Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#910471 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
All I complain about is the double standard and the hypocrisy by the left when it comes to Obama's acceleration of drones.
If the same number of innocents were killed in the crossfire under a Bush accelerated drone program, the screaming by the liberal media would be deafening.
But we can hear a pin drop.
I haven't heard the pin drop yet but what I HAVE heard drop is all pretense of fair, balanced and neutral reporting by Liberal Media Cheerleading outlets.

Lapeer, MI

#910472 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Except; if you hadn't artificially widened the Mississippi River and deepened it so Governor Huey Long could make a fortune taxing the ship owners every time they came and went up past Baton Rouge and destroyed the natural wetlands , in the process,around New Orleans( the natural wetlands just happened to better protect the city from storm surges then any man-made levees ) you wouldn't be in the climate mess you're in now. Greed+Too Much Growth= Climate Disaster.
There is enough blame to go around for past mistakes but, as a good friend of mine once said, the definition of insanity is to keep repeating mistakes while hoping for a better result the next time around.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910473 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, isn't that funny? Leosnana rants about wishing me ill health and insults my family because I typed "advise" instead of "advice" and then misspells "legitamate" in her next post.
That leosnana is such a character.
leos is a bitter woman whose only claim to having any knowledge was being English language expert than she turned around and proved she really knew jack about that repeatedly in the last 24 hours.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910474 May 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh a libidiot is finally figuring out we have some civil CODEs we follow in this nation!
Now, let's see if an idotlibtard can figure out how the 9/11 ATTACK on America-DIFFERS from America just hopping on over to oh...say...LIBYA.
Try not to hurt your peabrain cell.
For one, we DIDN"T HOP anywhere 'over to Libya'--no U S troop deployments in the Libyan civil war to remove Quadhafi--the U S only provided limited air support and Intelligence information to our European allies, the Arab League, U. N. and the Libyan prime minister's government.And with the U S Congress having been fully informed and in agreement with the U S actions.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#910475 May 23, 2013
whoo hoo
Yeah ...???

ya been to the trayvon forum ... YET?

Left ya a lil tidbit :)

Lapeer, MI

#910476 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> You claim Obama has to read from a teleprompter ,but you're too damn lazy to clean out your ears and listen to what he said . You must be the crazy woman heckler who shouted to President Obama why he won't close Gitmo or explain why three Americans were killed by targeted drone strikes. If she, like you , would have been as tolerant as the President to hear him out then you know that the President agreed with you and patiently had explained both your questions. You'd also know that ,in fact, drone strikes have sharply dropped in the past year as Obama's transition out of Afghanistan for U S troops and the end of the war is completed by the end of the year 2013.( That's the year that you're living in now) But, oh yes, republicans don't like pesky 'facts' getting in the way of their delusional memes.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The time has passed for listening patiently to a Community Organizer well known for his falsehoods. Recall when Jason had himself lashed to the mainsail while his shipmates all had wax poured into their ears? It's time for the wax folks. The Siren Song eerily screeching from the mouth of the Magic Negro is something out of a Stephen King novel.

I'm not waiting for "shame on me". I'm outta here and so are millions of other well-meaning Americans. Let the Boy Messiah make a new home for himself in Benghazi - he deserves it.
proud2bwhite

Indianapolis, IN

#910477 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>Except; if you hadn't artificially widened the Mississippi River and deepened it so Governor Huey Long could make a fortune taxing the ship owners every time they came and went up past Baton Rouge and destroyed the natural wetlands , in the process,around New Orleans( the natural wetlands just happened to better protect the city from storm surges then any man-made levees ) you wouldn't be in the climate mess you're in now. Greed+Too Much Growth= Climate Disaster.
let's see if I got this right. In the libtarded mind, if it rains its global warming,if it doesn't rain its global warming,if it snows its global warming, if it doesn't snow its global warming, if the wind blows its global warming, if there's no wind its global warming,if its hot its global warming,if its cold its global warming,and any other problems are Bush's fault.
Did I leave anything out?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#910478 May 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, are you really this dumb.
Cost savings efforts are not looking at cutting benefits.
Not benefits. Not affording expensive treatments and procedures by paying physicians to advise end-of-life decisions and/or hospice instead.

