Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
835,401 - 835,420 of 1,079,002 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh but the thing to do is to use FOX as a source, and what is the story?
'Issa said somebody said'.
might work for you, but doesn't work for me.
Like I said sonicfiller... You like most liberals and RealDave, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, then invent a conspiracy or cry idiot you dumbass...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Want to hear about a stupid tax. It's called the 'Storm water Removal Fee'. I pay $72 dollars a year to let the rain run out of my yard, down the street into a pipe that that goes to the river.It's been there since before I moved here.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> IThe idea you think only people living on the beach were effected just shows what a dumbass you are, again.
Beach areas were the hardest hit-duhmmy (uh gee, wonder why that is--Duh A vey will tell it were teh global warming!!)

Twenty minutes inland in many places, remained fair-thee-well in tact.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Demand is created by the individual desire to procure something. Demand has two components: the desire to procure something, and the tender with which to procure it. Without both, there is no economic demand.
What you ignorantly think is demand is merely the aggregate of summing all individual demands, which is related to the scale of production to satisfy this summation of demand.
Your "demand" ignores the requirement of legal tender to procure the demand, which is motivation to the producer.
You are probably ignorant of the fact that your explanation is the result of indoctrination with Marxist ideology.
You should augment your indoctrination with education.
So low wages at Walmart do not decrease the available tender for these employees to by sh*t??

When I help subsidize your pay, does that help the economy?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> IThe idea you think only people living on the beach were effected just shows what a dumbass you are, again.
RealDave using his "I am an idiot" defense...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting for Public Opinion to Turn Against Obama

The president has a base of loyalists that won't quit and, at least for now, there's no evidence he was involved in any scandals.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

damn it Barack! like Bush, you should leading the way in attacking the opposition!!

or maybe it was Cheney. or Rove. or Rumsfeld.

ok, so maybe Bush wasn't the lead, but i bet he knew what was going on.

lol

ever visit a Bushism site?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said sonicfiller... You like most liberals and RealDave, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, then invent a conspiracy or cry idiot you dumbass...
credible? FOX? Issa?

so hey, there's this bridge for sale.....

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a minor correction:
The recession was caused by the Democrats Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program.
Please make this correction and then reassess your conclusions.
Dumbwaiter drags out the CRA excuse.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Ok leftist phags, I'll leave you with today's English ebonics lesson:
The word for today is: "beware".
Now, let's use it in a sentence:
"I asks da man at the employmint office, is this beware I finds me a job"?"
and da man at duh employmint orfice sayz, yep, support yer bloated givverment jawbs here-leave your creedentures on duh tables so'z we'ze can givez dem sumthing to file awrl day, till duh n ext filin day rolls eround!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

What was James Rosen thinking?

Rosen’s journalistic technique, if the Post story is accurate, leaves much to be desired. He would have been less conspicuous had he walked into the State Department wearing a sandwich board lettered with his intentions to obtain classified information and then blasted an air horn to further alert authorities to his business. For example, one data point investigators used to connect Rosen with his alleged source, Kim, was the visitor’s badge the reporter wore when calling on the State Department offices. According to security records, Rosen and his source left the building within one minute of each other and then returned only several minutes apart inside the half-hour. A few hours later that day (June 11, 2009), Rosen’s secret-busting story was published.

Even teenagers practice better tradecraft than this when deceiving parents.

Next, Rosen’s email communications also appear to have compromised his alleged source. According to the Post, one email exchange between Rosen and Kim “seems to describe a secret system for passing along information,” including code names. Wrote Rosen:“One asterisk means to contact them, or that previously suggested plans for communication are to proceed as agreed; two asterisks means the opposite.” Rosen also wrote to Kim requesting “breaking news ahead of my competitors,”“what intelligence is picking up” and “some internal State Department analyses.”

None of these entreaties are in themselves damning, but a smart reporter seeking secret information might want to afford a source more protective cover than stating his requests in a form that is as insecure and eternal as email.

Other ways Rosen compromised Kim: Phone records establish at least 36 calls between Kim’s desk phone and Rosen’s various phone lines. And according to computer logs, two of those calls coincided with Kim opening a classified report on his computer. Didn’t these guys watch The Wire? Don’t they know about burn phones? Kim didn’t help himself much, either, printing out and leaving next to his computer a copy of Rosen’s article.

