Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
834,961 - 834,980 of 1,082,637 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909248
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't take very long for this to become obvious to me. If you're the reason for the existence of the company, then you could make not only the money you earn, but you could also capture the money the owners realize if you just started your own company doing the exact same thing you're doing now.
... must be a reason why you're still working for them for whatever the want to pay you....
There is no private Department of Motor Vehicles.
NJ raider 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909249
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she may have said she wanted to use the 5th Amendment rights, but she didn't really do that. She actually made a statement about her participation in the criminal activity.
She should have remained silent. After all, that is what the 5th Amendment grants.
I say, find the highest level of documentation that even acknowledges the activity, then put that person on trial and sentence them to a billion goddam years, then let's see who they roll over on.
You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909250
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer never lies well maybe a 'white' lie now and again. I have no desire whatsoever to see the destruction of this country. And lastly I do not call myself a progressive or a liberal, not that there is anything wrong with either.
I recall you mindlessly repeating the Obama lie about some demonstration that never happened caused the attack that killed Stevens even after it became obvious to everyone in the world it was a lie.
Yes, things would be a lot better if the people who called themselves "liberal" were actually liberal and not radical conservatives with medieval concept of bondage under an elitist governing class. And if anything the so-called "progressives" touched actually progressed instead of regress.
gigi

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909251
May 22, 2013
 
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909252
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dike??? You put your finger in the dyke recently, little D/Butch boy? LMAO@U "decrepit" old loons.
It was a 'pun' just like "red hairing".

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909253
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!
Testifying is nothing more than making statements.
She had the right to remain silent. She should have used it. She didn't. She made a statement during testimony.
Let's make that simple for you idiots: She testified.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909254
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pride goeth before a fall."
No, "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." (I've taught Bible as Literature, and I may wind up totally destroyed, but I never fall.)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909255
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Lois Lerner Shows Why Obama Needs to Get Rid of All Remaining Bush Appointees

Pleading the fifth is evidence of guilt if you have the bad fortune to work under the Obama administration, but the same folks will defend your right to plead the fifth if you happen to be working under a Republican president.

....if she has any political persuasion, it would seem to be Republican, based on her appointment by the Bush administration (infamous for politicizing government).

Hysteria is the way of the Right. The Daily Caller made a fool of itself the other day, with Patrick Howley claiming that Lerner’s husband’s law firm had strong Obama connections (read: Marxist, Kenyan Hitler, Nixon, Chicago “connections”):“Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Obama connections.”

Um, no. But nice try. Walter Olson at Overlawywered broke it down, and it looks like her husband’s law firm gave more to Republicans, with Republican Ted Cruz raking in $16,250 from his lawyers. Olson concluded,“‘Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Ted Cruz connections’ would have made for too confusing a headline on a Daily Caller lead story.” Yes, we mustn’t let the facts get in the way of the Narrative.

What I’ve taken from all of these scandals so far is that by Republicans refusing to allow Obama his own nominees, they’ve saddled him with their appointees, who may or may not have an agenda and may or may not be utterly incompetent. That’s a nifty game. So now Bush appointee Lois Lerner, who claims to be “nonpolitical” but yet donated the maximum amount to Romney if this Open Secrets note is the right Lois Lerner, is the Obama administration’s undoing according to Republicans.

I am only sorry Lois Lerner is pleading the fifth, because I’d really like someone to ask her why she “let this slip” at a Bar Association meeting, and upon what evidence she based this “slip”.

The Daily Beast said that Lerner “acknowledged that the influx in tax-exempt applications starting in 2010 is what sparked the heightened scrutiny. The admission raises the question of whether Lerner had the opportunity to help clean up what has become a messy campaign-contribution system and, if so, why she instead is cleaning up the mess of a field office that supposedly went rogue.” You see why we should be asking some questions.

I’d like to ask her if she or anyone in her office was the “source” for several media outlets reporting that conservatives were “targeted” as fact. Then again, no one in the House was going to ask Lerner these questions, because they don’t serve the Republican narrative.

http://www.politicususa.com/lois-lerner-plead...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909256
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't believe you're even talking the same time period.
You should address your elders with "yes, sir" and "yes, ma'am" and "no, sir" and "no, ma'am", son.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909257
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They fire me and the entire company collapses. Besides I know where all the bodies are buried, so to speak. What else you got?
So...you work in a Funeral Home? A working stiff?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909258
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are near the bottom of a cooling trend & have registered 338 consecutive months of above average global temperature, I'd say we'll be in big trouble as this cooling effect due to orientations starts heading in the warming trend direction.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akam aihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/98359 6_508429612317_1437891992_n.jp g Toles drew Mr. Climate Change as a kind of cross between Jabba the Hut, Mr. Potato-Head and some weird internal organ.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909259
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

So, nobody can explain with the radical conservatives today call themselves "liberals", and why the self-described "progressives" cause everything they touch to regress.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909260
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an altered seed be 95% anything but genetically altered?
You are such a f*cking idiot.

