Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#910455 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter son? Is this the only level you can compete on?
pity.....
"yuck"
There is no level, boy, you are able to compete on.
Peace
KMA

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910456 May 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Leggs, you might be interested to know we got nutculur to admit last night that he's actually a woman. I have no idea at what stage he is in the "transgendering process", but that's where he started at least....:-)
Fenris ought to share with shinningelectrOn and no surprize a suite at the Motel 3(you guys can't afford a Motel 6 and pay for your methamphetamine )--you yokels are already joined at the same brain stem .

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#910457 May 23, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one the of ditto heads can tell us how many Oxys you need to eat to make Limbaugh interesting?
What....to many big words?

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#910458 May 23, 2013
too

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#910459 May 23, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb carol, ol' biddy batty loo, still can't master the difference between advice and advise...must be something about all those diabetes 2 mini-strokes. You, I'm sure, want to spend as much money that other people contributed to your end-of-(miserable)life as possible while putting your mythical family members through hell. Make sure you have a couple of hip replacements while you're comatose in the hospital with a terminal case of gangrene...
You wrote all that but didn't answer the intended question?

So I'll ask again.

If you were in the business of cutting costs, a.k.a. Obamacare, would you pay someone to offer "advice" on increasing the costs, a.k.a. end-of-life decisions?

Orlando, FL

#910461 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does you will still whine and complain.
All I complain about is the double standard and the hypocrisy by the left when it comes to Obama's acceleration of drones.

If the same number of innocents were killed in the crossfire under a Bush accelerated drone program, the screaming by the liberal media would be deafening.

But we can hear a pin drop.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910462 May 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens keep building on flood plains, on eroding shorelines, in the path of reoccurring hurricanes, inside of Tornado Alleys, on the sides of hills known for their mudslides......and the American taxpayer keeps on paying for their stupidity while CNN keeps filming their suffering. It sells.
New Orleans sits below sea level and we keep fixing those damned levies and pumps so that the ho's can keep plying their trade on Bourbon Street and the rats don't have to wear Life Vests. New Orleans should have been given back to the fish and the alligators 100 years ago.
Anyone who chooses to live in harm's way should shoulder the exorbitant insurance and Search & Rescue costs or get the hell out.
Except; if you hadn't artificially widened the Mississippi River and deepened it so Governor Huey Long could make a fortune taxing the ship owners every time they came and went up past Baton Rouge and destroyed the natural wetlands , in the process,around New Orleans( the natural wetlands just happened to better protect the city from storm surges then any man-made levees ) you wouldn't be in the climate mess you're in now. Greed+Too Much Growth= Climate Disaster.

Orlando, FL

#910463 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"He only drones Americans."
documentation?
Anwar al-Aulaqi. An American citizen who became the enemy.

Three other Americans were killed by drones but not by targeting like that one.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#910464 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry dem. Fenris is dry bob.Fenris is incontinent like a rhesus monkey ,but with half the intelligence and puny arms.
You sure do seem to know Fenris rather intimately.

Did he put a smile on your lips and a song in your chute?

Orlando, FL

#910465 May 23, 2013
WillieLeroyDaShawn wrote:
<quoted text>Fake teacher can't have a legitimate child because fake teacher claims to have a "legitamate" one. Bwhahahahahahaha...Now you be handin' over that illegitimate teaching certificate until you be learnin' how to spell "legitimate" correctly! And you be givin that babydaddy a lickin' or two! Bwhahahahahahahaha...
I know, isn't that funny? Leosnana rants about wishing me ill health and insults my family because I typed "advise" instead of "advice" and then misspells "legitamate" in her next post.

That leosnana is such a character.

Lapeer, MI

#910466 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> Fenris ought to share with shinningelectrOn and no surprize a suite at the Motel 3(you guys can't afford a Motel 6 and pay for your methamphetamine )--you yokels are already joined at the same brain stem .
You haven't used Motels in years. Too expensive for someone performing cheap tricks.

Like the time you made love to a Parking Meter for a full hour.

