Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
833,661 - 833,680 of 1,101,928 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907804 May 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Where Are ABC News' Corrections For Their False Benghazi Email Claims?
The Network Has Yet To Correct On Air Its False Claim That It Had "Obtained" Administration Emails
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/20/where...
Addressed this yesterday-

Let's first make this perfectly clear. No email was physically altered.

What Sonic is whining about was what was reported to be contained in one of the emails.

"We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation."

The actual email stated

We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.

Now for some context. Emails leading up to this one had State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland urging that references to terrorism be removed because they could be a political liability to State.

Someone needs to explain the political liability to State Dept to me.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#907805 May 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit it. I'm laughing too hard.
Read the entire quote.
One can be powerful without military strength. Americorp & Peace Corp working to strengthen our communities.
You get more ridiculous every day.
Dave, can you remind DBWriter to not take President Obama's 'civilian security corps' idea out of context of his speech so DB doesn't run around in hysterical panic and misunderstanding again. President Obama's ' civilian civic corps of national service is new wine in old bottles---many Presidents have suggested the same thing from Jimmy Carter to Theodore Roosevelt --a voluntary civic duty corps that all young people should have to join before entering college or the workplace and perform some kind of community service like assisting in soup kitchens, teaching assistants to public school teachers , helping out in veterans hospitals ,or helping care for our vital ecosystem services that keeps our economy sound and stable.*The original idea for a civilian corps came from American philosopher William James, "The Moral Equivalent of War". "Modern war is so expensive that we feel trade to be a better avenue to plunder; but modern man inherits all the innate pugnacity and all the love of glory of his ancestors. Showing war's irrationality and horror is of no effect on him. The horrors make the fascination. War is the strong life; it is life in extremis; war taxes are the only ones men never hesitate to pay, as the budgets of all nations show us."... "Pacifists ought to enter more deeply into the aesthetical and ethical point of view of their opponents. Do that first in any controversy, says J. J. Chapman, then move the point, and your opponent will follow. So long as antimilitarists propose no substitute for war's disciplinary function, no moral equivalent of war, analogous, as one might say, to the mechanical equivalent of heat, so long they fail to realize the full inwardness of the situation."... "If now — and this is my idea — there were, instead of military conscription, a conscription of the whole youthful population to form for a certain number of years a part of the army enlisted against Nature, the injustice would tend to be evened out, and numerous other goods to the commonwealth would remain blind as the luxurious classes now are blind, to man's relations to the globe he lives on, and to the permanently sour and hard foundations of his higher life. To coal and iron mines, to freight trains, to fishing fleets in December, to dishwashing, clotheswashing, and windowwashing, to road-building and tunnel-making, to foundries and stoke-holes, and to the frames of skyscrapers, would our gilded youths be drafted off, according to their choice, to get the childishness knocked out of them, and to come back into society with healthier sympathies and soberer ideas. They would have paid their blood-tax, done their own part in the immemorial human warfare against nature; they would tread the earth more proudly, the women would value them more highly, they would be better fathers and teachers of the following generation."Check this out: http://www.constitution.org/wj/meow.htm
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907806 May 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Try listening to the entire aspect of that speech dealing with it. You might not be so uninformed.
We do not need a civilian security force.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#907807 May 20, 2013
Might be appropriate to cool the rhetoric for a while given the tragedy in Oklahoma.

Bye for a while.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907809 May 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Try listening to the entire aspect of that speech dealing with it. You might not be so uninformed.
Dave, the bottom line is we already have a very active private volunteers through out America. We do not need a government agency to

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

What in the world is he thinking? National Security objectives? We cannot count on our military only?

Let it sink in Dave. He starts talking about volunteer network than midway sticks these strange and odd sentences in.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#907810 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
First they denied any knowledge of the events that night.
The reluctantly stated Obama had called Clinton.
Now Pfeiffer, WH adviser, thinks it is offensive to ask about what Obama was doing the night of 9/11/12
What was O'bama doing that was sooooooooo offensive? would have been my next question. O'bama must have been doing something horrible.

Prevented this

#907811 May 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Oh please, I've demonstrated numerous times that I am smarter than you. Now you up the stakes?
Not this time you didn't...again.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907812 May 20, 2013
Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to quote media matters? Left wing commie dribble. It will be fun watching the boy president lie his way out of his scandals--reminds me of douche bag Clinton and his disgraceful presidency. Only this guy is a criminal and a liar. Much worse than Watergate.
Did you see my post earlier where a DOJ press aide colluded with Media Matters to discredit whistle blowers.

Media Matters is a Progressive site that is nothing more than Obama's enemy list aggregates.

Why Sonic thinks such a site has an ounce of redeeming quality is beyond me? It appears to me their mission is to censor free speech.
wayne johnson

Castle Hill, Australia

#907813 May 20, 2013
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
you have gotta be kidding it was your mate george bush that got us into this mess
it was him that brought in the patriot act too
Joey Bidewide

Lakewood, NJ

#907814 May 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
fkoff birfer
Drunken-tongued Mother Lily say what?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#907815 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not need a civilian security force.
It beats military conscription , pays better , and healthier for you.(A tree , wild river, poor or elderly military veteran isn't going to plant a hidden IED in your path.)

Prevented this

#907816 May 20, 2013
Where’s Barack? WH spokesperson can’t answer where O'bama was night of Benghazi attack
It’s a relatively simple question: where was President Obama on the night of the Benghazi attacks? No one seems to know. Yesterday White House spokesman Dan Pfieffer was grilled about the location of the President that night and his pathetic response indicates the President was probably not where he should have been.

I think he was on down low-good an answer as any since no one seems to know--Hey Reggie, where were you?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#907818 May 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Might be appropriate to cool the rhetoric for a while given the tragedy in Oklahoma.
Bye for a while.
Sorry, you're right within limits--Obama's civilian conscription corps could have come in handy in helping those people out in Oklahoma be safe and rebuild .
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#907819 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see my post earlier where a DOJ press aide colluded with Media Matters to discredit whistle blowers.
Media Matters is a Progressive site that is nothing more than Obama's enemy list aggregates.
Why Sonic thinks such a site has an ounce of redeeming quality is beyond me? It appears to me their mission is to censor free speech.
censor?

hard to claim when FOX continues to air Benghazi myths.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#907820 May 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenal!!
but he does have some redeeming qualities....

I hate LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Ron & Rand Paul and Obama —- especially the drug and gun trafficking cartels that they’ve all built to keep them in power.

http://petersantilli.com/about/
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#907822 May 20, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure that "Pete Santilli" thing is a goofy pardoy site like the onion. In any event, he looks like a real phag.....
you may have a point.

As I progressed in my research, I discovered one of the pivotal points in our nation’s history was the Bush-era explosion of global mob and drug cartel control. It is now widely known, yet conveniently unproven that George H.W. Bush’s legacy as a CIA C.E.O. laid the groundwork for the Clinton’s Dixie-Mafia drug cartel dynasty. As I have observed and have been told, the Bush/Clinton drug cartels have been battling with the Obama Chicago mafia ever since.

http://petersantilli.com/about/
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907825 May 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
censor?
hard to claim when FOX continues to air Benghazi myths.
When you knowingly collude with the DOJ to discredit whistle blowers- as Media Matters did and still does -you ARE censoring free speech.

Why would any ethical person think this is okay?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#907826 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
When you knowingly collude with the DOJ to discredit whistle blowers- as Media Matters did and still does -you ARE censoring free speech.
Why would any ethical person think this is okay?
I think fart news still can't believe Romeny lost the election.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#907827 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, dumb, but you tried.
It was a video of Obama talking about the civilian security force.
We already have the National Guards, why did we need a civilian security force?
The name is even creepy
You know, technically son, the NG isn't constitutional but a civilian force under federal control is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#907828 May 20, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you're right within limits--Obama's civilian conscription corps could have come in handy in helping those people out in Oklahoma be safe and rebuild .
Trying to respond to your insensitive and inappropriate political comment as politely as possible, these folks have plenty of trained local and state personnel to assist them.

The last thing they would want is a horde of untrained teenagers from New York and elsewhere complicating their lives. Particularly when they are defenseless, probably having lost their firearms in the tornado.

However, Christie and Bloomerberg may want that type of unqualified "help."

Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,541
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 69,095
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min truth-facts 46,388
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 28 min Lawrence Wolf 66
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min KiMare 49,518
ruth ann hall's son 1 hr EYES EVERWHERE 1
Who is MICHAEL LA VAUGHN ROBINSON 2 hr Check Facts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE