Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908156 May 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals can't seem to separate the two.
"Punish your enemies, reward your friends."
President Obama
Pretty much summarizes the Progressive motto
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908157 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Running a little late this morning?
Still early here.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908158 May 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I listed some of the characteristics of fascism; all of which apply to your party.
Tell us how you perceive President Obama to be a fascist?
One of the characteristics of fascism is....

"Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe"

That is the whole mission of the Progressive establishment.

It is all about IDing 'enemies' aka individuals who do not support the policies of Obama.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908159 May 21, 2013
Another charateristic...

"Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives"

Obama admin and its sock puppet-Media Matter- clearly ID media they approve of and disapprove of. Those who don't comply are harass by the DOJ
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908160 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You idiots really need to take a reading and comprehension class. Go back and reread my entire post then try again.
The Dixie Chicks vilified their own fans and the fans reciprocated.

End of a story of career suicide.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908161 May 21, 2013
"Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion."

All those looney Obama halos
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908162 May 21, 2013
This is for Galt; I'll just post the ones most pertinent to rightwingers in relation to fascism:
The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism:
7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed
to the government's policies or actions.
9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Sound familiar Galt?
http://rense.com/general37/fascism.htm
Sounds like the rightwinger Bill of Rights.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#908163 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Please stop, you have no idea what you are talking about. And before the rest of you rightwingers chime in I am not suggesting flodding wasn't a major cause of the damage, there was a ton of damage done due to the wind. No surprise you couldn't see that from 3,000 miles away, Homer lived through it as well as most of my family, friends and co-workers. So fck off.
This from the idiot that claimed right up to the last minute it was a FOX inspired non-story.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908164 May 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That was Beautiful.
Creating a lifestyle of dependency by taking away one's dignity is what you call compassion?

A safety net will always be available. Charities and churches will also reach out to those in need.

But the government is not a charity organization. Neither is it the collective conscious of the people.

Once you go there, the next step is a police state. Just ask the Venezuelans. Chavez had a "big heart" too in winning over the people until he took over the media and cofiscated people's businesses in the name of "charity".

Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#908165 May 21, 2013
This is for Galt; I'll just post the ones most pertinent to rightwingers in relation to fascism:
The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism:
7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
blah... blah... blah... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Sound familiar Galt?
http://rense.com/general37/fascism.htm
"7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses."
Janet Napolitano is procuring massive amounts of weaponry preparing for a large scale war with the American people.
"8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions."
Bullshit.
The government uses any programmed belief to manipulate public opinion. Religion is just one of many programmed beliefs available for use. In the case of the fascist Democrats, they programmed the ocuntry with lies to brainwash the population that the United States is inherently evil, and later (today) use that programmed belief to manipulate public opinion.
Your reference is obviously programming you to treat religion (in particular Christianity, while programming you to absolve Islam) with disdain.
"9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite."
GM? The Fed counterfeiting money? Obama taking over Wall Street banks? Obama creating a so-called "green" industry and economy... a failed corporate system being artificially sustained?
"10. Labor is suppressed...."
Only those labor organizations not alligned with the fascist party seeking power. Lying again.
"11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked."
Disallowing non-progressives to teach in our universities? Teaching fraudulent history and misrepresentation of philosophy? Media assault on any opposition to Obama?
And, you just got to love this one...
Fraudulent elections....
Perhaps you were in a coma when there were 70 precincts just in the Cleveland area of Ohio where the voting machines were programmed to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's easy to find the locations where 100 percent of the vote was stolen. It's impossible to find the locations where the computer programs were written to steal one in three, or one in four votes.
Nobody knows who won the election.
What you have done is prove the Democrats are fascist.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908166 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still early here.
So you put your hat on as normal then? My bad.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908167 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The Pacific is cooling. The Atlantic is warmer. It is the same weather pattern we had in the fifties.
Agree, the temps shift between the two bodies of water.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908168 May 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been a Republican since 1992, skanque.
Now...
You didn't respond to the post. Here it is again for your convenient reference:
The Marine's sole function is to protect the president. Obviously, to any person connected to the real world, this sole function was severely impeded.
Perhaps Obama thinks he doesn't need Marines to protect him. I've got a simple solution. Don't deploy Marines to the White House.
This is nothing more than more evidence that Obama is an elitist with a medieval mentality that categorizes everyone outside of his ruling elite circle as peasants bound to the land.
Since Obama thinks money grows on trees, take some of that free money and hire some butlers.
Have You EVER SERVED in the U S Marines or any military service,son? No? I didn't think so.'Col. Jessep: You ever served in an infantry unit son?
DBWriter: No Sir.
Col. Jessep: You ever served in a forward area unit?
Col. Jessep: You ever put your life in another mans hands, and in return, asked him to put his life in yours?
Col. Jessep: We follow orders, we follow orders or people die, it’s that simple. Are we clear?
DBWriter: Yes, Sir.
Col. Jessep: Are we clear!
DBWriter: Crystal.' President Barack H. Obama IS the Commander-in-Chief of ALL U S Armed Forces and no U S Marine or any other American military service member would ignore or refuse an order from the superior , commanding officer. Get it, DBWriter? The President of the United States gives an order and you follow it or people die.'Are we clear?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908169 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the rightwinger Bill of Rights.
Hey, I posted a list with examples directly related to Obama and the current scandals and other documented behaviors.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908170 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Another one who doesn't know the definition of fascism.
You rightwingers continue to bandy about terms about which you know nothing.
Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that promotes the mass mobilization of the national community, relying on a vanguard party to initiate a revolution to organize the nation on fascist principles.

Hostile to liberal democracy, fascist movements share certain common features, including the veneration of the state and a devotion to a strong leader.

Fascist ideology consistently invoked the primacy of the state. Leaders such as Benito Mussolini in Italy and Adolf Hitler in Germany embodied the state and claimed indisputable power.

Sounds a lot like ACORN, the Democrat Party, and Obama.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908171 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> This from the idiot that claimed right up to the last minute it was a FOX inspired non-story.
Not bad, I did say Fox was over-hyping it as well as other media outlets, I admit it. Homer was mostly just appealing for calm.

So now take it up with Galt, he said it was just a little rainstorm.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908172 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the characteristics of fascism is....
"Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe"
That is the whole mission of the Progressive establishment.
It is all about IDing 'enemies' aka individuals who do not support the policies of Obama.
Should have included the IRS scandal where groups perceived as enemies of Obama were targeted.

Let's not forget the Progressive sites that publish the names of Romney donors and encouraged their followers to harass them.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908173 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was left a pile of crap, his accomplishments/responsibiliti es in turning this country around is what won him re-election. He should definitely take the credit and Bush the continual blame until the ship is fully righted.
The pile of crap was left by both Democrats and Republicans.

Say it, Homer. Say it out loud. The truth will set you free. I promise.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908174 May 21, 2013
" Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need."

A drone strike on a US citizen.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908175 May 21, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Obama’s handling of controversies about the I.R.S., the Justice Department, and Benghazi has raised “grave doubts” about his ability to cope if he ever became involved in an actual scandal, prominent Republicans said today.

“If this is how he handles this stuff, Lord have mercy on him if he ever has to deal with a real scandal,” said newly elected Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S. Carolina).“Quite frankly, I don’t think he has what it takes.”

“The true test of a leader is this,” Rep. Sanford added.“When he gets in a fix, does he have the presence of mind to lie about his whereabouts? Sadly, I don’t think President Obama passes that test.”

Mr. Sanford’s concerns mirror those of another leading Republican lawmaker, Sen. David Vitter (R-Louisiana).
If President Obama honestly thinks he’s dealing with scandals right now, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know what a scandal is,” Sen. Vitter said.“And that’s very worrisome.”

“When you get that three A.M. phone call, and it’s a reporter claiming that a prostitute said you like to dress up in a diaper, are you prepared for that call?” Sen. Vitter said.“In the case of President Obama, I am afraid that the answer is no.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Scrutiny 178,173
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min PEllen 98,240
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 24 min Mr oH 4
Ask Amy 9-21-14 27 min PEllen 5
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min OzRitz 46,797
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Larissa Hernandez 4,719
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,521
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••