Should that be the government's role?

Should health care be the government's/IRS's role?

The government is so overbloated now it's out of control already.

Orlando, FL

#910479 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> You claim Obama has to read from a teleprompter ,but you're too damn lazy to clean out your ears and listen to what he said . You must be the crazy woman heckler who shouted to President Obama why he won't close Gitmo or explain why three Americans were killed by targeted drone strikes. If she, like you , would have been as tolerant as the President to hear him out then you know that the President agreed with you and patiently had explained both your questions. You'd also know that ,in fact, drone strikes have sharply dropped in the past year as Obama's transition out of Afghanistan for U S troops and the end of the war is completed by the end of the year 2013.( That's the year that you're living in now) But, oh yes, republicans don't like pesky 'facts' getting in the way of their delusional memes.
Obama's speech today was longer than his State of the Union Address and he didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

It was a strategy to keep Americans distracted and from talking about all the scandals this Memorial weekend.

It's not about the drones. It's about the deafening silence coming from the left and the liberal media about the drones.

Lapeer, MI

#910480 May 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
leos is a bitter woman whose only claim to having any knowledge was being English language expert than she turned around and proved she really knew jack about that repeatedly in the last 24 hours.
The internet allows people the chance to project themselves upon others as something that they are not. leos is a prime example.

In my case, I'm sitting here in my Liberace Bathrobe, Flashlight Bunny Slippers and Groucho Marx spectacles with one digit in each nostril.

And you thought I was cool.....like frontporchdepilatory...

Orlando, FL

#910481 May 23, 2013
Obama has been saying the same thing for almost five years.

The only thing that's changed is the buck apparently DOESN'T stop with him.

He couldn't say "I" enough when it came to doing what any sitting president would have done after all the years of hard work finding bin Laden in taking the credit.

But he doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything else.

Nor does he seem to know anything about anything else.

Obama is going to have to fire a number of top officials close to him next week if he's going to have a chance in heck of surviving the IRS and DOJ targeting scandals.

He's also going to have to do some major housecleaning within the IRS and DOJ to even try and restore some trust in this government.

But I doubt he will do any of those things. If he does, it will at least be an act of leadership...for a change.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#910482 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of shit... Jim Crow FDR ain't no Republican you idiot neither is JFK and Joh Kerry you ignorant fool... LOL... Blame someone else because you are a deranged idiot..LOL.. That's democrat...
Ronald Reagan was a Democrat prior and casted his votes for FDR every time and in the 1960's is when Pseudo Liberal Ronald Reagan became a Republican which a lot the Pseudo Liberal Democrats that did and crossed over into the Republican party which the Conservatives in the 1960's disagreed with their beliefs label Reagan and those other former Democrats as Neo Cons because they still held to the beliefs of FDR's Pseudo Liberalism but did not agree with the New Left Democrats version of Pseudo Liberalism who took over the Democrat Party in the 1960's.

Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style

Reagan was a New Deal Democrat. He joked that he had probably become a Democrat by birth, given that his father, Jack, was so devoted to the Democratic Party. The younger Reagan cast his first presidential vote in 1932 for Franklin Roosevelt, and did so again in the succeeding three presidential contests. His faith in FDR remained undimmed even after World War II, when he called himself “a New Dealer to the core.” He summarized his views in this way:“I thought government could solve all our postwar problems just as it had ended the Depression and won the war. I didn’t trust big business. I thought government, not private companies, should own our big public utilities; if there wasn’t enough housing to shelter the American people, I thought government should build it; if we needed better medical care, the answer was socialized medicine.” When his brother, Moon, became a Republican and argued with his sibling, the younger Reagan concluded “he was just spouting Republican propaganda.”

http://www.firstprinciplesjournal.com/print.a...

Lapeer, MI

#910483 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's speech today was longer than his State of the Union Address and he didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.
It was a strategy to keep Americans distracted and from talking about all the scandals this Memorial weekend.
It's not about the drones. It's about the deafening silence coming from the left and the liberal media about the drones.
If you've been caught punishing your enemies and stroking your friends, if Muslims are butchering people in public again and if your credibility is showing signs of breaking apart....give a speech and try to look Presidential even though you couldn't coach a Little League Team.

