Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,779)

Showing posts 835,561 - 835,580 of1,073,001
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares?
where are all the libs who cared about waterboarding them (NOT KILLING THEM) at Gitmo and wanted Bush and CIA agents prosecuted for war crimes? or did that only matter cause it was during the Bush years.
March Against Obama bin Lying and Monsanto on 5/25..

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/07/1207...

Obama bin Lying: My administration does not torture or waterboard. We kill..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that would've been interesting! The Pacers are a great team, didn't think we would win that game.
"we"???

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke that whoosh over your head.
I contrasted two unlike things using a simile.
"Red hairing" and pun
In other words, no one believed it was a pun including some of your fellow Progressives.
Why are you so slow at figuring out the use of literal devices?
As an American you have the right to STFU and quit putting your idiot status on display for all to ridicule--unfortunately, you just don't have the ability.(BTW, you have totally effed up the term LITERARY devices as LITERAL and LITERALLY in two consecutive posts.) Have a nice fall...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
leosnana's word of the day is 'metaphor'.
She messed up pun, idiom and did not recognize a simple simile so now she zeros in on metaphor.
lily confesses her ignorance, leosnana provides it... One in the same sock puppet...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, they all have this problem with poking the same fungus-riddled toes out of all their dirty Wal-Mart tube socks.(That's a metaphor, BTW, all you illiterate reich-wing lurking losers.)
Got hate?

What other "issues" do you have?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Public opinion is already changing - mostly among Democrats. Republicans knew what was going on a long time ago.

how many people watch FOX every day?

not enough to keep Obama's poll numbers from going up.

so i guess 3 million Republicans in the 'know' don't really count for all that much.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
After blasting Obama two nights in a row, he had to distract his audience somehow. It's how he makes a living. Distracting liberals from the real issues at hand.
It's ironic that in a Politix/Topix poll the majority of conservative voters think that political organizations should not have tax exempt status(repeal of CitizensUnited), but they also think that the IRS should not monitor political groups requesting that 501(c)(4) tax exempt status. See (here)->Check this out: http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6114-should...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It was “a bad week for the White House,” according to the National Journal. USA Today said it was ”one of the most challenging weeks at the White House for the Obama administration.” The Washington Examiner went with ”Obama’s roughest week.” Our colleagues at The Fix dissented a bit: They didn’t think it was Obama’s worst week ever. Just his second-worst week ever.

But if you’ve been watching the polls, well, you wouldn’t know anything has been going wrong at all. You might even think President Obama was having a good week.

Obama was at 49 percent in last week’s Gallup poll. He’s at 49 percent in this week’s Gallup poll. CNN gave Obama even better news. A poll conducted on Friday and Saturday — so, peak scandal days — found the president’s approval rating at 53 percent. That’s a slight increase from their last poll, which was conducted in April and found Obama’s approval at 51 percent.

A possible explanation could be that the public simply doesn’t care about these issues. But that’s not what CNN found. Eighty-five percent said that the IRS.’s actions were either “very important” or “somewhat important.” Eighty-four percent said the same about Benghazi. Eighty-seven percent said the same about the AP/DoJ issue. And yet Obama’s numbers are unchanged.

The public is simply separating the scandals from Obama. They’re upset about the IRS, Benghazi, and DoJ stories. But most think the president has been truthful. Most think the IRS acted on its own. And the dissenters disapproved of Obama before the scandals, too.

The public’s reaction to the scandals is, in other words, being mediated by their reaction to Obama. If they approve of Obama, they’re inclined to believe that neither he nor anyone in his circle ordered the IRS to attack tea party groups and that the administration did its best in the immediate aftermath of Benghazi. If they disapprove of Obama, they’re inclined to believe he or someone in his circle was controlling the IRS, and that the Benghazi talking points were part of a cover-up.

“People respond along party lines,” writes Alan Abramowitz, an Emory political scientist who predicted last week that the polls would remain unchanged,“just like members of Congress. Republicans believe the worst of Obama, but they already believed the worst of Obama. Democrats (correctly) see Republicans pushing these things because they are out to get Obama and stop his agenda and/or they think Obama is responding correctly to the problems that do exist. So it’s like almost every other issue or controversy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

relates straight back to GOP faux outrage.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"we"???
Lily is the ultimate dream team Pacers fan; she's the loveliest 'sub' ready to go in at any time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Better minds than yours declare it is an idiom. You need to be careful whom you call simple as you are going against experts on this one.
I included a link to a dictionary entry involving that idiom.
"Pride goes before a fall. and Pride goeth before a fall.
Prov. If you are too proud and overconfident, you will make mistakes leading to your defeat.(Biblical.) Sue: I'm the best student in my history class. I'm sure I can pass the exam without studying very hard. Sam: Be careful. Pride goes before a fall, you know."
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Pride+goe...
NOTE the word IDIOMS in the link.
I thought you would have gotten a clue not to argue about this when you saw you were going up against people more knowledgeable than you on these issues. You cannot name call yourself out this one.
"...The expression is misquoted from Proverbs.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall

Hey, so pride does NOT go before a fall. It goes before destruction, which is even worse, but the point is that those who “quote” it aren’t getting it right, and they are certainly not applying it correctly."

