MILITARY OR MILITIA, and second, ONLY DURING A WAR or public danger.
It's important to understand this point very, very clearly.
THE EXCEPTION REFERENCED IN THE 5TH AMENDMENT NEVER APPLIES TO ANYONE NOT IN ACTIVE MILITARY SERVICE.
Anyone who can read and understand the written English language will know this after reading it.
And, legislation is subordinate to the Constitution. If any legislation conflicts with the Constitution, the Constitution is right.
Your explanation conflicts with the Constitution.
So, which is right, what you wrote or the Constitution?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910289 May 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> O'bama corrupted the election-that's how he won. The last election was no better than third world countries.
Riiight. The fact that Romney alienated 47% of the population had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think he alienated more than 50%. Which tells you where his chances of being elected went.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910290 May 23, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
North Korea soon to send a missile to your island, thanks to your man-child Muslim "my Muslim faith" Barrack Benghazi Obama.
And you will blame Bush, goofball!
I pray and hope that when you see the missiles raining down on you, you will remember this post!
and you will miss Bush!
Really? Then you'd better tell that to the generals and admirals who have a different opinion son.

Show them your military prowess. I'm sure they'll take it fwiw...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910291 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you are a pedophile, you are a pedophile. Thanks for admitting it.
Now off to jail with you!
Like most liberals, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, then you invent idiot...

Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future for undoing obama... IRS anyone?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910292 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Fast & Furious, Benghazi, IRS, AP phone spying, Solindra, terrorism as work place incidents, 9.5% unemployment, 4 million more in food stamp, 75% house value lost, 6 more trillion to the national debt, etc.
Yes, we got the "better" deal, because we got a Liberal in the White House, right?
Yes, we
lol! I think you're trying to say something, but keep stumbling over your own thoughts.
WAKE THE HELL UP USA

Davenport, IA

#910293 May 23, 2013

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO WAKE UP THE PEOPLE THAT
VOTED FOR NO HOPE AND CHANGE FOR HELL ON EARTH?
WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE THAT VOTED AND SUPPORT OBAMA??????????

Published on Feb 7, 2013

"The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday. "That's going to be very, very powerful," Waters said. "That database will have information about everything on every individual on ways that it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They're going to go down with that database and the concerns of those people because they can't get around it. And he's [President Obama] been very smart. It's very powerful what he's leaving in place."

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#910294 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Hell Obama bin Lying doesn't know what the hell is going on anyway you retard. Or so he claims. The obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching their ignorance in action...

The IRS scandal will be obama's undoing with deep shit on the horizon for obama you idiot....
Reading your nonsensical ramblings is all the evidence I need to conclude that whatever position on an issue you advocate, the opposing position is the correct one.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910295 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
"Punish our enemies." Obama wasn't talking about terrorists.
Good thing you're on his friendly side. Must be nice.
Fact is, you and Obama could care less about the rest of us who refuse to fall in line like good little liberal soldiers.
lol! No, you simply fall in line with your political views. "...Fact is, you could care less about the rest of us who refuse to fall in line like good little liberal soldiers..."

wow.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910296 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a problem there. According to the Constitution, the federal government cannot just assume the state and local government doesn't exist, even when they collapse.
Bush released all assets to the state 2 whole days before the storm hit.
The city government collapsed the day before the storm hit and abandoned everyone in the city.
The state government collapsed when the storm came ashore.
There was no functioning sanity at any level of government in the city of New Orleans or the capital of Baton Rouge. And, EVERYTHING the federal government had at its disposal for emergency use had been released to the state government 2 days before the storm hit, and one day before the city government of New Orleans collapsed.
I can just imagine the media frenzy if Bush had just ignored the Constitution and pretended the city and state governments didn't exist.
By the way, how many hundreds of thousands of FEMA trailers sat idle in storage while everyone was homeless after Sandy?
The so-called 'collapse of local and state authority' that you claimed sure did not deter the hundreds of volunteers from local Churches and relief agencies that came in, immediately after Katrina struck, on the wheels of Anderson Cooper and the CNN news trucks.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910299 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how my comprehension is. The question was what did Bush do that caused you to conlcude he was a terrible president. Your answer was "he didn't do anything good".
Let's assume Bush actually did something. And, let's consider your answer "nothing good". Therefore, Bush did something that caused you to label him a terrible president.
Once again. What was it that Bush did that caused you to think he was a terrible president?
Stop dodging, boy. Answer the question.
Well let's see... he let America and Americans get attacked?

