Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1225042 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#908277 May 21, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop watching MSNBC.
They don't teach arithmetic on MSNBC. You morons need to watch something like Sesame Street to help you with your math skills.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908278 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you fill me in with what is happening?
Democrats want more taxes.

Same old story.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#908279 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> as I said a libtard loon. I will however give Forbes credit their entire organization is balanced between the far right and the far left.
He is likely a conservative Flack__at least in the fiscal sense.

Whatever he is it's a safe bet that you can't afford the admission price to his seminars.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#908280 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call an earthquake in New Jersey is a tiny tremor, the likes of which California experiences virtually every day.
Big deal.
It figures there would be 1 dumass to comment,not even knowing what the topic was about. I never said it was a big deal of the earthquake alone. It was all of natures occurrences that doesn't naturally happen in Jersey to happen in a years time is just proof it's not a part of natures natural occurrences. We rarely get hurricanes, & we never get earthquakes or tornados so the fact that all 3 plus a destructive unnamed storm that tore South Jersey to sheds is proof that these occurrences are far from nature taking it's course!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#908281 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
True. It has always been said history cannot be written until all those involved are gone.
A new fresh look is being taken of FDR's policies, EOs and even his economics.
A book called 'FDR Follies' outlines how his policies painfully extend the Depression for years.
I will have to get it which I have seen it before but your right his policies extended the Depression and why FDR was considered acting & becoming like a conservative because FDR refused to change policy and FDR was the one that redefined the what it meant to be a liberal besides the Conservatives prior to FDR where actually True Liberals(what today is known as the Classical Sense) and rejected change and everything that FDR stood for.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#908282 May 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The post to which I relied said he had done it already. Try to keep up.
Actually, double would be around 21 1/4.
It will pass that by a couple of trillion. Easy.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#908283 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Democrats attacking Apple today.
Successful companies are not welcome.
lol! Where's Romney to support them?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908284 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Apple pays very little in U.S. taxes and the Senators are inquirying as to why.
Apple paid $6 billion in federal income taxes in 2012.

Government Motors and General Electric paid nothing.

Who should be grilled by Congress?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908285 May 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"the forth paragraph"??? You've been writing more and more as though you didn't make it through the fourth grade...
Let us be blunt here. This is a message board and I rather read a thoughtful response from a Progressive who may have typos, grammar errors, misused words and spelling errors as that post exhibits some intelligence. Yours do not.

Stop interrupting the conversation with this childishness.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#908286 May 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, you don't like efficiency experts and adore bureaucratic redtape that often frustrates your activities for the entire day. See what Freud said about sadism and sexuality. "A person who feels pleasure in producing pain in someone else in a sexual relationship is also capable of enjoying as pleasure any pain which he may himself derive from sexual relations. A sadist is always at the same time a masochist."
SIGMUND FREUD, Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality
You are about as wrong as somebody could possibly be.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#908287 May 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made such a post.
You are a liar.
Obama doesn't know what the hell is going on either. Or so he claims. You too RealDave... You both are liars..
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908288 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Apple pays very little in U.S. taxes and the Senators are inquirying as to why.
Thanks
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908289 May 21, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It figures there would be 1 dumass to comment,not even knowing what the topic was about. I never said it was a big deal of the earthquake alone. It was all of natures occurrences that doesn't naturally happen in Jersey to happen in a years time is just proof it's not a part of natures natural occurrences. We rarely get hurricanes, & we never get earthquakes or tornados so the fact that all 3 plus a destructive unnamed storm that tore South Jersey to sheds is proof that these occurrences are far from nature taking it's course!
New York and New Jersey were hit by more hurricanes in the 1950s and 1960s than in recent years

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#908290 May 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
They should know. They wrote the tax code.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#908291 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any immigration bill MUST place first emphasis on sealing the border and preventing further illegal immigration. After that has been accomplished, and only then, can we address disposition of existing illegal aliens.
lol! What part of 'your' bill has anything to do with immigration son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#908292 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do post anything that floats up in your head.
The Color Guard is part of the Marines and they are assigned their duties.
lol! WHAT?!?!?!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#908293 May 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He is likely a conservative Flack__at least in the fiscal sense.
Whatever he is it's a safe bet that you can't afford the admission price to his seminars.
Bet I could. I wouldn't go because what little bit I read was a load of crap. RealDave could have written that stuff!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#908294 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Lay died before sentencing, the conviction was vacated.
You do know what "vacated" means, don't you?
Yes. He got away scott free while victims suffered.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908295 May 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I will have to get it which I have seen it before but your right his policies extended the Depression and why FDR was considered acting & becoming like a conservative because FDR refused to change policy and FDR was the one that redefined the what it meant to be a liberal besides the Conservatives prior to FDR where actually True Liberals(what today is known as the Classical Sense) and rejected change and everything that FDR stood for.
Could you define what you think Classic Liberalism is?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#908296 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a Fascist.
You think that is right of center, Galt thinks it is left of center.
Either way, Obama is a Fascist.
But Mussolini-style, not Hitler-style.
In other words, a cheap, ineffectual imitation.
lol! Cons are more Hitler style.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min red and right 188,017
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min ritedownthemiddle 53,076
Dear Abby 5-6-15 4 hr Julie 6
Ask Amy 5-6-15 10 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 11 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 11 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]