Last, the nature of Rosen’s report was almost guaranteed to attract attention from the intelligence establishment. The story described the CIA’s findings,“through sources inside North Korea,” of that country’s plans should an upcoming U.N. Security Council resolution pass.

Although Rosen’s story asserts that it is “withholding some details about the sources and methods … to avoid compromising sensitive overseas operations,” the basic detail that the CIA has “sources inside North Korea” privy to its future plans is very compromising stuff all by itself. As Rosen continues,“U.S. spymasters regard [North Korea] as one of the world’s most difficult to penetrate.”

Once the North Koreans read the story, they must have asked if the source of the intel was human or if their communications had been breached. In any event, you can assume that the North Koreans commenced a leak probe that made the U.S. investigation look like the prosecution of a parking ticket.

I have a hard time understanding what purpose Rosen’s scoop served. He appears to have uncovered no wrongdoing by the CIA in North Korea and no dramatic or scandalous change of U.S. policy that’s being concealed from the U.S. public. Boiled to its essence, the story says the U.S. has penetrated North Korean leadership. It’s a story, all right, but I can’t imagine any U.S. news outlet running it without more cause, and I’ll bet that Fox News would take it back today if it could. I doubt that Rosen has committed any crimes against the state, but offenses against common journalistic sense? I’m not so sure.

http://blogs.reuters.com/jackshafer/2013/05/2...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Beach areas were the hardest hit-duhmmy (uh gee, wonder why that is--Duh A vey will tell it were teh global warming!!)
Twenty minutes inland in many places, remained fair-thee-well in tact.
RealDave has never experienced or rode out a hurricane, RealDave knows nothing about hurricanes... Sandy in New Jersey was not a hurricane... Katrina was...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if we are in the orientation that is supposed to be cooler but it is not, what does that tell you??
Yo most intelligent people it tells you that we have warmed significantly to the point we are not cooling but should should be. i.e. we have warmed a lot more than comparing temperatures tell us.
How about this fact:
With, or without humans inhabiting the Earth, the polar ice will melt and the sea level will rise, inundating hundreds of miles of low-lying coastal plains, just like it has done repeatedly in the Earth's recent history.
What are you clowns doing to prepare for this certainty?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if we are in the orientation that is supposed to be cooler but it is not, what does that tell you??
Yo most intelligent people it tells you that we have warmed significantly to the point we are not cooling but should should be. i.e. we have warmed a lot more than comparing temperatures tell us.
That isn't what it said.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Want to hear about a stupid tax. It's called the 'Storm water Removal Fee'. I pay $72 dollars a year to let the rain run out of my yard, down the street into a pipe that that goes to the river.It's been there since before I moved here.
Virginia, go figure. You should run for mayor or governor, Homer would support you.

Why not I already support the Texas secession movement, the Alaska secession movement and The South secession movement, Homer can always use another good cause to donate money to.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
credible? FOX? Issa?
so hey, there's this bridge for sale.....
Like I've said again and again sonicfiller, your obsession with Fox is amusing....

You like most liberals and RealDave, if you don't have credible evidence to refute something, still you invent a conspiracy or cry idiot you dumbass...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

The Right’s Scandal Hypocrisy

The ease of movement from sarcophagal stonewalling to high dudgeon is a peculiarly right-wing trait, because it’s the right that started the modern-day sense that you’re either on the team or in the shithouse. You might think in some dark, private space that Benghazi is mostly smoke, but if you’re trying to make your bones as part of the right-wing noise machine, you know to keep those doubts to yourself.

I can name you a number of liberal columnists who thought in 1998 that Bill Clinton had disgraced his office and who wrote absolutely scabrously of him, even calling for his resignation. The late, great Lars Erik Nelson called on Clinton to resign (even while making it clear that he thought that impeaching the president over a lie about sex was loony-bin material). Chris Matthews, now embraced by tout liberalisme, used to gut Clinton on a nightly basis. Frank Rich, then on the Times's op-ed page, wrote vicious things about him—and later about Al Gore, columns that actively helped George W. Bush. I could name many more. They were not excommunicated. But among conservatives, uh-uh. Once you leave the reservation, you’re not invited back.

Conservatives know deep down that they have to toe the line or risk banishment. Of course they can’t acknowledge this. So they just grab their robes, take their place in the chorus, and start singing. As for the tune, it’s simple: they must construct an argument that the Democratic crime is somehow worse than the preceding Republican crime, because once they establish and agree on that, then it’s bombs away. They can justify all their howling by arguing that this scandal is more serious, more deserving of the gravest steps being taken. For the sake of our great nation, of course.

