Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233318 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patriot

Boulder, CO

#909788 May 23, 2013
cont...Oaths

All officers of the seven Uniformed services of the United States swear or affirm an Oath of Office upon commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the Oath of enlistment that enlisted members take when they enter service for their country. It is required by statute, the Oath being prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code[1].

One notable difference between the officer and enlisted Oaths is that the Oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this Oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

Text of the Oath

"I,[name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Officers of the National Guard of the various States, however, take an additional Oath:

"I,[name], do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ upon which I am about to enter, so help me God."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909789 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are liberals?? Sonicfiller still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
you didn't read the Bush report on right wing terrorists?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#909790 May 23, 2013
Since it is the beginning of the season.

MyFoxHurricane.com

Best dang site on the net, IMO.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#909791 May 23, 2013
flack wrote:
Want to hear about a stupid tax. It's called the 'Storm water Removal Fee'. I pay $72 dollars a year to let the rain run out of my yard, down the street into a pipe that that goes to the river.It's been there since before I moved here.
Depending on where you live you may also pay tax for sidewalks, underground electric service, multiple EMT and fire services and all sorts of other local/county/state fees. That's why I LMAO at you nonods who waste time yakkin about the federal government while your local governments are reaming you.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#909792 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how recent history always manages to shape the near future. IRS anyone?
'Last night, Jon Stewart absolutely blistered Peggy Noonan for her disgraceful appearance on Meet the Press when she complained that the IRS scandal was the worst she'd ever seen.' Peggu Noonnan you were in the White House when Reagan's Iran/Contra plot was hatched! Doesn't it ring a bell?'Jon also looked at the lack of answers given in the IRS scandal, and how Senators kept praising Apple during a hearing on how they avoided paying taxes.' http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-22-...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#909793 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony Weiner is going to be the next New York Mayor. I bet that we get some solid gun control bills with teeth with Anthony Weiner.
So thats whats wrong with you , you got ahold of a weiner with teeth .
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909794 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Hurricanes are not unusual for the Caribbean in late October. In fact, South Florida is known to have a hurricane peak threat in October.
But what about a hurricane forming south of Jamaica, then moving north into the Bahamas, curving northeast as if it was headed out to sea, only to take a hard left turn, slamming into New Jersey....in late October? Oh yes, and let's not forget merging Sandy with the polar jet stream and an arriving cold front. A more perfectly menacing scenario than 1991's "Perfect Storm"." http://www.weather.com/video/sandy-from-space... Check this out: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricane...
By the time it reached Jersey, it was a hella-storm.

Tropical deppressions gone wild..happens all the time during the hurricane watch season...mix one with cooler land fronts-hello hella storms. There's also some interesting theories on the east/west coast seven year fluctuation patterns of warmer ocean currents/streams that contribute to such too.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#909795 May 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks hate the Hispanics too because the Hispanics are considered the Minority now over Blacks and the Hispanics are playing the race card just like the Blacks did with the Whites for years and the Blacks don't like being considered 2nd to the Hispanics here in the US either.
Oh really? How do you know this?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909796 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sonicfiller still using his: "I am a loser" defense...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909797 May 23, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Muslim Londoners love gun control.
You see that latest clip from London of the United Kingdom?

Rabid, dark age, barbaric animals.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#909799 May 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are liberals?? Sonicfiller still using his "I am an idiot" defense...
Why not .. it appears to be working for the current administration.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909800 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ft. Hood~~~ Nidal Malik Hasan Registered Democrat ~ Muslim
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#909801 May 23, 2013
Globalist Plan to Disarm America:

PL87-297 Arms Control and Disarmament Act /
State Department Publication No.7277

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/un/do.htm
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#909802 May 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Plz note that to Homer too!
PS: Just save N'or'easters for a different weather patterns lesson!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#909803 May 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Strawman. Sold the lot of them to Louis Lerner, who wanted to outfit her thug agents with them. I felt bad about it when all this new skullduggery about her came out, but she wont be using them where she's going....
a Bush appointee? thugs?

old news.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#909804 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Listen Homer duhmmy... when the storm made landfall-ie -OFF of the water and onto land...the wind gusted a bit on the frontline...the eye was calm...and it was a little gusty dissappating. TWENTY minutes inland in many places-NOT much for DAMAGE done. Beach areas were hardest hit.
See the difference between Katrina and Sandy yet?
People LISTENED!!!!!!!!!!
You have no fcking clue what you are talking about. My office was without power out in PA 100 miles from shore as were millions of others because of your so called 'little gusty dissapating'. You are a complete fcking moron.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909805 May 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? How do you know this?
It's a fact lily.. Realtime hates Hispanics...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#909806 May 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt should have mentioned Bush more. or even once.
he might have won.
LOL
Mitt should have run on his healthcare reform(Romneycare) and climate change record as Governor of Massachusetts and he surely would have won. But, alas, as Nixon learned , a denial of a denial is still a denial especially if you tape the whole thing and got booted.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#909807 May 23, 2013
tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, jewtard.
How's the brain damage treating you?
Do your new friends know you collect disability?
You Neo-Nazis liberals opposed the Invasion of Iraq. Hell... you Neo-Nazi liberals support any Arab country because they all oppose Israel and support exterminating the Jews you racist...

Is it strange that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Neo-Nazi Liberals.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#909808 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Beach areas were the hardest hit-duhmmy (uh gee, wonder why that is--Duh A vey will tell it were teh global warming!!)
Twenty minutes inland in many places, remained fair-thee-well in tact.
I replied to your mental twin FloriDUH who said the relief money mainly went to wealthy who had beachfront homes.

This was a lie.

There was no statement as to most.

Most flooding victims were no beachfront home owners.

Try not to be such a fricken idiot all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,562
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 189,969
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,242
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 410
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Doug77 6,000
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 70,028
Amy 5-26-15 4 hr Kuuipo 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 99,560
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]