Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
833,841 - 833,860 of 1,096,194 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Will Republicans Screw Up Again? Some Are Already Overreaching

....letís not forget: Republicans failed to capitalize on President Bill Clintonís inappropriate conduct by over-playing their hand and pushing impeachment. Not only did they fail to drive him from office, the GOP ended up losing a handful of House seats in the 1998 midterms instead of adding seats as initially expected.

Republicans allowed themselves to look as if they were primarily interested in scoring political points and overturning the results of the 1996 election, even if it meant paralyzing the government.

That same danger exists once again for the GOP.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/will-rep...

check the polls. most think that the Admin has overreached on Benghazi and the IRS Tea Party 'scandal', but check Obama's poll numbers and they lead back to the economy.

it's improving and so are his poll numbers.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ok but watch out for the shipping. International shipping can be expensive.
Fed Ex or UPS maybe $60 each way. but I saved $400.00 in taxes.

I see a whole lot or border businesses popping up.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"They just donít like people", says the member of the party that hacks live babies into little pices for convenience.
You posted some decent rescue sites etc last night, Abdul. Dont start being a fckng politicizing opportunist phaggot today...
you should see Colburn's Facebook page.

it's an internet lynching because he had to go there ASAP. like 5 minutes after the storm struck.

so let's talk about that politicizing opportunist thing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Another Poll Shows No Public Backlash Against Obama

...Obama's approval rating stands at 51 percent, a modest 1-point uptick since last month's ABC/WaPo survey. Forty-four percent said they disapprove, down a point from last month. The President likely benefitted from a rosier economic outlook. Fifty-six percent said they believe the economy has begun to recover, up three points from March. Obama's job approval on the economy ó 48 percent ó jumped four points since last month's ABC/WaPo poll.

A CNN/ORC International poll released on Sunday also showed that, despite growing skepticism toward the IRS and Benghazi, Obama had not yet paid a political price for the controversies.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Now what?

Economically, Could Obama Be America's Best President?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2013/...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You hit on the major issue in natural disasters like Ok; stick construction is like buildng a home out of tissue paper. My AZ compound here utilizes 2' thick adobe walls, and AK47 rounds cant penetrate more than an inch or so. I dont know how ANYTHING could withstand 200 mph winds unscathed though...
Maybe not 200mph but buildings here have to do 150mph. Building square or rectangular buildings is just asking for trouble. They should be rounded or better yet buried.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The pictures and video I saw said the 'hardened places' were blown flat. Luck is all that saved some of those children. People out in those parts that under ground is the safest place. I ask again " Why were there no storm shelters at those schools?".
You weren't paying attention as usual Flacko.

There were hardened spaces and they were not blown flat.

By the way, you only assume that the children who died were at the school. Plenty of mobile homss ripped apart too.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fed Ex or UPS maybe $60 each way. but I saved $400.00 in taxes.
I see a whole lot or border businesses popping up.
Good! Real people going to work and starting businesses. Not a bunch of phony magic number play.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

March Against Obama bin Lying and Monsanto on 5/25..

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/07/1207 ...

Biotech lobbyists and Monsanto exec's litter obama's cabinet and FDA you fools.

Two of the Obama's biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock.

The Monsanto Protection Act was signed into law by Barack Obama bin Lying...

A president obama who presented himself, and was believed by many to be, an extraordinary departure from politics as usual. Not only was that a wrong assessment, Obama was lying all along, a sellout. He was, and he still is, Monsanto's man in Washington.

You deranged democrats and Obama bin Lying are poisoning the food supply and all you can do is rag on republicans... LOL...

http://occupy-monsanto.com/tag/march/

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The pictures and video I saw said the 'hardened places' were blown flat. Luck is all that saved some of those children. People out in those parts that under ground is the safest place. I ask again " Why were there no storm shelters at those schools?".
Probably because your heartless, hypocritical Greedy Old Pricks cut funding to schools just as they did for diplomatic security...'course it'll all be Obama's fault in a vast left-wing conspiracy quicker than the same wastes of air can get an investigative committee going to hog some more airtime.(I really don't mind that as the more one sees the Gormless Odd Gohmerts of the ilk, the less inclined he/she is to vote for them.)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good! Real people going to work and starting businesses. Not a bunch of phony magic number play.
Please stop, you're making an idiot out of yourself.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You hit on the major issue in natural disasters like Ok; stick construction is like buildng a home out of tissue paper. My AZ compound here utilizes 2' thick adobe walls, and AK47 rounds cant penetrate more than an inch or so. I dont know how ANYTHING could withstand 200 mph winds unscathed though...
You must have some ballistic underwear you gasbag! Your pharts must blow way over 200 mph.
How can you stand it?

Anyway: USA citizens worth OVER $50 TRILLION DOLLARS TODAY!

Most of it in a few greedy hands: top 10% own 90%.

SO LET THE RICH PAY MORE: THEY OWN IT, THEY GET TO MAINTAIN IT!

Maintenance: jobs, healthcare, education, retirement, storm clean up, etc.

Raise taxes on rich incomes: way up there! The rich can afford it, they are richer than ever before right now!

Republicans <----- Total dumb fffffcking greedy iceholes!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Keyword phrase = "not yet". It took two years for Watergate to take down Nixon as info surfaced gradually. We have three years of fact-finding to go here...
don't you find it telling that you say 'three years'?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Keyword phrase = "not yet". It took two years for Watergate to take down Nixon as info surfaced gradually. We have three years of fact-finding to go here...
See this is the problem with rightwingers/Republicans, this has been their goal since the day he was elected. Aint never gonna happen. More and more Americans hate rightwingers and their absolute refusal to work with this president.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I just looked at it. He has two posts about the tornado; one listing Red Cross sites (EXACTLY like you posted last night), and another saying his thoughts & prayers are with the victims.
STFU, and dont be a phag....
sonicfiller will re-write or change his Cut-n-Paste bullshit. He's verifiable a liar, he will steal others work and will misrepresent the truth as a plagiarist...

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's your claim son.
But we know bushie lied. And killed 4,400+ Americans while spending trillions and killing civilians for no reason at all.
I'm getting really tired of this broken record.

Pay attention.

Bush, the UN and Intel all agreed Saddam had WMDs.
111 Democrats agreed with the UN, Intel and Bush.
The Democrats passed the Resolution to give Bush the authority to take down Saddam - which was the only original mission.
The enemy declared Iraq the frontlines.
The Iraq War then became about defeating the enemy.

If Bush lied, the UN lied and 111 Democrats lied.
Everyone knew Saddam had the capabilities to possess WMDs and would have them again.

Not finding them did not mean they were never there or were somewhere else.

A handful of Democrats lied to you saying Bush lied to them. Most of them did not. Only the ones who had an election to win.

It's the same pattern now. Win at all costs.

Your party lied to you then and they are lying to you now.

So please change the record.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I just looked at it. He has two posts about the tornado; one listing Red Cross sites (EXACTLY like you posted last night), and another saying his thoughts & prayers are with the victims.
STFU, and dont be a phag....
Coburn spokesman John Hart on Monday evening confirmed that the senator will seek to ensure that any additional funding for tornado disaster relief in Oklahoma be offset by cuts to federal spending elsewhere in the budget.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/okla...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because your heartless, hypocritical Greedy Old Pricks cut funding to schools just as they did for diplomatic security...'course it'll all be Obama's fault in a vast left-wing conspiracy quicker than the same wastes of air can get an investigative committee going to hog some more airtime.(I really don't mind that as the more one sees the Gormless Odd Gohmerts of the ilk, the less inclined he/she is to vote for them.)
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your mind" and YOU are just a pathetic old fool ranting against your failures and miserable lifestyle you moron...

You never grow tired of making a fool out of yourself do you leosnana?? You idiot democrats will eat anything or garbage your handlers or obama slips or shits on your plate...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/07/1207 ...
Biotech lobbyists and Monsanto exec's litter obama's cabinet and FDA you fools.
Two of the Obama's biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock.
The Monsanto Protection Act was signed into law by Barack Obama bin Lying...
A president obama who presented himself, and was believed by many to be, an extraordinary departure from politics as usual. Not only was that a wrong assessment, Obama was lying all along, a sellout. He was, and he still is, Monsanto's man in Washington.
You deranged democrats and Obama bin Lying are poisoning the food supply and all you can do is rag on republicans... LOL...
http://occupy-monsanto.com/tag/march/
yawn.

copy and paste it 50 times today and we'll all be taking naps.

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good! Real people going to work and starting businesses. Not a bunch of phony magic number play.
The other side of the border.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min edogxxx 97,827
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 13 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 17 min Redlex busted 179
Amy 8-22 20 min edogxxx 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min TRD 68,297

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search