Does that work for you son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910301 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's the lie you liberals have been fed enough times and now you believe you're entitled to authority.
You're entitled only to your opinions.
Just like the rest of us.
lol! No son, that's your claim. Like the good little soldier that you are.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910302 May 23, 2013
Liberals to lynch Bush for even considering to use drones against civilians.
Liberals happy that Obama uses drones to kill Americans.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.
Well, his boy Cheney thought about using American troops to arrest Americans son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910303 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that policy apply to only American citizens?
Why does Obama have no problem droning an American who joined the enemy but wants to try all other foreign terrorists in our courts? Ass backwards, don't you think?
And, just how do you reconcile the fact that Obama promised the Taliban would be part of the future government of Afghanistan, while at the same time pretending to be at war with them?
Son, you obviously don't have a position.

You simply demand others defend theirs.

You're even weaker than I thought!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#910304 May 23, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How is that flaming case of crotch rot working out for ya fake ass teacher , I hope that little bundle of revenue you shit out from between your legs contracts rickets ,scurvey and sicle cell .
If possible, you get dumber and more disgusting by the day.(1)My child is legitamate (2)My child is white (3)Rickets is due to a vitamin deficiency (as is "scurvey" correctly spell scurvy) from which my child will never suffer, and (4) today the average life span of a person in an advanced society suffering sickle cell is 80. Why don't you out and kill some more oyster fishermen, Dex?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910306 May 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
for leos...I asked why Progressives find killing US citizens using drones without the benefit of a trial is okay?
Ah! It's not so much killing Americans that bothers you idiots so much as it's a drone that does it!

I'm sure you believe there's some sort of 'common sense' here, but I'm sure you're not able to find it either.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910309 May 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Documentation?
Were these American citizens or German citizens?
Before or after the US entered the war?
Makes a difference.
Why? We had Americans flying P-40's for the Chinese BEFORE was was declared.

What's your point son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910311 May 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Documentation?
Were these American citizens or German citizens?
Before or after the US entered the war?
Makes a difference.
In fact, we had Americans flying for the British prior to 12/7/41.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910312 May 23, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your nonsensical ramblings is all the evidence I need to conclude that whatever position on an issue you advocate, the opposing position is the correct one.
Most Americans Believe Obama bin Lying is Covering Up IRS Scandal

A majority of Americans have clearly indicated that they believe the IRS intentionally targeted Tea Party groups. In a Washington Post/ABC News poll released Tuesday, 56 percent said they believe increased IRS scrutiny on conservative groups was deliberate, with only 31 percent saying they believed it was an “administrative mistake.”

In addition, 74 percent, described the tactics as inappropriate, with 51 percent saying they feel actions are criminal. Just 20 percent said they felt the IRS actions were appropriate, with 44 percent believing the agency acted within the law.

More Americans also believe that the Obama administration is attempting to cover up the scandal, with 45 percent suggesting that the White House has not disclosed all the facts, compared to 42 percent who say they trust the government on the matter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/...

Or so he claims. The obama bin Lying administration knowing nothing is more terrible than watching their ignorance in action...

Funny how recent history always manages to shape obama's near future. IRS anyone?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910315 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He took an oath to protect the Constitution, which protects the American people.
In that Constitution Obama swore to obey, it states that the ONLY way the government can kill anyone inside the boundary or authority of the Constitution is through due process of law.
The Constitution doesn't mince words in the 5th Amendment. It's very straight-forward. The government cannot kill anyone inside the boundary of authority of the Constitution without due process of law.
Just what don't you understand about that?
And, why did Obama not know that, considering that he pretends to be a constitutional lawyer.
Tell me something son... how does the Constitution protect American citizens overseas on foreign soil?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,669
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,264
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search