Too bad that woman in the audience took away from his game, eh? Did you see the eyes? The eyes! The Magic Negro looked like a lawn ornament there for a few minutes.

Orlando, FL

#910484 May 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard the pin drop yet but what I HAVE heard drop is all pretense of fair, balanced and neutral reporting by Liberal Media Cheerleading outlets.
Not sure what it's going to take. Things couldn't be much worse than Americans be targeted as enemies because they don't support this administration or want smaller government and less taxes.

Or fellow journalists being targeted by the Department of Justice for just doing their jobs.

The irony is that this administration did more leaking about the capture of bin Laden than any reporter gathering information for a news story.

The IRS scandal is just beginning and more information is starting to emerge about Fox News and Fox journalists being targeted. The exact breaking point for the liberal media is yet to be seen.

Lapeer, MI

#910485 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has been saying the same thing for almost five years.
The only thing that's changed is the buck apparently DOESN'T stop with him.
He couldn't say "I" enough when it came to doing what any sitting president would have done after all the years of hard work finding bin Laden in taking the credit.
But he doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything else.
Nor does he seem to know anything about anything else.
Obama is going to have to fire a number of top officials close to him next week if he's going to have a chance in heck of surviving the IRS and DOJ targeting scandals.
He's also going to have to do some major housecleaning within the IRS and DOJ to even try and restore some trust in this government.
But I doubt he will do any of those things. If he does, it will at least be an act of leadership...for a change.
The only act of leadership this boob is capable of is leading from behind. He is so "after the fact" that he's hilarious.

He's like a cheap SNL Douglas MacArthur leaving the Philippine Islands and saying "I hope I will return if Valerie let's me. It's her fault, you know...my leaving..If Eric Holder had just pushed me a little harder I could have won here, you know...I read it in the paper ...just like you guys...the Japs are coming.."

He's become a caricature of himself.

Orlando, FL

#910486 May 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've been caught punishing your enemies and stroking your friends, if Muslims are butchering people in public again and if your credibility is showing signs of breaking apart....give a speech and try to look Presidential even though you couldn't coach a Little League Team.
Too bad that woman in the audience took away from his game, eh? Did you see the eyes? The eyes! The Magic Negro looked like a lawn ornament there for a few minutes.
The only "sideshow" is his tap dancing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#910487 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> In peacetime; not under conditions of war.[Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:
[Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; ][THE PRESIDENT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT MILITARY OPERATIONS AGAINST TERRORISTS AND NATIONS SUPPORTING THEM
The President has broad constitutional power to take military action in response to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. Congress has acknowledged this inherent executive power in both the War Powers Resolution and the Joint Resolution passed by Congress on September 14, 2001.
The President has constitutional power not only to retaliate against any person, organization, or State suspected of involvement in terrorist attacks on the United States, but also against foreign States suspected of harboring or supporting such organizations.
The President may deploy military force preemptively against terrorist organizations or the States that harbor or support them, whether or not they can be linked to the specific terrorist incidents of September 11.] www.justice.gov/olc/warpowers925.htm&#820... ;
The stuff you put in caps about the President is not in the Constitution. Congress has the sole authority to declare war.

The Constitutionality of the War Powers Act of 1973 has never been tested in court.

The rest of your post is pure, unadulterated horsecrap.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#910488 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
New York Times article last month verified this!
Breezy Point, however, has a lot of political clout because the residents are primarily active and retired NYPD and NYFD.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#910489 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
New York Times article last month verified this!
Thanks, Patrick, but we don't need the New York Times to verify what anybody familiar with the area knows by virtue of having been there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#910490 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh gee whiz son.
Romney did it for profit.
He didn't need government to help him!
Companies buy other companies and shut down the unprofitable portions every day.

For some companies, like Hostess Bakeries, the brand name and products are the only valuable assets. The physical facilities and employee contracts are liabilities that are larger than the assets.

Hence, bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 51 min Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Some Valid Points 2 hr Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 3 hr GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 4 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 5 hr Silk 81
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago