Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
833,741 - 833,760 of 1,084,445 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Bush administration, seeking to limit leaks of classified information, has launched initiatives targeting journalists and their possible government sources. The efforts include several FBI probes, a polygraph investigation inside the CIA and a warning from the Justice Department that reporters could be prosecuted under espionage laws.
In recent weeks, dozens of employees at the CIA, the National Security Agency and other intelligence agencies have been interviewed by agents from the FBI's Washington field office, who are investigating possible leaks that led to reports about secret CIA prisons and the NSA's warrantless domestic surveillance program, according to law enforcement and intelligence officials familiar with the two cases.
Numerous employees at the CIA, FBI, Justice Department and other agencies also have received letters from Justice prohibiting them from discussing even unclassified issues related to the NSA program, according to sources familiar with the notices. Some GOP lawmakers are also considering whether to approve tougher penalties for leaking.
In a little-noticed case in California, FBI agents from Los Angeles have already contacted reporters at the Sacramento Bee about stories published in July that were based on sealed court documents related to a terrorism case in Lodi, according to the newspaper.
Some media watchers, lawyers and editors say that, taken together, the incidents represent perhaps the most extensive and overt campaign against leaks in a generation, and that they have worsened the already-tense relationship between mainstream news organizations and the White House.
"There's a tone of gleeful relish in the way they talk about dragging reporters before grand juries, their appetite for withholding information, and the hints that reporters who look too hard into the public's business risk being branded traitors," said New York Times Executive Editor Bill Keller, in a statement responding to questions from The Washington Post. "I don't know how far action will follow rhetoric, but some days it sounds like the administration is declaring war at home on the values it professes to be promoting abroad."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
just because FOX ignored doesn't mean it didn't happen.
The Obama administration has been ruthless in their pursuit and prosecution of whistle blowers.

“We have tried more leak cases—brought more leak cases during the course of this administration than any other administration,” Holder said before the Senate Judiciary Committee last year.…

You are whining about what?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
America is no longer that shinning city on a hill that once beckoned to the weary and downtrodden. It is becoming a dark city sunk into a dark valley and any light is to be found elsewhere.
The Boy Messiah symbolizes all that is wrong with America.
He almost made it to his goal but then the house of cards fell.

You don't go after the press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>They're taking notes for their own state security agencies. When America sneezes ;the World catches a cold.
Obama lies, people die.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Let us look at this major security leak that the DOJ is pursuing relentlessly against a journalist.

"Reporters widely denounce the latest White House leak investigation as "unprecedented"

The Department of Justice went to extreme lengths in 2010 to ferret out who leaked classified information about North Korea to a Fox News reporter, pulling the reporter's emails and phone records, and tracking his movements in and out of the State Department, according to the Washington Post.

The report comes one week after the Associated Press revealed that the Justice Department had secretly obtained its reporters' phone records as part of a separate leak investigation.

But the latest case reportedly went much further than that. While the DOJ only obtained phone numbers for incoming and outgoing calls made by AP reporters, in the North Korea case the department obtained a search warrant to dig through the content of Fox News correspondent James Rosen's emails — and even suggested he may have violated federal law by reporting his findings.

In June 2009, Rosen reported on a U.S. intelligence assessment of North Korea's nuclear program. Outraged at what it felt was a breach of national security — and potentially an act of espionage — the Obama administration went to work to find the source of the leak.

Citing court records that detail the government's investigation, the Post reports that FBI investigators pulled Rosen's phone and email records, and, using his government-issued security badge, pinpointed when he entered and left the State Department. Using that information, they linked him to Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, a State Department security contractor.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-justice-department-...

Wow, the North Koreans may retaliate by increasing their nuclear program. That was the earth shattering revelation.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Charging foreigners less for an American-made product than you charge Americans seems like a flaw in your plan.
You want to sell more American made products overseas while cutting down on imports?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Plus the fact that when people come here from other countries they will pay the tax. Also the underground/black market will no longer be tax exempt.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Individuals who were targeted by the IRS also report having the FBI, OSHA and ATF harassing them too
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws to ban tornadoes?
You should support this, being a leftwing loon like you are.

Just think. A tornado might not be green under certain conditions.

A loon like you says like far out man. Like whoa! Where's my weed & vodka. See lily. I speak your DEMOCRAT LOSER language.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

wayne johnson wrote:
<quoted text>you have gotta be kidding it was your mate george bush that got us into this mess
it was him that brought in the patriot act too
A clueless mate here indeed.

"ave" another drink mate!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

It is time to ask your representatives to demand an independent investigation into the DOJs handling of whistle blowers and reporters.

