Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910051 May 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans can't stand the NBA because it is BORING!
Very True.. The NBA is boring and predictable too... All about money...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#910052 May 23, 2013
more proof that libs pander to criminals

Safety for criminals
By PETER F. VALLONE JR.

May 22, 2013

Imagine a world in which criminals control our streets, police officers can’t act for fear of being sanctioned by judges, murders skyrocket back to the levels of the early 1990s and schools and libraries are closed because so much of the city’s money is going for lawsuits against the NYPD.

No, it’s not a trailer for the latest bad Tom Cruise movie — it’s the reality New York will face if the City Council passes Introduction 800 of the Community Safety Act.

The better name for it is The Criminal Safety Act — and I believe it’s the most dangerous piece of legislation ever proposed in our city.

I have no problem with parts of it — like the expansion of the categories of protected status, altering the anti-racial-profiling law that I co-wrote with the late Council Member Phil Reed, a civil-rights activist.

But the anti-profiling aspect is being used as a smokescreen to obscure the real change the bill would make — blowing a massive hole in New York City’s budget, ending police work as we know it and placing the NYPD under the control of the judiciary.

The bill would allow any individual who is subject to an action by a police officer that results in a “disparate impact” to file a civil lawsuit against the city, the NYPD or the police officer.

In other words, any male (because men are the subject of police action far more often than women) would have an immediate right to sue in state court if the NYPD takes any action against him (not just stop, question and frisk).

Disparate impact is one of the most harmful theories in the law today, because it asserts that bias is present even though there’s absolutely no evidence of it — e.g., it assumes that unfair bias is the explanation whenever police stop or arrest more “members of a class.”

So the Criminal Safety Act would let literally hundreds of thousands of people sue the city. The costs just to defend against the lawsuits — before allowing for damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs and fees for expert witnesses — would be hundreds of millions of dollars.

But the higher cost would be the lives of countless New Yorkers.

That’s because the bill is written to empower judges to impose RIDICULOUS sanctions against the NYPD — such as issuing orders of protection for gangs against the police department, or telling cops where and when they can patrol. In short, it effectively takes control of the NYPD away from Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

It also practically forces individual cops not to do their jobs — since each could personally be sued under the insane “disparate impact” theory. Multiple officers have already told me that, if this becomes law, they “won’t get out of the car” to avoid being subjected to the whims of judges.

Thanks to the tremendous work of Commissioner Kelly and the NYPD, New York City is the safest big city in America, with murders at the lowest level in recorded history. The Criminal Safety Act would undo all the efforts to improve public safety in the city over the last two decades, prevent the NYPD from doing its job and give New York back over to violent offenders.

So if law-abiding citizens don’t want to end up living in the city depicted in “Escape from New York,” they need to make sure their elected officials vote against Intro. 800. Otherwise, not even Kurt Russell will keep us safe.

Safety for criminals - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910053 May 23, 2013
Bush water boards three known terrorist, but does not kill them- Progressives say very, very bad.

OBama kills four Americans in drone attacks without the benefit of a trial -looney Progressives say very good.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910054 May 23, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a bowl of laughs, for an eight year old.
Maybe you'll be able to do better than me when you reach my age, son. I'm rooting for you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910055 May 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're running away, boy. Don't make me take my belt off.
lol! Son, no one wants to see your pants drop when you take your belt off.

Oh wait! Is this your way of asking for sex?!?!?!?! Wrong place son. You need to go somewhere else.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910056 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to reach you at your level son.
Clearly I haven't gone low enough to match your intelligence! I'll keep trying though. Hope you do the same!
No one believes this nonsense including yourself. Your posts have been deliberately childish and void of any intelligence.

You are dumber than dirt.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910057 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Is it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Liberals??
Not really son.

Since you're lying.

Ander Breivik ring a bell?

If not, that's understandable.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910058 May 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Either you stand with Bush or you stand with the maniac Saddam. I guess we know what side you are on. Liberals loons like you wanted to lose the war because they hated Bush more than they loved this country. You are a classless putz yeah hoo-and then on top of it you pretend to be a soldier. A soldier of what? Islam?
I stand with America son. You stand with zionist draining America dry.

So clearly, you can't be American.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910059 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving you provided even less, but demand more from others son.
Another dumber than dirt response.