The subject was food.

If a food is labeled "organic", then it must contain at least 95% organic ingredients.

Try to keep up.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909261
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

nobody can explay why.... sorry for the typo.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909263
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are near the bottom of a cooling trend & have registered 338 consecutive months of above average global temperature, I'd say we'll be in big trouble as this cooling effect due to orientations starts heading in the warming trend direction.
My God you really can't understand what you read! Read the last sentence again!!!

Oh by the way! Earth is cooler than 5,000 years ago

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909264
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

sonicfilter wrote:
Lois Lerner Shows Why Obama Needs to Get Rid of All Remaining Bush Appointees
Pleading the fifth is evidence of guilt if you have the bad fortune to work under the Obama administration, but the same folks will defend your right to plead the fifth if you happen to be working under a Republican president.
....if she has any political persuasion, it would seem to be Republican, based on her appointment by the Bush administration (infamous for politicizing government).
Hysteria is the way of the Right. The Daily Caller made a fool of itself the other day, with Patrick Howley claiming that Lerner’s husband’s law firm had strong Obama connections (read: Marxist, Kenyan Hitler, Nixon, Chicago “connections”):“Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Obama connections.”
Um, no. But nice try. Walter Olson at Overlawywered broke it down, and it looks like her husband’s law firm gave more to Republicans, with Republican Ted Cruz raking in $16,250 from his lawyers. Olson concluded,“‘Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm has strong Ted Cruz connections’ would have made for too confusing a headline on a Daily Caller lead story.” Yes, we mustn’t let the facts get in the way of the Narrative.
What I’ve taken from all of these scandals so far is that by Republicans refusing to allow Obama his own nominees, they’ve saddled him with their appointees, who may or may not have an agenda and may or may not be utterly incompetent. That’s a nifty game. So now Bush appointee Lois Lerner, who claims to be “nonpolitical” but yet donated the maximum amount to Romney if this Open Secrets note is the right Lois Lerner, is the Obama administration’s undoing according to Republicans.
I am only sorry Lois Lerner is pleading the fifth, because I’d really like someone to ask her why she “let this slip” at a Bar Association meeting, and upon what evidence she based this “slip”.
The Daily Beast said that Lerner “acknowledged that the influx in tax-exempt applications starting in 2010 is what sparked the heightened scrutiny. The admission raises the question of whether Lerner had the opportunity to help clean up what has become a messy campaign-contribution system and, if so, why she instead is cleaning up the mess of a field office that supposedly went rogue.” You see why we should be asking some questions.
I’d like to ask her if she or anyone in her office was the “source” for several media outlets reporting that conservatives were “targeted” as fact. Then again, no one in the House was going to ask Lerner these questions, because they don’t serve the Republican narrative.
http://www.politicususa.com/lois-lerner-plead...
got anything more reputable than some communist party line spewing rag to reference?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909265
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!
I am serious here raider, it is time for you to cut and run from this topic or take the shovel I am offering you.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909266
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No, "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." (I've taught Bible as Literature, and I may wind up totally destroyed, but I never fall.)
lily will confess her ignorance, leosnana will provide it...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909267
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a 'pun' just like "red hairing".
Check the meaning of pun a little more carefully, but at least you're trying...(Hint: Telling someone he has his finger in a dyke is a pun; calling someone a dike isn't--now figure out why.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#909268
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You understand what you just wrote? You wrote," she have a statement." Do you understand now? She gave a statement, she didn't testify. The 5th amendment is implied so one isn't forced to testify against ones best interest. Key word, "TESTIFY." NOT MAKING A STATEMENT!
If Lerner was already sworn in, then ANYTHING that she said was testimony.

Why did she open her mouth at all?

By the way, she gave additional testimony relative to the authenticity of a previous written statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min LRS 174,997
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min Terry rigsby 48,964
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min Eric 68,427
10 “Active Militia Teams” Securing The US-Mexic... 49 min Good luck 1
Global Elite Agitating for War Against Russia 55 min Kurt Nimmo video 1
Abby 7-29 1 hr Sublime1 10
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,703
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••