Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907636 May 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Yes, the Obama administration has been shutting up opponents at a breakneck pace. That's why you don't see any opponents. They're all squelched. Barack Obama personally goes out to all the individual government offices and says, "Hi there, can you make life slightly more irritating for some random guy in Texas who doesn't like me? I'm thinking maybe have him fill out an extra form or something. Yeah. Yeah, that'll do it. Take that, you tea party bastard."
Yes, these bozos in the branch office shouldn't have done it. That's why the IRS made them stop, and had an investigation, and apologized, and why heads are probably going to roll and then some. On the other hand, it's not exactly hard to see why any person of average human intelligence would note that there have been a metric bucketload of organizations cropping up these last few years with oddly partisan names like "Tea Party Wankers" or "Anti-Tax Patriots for Electing Republicans On The Sly" and claiming to be tax-exempt, nonpartisan organizations and think to themselves that there were likely to be a considerable number of scammers mixed in with that lot. Mind you, Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS is one of these 501c4 outfits that gets somehow deemed sufficiently unpolitical, making the whole category into something of a scammer's paradise from the get-go; again, though—bad IRS bureaucrats. Bad.
Still, I find it difficult to get too worked up with world-shattering apoplectic outrage over it, which makes me a bad person, or possibly (even worse!) just not a conspiracy theorist. That's the problem; from McConnell down to the Kings and Gohmerts and Stockmans, all of conservatism has devolved into one big conspiracy theory. It's Breitbartism, all the way down. It's writ right into the movement now, and defined as synonymous with patriotism. You can go from Agenda 21 to ACORN to United Nations gun-grabbers to the powerful solar panel lobby to Benghazi all in one sweeping step; what the precise conspiracy is supposed to be or whether there is f--k-all worth of evidence to support your pet theory is unimportant; it's all about the theater, the very important and very politically motivated and very career-enhancing performance art of presuming everything to be connected to everything. Some IRS officers in a branch office screwed up? For real? Good God—Darrell Issa was probably rendered near-unconscious on his office floor when he heard it, breathing into a paper bag and waving off staffers asking him whether they should call for an ambulance.
Yes, yes, I should be more outraged. Sorry. I already have outrage fatigue, and I've had it for 10 years.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/19/1208...
Daily Kos? The political Progressive site?

Hormer was just paranoid about something originating from a political site and then you post this.

Use credible sources
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#907637 May 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down that "cup of bitterness and hatred", Lily.
MLK would be begging you. I'm begging you too.
Get lost, you didn't know Martin Luther King, nor do you know what he would be thinking posthumously. You're sickening.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#907638 May 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
lily wanted to bang Justin Beiber when he was 11 and still in training to become a Fireman.
This is your true confession.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#907639 May 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lady, you're full of shit & it's seeping through your pores! You don't, you can't overthrow this administration. IT'S UNAMERICAN! You will do what we had to do for 8yrs as Bush demolished this country, wait on the next election & pray you find a conservative qualified enough to take out Hillary. Fat chance! I will continue to do what the average American does when you bring up these b/s scandals, deflect everything back to the master of disaster, George W. Bush! Democrats can run on that for the next 4 elections & no matter how much you ignore it, you can't deny it!
yeah, wasn't Bush awful? and to think those are already the good old days. obama and his lack of leadership are ruining this country. unless you can tell me one thing that has improved since he took office. besides his golf game that is.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#907640 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see, the post Carol responded to contained a link. In the link it says Turner Broadcast and CNN. None of the sites you paranoia mentioned.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/05/1...
Do a google search all the rightwing sites have latched onto this poll. Apparently CNN is now the stand bearer for polls lol. It's funny how they all omit the fact that Obaam's numbers have gone up in this same poll. Besides you all hate CNN, you hypcrites kill me.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#907641 May 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe Pete's on to something. We've all been smelling a fish in the Magic Negro's administration during his reign.....
So, you're one of his fans?

Quel surpris.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#907642 May 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Wall Street Journal: Obama's Counsel Was Told of IRS Audit Findings Weeks Ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
A 5-year-old could connect the dots.
Why would Obama's counsel deliberately keep him out of the loop?
The buck stops at President Barack Hussein Obama.
And all this combined means that the Boy Messiah is once again lying.

"I read it in the newspaper like you did" is getting old real fast.