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time there is a disaster home improvement stocks increase and this is well documented. The increase in Lowes' and Home Depot stock reflects this.
Lowe's earning report came out today-
"Sales for the quarter decreased 0.5 percent to $13.1 billion from $13.2 billion in the first quarter of 2012, while comparable sales for the quarter decreased 0.7 percent."
Don't confuse him with facts. He's in bad enough shape now.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>As an American you have the right to STFU and quit putting your idiot status on display for all to ridicule--unfortunately, you just don't have the ability.(BTW, you have totally effed up the term LITERARY devices as LITERAL and LITERALLY in two consecutive posts.) Have a nice fall...
Whatever, sweetie, I corrected the error, moron, when I re-read the post.

Your point goes right back to mine.

You may know grammar and spelling-probably with the use of some program- ever thing else you KNOW absolutely squat about.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many people watch FOX every day?
not enough to keep Obama's poll numbers from going up.
so i guess 3 million Republicans in the 'know' don't really count for all that much.
+0.7 average difference between approve and disapprove is within the statistical error range

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the Obama administration didn't care when military leaks and leaks regarding Navy Seals were provided to Hollywierd to make Obammy look good. but anything that makes Obammy look bad....they'll disregard the Constitution going after the media's source.
If you'll remember the Navy Seals 'leaks' of their names were by FoxNews . So-called 'leaks' to Kathryn Bigelow wasn't nothing of the kind. She had been granted limited access to the Navy Seals Team Six (okayed by the Pentagon ) for making her movie "Zero Dark Thirty". Nothing secretive about it. It was all over the papers and entertainment news medium.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Better minds than yours declare it is an idiom. You need to be careful whom you call simple as you are going against experts on this one.
I included a link to a dictionary entry involving that idiom.
"Pride goes before a fall. and Pride goeth before a fall.
Prov. If you are too proud and overconfident, you will make mistakes leading to your defeat.(Biblical.) Sue: I'm the best student in my history class. I'm sure I can pass the exam without studying very hard. Sam: Be careful. Pride goes before a fall, you know."
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Pride+goe...
NOTE the word IDIOMS in the link.
I thought you would have gotten a clue not to argue about this when you saw you were going up against people more knowledgeable than you on these issues. You cannot name call yourself out this one.
"An idiom (Latin: idioma, "special property", f. Greek: &#7984;&#948;&#943 ;&#969;&#956;&#945 ; – idi&#333;ma, "special feature, special phrasing", f. Greek: &#7988;&#948;&#953 ;&#959;&#962; – idios, "one’s own") is a combination of words that has a figurative meaning, due to its common usage. An idiom's figurative meaning is separate from the literal meaning or definition of the words of which it is made.[1] Idioms are numerous and they occur frequently in all languages. There are estimated to be at least 25,000 idiomatic expressions in the English language."

Any hope that you might be able to comprehend the difference this millennium? Of course, not. Maybe you should devote yourself to learning French idioms in quotations from Voltaire...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"...The expression is misquoted from Proverbs.
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall
Hey, so pride does NOT go before a fall. It goes before destruction, which is even worse, but the point is that those who “quote” it aren’t getting it right, and they are certainly not applying it correctly."
It is still an idiom and they can be used without the complete quote.

Many idioms are this way.

You tried to find an error when none occurred than was dumb enough to shout everyone was stupid but you. Remember "Pride comes before a fall" and you landed on your face.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
After blasting Obama two nights in a row, he had to distract his audience somehow. It's how he makes a living. Distracting liberals from the real issues at hand.
Just an aside thought. When "Aunt Bettie Lou" appears , "American Lady " goes away offline. but their 'posts' are nearly identical in ideologue rigidity.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't confuse him with facts. He's in bad enough shape now.
LOL, he was lashing out and bashing wildly last night after I left. I think facts or the truth was the last thing on his mind.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"An idiom (Latin: idioma, "special property", f. Greek: &#7984;&#948;&#943 ;&#969;&#956;&#945 ; – idi&#333;ma, "special feature, special phrasing", f. Greek: &#7988;&#948;&#953 ;&#959;&#962; – idios, "one’s own") is a combination of words that has a figurative meaning, due to its common usage. An idiom's figurative meaning is separate from the literal meaning or definition of the words of which it is made.[1] Idioms are numerous and they occur frequently in all languages. There are estimated to be at least 25,000 idiomatic expressions in the English language."
Any hope that you might be able to comprehend the difference this millennium? Of course, not. Maybe you should devote yourself to learning French idioms in quotations from Voltaire...
How slow can you get? One more time -when the authorities on the English language includes it in a dictionary of idioms, your claims to the contrary are just idiotic.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Just an aside thought. When "Aunt Bettie Lou" appears , "American Lady " goes away offline. but their 'posts' are nearly identical in ideologue rigidity.
Are all you libtards paranoid? You seem to see ghosts everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 835,561 - 835,580 of1,073,001
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama turns his back on black Americans 47 min BarrysBleachingSkinWants2 3
“If America Doesn’t Abolish the FED, the FED wi... 47 min TheDailySheeple 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,756
Mr. O'Reilly on the black / race issue. 51 min BillyO and the Race Pimps 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 68,169
The New, New Math 1 hr IfUReadUCTheProblem4Sure 6
Ron Paul: The Collapse Is Close 1 hr Infowars Video 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••