What idiot here thought this sock puppet would make the Progressives here appear anything more than moronic.
Lincoln

United States

#910060 May 23, 2013
Sock puppet continues to lie
Jane Says wrote:
more proof that libs pander to criminals
Safety for criminals
By PETER F. VALLONE JR.
May 22, 2013
Imagine a world in which criminals control our streets, police officers can’t act for fear of being sanctioned by judges, murders skyrocket back to the levels of the early 1990s and schools and libraries are closed because so much of the city’s money is going for lawsuits against the NYPD.
No, it’s not a trailer for the latest bad Tom Cruise movie — it’s the reality New York will face if the City Council passes Introduction 800 of the Community Safety Act.
The better name for it is The Criminal Safety Act — and I believe it’s the most dangerous piece of legislation ever proposed in our city.
I have no problem with parts of it — like the expansion of the categories of protected status, altering the anti-racial-profiling law that I co-wrote with the late Council Member Phil Reed, a civil-rights activist.
But the anti-profiling aspect is being used as a smokescreen to obscure the real change the bill would make — blowing a massive hole in New York City’s budget, ending police work as we know it and placing the NYPD under the control of the judiciary.
The bill would allow any individual who is subject to an action by a police officer that results in a “disparate impact” to file a civil lawsuit against the city, the NYPD or the police officer.
In other words, any male (because men are the subject of police action far more often than women) would have an immediate right to sue in state court if the NYPD takes any action against him (not just stop, question and frisk).
Disparate impact is one of the most harmful theories in the law today, because it asserts that bias is present even though there’s absolutely no evidence of it — e.g., it assumes that unfair bias is the explanation whenever police stop or arrest more “members of a class.”
So the Criminal Safety Act would let literally hundreds of thousands of people sue the city. The costs just to defend against the lawsuits — before allowing for damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs and fees for expert witnesses — would be hundreds of millions of dollars.
But the higher cost would be the lives of countless New Yorkers.
That’s because the bill is written to empower judges to impose RIDICULOUS sanctions against the NYPD — such as issuing orders of protection for gangs against the police department, or telling cops where and when they can patrol. In short, it effectively takes control of the NYPD away from Commissioner Raymond Kelly.
It also practically forces individual cops not to do their jobs — since each could personally be sued under the insane “disparate impact” theory. Multiple officers have already told me that, if this becomes law, they “won’t get out of the car” to avoid being subjected to the whims of judges.
Thanks to the tremendous work of Commissioner Kelly and the NYPD, New York City is the safest big city in America, with murders at the lowest level in recorded history. The Criminal Safety Act would undo all the efforts to improve public safety in the city over the last two decades, prevent the NYPD from doing its job and give New York back over to violent offenders.
So if law-abiding citizens don’t want to end up living in the city depicted in “Escape from New York,” they need to make sure their elected officials vote against Intro. 800. Otherwise, not even Kurt Russell will keep us safe.
Safety for criminals - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910061 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I'm sorry. I thought the attack on America and Americans was terrible.
Clearly you and cons have a different opinion on that.
Another dumber than dirt post.

No other sock puppet here makes the Progressives look dumber than this sock puppet -I am loving it!
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#910062 May 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that would've been interesting! The Pacers are a great team, didn't think we would win that game.
lily thinks she plays on a pro basketball team

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#910063 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Very True.. The NBA is boring and predictable too... All about money...
You must be a Magic fan. The game last night was very entertaining.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910064 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, no one wants to see your pants drop when you take your belt off.
Oh wait! Is this your way of asking for sex?!?!?!?! Wrong place son. You need to go somewhere else.
Keep it up. You have shown repeatedly the Progressive ideology creates cretins or maybe attracts them.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910065 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well, not his political career.
My God... NO one else on this thread looks as stupid as you do... LMFAO... Hello!!.. Yeah.... Not even leosnana or lily....
-
Your inbred parents must have given you gaseous trolls to play with or fed you rat shit, telling you they were Raisins or some shit, poison or something when you were growing up??
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910066 May 23, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck getting a straight answer out of that porcupine.
He/she is a sniper troll that sits back and takes pot shots for any kind of response.
You mean just because I won't play by your rules, you get mad?

I know, I know.... facts mean nothing to you people.
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#910067 May 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs kill: your brain is fried
lily still prefers vodka
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#910068 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Sock puppet continues to lie
<quoted text>
WE agree sock puppet you lie... Patrick
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#910069 May 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes this nonsense including yourself. Your posts have been deliberately childish and void of any intelligence.
You are dumber than dirt.
So are yours son.

But hey, if you don't like facts, so be it.

It's your choice.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#910070 May 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not really son.
Since you're lying.
Ander Breivik ring a bell?
If not, that's understandable.
Funnier than hell, you drag out one person. So let's re-word the comment you objected to.

The vast majority of terrorist have been Democrat.

Yeah is an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 43 min andet1987 4,717
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 178,058
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,490
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,675
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Blwlgo 1,928
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 2 hr Weneedchange 154
Amy 9-18 2 hr PEllen 26
Amy 9-16 9 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••