...and then got fined because it was Expired all during your Pogo-Stick rendition.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910468 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
All I complain about is the double standard and the hypocrisy by the left when it comes to Obama's acceleration of drones.
If the same number of innocents were killed in the crossfire under a Bush accelerated drone program, the screaming by the liberal media would be deafening.
You claim Obama has to read from a teleprompter ,but you're too damn lazy to clean out your ears and listen to what he said . You must be the crazy woman heckler who shouted to President Obama why he won't close Gitmo or explain why three Americans were killed by targeted drone strikes. If she, like you , would have been as tolerant as the President to hear him out then you know that the President agreed with you and patiently had explained both your questions. You'd also know that ,in fact, drone strikes have sharply dropped in the past year as Obama's transition out of Afghanistan for U S troops and the end of the war is completed by the end of the year 2013.( That's the year that you're living in now) But, oh yes, republicans don't like pesky 'facts' getting in the way of their delusional memes.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910469 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just so sure no one will ever bring up the fact that she donated to Romney's campaign fund.
not so nonpartisan eh? so why do you think she's in this position? because she thought that the Tea Party was hurting Mitt? or maybe because she was tired of seeing nutjobs spouting far right nonsense about most everything and it was hurting the GOP?
and was it nonpartisan when Bush had nearly every government agency, that could, go after liberals? or am i overstepping by actually remembering past history? bad habit of mine, but i just can't seem to avoid it every time i search for justified comparisons to past administrations. maybe you wingnuts should start pushing for a law to make an internet search with the terms 'Bush did it to' illegal; and those pesky history books will need a Texas style makeover, but hey, a new cause for the right wing nutjobs is always good for FOX ratings.
Haven't found anything that verifies your claims; however, this is from Politico talking about her lawyer.

"Taylor has been involved in several high-profile cases in recent years, including the defense of former IMF President Dominique Strauss-Kahn against criminal assault charges and leading the team that obtained dismissal of claims against former NYSE official and Home Depot co-founder Kenneth Langone, according to the website of his firm, Zuckerman Spaeder.

He has given over $100,000 to Democratic candidates and causes over the years, according to Federal Election Commission records. Taylor donated $57,000 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008 and $10,000 to the Obama Victory Fund 2012 last year."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/lois-le...

Orlando, FL

#910470 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why you can't stand up for yourself, son?
You still have a lot to learn, pipsqueak.

Lapeer, MI

#910471 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard the pin drop yet but what I HAVE heard drop is all pretense of fair, balanced and neutral reporting by Liberal Media Cheerleading outlets.

Lapeer, MI

#910472 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>Except; if you hadn't artificially widened the Mississippi River and deepened it so Governor Huey Long could make a fortune taxing the ship owners every time they came and went up past Baton Rouge and destroyed the natural wetlands , in the process,around New Orleans( the natural wetlands just happened to better protect the city from storm surges then any man-made levees ) you wouldn't be in the climate mess you're in now. Greed+Too Much Growth= Climate Disaster.
There is enough blame to go around for past mistakes but, as a good friend of mine once said, the definition of insanity is to keep repeating mistakes while hoping for a better result the next time around.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910473 May 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, isn't that funny? Leosnana rants about wishing me ill health and insults my family because I typed "advise" instead of "advice" and then misspells "legitamate" in her next post.
That leosnana is such a character.
leos is a bitter woman whose only claim to having any knowledge was being English language expert than she turned around and proved she really knew jack about that repeatedly in the last 24 hours.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#910474 May 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh a libidiot is finally figuring out we have some civil CODEs we follow in this nation!
Now, let's see if an idotlibtard can figure out how the 9/11 ATTACK on America-DIFFERS from America just hopping on over to oh...say...LIBYA.
Try not to hurt your peabrain cell.
For one, we DIDN"T HOP anywhere 'over to Libya'--no U S troop deployments in the Libyan civil war to remove Quadhafi--the U S only provided limited air support and Intelligence information to our European allies, the Arab League, U. N. and the Libyan prime minister's government.And with the U S Congress having been fully informed and in agreement with the U S actions.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#910475 May 23, 2013
whoo hoo
Yeah ...???

ya been to the trayvon forum ... YET?

Left ya a lil tidbit :)

Lapeer, MI

#910476 May 23, 2013
<quoted text> You claim Obama has to read from a teleprompter ,but you're too damn lazy to clean out your ears and listen to what he said . You must be the crazy woman heckler who shouted to President Obama why he won't close Gitmo or explain why three Americans were killed by targeted drone strikes. If she, like you , would have been as tolerant as the President to hear him out then you know that the President agreed with you and patiently had explained both your questions. You'd also know that ,in fact, drone strikes have sharply dropped in the past year as Obama's transition out of Afghanistan for U S troops and the end of the war is completed by the end of the year 2013.( That's the year that you're living in now) But, oh yes, republicans don't like pesky 'facts' getting in the way of their delusional memes.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The time has passed for listening patiently to a Community Organizer well known for his falsehoods. Recall when Jason had himself lashed to the mainsail while his shipmates all had wax poured into their ears? It's time for the wax folks. The Siren Song eerily screeching from the mouth of the Magic Negro is something out of a Stephen King novel.

I'm not waiting for "shame on me". I'm outta here and so are millions of other well-meaning Americans. Let the Boy Messiah make a new home for himself in Benghazi - he deserves it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Scrutiny 187,836
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min red and right 53,048
News Obama and his Library-to-Be 38 min Whiny larry 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,801
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 7 hr jorgeleone 1
College Scandals 16 hr music 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]