Thus Peggy Noonan’s I’m-ready-for-the-sanatorium column last week about how we’re “in the midst of the worst Washington scandal since Watergate.” For God’s sake. This doesn’t even rise to the level of being a joke. There were three or four or 20 Bush scandals that didn’t even register in official terms because Democrats were afraid to push them. Can you imagine what might have happened if the Democratic-controlled House in 2007 had decided to go back and hold repeated hearings on, and subpoena documents relating to, Abu Ghraib or Gitmo or torture or even Katrina preparations? I can promise you that at the very least we’d have seen the same kind of bureaucratic ass-covering we’ve seen in the Benghazi emails.

Except that we wouldn’t have seen that, because the Bush administration, under the baleful baton of Dick Cheney, would have refused to answer any such subpoenas, as it in fact repeatedly did. And the same pundits now screaming their heads off for transparency would have been, and in a lot of cases were, defending the Cheney position with their last, panting, dishonest breaths.

I am not saying here that Obama should follow the Cheney model. That model, aside from being pretty lousy for both Cheney and Bush’s reputations, genuinely was horrible for the country. If Cheney had had his way, we’d have an executive branch that literally could use the IRS to single out political enemies. It could do pretty much anything it wanted.

So Obama shouldn’t try to emulate Cheney. But that doesn’t mean Democrats shouldn’t play some hardball of their own.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
No ONE died from THAT!
The Mexican officials were working with the US!
BIG difference ...
Look it up!
Here I'll DO it for you :)
`````````
Scandal: The president's spokesman confuses a "controlled delivery" operation known as Wide Receiver
with the quite different Fast and Furious
and couldn't even remember the name of the Border Patrol agent killed by it.
During a contentious press conference where even the White House press corps seemed to have had enough with the administration's tap dancing about an operation that began on its watch and got two federal agents killed, ABC's Jake Tapper had to feed a stumbling Carney the name of the Border Patrol agent killed by it.
Dubbed "Operation Wide Receiver," the Bush-era operation was run out of Tucson between 2006 and 2007, ending before Bush left office and before Fast and Furious began under Obama in 2009. The differences between it and Fast and Furious are vast, starting with the fact that Wide Receiver produced no dead bodies.
Operation Wide Receiver used the common law enforcement tactic of "controlled delivery" in which the illegal sales of weapons were allowed to take place, the movements of the weapons were closely monitored and the end purchasers were then apprehended. It involved gun-tracing, not gun-walking.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0622...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
'Operation Wide Receiver' was the name for 'Fast & Furious' under the Bush Administration . And how do you know that no U S agents were killed?--Bush & Cheney made sure all government records of it would remain classified for decades bypassing the FOIA .

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
When the IRS targeted liberals
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_...
so funny-this has to be the 20th time you posted these three. Can't you find anymore than three that were audited? try the Clinton administration. He had to come out and say that the IRS was going to be a softer gentler IRS-they went after no one, and it continued through the Bush administration. However, when O'bama took office, he went after every Republican he could. He started taking school loans out of Grandma's medicare, he started confiscating tax returns, he garnished umemployment--he even went so far as to confiscate from injured veterans. Yeah Sonic, that is the Regime you support.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
straight up or strawman? did you keep them or sell them to a drug dealer?
and yes, you can take the Fifth.
Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future. IRS anyone?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So low wages at Walmart do not decrease the available tender for these employees to by sh*t??
When I help subsidize your pay, does that help the economy?
A reduced amount of legal tender merely has the effect of reducing the absolute value of the amount of legal tender necessary to procure. The value of the legal tender is the same for the producer and consumer. Therefore, the mutual interaction of desire for the product and motivation to produce the product are unaffected because they are both constrained by the total amount of money being finite and the value of the money being equal for both.
If a producer requires a larger percentage of the total wealth than is acceptable, as determined by the willingness to procure, then there is no demand for the product. When the producer offers the product at a price consistent with the consumer's determination as to the value of the product, then the demand is satisfied.
Wealth is relative. Value is absolute, and dependent upon the value of the legal tender.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min voice of peace 67,895
Keep a word drop 6 words! 29 min Anonymous42 6
Detroit man shoots black women in his front yar... 32 min Skyler 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 49 min NITiN 7
Saving Catholic Schools 53 min larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guy 174,508
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••