It is rumored that the Dems are growing increasingly uncomfortable with Holder and would like to see him gone.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

So how is that Obamacare thing going?

" Benefits advisers and insurance brokers—bucking a commonly held expectation that the law would broadly enrich benefits—are pitching these low-benefit plans around the country. They cover minimal requirements such as preventive services, but often little more. Some of the plans wouldn’t cover surgery, X-rays or prenatal care at all. Others will be paired with limited packages to cover additional services, for instance,$100 a day for a hospital visit.

Federal officials say this type of plan, in concept, would appear to qualify as acceptable minimum coverage under the law, and let most employers avoid an across-the-workforce $2,000-per-worker penalty for firms that offer nothing. Employers could still face other penalties they anticipate would be far less costly."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
It is time to ask your representatives to demand an independent investigation into the DOJs handling of whistle blowers and reporters.
It is rumored that the Dems are growing increasingly uncomfortable with Holder and would like to see him gone.
Holder is a criminal. He lied to Congress for sure. That's what DemocRATS do.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
another School Fatality where is the democrats, we need laws to ban Tornados.
Dozens killed as tornado tears through Oklahoma, leaving miles of debris
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/20/18...
Weather War?

New evidence suggests US & Russia are embroiled in an illegal race to harness the power of hurricanes & earthquakes
British government papers, just released by the National Archives, show that throughout the Seventies there was deep mistrust between the two superpowers over environmental warfare. The documents reveal that both the US, which led the field, and the Soviet Union had secret military programmes with the goal of controlling the world’s climate.“By the year 2025 the United States will own the weather,” one scientist is said to have boasted.

Since then, a United Nations treaty has been signed which bans environmental warfare, such as causing earthquakes, melting the polar ice caps and altering climate. But some experts believe that clandestine work to create the ultimate weapon of mass destruction continues.

These claims are dismissed by sceptics as wild conspiracy theories and the stuff of James Bond movies but there is growing evidence that the boundaries between science fiction and fact are becoming increasingly blurred. The Americans now admit that they invested L12million over five years during the Vietnam war on “cloud seeding”– deliberately creating heavy rainfall to wash away enemy crops and destroy supply routes on the Ho Chi Minh trail, in an operation codenamed Project Popeye.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/weather-war/1061

ANYONE here care to make a "judgement" on THIS?
ANY "rocket scientists" perhaps ...
:)

Haven't took the time to "study" it!
BUT ...
This crap IS out there in the blogosphere ...
Used to have TRUST in the US government ...
but
NO MORE!

That changed SEVERAL YEARS ago!

FOR: good reason ...
Judicial injustice!
THUS: Corruption!

I have SEEN and heard ...
among "experienced"
TOO MUCH!
... and NO ...
I am NOT a "criminal" ...

NOT even a bad charge ...
other than a few speeding tickets ...

YepperZ ...

Have had a few of those ...
Speed demon ...
FROM watching and growing up with a DRAG RACER brother!

LOVEin every minute of it!
Beach Boys-(my 409)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ronnie & The Daytonas -'Little GTO'
Jan and Dean - Drag City
Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Speed WAS the "only" thing I had to worry about "growing UP" ...
NOW a person IS "afraid" of the government ...

WHAT a world to HAVE TO "live in" ...
My heart WEEPS for my grandchildren!
...and other peeps of MY generation ...

People born in recent years
NEVER HAVE KNOWN
what
FREEDOM
truly IS!

<3

On FOX a while ago ...
7 of 24 children killed in OK tornado
"drowned" ...[possibly more.]
from being in SAFE[:(] spot under school ...
'tears'...

UTTER devastation across America!
Weather
Government
Moral
etc ...

~-~

WE have turned into a THIRD WORLD country!
THIS DID NOT happen overnight ...
BUT
from people
LETTING it happen!
daily, yearly ...

thanks 0 voters ...
you WON the battle
for now ...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

People.. for real... Here are the live streaming RADAR links..

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/1earthquake-v...

here are the various weather links..

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/21...

USE THE LINKS ! Be safe.. have a plan.. if you live in the midwest.. this isn't a Joke.. look at the devastation...

1-2 mile wide debris path!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tornado-o...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No. Exports are not consumed in this country so they are not taxed. Imports are consumed in this country so they are taxed.
"flack"
"real dumb" is a strong supporter of taxes and more taxes. The more taxes the better.
Peace

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws to ban tornadoes?
that is how the modern New Left Democrats think and handles situations like that just look at all the kids that got killed today 5/20/2013 in Moore Oklahoma which is more than in Newtown Connecticut go killed and you don't see the Democrats on the News making an issue out of that like Newtown.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Weather War?
New evidence suggests US & Russia are embroiled in an illegal race to harness the power of hurricanes & earthquakes
British government papers, just released by the National Archives, show that throughout the Seventies there was deep mistrust between the two superpowers over environmental warfare. The documents reveal that both the US, which led the field, and the Soviet Union had secret military programmes with the goal of controlling the world’s climate.“By the year 2025 the United States will own the weather,” one scientist is said to have boasted.
Since then, a United Nations treaty has been signed which bans environmental warfare, such as causing earthquakes, melting the polar ice caps and altering climate. But some experts believe that clandestine work to create the ultimate weapon of mass destruction continues.
These claims are dismissed by sceptics as wild conspiracy theories and the stuff of James Bond movies but there is growing evidence that the boundaries between science fiction and fact are becoming increasingly blurred. The Americans now admit that they invested L12million over five years during the Vietnam war on “cloud seeding”– deliberately creating heavy rainfall to wash away enemy crops and destroy supply routes on the Ho Chi Minh trail, in an operation codenamed Project Popeye.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/weather-war/1061
ANYONE here care to make a "judgement" on THIS?
ANY "rocket scientists" perhaps ...
:)
Haven't took the time to "study" it!
BUT ...
This crap IS out there in the blogosphere ...
Used to have TRUST in the US government ...
but
NO MORE!
That changed SEVERAL YEARS ago!
FOR: good reason ...
Judicial injustice!
THUS: Corruption!
I have SEEN and heard ...
among "experienced"
TOO MUCH!
... and NO ...
I am NOT a "criminal" ...
NOT even a bad charge ...
other than a few speeding tickets ...
YepperZ ...
Have had a few of those ...
Speed demon ...
FROM watching and growing up with a DRAG RACER brother!
LOVEin every minute of it!
Beach Boys-(my 409)
Ronnie & The Daytonas -'Little GTO'
Jan and Dean - Drag City
Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Speed WAS the "only" thing I had to worry about "growing UP" ...
NOW a person IS "afraid" of the government ...
WHAT a world to HAVE TO "live in" ...
My heart WEEPS for my grandchildren!
...and other peeps of MY generation ...
People born in recent years
NEVER HAVE KNOWN
what
FREEDOM
truly IS!
<3
On FOX a while ago ...
7 of 24 children killed in OK tornado
"drowned" ...[possibly more.]
from being in SAFE[:(] spot under school ...
'tears'...
UTTER devastation across America!
Weather
Government
Moral
etc ...
~-~
WE have turned into a THIRD WORLD country!
THIS DID NOT happen overnight ...
BUT
from people
LETTING it happen!
daily, yearly ...
thanks 0 voters ...
you WON the battle
for now ...
I can believe it they say that was the US Federal Governments intentions with HAARP.

High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_A...

Weather modification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Modifica...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Signing off. My family members who live in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City area are all accounted for and are well. My heart goes out to the families of the 51 who lost their lives.

Oklahoma had so many volunteers that they had to turn away some. You rock OK, may your recovery be swift.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Signing off. My family members who live in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City area are all accounted for and are well. My heart goes out to the families of the 51 who lost their lives.
Oklahoma had so many volunteers that they had to turn away some. You rock OK, may your recovery be swift.
You might also think twice about getting in that big a$$ truck again to drive to the local store. Because all of us have contributed into making these events turbo charged with global warming. Not once every ten years but now these are annual disasters. No Economy can keep taking those hits but you can sure keep ignoring the obvious.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, the democrats and Obama hiked up the deficit even more than the fallout from the housing market collapse.
Everyone got to keep more of their own money before the bubble burst and the economy was doing quite well.
Now we all have less money and the economy is being kept afloat by the Feds printing money. Wait until January when Obamacare really kicks in and/or the Feds stop printing the money.
Guess you forgot about the TRILLION DOLLARS Republicans dropped in Iraq? LIES KILLED MILLIONS.

USA will be in Iraq for 50 years!

100 blown up There again today.

GOP: we cant afford it: Billionaires need another tax cut.

The fed is broke?

NO!
Just greedy low down Republican mutha fffffckers!

Hey! Bush gave each billionaire $50 million dollars. Now the GOP CRIES?

We need a strong government! Right OK?

Had enough GOP BUSH SHHHHTTTTT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min wojar 175,235
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min honeymylove 4,576
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min voice of peace 68,071
indian punjabi girls ph number here 54 min Desi 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr SpaceBlues 45,908
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 3 hr ronnie 4
glitch plagued obama care website cost us ameri... 3 hr hands on AR 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search