Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,711)

Showing posts 834,201 - 834,220 of1,072,092
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Your first sentence reveals that you don't know classical liberalism thought and your attempt to divorce modern revisionist libertarianism from the classical liberal tradition shows your real motives are ideological and not honest.
You mean your first sentence reveals that you don't know classical liberalism thought and your attempt to divorce modern revisionist libertarianism from the classical liberal tradition shows your real motives are ideological and not honest just like FDR did who was in no sense a Liberal just a bigot calling himself a Liberal selling Leninism as Liberalism.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
New Madrid, MO and Charleston, SC are likely sites for major earthquakes.
My bet is on New Madrid. Last one was a real dousey.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The US corporate tax rate is the highest in the world, and that is the source of the problem.
Apple pays taxes on profits in the countries in which the profits are earned, just like any other multinational company.
(In the spirit of full disclosure, Galt is not an Apple stockholder, nor a particular fan of the company.)
But Apple looks good compared to a buffoon like Carl Levin.
So how many actually paid an effective rate of 35%?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Facts as we know them.
Happy national strawberries and cream day Homer. And perhaps you've noticed that the DOW surpassed 15,400 today, amazing how consumer confidence makes everything better eh?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken Lay had the same relationship to and depth of knowledge of the rogue traders who destroyed Enron as Obama has to the IRS employees who violated the Constitutional rights of Americans.
Lay was convicted because the buck stops at the top.
Obama not so much.
98 top executives at Enron who pleaded guilty testified against Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling ; no one has testified against Obama for any wrongdoing punishable under the law.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This grab for overseas profits will only have companies moving their headquarters overseas.
lol! Then why don't they son?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Another Union boss not happy with ObamaCare

" For decades, unions have negotiated high quality, affordable health insurance through nonprofit Taft-Hartley plans — one of the few reliable private providers for lower income individuals.…

But as currently interpreted, the ACA would block these plans from the law’s benefits (such as the subsidy for lower-income individuals and families) while subjecting them to the law’s penalties (like the $63 per insured person to subsidize Big Insurance). This creates unstoppable incentives for employers to reduce weekly hours for workers currently on our plans and push them onto the exchanges where many will pay higher costs for poorer insurance with a more limited network of providers. In other words, they will be forced to change their coverage and quite possibly their doctor. Others will be channeled into Medicaid, where taxpayers must pick up the tab.…

We don’t want a handout. Our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. Let me repeat — our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. We just want them to be treated fairly."

http://thehill.com/opinion/op-ed/300823-treat...

The claim is not all non-profits are being treated equally/fairly.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
An outright lie, not even claimed by a buffoon like Carl Levin.
"Apple effectively shifts billions of dollars in profits offshore, profits that under one section of the tax code should nonetheless be subject to US taxes, but through a complex process avoids those taxes," said Senator Carl Levin. " http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken Lay had the same relationship to and depth of knowledge of the rogue traders who destroyed Enron as Obama has to the IRS employees who violated the Constitutional rights of Americans.
Obama not so much.
The so called rogue traders were still under Enron control. Besides, creating dummy sub entities to offset losses to remove them from the books is illegal.

And reporting to the SEC how 'swell' things were was clearly against the fiduciary responsibility of senior management.

I'm not sure where you're headed with the rogue traders. They certainly didn't have anything to do with illegal executive shenanigans.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
New York and New Jersey were hit by more hurricanes in the 1950s and 1960s than in recent years
Okay Mr. Statistics, when was the last time New Jersey had a hurricane, an earthquake, a tornado, &a storm that caused widespread destruction like a hurricane but, created a path of destruction like a tornado in a years time? If it ever happened, I don't think they had enough cognitive thought to keep records back then It takes someone brilliantly dumb, to argue a fact that's dumb to begin with!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama not so much.
btw, the irs under bushie's regime actually went beyond the current IRS state.

So if believe Constitutional rights were violated here, it's clear you had no qualms when it was done in the past son.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many actually paid an effective rate of 35%?
Mitt Romney and Bain Capital never has paid .
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Iraq war John Kerry: I voted for the war before I was against it...
Yeah you neo-nazi liberals do what neo-nazi liberals and fascist do best LIE.
You Neo-Nazis opposed the Invasion of Iraq. Basically the Neo-Nazi liberals support any Arab country because they all oppose Israel and support exterminating the Jews you idiot...
So did I son. I reluctantly supported the effort.

That's what happens when you president lies to you.

And as you clearly don't understand, only one person had the power to do the invasion.

And it was his call, and bushie made.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
I believe we were talking about this a bit ago. Seems a company called GrubHub is merging with a few smaller companies to form a national restaurant home delivery service. Want to eat at your favorite restaurant but don't want to get dress up? Just call the yet unnamed company and they will go to the restaurant, pick up your meal and deliver it to your home. They at this time affiliated with 20,000 local and chain restaurants nationwide.
It will be interesting to see if this flies. We had one here a few years ago but the doubling of gas prices killed it.
People like it www.grubhub.com/orlando particularly in the tourist corridor.

We have a dozen similar companies serving the area.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Apple already did move overseas to avoid playing by the tax rules that every other American corporation must do. How is that morally justifiable? Mitt Romney said himself that he agreed that tax moochers should be held accountable, prosecuted ,swiftly convicted and jailed.
First, there is no accusations that Apple is not following the tax code.

Second, many BIG companies are multinational and are paying taxes for income earned to the country where they occur

Third, morally justified??

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Another Union boss not happy with ObamaCare
" For decades, unions have negotiated high quality, affordable health insurance through nonprofit Taft-Hartley plans — one of the few reliable private providers for lower income individuals.…
But as currently interpreted, the ACA would block these plans from the law’s benefits (such as the subsidy for lower-income individuals and families) while subjecting them to the law’s penalties (like the $63 per insured person to subsidize Big Insurance). This creates unstoppable incentives for employers to reduce weekly hours for workers currently on our plans and push them onto the exchanges where many will pay higher costs for poorer insurance with a more limited network of providers. In other words, they will be forced to change their coverage and quite possibly their doctor. Others will be channeled into Medicaid, where taxpayers must pick up the tab.…

We don’t want a handout. Our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. Let me repeat — our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. We just want them to be treated fairly."
http://thehill.com/opinion/op-ed/300823-treat...
The claim is not all non-profits are being treated equally/fairly.
Check this out and stay more informed on Labor's Talk Radio: www.TheUnionEdge.com
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Then why don't they son?
They have

http://www.comparebusinessproducts.com/fyi/10...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So did I son. I reluctantly supported the effort.
That's what happens when you president lies to you.
And as you clearly don't understand, only one person had the power to do the invasion.
And it was his call, and bushie made.
I sincerely hope not as the law states that approval of congress is required.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> And what 'safety net' are you assuming will always be there? Voluntary charities and churches? This is true up to a point,but as the history of American catastrophic crises(climate change-induced extreme weather events, wars,economic depressions, etc.) have shown voluntary 'charities and churches', private and local relief resources have been overwhelmed and sadly inadequate to meet those dire challenges; only the U S government(under a united American people? has the combined willpower, resources, and power to provide the necessary 'safety net'.
There ARE economists who believe the creation of big government and FDR's New Deal created more problems than it solved. Considering the entitlement programs are out of control and the collapse of Medicaid and Social Security is inevitable without major reforms, one would have to think they were right.

The same economists claim the free market would have corrected itself in large part if given more time.

Most taxpayers want to provide a safety net. Bad times can fall on anyone.

But dependency on others as a lifestyle with the government's blessing - especially when half the country is dependent on the other half - can't be good for the nation.

Even you should be able to admit that.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Rand Paul pretty much summarizes the whole Apple sideshow in the Senate

"Tell me one of these politicians up here that doesn’t minimize their taxes. Tell me a chief financial officer that you would hire if he didn’t try to minimize your taxes legally. Tell me what Apple has done that is illegal.

I am offended by a government that uses the IRS to bully groups such as the Tea Party but I am also offended by a government that convenes a hearing to bully one of American’s success stories.

I am offended by the spectacle of dragging in here executives from an American company that is not doing anything illegal. If anyone should be on trial here, it should be Congress."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 834,201 - 834,220 of1,072,092
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-11 4 min Kuuipo 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Maverick 808 45,473
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,612
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min scirocco 68,157
Amy 7-11 25 min Toj 12
Word (Dec '08) 30 min Doug77 4,574
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 46 min george 3,816
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info