Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909777 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, It's must really frost you liberals when no Republicans will jump to Bushes defense! Wanna have a good conversation with yourself? Bring up Bush!
Mercifully he's gone and has been gone for going on 5 years you moron. He isn't yesterday's newspaper, he's last year's newspaper you idiot!
You are a garbage scow of idiot sonicfiller!!
Mitt should have mentioned Bush more. or even once.

he might have won.

LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#909778 May 23, 2013
The Republican nominee for lieutenant governor in Virginia says that he is a Christian and has no reason to apologize for his history against of hate speech against LGBT people, liberals and abortion providers.

It was only after African-American minister E.W. Jackson won the nomination at the Virginia Republican Party Convention last week that many became aware of his history of saying gay people were “perverted” and “sick people psychologically.”

“Homosexuality is a horrible sin, it poisons culture, it destroys families, it destroys societies; it brings the judgment of God unlike very few things that we can think of,” he said last year
He has also called Democrats “slave masters” and compared Planned Parenthood to the Ku Klux Klan.”

I say the things that I say because I’m a Christian, not because I hate anybody, but because I have religious values that matter to me,”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/22/virgini...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909779 May 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsh!t not if they were in the path of the storm, come out here to PA sometime and see and we are over 100 miles from the shore.
Here you can read the names of the dead and see where they were killed, many were well inland - http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/17...
Listen Homer duhmmy... when the storm made landfall-ie -OFF of the water and onto land...the wind gusted a bit on the frontline...the eye was calm...and it was a little gusty dissappating. TWENTY minutes inland in many places-NOT much for DAMAGE done. Beach areas were hardest hit.

See the difference between Katrina and Sandy yet?

People LISTENED!!!!!!!!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#909780 May 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stupid tax" is an unecessary redundancy...
Well no until we get the Fair Tax some taxes are necessaryMostly local taxes. Not federal..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909781 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we all see you shooting me down with credible evidence.
keep flapping those gums. or if you prefer....copy and paste.
Isn't it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are liberals?? Sonicfiller still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#909782 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Hurricanes are not unusual for the Caribbean in late October. In fact, South Florida is known to have a hurricane peak threat in October.
But what about a hurricane forming south of Jamaica, then moving north into the Bahamas, curving northeast as if it was headed out to sea, only to take a hard left turn, slamming into New Jersey....in late October? Oh yes, and let's not forget merging Sandy with the polar jet stream and an arriving cold front. A more perfectly menacing scenario than 1991's "Perfect Storm"." http://www.weather.com/video/sandy-from-space... Check this out: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricane...
Hurricane season isn't over until end of November.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909783 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDave has never experienced or rode out a hurricane, RealDave knows nothing about hurricanes... Sandy in New Jersey was not a hurricane... Katrina was...
Plz note that to Homer too!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#909785 May 23, 2013
Muslim Londoners love gun control.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909786 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt should have mentioned Bush more. or even once.
he might have won.
LOL
You're just a pathetic old piece of shit sonicfiller ranting against your life failures and miserable trailer park condition...You never grow tired of making a fool out of yourself do you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909787 May 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>so funny-this has to be the 20th time you posted these three. Can't you find anymore than three that were audited? try the Clinton administration. He had to come out and say that the IRS was going to be a softer gentler IRS-they went after no one, and it continued through the Bush administration. However, when O'bama took office, he went after every Republican he could. He started taking school loans out of Grandma's medicare, he started confiscating tax returns, he garnished umemployment--he even went so far as to confiscate from injured veterans. Yeah Sonic, that is the Regime you support.
the Clinton admin did the same according to right wing sources. Daily Caller for one.

and i'd never question a right wing source. would you?

as for Bush....also happened on his watch. though you won't find that on a right wing site. funny how that works, don't you think?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#909788 May 23, 2013
cont...Oaths

All officers of the seven Uniformed services of the United States swear or affirm an Oath of Office upon commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the Oath of enlistment that enlisted members take when they enter service for their country. It is required by statute, the Oath being prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code[1].

One notable difference between the officer and enlisted Oaths is that the Oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this Oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

Text of the Oath

"I,[name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Officers of the National Guard of the various States, however, take an additional Oath:

"I,[name], do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ upon which I am about to enter, so help me God."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909789 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are liberals?? Sonicfiller still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
you didn't read the Bush report on right wing terrorists?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#909790 May 23, 2013
Since it is the beginning of the season.

MyFoxHurricane.com

Best dang site on the net, IMO.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#909791 May 23, 2013
flack wrote:
Want to hear about a stupid tax. It's called the 'Storm water Removal Fee'. I pay $72 dollars a year to let the rain run out of my yard, down the street into a pipe that that goes to the river.It's been there since before I moved here.
Depending on where you live you may also pay tax for sidewalks, underground electric service, multiple EMT and fire services and all sorts of other local/county/state fees. That's why I LMAO at you nonods who waste time yakkin about the federal government while your local governments are reaming you.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#909792 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future. IRS anyone?
'Last night, Jon Stewart absolutely blistered Peggy Noonan for her disgraceful appearance on Meet the Press when she complained that the IRS scandal was the worst she'd ever seen.' Peggu Noonnan you were in the White House when Reagan's Iran/Contra plot was hatched! Doesn't it ring a bell?'Jon also looked at the lack of answers given in the IRS scandal, and how Senators kept praising Apple during a hearing on how they avoided paying taxes.' http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-22-...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#909793 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>Anthony Weiner is going to be the next New York Mayor. I bet that we get some solid gun control bills with teeth with Anthony Weiner.
So thats whats wrong with you , you got ahold of a weiner with teeth .
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909794 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>"Hurricanes are not unusual for the Caribbean in late October. In fact, South Florida is known to have a hurricane peak threat in October.
But what about a hurricane forming south of Jamaica, then moving north into the Bahamas, curving northeast as if it was headed out to sea, only to take a hard left turn, slamming into New Jersey....in late October? Oh yes, and let's not forget merging Sandy with the polar jet stream and an arriving cold front. A more perfectly menacing scenario than 1991's "Perfect Storm"." http://www.weather.com/video/sandy-from-space... Check this out: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricane...
By the time it reached Jersey, it was a hella-storm.

Tropical deppressions gone wild..happens all the time during the hurricane watch season...mix one with cooler land fronts-hello hella storms. There's also some interesting theories on the east/west coast seven year fluctuation patterns of warmer ocean currents/streams that contribute to such too.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#909795 May 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks hate the Hispanics too because the Hispanics are considered the Minority now over Blacks and the Hispanics are playing the race card just like the Blacks did with the Whites for years and the Blacks don't like being considered 2nd to the Hispanics here in the US either.
Oh really? How do you know this?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909796 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you didn't read the Bush report on right wing terrorists?
sonicfiller still using his: "I am a loser" defense...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909797 May 23, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Muslim Londoners love gun control.
You see that latest clip from London of the United Kingdom?

Rabid, dark age, barbaric animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 12-28-14 21 min Kuuipo 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min JpostNewsYTube 182,198
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min TRD 68,921
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,371
Dear Abby 12-28 46 min Kuuipo 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,885
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,278
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:49 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:49AM