Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908956 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion and religion have no place in politics, except for removing the danger of Islam from America.
If black folks want to commit genocide against their children, so be it.
What is your opinion about Gosnell?

Trying to make abortion just a religious issue and not an ethical one is taking a pass on ethics.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908958 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Sterile Seeds: Why Worry? "These technologies are extremely dangerous," explains "because over 1.4 billion farmers - primarily poor farmers in Africa, Asia and Latin America - depend on farm-saved seed as their primary seed source. Monsanto GMO seeds do not germinate. If farmers can't save seed, they can't continue to adapt crops to their unique farming environments, and that spells disaster for global food security, meaning all seeds must be purchase cronies like Monsanto"
"Genetic seed sterility is not about improving the productivity or quality of crops, it's a quest to increase seed industry profits." "First and foremost, these technologies are intended to force farmers to buy seed every season and to take still more crop production control away from farmers and rely on GMO's."
Farmers can buy their seed elsewhere.

Consumers can decide whether they care.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#908959 May 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what Republican would want to talk about the guy who helped Obama into the WH?
You want to talk about William Ayers and the Chicago gang bangers? I will gladly talk about those that helped O'bama get into White House--and the Fairytale they tried to pass off as truth.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#908961 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor farmers in Africa, Asia and Latin America - depend on farm-saved seed as their primary seed source.

GMO seeds DO NOT germinate and must be purchased you fool...

If the small farmer in Africa can't save seed, they can't continue to adapt or grow crops to their unique farming environments, and that spells disaster for global food security."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908962 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
My best guess is that Galt like Flack probably owns Monsanto stock so they aren't going to be marching anywhere.
As long as they are making money people could grow tails from the Monsanto seeds and they wouldn't give a sh!t.
Good observation!

Congressman Who Gets Millions In Farm Subsidies: Food Stamps Stealing ‘Other People’s Money

Fincher invoked the Bible in his defense of the devastating cuts, quoting,“The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

At a Holiday Inn in Memphis over the weekend, Fincher expanded on his version of the Christian social gospel:“The role of citizens, of Christians, of humanity is to take care of each other, but not for Washington to steal from those in the country and give to others in the country.”

While Fincher interprets food assistance for the needy as “stealing,” he has not similarly condemned the Farm Bill’s massive agricultural subsidies. In fact, he supported a proposal to expand crop insurance by $9 billion over the next 10 years. Fincher has a great personal stake in maintaining these particular government handouts, as the second most heavily subsidized farmer in Congress and one of the largest subsidy recipients in Tennessee history:

USDA data collected in EWG’s 2013 farm subsidy database update — going live tomorrow –shows that Fincher collected a staggering $3.48 million in “our” money from 1999 to 2012. In 2012 alone, the congressman was cut a government check for a $70,000 direct payment. Direct payments are issued automatically, regardless of need, and go predominantly to the largest, most profitable farm operations in the country.

Fincher’s $70,000 farm subsidy haul in 2012 dwarfs the average 2012 SNAP benefit in Tennessee of $1,586.40, and it is nearly double of Tennessee’s median household income. After voting to cut SNAP by more than $20 billion, Fincher joined his colleagues to support a proposal to expand crop insurance subsidies by $9 billion over the next 10 years.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022880...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908963 May 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex Jones pushes tornado truther theory:
‘There’s weather weapon stuff going on’
I saw we feed and nurture this, let's drive these people out of their minds and into Carolville. Flack is probably staring up at the sky as we speak searching for drones and dark clouds.

In fact I think I overheard someone in the Obama administration relaying a conversation they heard:

Obama: Darn all these low level scandals of which I have no control over and played no part in but the Republicans and their mouthpiece Fox News keep trying to pin to me.

Top advisor: What about a distraction?

Obama: Well we do control the weather plus we have this huge stockpile of bullets and of course my standing army.

(indistinct conversation)

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908964 May 22, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Hi everyone,
Have you heard I got caught being Nixonian again so we have a new scandal this week too. My fellow thug, Eric Holder whom I appointed to corrupt Justice and act as the Secret Police has threatened a Fox News reporter and my buddy Eric is also violating the first amendment here too!
Just think of all the corrupt things I am and have been doing you don't know about.
Nixon was a boy scout compared to me.
You can trust me though! Honest!
One writer for the Washington Post - who was even neutral on the Benghazi scandal - said the Obama administration is getting away with high crimes and misdeameanors Richard Nixon could only dream of.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908965 May 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised your wish wasn't to be taller and smarter.
LOL!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#908966 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The DOW loves a winner(Obama). Remember when Bush left office and it was around 6,500 and everyone's 401k was in the toilet?
The DOW loves that Bernake pumped 1 trillion dollars into foreign banks--and 85 billion a month into Wall Street.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908967 May 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad the Progressives here don't have the balls to confront some of their own posters.
You folks, cheer on absolute Progressive crazies here.
Not that I really mind. It shows how far afield Progressive thought is.
That's a lie. We all went after the poster from NJ on his position on gay marriage.
You retardicans just lie about everything. Do you have balls?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908968 May 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
One writer for the Washington Post - who was even neutral on the Benghazi scandal - said the Obama administration is getting away with high crimes and misdeameanors Richard Nixon could only dream of.
What a load. I repeat, there will be no impeachment and no one will resign. Next...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#908969 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That same person can subsequently piss out that glass of water at a later time, whereas the planet has no such discharge capabilities so will continue to heat up.
Wrong.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908971 May 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your opinion about Gosnell?
Trying to make abortion just a religious issue and not an ethical one is taking a pass on ethics.
Yeah what about the ethics of it JG? You cannot turn your back on the ethics!

First you don't care about genetically altered seeds, now you're dismissing the ethics part of abortion and you have not 100% ruled out man-made global warming, wtf is wrong with you today?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908972 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text> The GMO patents reveal that companies are developing suicide seeds whose genetic traits can be turned on and off by an external chemical "inducer" -- mixed with the company's patented agrochemicals.
In the not-so-distant future, we may see farmers planting seeds that will develop into productive (but sterile) crops only if sprayed with a carefully prescribed regimen that includes the company's proprietary pesticide, fertilizer or herbicide. The latest version of Monsanto's suicide seeds won't even germinate unless exposed to a special chemical, while AstraZeneca's technologies outline how to engineer crops to become stunted or otherwise impaired if not regularly exposed to the company's chemicals.
It's best to just assume that GMOs are no different from biological weapons you idiot?
Since when is eating genetically modified shit good for you idiot? Hell the seeds can't germinate..
OBAMA MAY NOT BE A VICTIM BUT HE IS FULLY CONTROLLED...You and them should all be arrested and tried for crimes against nature and human kind. You are corrupt, evil and a dope!
You deranged democrats and Obama bin Lying are poisoning the world food supply and all you can do is be a complete idiot...
March Against Obama bin Lying and Monsanto on 5/25..
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/07/1207...
Obama bin Lying: My administration does not torture. We kill..
Looks like the Roundup has already eaten your brain, put yourself out of your misery.
Stop lying and saying that this is President Obama and the Democrats doing. Monsanto has been controlling this issue for the last 5-6 administrations you stupid idiot mental case from hell.
President Obama could not have vetoed that bill and you know it, it is the Republicans who are in bed with Monsanto you retard.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908973 May 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, it would be a big surprise if the WH asks her to resign instead they demoted or whatever Miller who was only there the last six months. Nobody ever gets fire in DC
They get promoted instead. Remember Obama's words "reward our friends"? But "punish our enemies"?

He wasn't kidding. We're in deep doo-doo if this president walks.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908974 May 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but listening to the Progressives here it is of no concern that an administration targeted their political enemies at the IRS and DOJ both.

No big deal.

Progressives have no ethics.
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#908976 May 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's on autopost
You're on vodka

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908977 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing disturbing about a winning argument against a bunch of deranged liberals... Until you realize democrats can't win on the Monsanto and Obama bin Lying.. You have nothing...
Let the truth out,'No Surprize'.Of course, you're dismissing that it is DEMOCRATS who are proposing repeal of the 'Monsanto Protection Act clause' Cynically dubbed the "Farmer Assurance Provision," the Monsanto Protection Act allows Monsanto and other companies to ignore existing food safety rules, and continue selling genetically modified seeds even if a court has blocked them from doing so.

Even worse is how this shameful giveaway became law. It was inserted anonymously, and without review into the must-pass budget bill to avoid government shutdown in March. "Smuggled into the bill President Obama signed to avert a government shutdown in March was a sneaky little rider called the “farmer assurance provision.” It’s since come to be known as the Monsanto Protection Act, being very assuring to the biotech giant, if no one else. It allows farmers to plant genetically modified crops before they’ve been declared safe by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in defiance of court orders suspending planting until environmental reviews can be completed.

Once food-advocacy groups and then the general public found out about the quietly passed provision, outcry against it spread, in the form of petitions and even rare displays of bipartisan solidarity. On Monday, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) announced that he’s introducing an amendment to the Senate version of the farm bill that would repeal the Monsanto Protection Act in its entirety." Check this out: http://grist.org/news/could-the-monsanto-prot...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#908978 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetic Seed Sterilization is it's the Holy Grail of the ag biotech industry and the obama administration.

The disclosure follows on the heels of a controversial patent unveiled last year, christened the "Terminator" that continues to generate worldwide protest and debate because it renders farm-saved seed sterile - forcing farmers to return to the commercial seed market every year.

The Terminator patent is jointly owned by the Obama bin Lying US Department of Agriculture and a Monsanto subsidiary, Delta & Pine Land Co.

From Biosafety to BioSerfdom: "We'll be hearing plenty of industry arguments in favor of engineered seed sterility and Traitor Technologies, but the ultimate goal," is not breeding benefits or biosafety, but bioserfdom."

"If Traitor technologies are developed for commercial sale, "farmers will be forced to surrender control of their seed supply and the Gene Giants will ultimately dictate what the farmer grows, how to grow it, and where to sell it. Seed sterility is not about insuring quality or productivity, it's a power grab by obama cronies pure and simple,".

Obamacare GALT??
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#908979 May 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt.

Lois Lerner, director of IRS division that targeted conservative groups pleaded the fifth today, of course that was after violating others first for three years.

Aren't Democrats great?

Oh well, at least Obama signed off on a $100,000 bonus for her, his fellow criminal.

The U.S.A. is currently being run by a two-bit dictator and fascist, Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 47,005
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]