Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,670)

Showing posts 833,381 - 833,400 of1,071,360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The IRS (in the Cincinnati office) was taking up the applications as they were submitted.
During the suspect period most of the apps for 501 (c)(4) tax exemptions were coming in from political oriented groups such as TeaParty and 9/12 which are not exactly aligned with social welfare. Matter of fact an argument can be made that those sorts of groups stand firmly against social welfare.
Obviously the apps presented were full of red flags thus the questions that the IRS wished answered in writing. The IRS was attempting to justify that the groups focus would be social welfare and not "free money for the fanciest anti Obama website."
One app that fell under scrutiny came from the Liberty Township Ohio TeaParty. Do we really need TeaParty groups every ten miles like McDonald's??? Do TeaParty groups really need to compete with one another for the "biggest" donors? How about rallies held in churches where the political messages are accompanied by religious ones?
The Ohio (R) congressman who stood up for the Liberty Township group clearly did not know the difference between a 501 (c)(4) and a 501 (c)(3)__or else he was lying. I sent a nasty email to the fat little fk. He didn't reply!
Like how you Progressives keep trying to deny the fact that the IG clearly and flatly stated....

The IRS was targeting conservative groups
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Matthews said Obama likes giving speeches more than he likes leading the country.
So it's probably not a good idea to keep reinforcing that fact.
Imagine for just a tiny moment, in your pinhead brain; how meaningful and historical it was for the first black President of the United States to give the commencement speech at Morehouse? MLK's alma mater.
One day, you will choke on your snark. Your ignorance is appalling, you should truly be ashamed of yourself. You're old enough to know better so there's likely no hope of enlightening the likes of you. The only saving grace is that pretty soon, all you old hateful white supremacists will be dead, and your hatefulness will go in the hole with you.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

The last thing the right wing wants to do is talk about themselves and what they are FOR. They're a collection of loony misfits that can't stand each other. The only thing that holds this circus together is their mutual hate of Obama.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasoline tax revenues paid by all motorists not only pay for roads, but also subsidize public transportation for the moochers.
And you, Galt. You still enjoy all the net benefit of that public good . So, your empty complaints have no bearing in reality.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What scandals? What has he personally done? Give me facts, not fox New/Republican talking points/lies/innuendo.
Go back to sleep, Homer. We'll wake you when the movie's over.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's speech was shockingly racist, even for him.
why
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
I think Axelrod makes two Great Points: Axelrod: The government’s just “too vast” for Obama” his point would validate what Clinton had said about Obama’ He’s In over His Head ‘the other is Government is way too Large and need to be shrunk, I’m not sure if he Realize he just Highlighted Obama’s Incompetence!!
Everyone already knew Obama was incompetent; the difference now is they can express it openly.

