Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252085 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Brad

Manchester, CT

#908259 May 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Stay up to speed ,Brad. We were talking about the latest republican non-scandal "scandal",'Umbrella- gate'. Benghazi gate was just another republican waste of tax payer money on a non-scandal "scandal" in the Obama Administration.(After all the money and time spent by Darrell Issa's 'hearings on Benghazi'(twice!?!) the only thing that they concluded was that 'Benghazi' was a 'terrorist act'. Anyone could have learned that fact by listening to President Obama's statement in the Rose Garden one day after the Benghazi attack happened. Republicans sure know how to waste the tax payers money.
Oblamer never stated Benghazi was the result of a terrorist attack in his Rose Garden script,"The days of our lies."

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#908260 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The last I looked it was knocking on 17. It will be well over 20 by the time Obama leaves office. That is double in my book.
The post to which I relied said he had done it already. Try to keep up.

Actually, double would be around 21 1/4.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908261 May 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that McCain is among the Democrats attacking Apple.
Could you fill me in with what is happening?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#908262 May 21, 2013
<quoted text> Adam Hartung, Contributor
I cover business growth & overcoming organizational obstacles. So, Adam is a whistle-blower and analyst of bureaucratic efficiency.
as I said a libtard loon. I will however give Forbes credit their entire organization is balanced between the far right and the far left.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908263 May 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made such a post.
You are a liar.
Whatever, Dave

And Obama never knows what is going on in his admin unless he reads in the paper.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908264 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
"Eric Holder, attorney general under President Barack Obama, has prosecuted more government officials for alleged leaks under the World War I-era Espionage Act than all his predecessors combined, including law-and-order Republicans John Mitchell, Edwin Meese and John Ashcroft."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-18/obam...
Now it is discovered the DOJ not only were targeting any potential whistle blowers but reporters who may pass this information on.
There is 'leaks' of important security info which are serious and need to be dealt with; however, the act was never intended to silence whistle blowers.
Congress ordered the DOJ to tighten up on plugging security leaks and the loyal ,dedicated patriot,AG Eric Holder acted swiftly and efficiently to comply with the U S Congress.

Newville, PA

#908265 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> i have no idea who that Adam dude is but he is obviously a lefty loon. I didn't make it to the forth paragraph before the overwhelming stench off libtard sheep dip became over powering.
This is why you will always be uninformed.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908266 May 21, 2013
<quoted text> There is proof now that Apple is a billionaire tax evader and as Mitt Romney put it, "MOOCHER"! "WASHINGTON/CORK/DUBLIN: Apple Inc came under fire on Tuesday at a Senate hearing over an investigation that alleged the US high technology icon has kept billions of dollars in profits in Irish subsidiaries and paid little or no taxes to any government." Check this out: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-...
This is not illegal although Obama is trying to make it so. This grab for oversea funds would result in companies moving headquarters overseas.

This list is old from 2009 so there may be more BIG companies who have left.
http://www.comparebusinessproducts.com/fyi/10...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#908267 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
"Eric Holder, attorney general under President Barack Obama, has prosecuted more government officials for alleged leaks under the World War I-era Espionage Act than all his predecessors combined, including law-and-order Republicans John Mitchell, Edwin Meese and John Ashcroft."
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-18/obam...
Now it is discovered the DOJ not only were targeting any potential whistle blowers but reporters who may pass this information on.
There is 'leaks' of important security info which are serious and need to be dealt with; however, the act was never intended to silence whistle blowers.
Article dated Oct 2012? Just prior to an election iirc.
Title is laughably misleading__what were there two?
Espionage is serious business!
Loser trolle.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908268 May 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> This is why you will always be uninformed.
Why should we know this David dude? What makes him important?

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#908269 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> i have no idea who that Adam dude is but he is obviously a lefty loon. I didn't make it to the forth paragraph before the overwhelming stench off libtard sheep dip became over powering.
"the forth paragraph"??? You've been writing more and more as though you didn't make it through the fourth grade...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#908270 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> as I said a libtard loon. I will however give Forbes credit their entire organization is balanced between the far right and the far left.
So, you don't like efficiency experts and adore bureaucratic redtape that often frustrates your activities for the entire day. See what Freud said about sadism and sexuality. "A person who feels pleasure in producing pain in someone else in a sexual relationship is also capable of enjoying as pleasure any pain which he may himself derive from sexual relations. A sadist is always at the same time a masochist."

SIGMUND FREUD, Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality

Newville, PA

#908271 May 21, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
They are only talking about the stock market, stupid old flock. Get a clue, moron.
"The deficit is now only 4% of the GDP, down from over 10% at the end of Bush’s administration – and projections are for it to be only 2% by 2015 (before Obama leaves office.)"

Not about the stock market. This is about increasing revenues from growing businesses & a growing economy
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908272 May 21, 2013
<quoted text> There is proof now that Apple is a billionaire tax evader and as Mitt Romney put it, "MOOCHER"! "WASHINGTON/CORK/DUBLIN: Apple Inc came under fire on Tuesday at a Senate hearing over an investigation that alleged the US high technology icon has kept billions of dollars in profits in Irish subsidiaries and paid little or no taxes to any government." Check this out: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-...
The US has the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

Change the US Tax Code to allow repatriation of foreign profits at reasonable rates.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#908273 May 21, 2013
Grabbed the wrong name. It is Adam someone. Who is he? Why is he important?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908274 May 21, 2013
Despite Rubio’s wooing, radio hosts protest immigration reform bill

Conservative radio talk show hosts have signed a letter opposing the sweeping immigration reform bill in the Senate, bucking tea party favorite Sen. Marco Rubio's attempts to win their support for the bill, which would combine enhanced border security with a legalization program for the nation's unauthorized immigrants. Rubio, a member of the "gang of eight" senators who drafted the bill, has become the most prominent conservative spokesman for its passage.

Conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham, who had Rubio on her show twice in the past few months to let him make his pitch for the bill, signed onto the open letter that says the "unsalvageable" measure "would do more harm than good." The statement, signed by more than 100 conservative groups and leaders, argues that the bill is laden with earmarks and "rewards" lawbreakers by allowing most of the country's 11 million undocumented immigrants to legalize if they pass a background check and pay fines.

Some influential conservatives have argued that the party needs to embrace reform in order to combat its declining support among Hispanic voters and to fix a broken system, even though the bill is also high on President Barack Obama's agenda.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/despite-ru...

Well I guess Rubio won't be Hillary's opponent in the next election.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#908276 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apple pays very little in U.S. taxes and the Senators are inquirying as to why.

Newville, PA

#908277 May 21, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop watching MSNBC.
They don't teach arithmetic on MSNBC. You morons need to watch something like Sesame Street to help you with your math skills.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#908278 May 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats want more taxes.

Same old story.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#908279 May 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> as I said a libtard loon. I will however give Forbes credit their entire organization is balanced between the far right and the far left.
He is likely a conservative Flack__at least in the fiscal sense.

Whatever he is it's a safe bet that you can't afford the admission price to his seminars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Dr Guru 192,386
Another Centralia, IL Police Scandal: Officer ... 2 hr Counselor48 1
Ask Amy 7-5-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 7 hr Dave 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Analog man 6,147
In Summer Please Help Me ribeye steak is best f... 8 hr MyChicagoSteak 1
Dear Abby 7-5-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages