Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,677)

Showing posts 833,521 - 833,540 of1,072,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your viewpoint.
The law is they do have tax-exempt status and the IRS cannot target them for either their philosophy or political believes.
Actually the term is "beliefs" and they do NOT have tax exempt status if their goals are not primarily (was exclusively until 1959) humanitarian and apolitical. I think I also have a much narrower definition of target.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Global Warming.
April was the 338th consecutive month with above average global temperatures.
Who decides what the average is and where do you start counting. Looks to me like they started in 1880.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=N LMFGIqsKVg#!
Welcome to dumb and dumber. Bob Schieffer
LOL, he got totally frustrated with the WH advisers irrelevant routine!

I liked the part when they asked him why the WH didn't send someone more appropriate.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I missed you posting this first.
Thank you.
A link to a PDF? Did CNN pull the poll down? No mention of this poll on CNN. It's funny how you can only find this poll on rightwing blogs/sites and World Net Daily.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, this was tried by you before.
Please cite a credible source for this claim that is at the level were it was verified by the IG.
Allegations aside.
tried by me before? from one who endlessly repeats right wing talking points like they're relevant to someone beyond FOXbots?

is this like wingnut 'let's ignore reality' day? do you not know that Bush used the IRS to go after more than a church? and because of what they said about Bush?

but hey, telling the truth about Bush aside, when an organization tries to register black folks to vote they probably need smacked according to the GOP rules of vote suppression.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should talk about the HUGE problem between those working and those taking. There are 11 states now that more people take than work. They are called the spiral states. How long do you think people are going to stay there and take care of this HUGE lazy problem?
Its great that you think people that worked their entire life &now retire are lazy.

You think those who lost jobs during the Bush recession are lazy people.

You think families with both parents working full time minimum wage jobs are lazy.

You're just a GD idiot.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Targeting?
How does that work when the IRS was simply taking applications as they were submitted by mostly political groups? Nationally over 70,000 since 2010, a fourfold increase.
Washington DC??
Don't you find that a bit odd Carol? Why on earth would the "residents" of Washington DC be applying for tax exempt status at a suddenly alarming rate?
IRS officials at the agency’s Washington headquarters sent queries to conservative groups asking about their donors and other aspects of their operations, while officials in the El Monte and Laguna Niguel offices in California sent similar questionnaires to tea-party-affiliated groups, the documents show.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-05-13...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me something besides partisan politics aka a witch hunt, false accusations, hyberbole and rightwing hysteria...
The IG documented the IRS illegal targeting of conservative groups.

The AP documented the inappropriate possibly illegal grab of the DOJ of private reporter information.

Emails that have been released concerning Benghazi shows that yes indeed they were scrubbing what the CIA/FBI was reporting
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that information.
According to the poll, 44% say statements made by the Obama administration soon after the attack were an attempt to intentionally mislead the public.
BUT...59% now say that the U.S government could have prevented the attack in Benghazi, up 11 points from last November.
AND...only 37% say that congressional Republicans are overreacting in their handling of the matter with 59% saying they've reacted appropriately.
It's the same story on the IRS controversy, with 54% saying the GOP in Congress has not overplayed its hand.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/...
It's a good day for America. Obama's approval ratings will soon reflect the majority concerning these scandals as well.
Bullsht__Obama's approval ratings haven't budged__the rest is fun with numbers.

Most Americans don't spend their lives on right wing nutjob sites while listening to Rush while watching FOX as you do.

Wanna review the proper use of the word "plethora" too???

A bushel and a peck?

What about a metric ton?

Get a life babe.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it time...give it time.
you know, the first time i heard that was January, 2009. still waiting.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that information.
According to the poll, 44% say statements made by the Obama administration soon after the attack were an attempt to intentionally mislead the public.
BUT...59% now say that the U.S government could have prevented the attack in Benghazi, up 11 points from last November.
AND...only 37% say that congressional Republicans are overreacting in their handling of the matter with 59% saying they've reacted appropriately.
It's the same story on the IRS controversy, with 54% saying the GOP in Congress has not overplayed its hand.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/...
It's a good day for America. Obama's approval ratings will soon reflect the majority concerning these scandals as well.
I love how you left out this part - According to the survey, which was conducted Friday and Saturday, 53% of Americans say they approve of the job the president is doing, with 45% saying they disapprove. The president's approval rating was at 51% in CNN's last poll, which was conducted in early April.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is well known that the person who first wrongly accuses another and is persistent with their claims are the one who is engaged in the wrong doing.
This describes you!
For example-
If your husband comes home and suddenly starts accusing you of having an affair without any basis-your husband is a dirty, lying cheater.
Pot calling the kettle black?
Stay on topic eh troll?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes I did find the CNN poll. I do find it funny that WND and rightwing blog sites are touting a CNN poll. Don't you all hate CNN?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes, the Obama administration has been shutting up opponents at a breakneck pace. That's why you don't see any opponents. They're all squelched. Barack Obama personally goes out to all the individual government offices and says, "Hi there, can you make life slightly more irritating for some random guy in Texas who doesn't like me? I'm thinking maybe have him fill out an extra form or something. Yeah. Yeah, that'll do it. Take that, you tea party bastard."

Yes, these bozos in the branch office shouldn't have done it. That's why the IRS made them stop, and had an investigation, and apologized, and why heads are probably going to roll and then some. On the other hand, it's not exactly hard to see why any person of average human intelligence would note that there have been a metric bucketload of organizations cropping up these last few years with oddly partisan names like "Tea Party Wankers" or "Anti-Tax Patriots for Electing Republicans On The Sly" and claiming to be tax-exempt, nonpartisan organizations and think to themselves that there were likely to be a considerable number of scammers mixed in with that lot. Mind you, Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS is one of these 501c4 outfits that gets somehow deemed sufficiently unpolitical, making the whole category into something of a scammer's paradise from the get-go; again, though—bad IRS bureaucrats. Bad.

Still, I find it difficult to get too worked up with world-shattering apoplectic outrage over it, which makes me a bad person, or possibly (even worse!) just not a conspiracy theorist. That's the problem; from McConnell down to the Kings and Gohmerts and Stockmans, all of conservatism has devolved into one big conspiracy theory. It's Breitbartism, all the way down. It's writ right into the movement now, and defined as synonymous with patriotism. You can go from Agenda 21 to ACORN to United Nations gun-grabbers to the powerful solar panel lobby to Benghazi all in one sweeping step; what the precise conspiracy is supposed to be or whether there is f--k-all worth of evidence to support your pet theory is unimportant; it's all about the theater, the very important and very politically motivated and very career-enhancing performance art of presuming everything to be connected to everything. Some IRS officers in a branch office screwed up? For real? Good God—Darrell Issa was probably rendered near-unconscious on his office floor when he heard it, breathing into a paper bag and waving off staffers asking him whether they should call for an ambulance.

Yes, yes, I should be more outraged. Sorry. I already have outrage fatigue, and I've had it for 10 years.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/19/1208...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions are entirely political.
Unions are not 501(c)(3) like churches for which there are political restrictions upon things they can do (like supporting or donating to candidates, or even comparing candidates.) Unions are under 501(c)(5) which does not include any of the same restrictions. Both are non-profits, and unions have a number of functions that are entirely apolitical.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The IG documented the IRS illegal targeting of conservative groups.
The AP documented the inappropriate possibly illegal grab of the DOJ of private reporter information.
Emails that have been released concerning Benghazi shows that yes indeed they were scrubbing what the CIA/FBI was reporting
Ok, let me know when you can pin it to Obama. This kind of crap has gone on all the time under every administration.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

The one dismal benefit of this particular NotSufficientlyTaxExemptGate pseudocrisis may be that, as with all screw ups or distortions or outright abuses of government power, it's only discovered to be Very Very Bad when a conservative somewhere finds themselves on the receiving end of it. Under the last administration, protesting against the Iraq War got you put on an actual Pentagon list of possible terrorist threats, and nobody from the other side of the aisle gave a flying f--k. Quakers got put on that one. Effing Quakers. The uncanny nature by which the Terror Alert Level got itself raised before important elections or other politically helpful dates didn't result in outrage even after one of the architects of the Rainbow of Terror admitted that yes, he was pressured to do exactly that.

And yes, as others have pointed out, one of the vanishingly few times the IRS ever investigated a church for possible violations of their nonpartisan, nonprofit status it was for an anti-war sermon, during the Bush administration, two days before the election that won Bush a second term. That wasn't a scandal either. During the same year the IRS launched an investigation of the NAACP for opposing Bush's reelection. No Republicans were calling for Bush to resign over that particular outrage.

The Fast and Furious program, long been peddled by current Republicans as the worstest scandal to hit anything anywhere until the next worstest scandal, started under Bush. Nobody gives a damn. During the Bush administration, there were 13 terror attacks on U.S. diplomatic compounds (not including Iraq or Afghanistan), killing 98. You couldn't find a Republican lawmaker then who could even tell you what the talking points for a particular bombing or rocket attack or armed assault were at the time, much less one who decided that the real scandal was whether administration officials classified the attack as a "terrorist attack" or an "act of terror" in the days afterwards, and what might that difference mean? I mean, for f--ks sake, Issa. For f--k's sake. At long last, sir, have no sense of—oh, forget it.

What's this? In trying to track down illegal leaks of classified information, the Department of Justice obtained reporter phone records? Yeah, that's nasty. And it's funny how that keeps happening; under the Bush administration, the FBI did it to the New York Times. It was under the Bush administration, in fact, that we decided government could obtain all phone records, nationwide, and no longer even needed a reason for doing it, and if they had done it illegally—oops!—then we passed a damn law making it legal after-the-fact and immunizing all the people who did it. That's how much of a non-scandal it turned out to be. We were so damn helpful that we passed laws allowing government to break laws.

What about the very Department of Justice itself being politicized—being intentionally populated with members of a single ideology while removing less stalwartly ideological members? That happened. That was a damn fine example of, in McConnell's parlance, an administration using the powers of government to "squelch" their ideological opponents. It was almost a true scandal, even, given how overt it was and how close the architects were to the White House itself. Almost, anyway, but you'd be surprised at how quickly we can get over these things.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/19/1208...

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Who decides what the average is and where do you start counting. Looks to me like they started in 1880.
They were going to start much earlier but the cavemen broke all their thermometers while riding dinosaurs.

So how may months in a row would it take for you to admit it?

I mean if 338 isn't enough.

Ever??? Would there ever be enough for you deniers?

The answer is no. You would always have an excuse.

Tree rings are not accurate enough, Studying glaciers won't be accurate enough. It was hot 4 million years ago. There will always be a report somewhere by someone that says no & that is what you will cling to.

B;ah Blah Blah.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where do you draw the line...19, 20, 21, 22?..Father O'Malley?
The judgment is that a 15-year old lacks the maturity to give informed consent.
lily wanted to bang Justin Beiber when he was 11 and still in training to become a Fireman.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>A link to a PDF? Did CNN pull the poll down? No mention of this poll on CNN. It's funny how you can only find this poll on rightwing blogs/sites and World Net Daily.
Let me see, the post Carol responded to contained a link. In the link it says Turner Broadcast and CNN. None of the sites you paranoia mentioned.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/05/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 833,521 - 833,540 of1,072,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min voice of peace 67,543
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min Stuart Cudahy 68,163
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Maverick 808 45,549
Make 1000$ instantly 4 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Midlothian Composer 97,454
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 173,742
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000