That plus Big Government is a BIG, dangerous mistake is my other take away.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama gave an outstanding speach at Morehouse:
“We know that too many young men in our community continue to make bad choices,” Mr. Obama said.“And I have to say, growing up I made quite a few myself. Sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down.”
“But one of the things all of you have learned over the last four years is there’s no longer any room for excuses,” the president said to the roughly 500 graduates in a downpour, his words punctuated by claps of thunder.
Wearing academic robes in maroon and black — he was later awarded an honorary law degree — Mr. Obama singled out a graduate, Leland Shelton, who, as a four-year-old had been taken away from his mother by the state. By 14, he was in foster care.
On Sunday, Mr. Shelton graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors and is enrolling at Harvard Law School. The president said that Mr. Shelton planned to use his law degree to advocate for other foster children.
Above all, Mr. Obama exhorted the graduates to extend a hand to other black men, noting that his own success depended less on his Ivy League credentials than on the sense of empathy and obligation he felt, as a black man, to his brothers.
But for the grace of God, I might be in their shoes,” the president said.“I might have been in prison. I might have been unemployed. I might not have been able to support a family.”
Reflecting on his turbulent childhood, Mr. Obama said,“I sure wish I had had a father who was not only present, but involved; didn’t know my dad. And so my whole life, I’ve tried to be for Michelle and my girls what my father wasn’t for my mother and me.”
Declaring that “there are some things, as black men, we can only do for ourselves,” Mr. Obama urged the graduates to “keep setting an example for what it means to be a man.” And he asked them to extend their sense of justice to other minorities.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/19...
I heard it. I thought for the most part it was great. But the question needs asked. Will you libtards throw him under the bus like you did Bill Cosby?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that your assertion of pedophiles is false & aimed at the wrong party. Believe what thou wilt, doth the same! Nothing will become of any of the"scandals"the right is pushing so hard for. You can only block Obama's ideology until mid term elections. Then your asses will be booted into purgatory, where your voices will really be irrelevant. No amount of"scandals,"rumors, or lies will change that fact!
Uh huh. It has already made Obama a lame duck.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The IRS (in the Cincinnati office) was taking up the applications as they were submitted.
During the suspect period most of the apps for 501 (c)(4) tax exemptions were coming in from political oriented groups such as TeaParty and 9/12 which are not exactly aligned with social welfare. Matter of fact an argument can be made that those sorts of groups stand firmly against social welfare.
Obviously the apps presented were full of red flags thus the questions that the IRS wished answered in writing. The IRS was attempting to justify that the groups focus would be social welfare and not "free money for the fanciest anti Obama website."
One app that fell under scrutiny came from the Liberty Township Ohio TeaParty. Do we really need TeaParty groups every ten miles like McDonald's??? Do TeaParty groups really need to compete with one another for the "biggest" donors? How about rallies held in churches where the political messages are accompanied by religious ones?
The Ohio (R) congressman who stood up for the Liberty Township group clearly did not know the difference between a 501 (c)(4) and a 501 (c)(3)__or else he was lying. I sent a nasty email to the fat little fk. He didn't reply!
Thank you Supreme Court. None of those groups should have tax exempt status.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the name of the group Pro-life or anti-abortion?
Enough with the insane yadda, yadda to avoid addressing issues.
Anti-Choice. Nah just messing with ya, I believe those radical religious zealots prefer the term Pro-Life as it's much more uplifting that the truth that they are anti-choice, anti-abortion, hell anti-women for that matter.'Anti' has a negative connotation.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
New Yorkers, when asked on the street about Benghazi and the IRS scandal, had not heard of either. At least 12 people were asked.
One student at Cornell University couldn't even name the VP.
New York predominately votes Democrat. These are the people who put this president back into office.
And those students were all raised by conservative , stable, well-established republican parents.

Since: Jun 08

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
and that justifies the IRS's behavior?

There were plenty of non political groups targeted because the owners were conservative.

Just keep defending these criminal actions, your party will be thrown in the trash that much quicker.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> At least 1 of you right wingers learned not to trust them polls. That's what got your asses torched a few months back! According to the polls, Romney had a 4-5 point lead just days before the manslaughter took place on Nov 6. The same thing will happen come mid term elections. The enlightened is just waiting patient to remove those speed bumps from office, so Obama can fully implement his agenda! They won't sleep & assume like they did in 2010. You can count on it!
You like polls until the same outlier poll that had Obama at 53% states

59% approve of the GOP handling of Benghazi

then you want to ignore them.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to sleep, Homer. We'll wake you when the movie's over.
So you got nothing then. I figured as much.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
why
Sorry lily, i didn't notice your tiny 'why'? You need to speak up to the obtuse Galt. Ask, WHY!?!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
The last thing the right wing wants to do is talk about themselves and what they are FOR. They're a collection of loony misfits that can't stand each other. The only thing that holds this circus together is their mutual hate of Obama.
The last thing Progressives wants to do is justify their bad behavior!

Do you find it believable that the no one tells the president anything and he only finds out what is going on by reading the papers?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Anti-Choice. Nah just messing with ya, I believe those radical religious zealots prefer the term Pro-Life as it's much more uplifting that the truth that they are anti-choice, anti-abortion, hell anti-women for that matter.'Anti' has a negative connotation.
Pro-life

Do you know anything about Gosnell?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So why does the economy always do great when the Democrats are in power? Check this out: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013/05/03...
I REFUSE to read any article published by Fox News!!!

How dare you insult us with facts liberals insist aren't true!!!

Never in my born days have I been so shamefully misled!!!

(Actually, I did read it...and you should read it again to the very end. Things aren't as rosy as they seem.)

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So you got nothing then. I figured as much.
You obviously have been in a coma the past week. Was it self-induced or trauma-related?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 833,381 - 833,400 of1,071,360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-10 6 min Stina2 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Mister Tonka 97,416
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 25 min In Your Face 66
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min wojar 173,531
Amy 7-10 27 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min well 48,674
Chinese hackers hit U.S. personnel networks 1 hr Sounds good 1
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000