The only time the Magic Negro pulls his finger out of his butt is to check the wind direction.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#907643 May 20, 2013
thethirdrail wrote:
subject Obama a 3rd term.
thethirdrail
Don't laugh---there are several ways this horrible
event can happen:
one--after the 2014 elections Obama supporters can
file a brief with the Supreme Court on the grounds
that the Supreme Court has already ruled(remember
the contract with America)that term limits for
members of Congress are unconstitutional and that
this ruling should be applied to the Pres.
two--If Obama gets control of both houses and the
Supreme Court-He can push through a constitutional
amendment to run again.Remember how Obamacare was
rammed down our throats.
Bswerdloff
They are coming out of the woodwork today. This should scare your fellow rightwingers, I say run with it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#907644 May 20, 2013
Torrential rain, thunder and lightening in South Florida : (

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#907645 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me something besides partisan politics aka a witch hunt, false accusations, hyberbole and rightwing hysteria...
I did. Post #907319.

Did you go back and see it? A CBS article?

There was also a New York Times article I posted just a page or two later...maybe 3 or 4.

You'll have to go back and look for it.

Since when did the liberal media become partisan politics and go on "witch hunts"?

Since: Jun 08

Louisville, KY

#907646 May 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that your assertion of pedophiles is false & aimed at the wrong party. Believe what thou wilt, doth the same! Nothing will become of any of the"scandals"the right is pushing so hard for. You can only block Obama's ideology until mid term elections. Then your asses will be booted into purgatory, where your voices will really be irrelevant. No amount of"scandals,"rumors, or lies will change that fact!
NAMBLA is a Democrat supported group. You did know that, right?

In the mid term elections the House and Senate will be even more Republican, even the gerrymandered Democrat districts like Louisville will go red.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#907647 May 20, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are there to serve the President.
"silly"
The marines are there as guards. Not as personal servants of the president.
Peace
KMA
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907648 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, let me know when you can pin it to Obama. This kind of crap has gone on all the time under every administration.
Not really, Homer.

Nixon wanted the IRS to harass his enemies, but it never happened.
Obama's IRS did harass his political enemies and it is documented.

The DOJ harassing of reporters is unprecedented.

Obama is just collateral damage at this point. The Progressive mindset that drug us all into the mud is to me the real target.

I want everyone to KNOW that this mindset has been out there in full view where Obama's enemies were targeted for harassment.

I want discredited the whole Progressive establishment that creates and promotes such outrageous behavior.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#907649 May 20, 2013
I can't look my old liberal friends in the eye after Benghazi. Most partisan disagreements are forgivable, and I try hard not to lose dear friends over politics. Benghazi is different. Benghazi isn't political for me. Benghazi is about Americans fighting jihadis for their lives and BEING ABANDONED TO DIE BY POLITICIANS.

Watergate took a President for oh so much less. and we know that if such a situation occured today while Obama is president, his lapdog media enablers would sweep it under the rug.

But Benghazi-- It is about Obama and Clinton calculating what the headlines would look like if they tried to save them or if they did nothing. They chose nothing, and they almost got away with it.

David Gelernter points out on Powerlineblog.com that,

It was the radically partisan Edward Kennedy who proposed that a senate select committee investigate Watergate-but in February 1973, the Senate voted unanimously to create that committee. Republican Senator Howard Baker was vice chairman, and asked the key question: "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

Which Democratic senator will ask that question today...?

ANSWER: NONE

So how do I look my friends in the eye?

This is the question that haunts me. Do Democrats - not the party leaders, not mainstream journalists whose job depends on Democratic Party loyalty - would ordinary, real people, all those regular Democrat voters - would they care if they did pay attention?

That is the heart of my curiosity. Because I care so viscerally about Americans serving our country being betrayed for political gain.

There's something truly awful about Obama and Hillary sacrificing men's lives because attempting to protect them would be inconvenient to his election campaign, to her political ambition.

Surely ordinary Democrats understand that underlings don't decide to withhold military or emergency assistance to 34 Americans under attack from jihadis on 9/11?

I'd like to understand. Do Democrat voters truly think these actions by a President and Secretary of State are not important? I know we are different on many questions of war and peace and diplomacy. But this is a small, human story.

A handful of men, attacked by Islamists, fighting for their lives, ABANDONED for election politics. We don't do that in America and pretend it's okay, do we?

OR,as the libots here have posted, its made up BS.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#907650 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>A link to a PDF? Did CNN pull the poll down? No mention of this poll on CNN. It's funny how you can only find this poll on rightwing blogs/sites and World Net Daily.
Gee, Homer. Don't you look at any posts on here?

I posted the CNN website and even quoted the article and the poll results. The majority support the GOP's handling of the scandals.

Now you have to go back and look for that one too.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#907651 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Love it. His poll number have been dropping like a stone since then. lol
how low did Bush get?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#907652 May 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See. Moocher Eed claims he doesn't care but then goes into a diatribe of baloney bitching about it.
Yet he fails to answer the question.
Why is this a big deal with Obama but not the other Presidents?
Eed won;t answer.
"real dumb"
The marines are there as a guard. They are not there to be personal servants of the president. No one has posted a picture of a marine holding an umbrella.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#907653 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily Kos? The political Progressive site?
Hormer was just paranoid about something originating from a political site and then you post this.
Use credible sources
at least i cited it.

unlike the NRO wishful thinking piece you posted. afraid someone will say....NRO? The political Conservative site?

everything is so one sided with you wingnuts.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#907654 May 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your second paragraph; but the first is incorrect. It is the rightwingers who favor a police state.
"We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded (as the Armed Forces)."
Barack Obama, July 2, 2008.
Before he's even nominated, Obama tells you he intends to install a police state.
Since:

Obama says he can kill any American in the country at his whim

Eric Holder illegally spys on members of Congress, journalists, and who knows how many private citizens

Janet Napolitano, who's only authority is over the American people, has procured: 2,400 armored combat vehicles (tanks; more tanks than were landed on D-Day); 7000 machine guns (more machine guns than the Marines had on Iwo Jima); 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunition (of a type prohibited by the Geneva Convention; enough ammunition for both sides to fight World War I for TWENTY years)

Let me get this straight...
Are you saying Obama is a right-winger? I am under the definite impression Obama is an elitist attempting to institute a Marxist communist dictatorship on what he considers peasants, which makes him unquestionably a left-wing radical. And, it's overwhelmingly obvious a military police state is being created under Obama.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#907655 May 20, 2013
libots who don't question benghazi are as good as traitors.

This isn't about differences of opinion on the war on terror. It's about pure, raw, election politics, and calculus about headlines, and counting votes, and the fear it will look bad if Osama bin Laden's death didn't solve very much at all.

There is no politician in America who has the right to sacrifice another man's life to avoid a difficult headline.

There is nothing confusing about what happened that night and in the following weeks. We don't need all the gritty and ugly details, easily available on the internet. It is obvious that Obama and Hillary had to issue the directives. The CIA or the military would not ignore a terrorist attack on a U.S. embassy on 9/11.

Both CIA chief, General Petraeus, and AFRICOM'S commander, General Ham, said they did not issue orders to not intervene. The directive could only come from our Commander in Chief.

Can you imagine if no one asked President George Bush how to respond to 9/11 because he was busy talking to elementary school children?

President Obama was not even busy. He just retired for the night, we are told. He was told about what was happening and HE DID...NOTHING.

There was no meeting of the national security team in the situation room, so familiar to us all from the President's Bin Laden photo op. Obama did not talk again with his Secretary of Defense.

American military forces stationed 600 miles away in Sicily - one hour and fourteen minutes away by a commercial airliner - were not sent.

We didn't send medical personnel.

After the first attack, we didn't send men to secure the annex.

Pleas for help were ignored.

Special operating forces in Libya were ordered twice to not go to the rescue.

The men in Benghazi were left on their own to fight and die.

Obvious lies were issued by Obama and Hillary in the days that followed. They were stupid lies, already belied by the events - blaming a video, denying it had anything to do with 9/11.

Asked by a campaign reporter if requests for help were denied, Obama said he ordered "Number one, make sure we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to." But far from 'whatever we need to' Obama's administration and military did nothing at all.

Asked why the U.S. military did not do more, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday the first rule in such a situation is not to deploy troops into harm's way ...

Clearly no orders reached Panetta to "do whatever we need to" to secure personnel. Obama's and Clinton's lies were offensively transparent the moment they uttered them.

Those men in Benghazi, beloved by their families, brave, patriotic men serving their country, were abandoned to die because the attack on an embassy didn't match the campaign talking points about the brilliance of the Obama/Clinton foreign policy.

There wasn't supposed to be a 9/11 attack after killing bin Laden and Clinton's signature policy, the Arab Spring.

what did Homer call the above, oh yeah BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min jacques Ottawa 179,422
very cute unuasual pix 57 min ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr WeWeWe 50,641
omnipods boxes for sale 1 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Abby 10-24 9 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago