Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908606 May 21, 2013
We have a government at present where the President doesn't want to know about anything so that he can have plausible deniability.

Anonymous White Hose staffers are more than happy to decide what the President should know.

So, who the f*ck is running the country?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908607 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Commie Lois Lerner to take the Fifth.
Now you hate Communist -Americans? There are some great ones like Van Jones, Eugene Debs, Herman Melville and Mary Elizabeth Lease.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908608 May 21, 2013
Lerner, former head of the IRS division involved in the scandal, is taking the fifth to avoid self incrimination tomorrow at the Congressional hearing

Here is a sample of Lerner's work at the FEC

Before joining the IRS, Lerner worked for the FEC and already had a paper trail documenting harassing conservative groups and asking personal questions.

This excerpt is from a deposition taken by an FEC lawyer, acting under the direction of Lois Lerner.

"Q:“During the time that you knew Pat Robertson, was it your impression that he had - he was praying for you?”

O:“I object. There is no allegation that praying creates a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act and there is no such allegation in the complaint. This is completely irrelevant and intrusive on the religious beliefs of this witness.”

O:“It is a very strange line of questioning. You have got to be kidding, really. What are you thinking of, to ask questions like that? I mean, really. I have been to some strange depositions, but I don't think I have ever had anybody inquire into somebody’s prayers. I think that is really just outrageous. And if you want to ask some questions regarding political activities, please do and then we can get over this very quickly. But if you want to ask abou somebody’s religious activities, that is outrageous.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/irss-lern...

The question was asked repeatedly and the lawyer objected repeatedly. The FEC did not ask for the content of the prayers but the IRS did.
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#908609 May 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! Let's see if any wealthy white republicans will follow suit.
Drunk lily loves the race card

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908610 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
We have a government at present where the President doesn't want to know about anything so that he can have plausible deniability.
Anonymous White Hose staffers are more than happy to decide what the President should know.
President Obama runs the country so smoothly and efficiently that everyone is too busy enjoying the fruits of their labor and leisure .
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#908611 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I prefer gfy
From Mama's vodka-laced lips
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#908612 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Can she sing 99 blue umbrellas on the wall in Russian?
Lily tunes up for the next Happy Hour

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#908614 May 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama runs the country so smoothly and efficiently that everyone is too busy enjoying the fruits of their labor and leisure .
Wow! This fruit loop honestly believes that.
WaxPriZed

Lakewood, NJ

#908615 May 21, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Evening topix friends!
Hoping that all my "opponents" so far today are enjoying my deranged comments and senseless, useless, mindless attacks against them!!!!!!!!!!
You must admit my newest sockpuppet "Homer Without 2016" excels when it comes to that. Show him some TOPIX love!!! He is another of my favorites and by far one of the most demented of all my sockpuppets so far. I am hoping "Nuculur option" may come forth today as well. I am channeling him from my wheelchair as I sit in front of my computer today in a fresh pair of industrial strength depends repeating over and over:
"I'M GOOD ENOUGH. I'M SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!
Please my friends, if he make an appearance show them some LOVE!!!!!!
I am slightly worn out right now as I was here all day judging posts and talking the entire away to myself with all my sockpuppets!!!!!! To say it was exhausting would be an understatement!
I got off to a slow start with the judgit competition today so please, keep up the judging without me while I get some chow from the hospital canteen. Dont' worry, I will most assuredly catch up at some point. After I have my cafeteria style din-din and get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength of course!!), take my meds and have a quick chat with my doctor I will return relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!! See you in bit!
PS! If anyone wants to hook up with me (men only!!!) please leave your number in my personal topix mailbox!! The days are long and lonely on the psych ward where I have been condemned to live out the rest of my useless and delusional life.
Call me, please!!!!
Warmest and most desperate regards: "Not Surprized"
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#908616 May 21, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No one forced those women to go to that doctor, abortion is legal in this country. I don't think that women should be treated like criminals. Cucinelli is a madman
Why do you hate women?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908617 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>President Obama runs the country so smoothly and efficiently that everyone is too busy enjoying the fruits of their labor and leisure .
That is why we have 3 scandals and a bunch of people who should know what is going on claiming they have no clue about anything unless they read the paper.

Our enemies know we have bumbling fools running the country.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908618 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
I think we all know who is in charge and no one voted for her.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908619 May 21, 2013
'The times they are a changin'.....Wonder what these wunder boys are sayin' now about Federal relief? If I was handing out checks, I'd say "before you get your hands on this, say it: say 'government has legitimate purposes that need to be financed.' Then say,'the whole analogy between a household budget and a government budget is bogus. Governments can print money, but households can't.' And then admit it:'when we call for balanced budgets, really we're calling for economic pain for low income people and benefits for rich bankers.' Go on, say it, or this money goes to fund Planned Parenthood and climate change research." ' Oklahoma freshmen representatives vote against Sandy relief
Oklahoma's two freshman congressmen, Jim Bridenstine and Markwayne Mullin, were among 67 Republicans to vote against nearly $10 billion in emergency relief for flood victims in the northeast United States.
This article was published on tulsaworld.com on 1/4/2013.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908620 May 21, 2013
Anyone can do what this president is doing. Read speeches from teleprompters, blame republicans, hold 15 minute briefings, play golf, blame republicans, fly off somewhere and read more speeches, pretend to know nothing, blame republicans, and expect everyone else to do your job and cover for you.

What could be easier?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908621 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why we have 3 scandals and a bunch of people who should know what is going on claiming they have no clue about anything unless they read the paper.
Our enemies know we have bumbling fools running the country.
Yeah, your 'scandals' are only legend in a republican mind. No one else in America believes you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908622 May 21, 2013
<quoted text> Now you hate Communist -Americans? There are some great ones like Van Jones, Eugene Debs, Herman Melville and Mary Elizabeth Lease.
Communists are scum, including Obama buddy Van Jones.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908623 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Lerner, former head of the IRS division involved in the scandal, is taking the fifth to avoid self incrimination tomorrow at the Congressional hearing
Here is a sample of Lerner's work at the FEC
Before joining the IRS, Lerner worked for the FEC and already had a paper trail documenting harassing conservative groups and asking personal questions.
This excerpt is from a deposition taken by an FEC lawyer, acting under the direction of Lois Lerner.
"Q:“During the time that you knew Pat Robertson, was it your impression that he had - he was praying for you?”
O:“I object. There is no allegation that praying creates a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act and there is no such allegation in the complaint. This is completely irrelevant and intrusive on the religious beliefs of this witness.”
O:“It is a very strange line of questioning. You have got to be kidding, really. What are you thinking of, to ask questions like that? I mean, really. I have been to some strange depositions, but I don't think I have ever had anybody inquire into somebody’s prayers. I think that is really just outrageous. And if you want to ask some questions regarding political activities, please do and then we can get over this very quickly. But if you want to ask abou somebody’s religious activities, that is outrageous.”
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/irss-lern...
The question was asked repeatedly and the lawyer objected repeatedly. The FEC did not ask for the content of the prayers but the IRS did.
Lerner will likely be promoted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908624 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all know who is in charge and no one voted for her.
Moochelle?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908625 May 21, 2013
Time for some time travel back to 1975 when the claim was Global cooling was causing tornado outbreaks.

Copy of the original article from 'Newsweek' can be found here.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TI79GC...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908626 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lerner will likely be promoted.
She is know in charge of Obamacare for the IRS.

Will we have to divulge the contents of our prayers prior to receiving care?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth regarding Ebola 25 min c Everett Coop 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min Frijoles 71,006
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min WelbyMD 181,760
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr giantnig 8
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 2 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Grau 68,881
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST