Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497597 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908921 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I have stated numerous times I am on the fence with regards to manmade global warming, however unlike you backwood hillbillies I refuse to rule it out completely. This is what separates Homer from the rabid left/right.
Galt considers man-made global warming an unproven theory, in which case we should be cautious in making drastic changes to our way of life and economy until there is more evidence.

Or does Homer believe that the evidence is so overwhelming and the need so urgent that we must turn the world upside down immediately?

Homer's fellow travelers on the left are completely convinced about man-made global warming to the absolute exclusion of anything else, a position based on politics and not on science.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#908923 May 22, 2013
If you read the Articles of Impeachment and Watergate...

http://watergate.info/impeachment/articles-of...

..and substitute Obama's name with Nixon's and change just a few phrases that apply to Obama's scandals rather than Nixon's, can someone please tell me the difference?

Obama is managing to stay under the radar so far and Nixon was eventually implicated as part of the coverup, but the implausibility of Obama's lack of knowledge about any of these growing scandals is becoming increasingly suspect.

Of course, many of us believe his feigning lack of knowledge is PART of the coverup.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908924 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'll find paranoia to be pretty common amongst the rightwing crowd.
Alex Jones pushes tornado truther theory:

‘There’s weather weapon stuff going on’
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908925 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama and Monsanto is a losing issue for liberals... "YOU M*R*N"
Tell someone who cares.

You probably think abortion is a winning issue for Conservatives.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#908926 May 22, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The only devices you comprehend are silicone, battery-operated, and dark, long & smelly (like your gutrid pash).....
They have fallen over the edge.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908927 May 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
vulgare = vulgar (certainly not going for Vulgate, lol)
In Virginia, it's Vulvagate. Cuncinelli wants to outlaw oral sex now.
That's certainly a guy who never got laid in high school either.
He also wants to require every woman who has had a miscarriage to bring the remains to be tested to see if it was a self induced abortion so he can charge them with murder.
Will he employ miscarrage police to go door to door to do this?
Special plumbers to forensically suck up any bloody clots?
He's a real sicko from Sickville.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#908928 May 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex Jones pushes tornado truther theory:
‘There’s weather weapon stuff going on’
http://denisdutton.com/newsweek_coolingworld....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908929 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day reading food labels.
The labels will be larger than the product
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908930 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt doesn't understand this is another round about way to go after Obama. Come on Galt, jump in, get with the program already. All for one and one for all!
Galt thinks that man-made global warming and the danger of these seeds are equally believable unproven theories. The only difference is that the safety/hazard of the seeds can be proven, one way or the other.

Not so much for man-made global warming.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908932 May 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Homer__the DOW just surpassed 15,500!
The DOW loves a winner(Obama). Remember when Bush left office and it was around 6,500 and everyone's 401k was in the toilet?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#908934 May 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Galt doesn't understand this is another round about way to go after Obama. Come on Galt, jump in, get with the program already. All for one and one for all!
Obama and you deranged democrats are poisoning the world food supply and all Homer can do is rag on Galt??...

March Against Obama bin Lying and Monsanto on 5/25..

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/07/1207...

Obama bin Lying: My administration does not torture. We kill..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908935 May 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama and Monsanto is a losing issue for liberals... "YOU M*R*N"
Todd Akin, Richard Mourdoch, and Christine O'Donnell agree with you, so you're in good company.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908936 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell someone who cares.
You probably think abortion is a winning issue for Conservatives.
Go for it Galt; have to give Galt credit for realizing that abortion and religion are destroying their party.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#908938 May 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Have you heard about Vulvagate?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908939 May 22, 2013
New Yorkers have a choice for Mayor between Weinerman and a lesbian.

What a great place!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#908940 May 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
If you read the Articles of Impeachment and Watergate...
http://watergate.info/impeachment/articles-of...
..and substitute Obama's name with Nixon's and change just a few phrases that apply to Obama's scandals rather than Nixon's, can someone please tell me the difference?
Obama is managing to stay under the radar so far and Nixon was eventually implicated as part of the coverup, but the implausibility of Obama's lack of knowledge about any of these growing scandals is becoming increasingly suspect.
Of course, many of us believe his feigning lack of knowledge is PART of the coverup.
It took a couple years to untangle Watergate.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#908941 May 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it Galt; have to give Galt credit for realizing that abortion and religion are destroying their party.
Religion?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908942 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt considers man-made global warming an unproven theory, in which case we should be cautious in making drastic changes to our way of life and economy until there is more evidence.
Or does Homer believe that the evidence is so overwhelming and the need so urgent that we must turn the world upside down immediately?
Homer's fellow travelers on the left are completely convinced about man-made global warming to the absolute exclusion of anything else, a position based on politics and not on science.
Calm down JG, Homer is with you as far as it being an unproven theory. You however are unlike your fellow travelers on the right who are completely convinced that man-made global warming is in no way a possibility, and their position is also based on politics and not on science.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#908943 May 22, 2013
HERE'S A LITTLE RECAP OF LAST YEAR.........

Coincidence? Just wondering..........

Alabama beat Arkansas,
and Arkansas fired their coach.

Alabama beat Tennessee,
and Tennessee fired their coach.

Alabama beat Auburn,
and Auburn fired their coach.

Then Alabama beat Notre Dame, and the Pope resigned.......

Damn, I wish the White House had a team!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#908944 May 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt thinks that man-made global warming and the danger of these seeds are equally believable unproven theories. The only difference is that the safety/hazard of the seeds can be proven, one way or the other.
Not so much for man-made global warming.
Sterile Seeds: Why Worry? "These technologies are extremely dangerous," explains "because over 1.4 billion farmers - primarily poor farmers in Africa, Asia and Latin America - depend on farm-saved seed as their primary seed source. Monsanto GMO seeds do not germinate. If farmers can't save seed, they can't continue to adapt crops to their unique farming environments, and that spells disaster for global food security, meaning all seeds must be purchase cronies like Monsanto"

"Genetic seed sterility is not about improving the productivity or quality of crops, it's a quest to increase seed industry profits." "First and foremost, these technologies are intended to force farmers to buy seed every season and to take still more crop production control away from farmers and rely on GMO's."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,629
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Rshermr 63,363
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 15 min Patriot AKA Bozo 8,001
last post wins! (Apr '13) 36 min honeymylove 2,308
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 42 min GEORGIA 2,477
last post wins! (Dec '10) 43 min boundary painter 3,010
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 45 min GEORGIA 3,604

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages