Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#907556 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Oh__the other day I had to straighten out Carol on "historically black" colleges and then today one of the TV talking heads was going on about Morehouse being all male and all black.
Well it is all male__but a quick look at the Morehouse 2013 baseball roster proves that it's not "all black."
Not all male, and just a "handful" of whites.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907557 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
The fun part is going to be when Obama beats the Republicans(again) and his popularity soars.
Americans don't care much for azzholes going after our president for no reason.
All this will probably shrink the rightwing base even more.
Progressive mentality is all about enemies, never about what is legal or ethical?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907558 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and now your gonna whip out myriad and use it improperly.
That's our Carol.
And our PTWB Forever.
LMAO.
You are a bozo -it means a great number.

So what do you have to say about your myriad of Progressive sites deliberately targeting alleged enemies of Obama to be harassed?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#907559 May 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a RealDave sock? Or his brother or sister? You love to put words in people's mouths just like he does.
Speaking about socks__take your butt buddy Brian G back to the global warming thread__he's got nothing to offer here.

I wonder which city's leader board he's on__Carol is running about eighth on the Orlando leader board.

Hey Flacko, do you remember when you used to run around doing all that bump sht for points? Did you ever get a crown or a bunch of topix merit badges like Brian G.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#907560 May 20, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
How many thousands of Americans unknowingly carry an internal death sentence, maybe an aneurysm or cancer that is beyond treating? Only the tragic time and circumstances of demise await recording.
Is our nation in the same sick bed? Is Benjamin Franklin’s proud but precarious Republic, Madame, beyond saving? Grave concern is justified.
If our popular, reelected president thinks—and says out loud—that the Founders’ framework of divided powers, checks and balances, and limited, decentralized control is JUST A BIG DRAG on “progress,” and then, the nation doesn’t toss him out forthwith, is that a critical vital sign?
If our populace forgets--or never knew--the warning of America’s greatest president:“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence – it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and fearful master,” but instead, our people admire the COOL INCUMBENT who implores them to reject the voices that warn that big government leads to tyranny, then can we conclude the people have LOST the energy and vigilance that history has always demanded of free people?
If the president’s implausible account of current scandals is true—
“I didn’t direct the IRS to stomp conservatives! That was low level scoundrels! There’s no plot to abuse the media…the Justice Department just kinda’ went rogue on the Associated Press! And my Brother Holder was recused, anyway! There’s no Benghazi cover-up! My administration simply laundered and sanitized the account of slaughtered American diplomats and protectors as part of a petty, bureaucratic spitting contest between CIA and State! My fingerprints are nowhere near the bloody scene! Hell! After I was briefed, I split to pack for Vegas; any questions about where I was are ‘offensive’, you racist!”
--Then does it reveal that, beyond this current maladministration, we suffer under the accumulated, metastasizing mass of an imperious, arbitrary bureaucracy? Do we live under Leviathan, that can, for its own self-serving reasons, ruin any one of us, if and when it chooses?
How, exactly, does a free people overthrow an abusive bureaucracy that, as David Axelrod asserts, is too vast for even the president to be aware of, let alone control?
Lady, you're full of shit & it's seeping through your pores! You don't, you can't overthrow this administration. IT'S UNAMERICAN! You will do what we had to do for 8yrs as Bush demolished this country, wait on the next election & pray you find a conservative qualified enough to take out Hillary. Fat chance! I will continue to do what the average American does when you bring up these b/s scandals, deflect everything back to the master of disaster, George W. Bush! Democrats can run on that for the next 4 elections & no matter how much you ignore it, you can't deny it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907561 May 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Pro-life is really a misnomer for the radical right--they really don't give a gnat's fart about human beings after they're born, want to deny them health care and education and food; keep the death penalty moving on an express lane; make sure that the insane don't have to stop to reload in min-massacre...yeah, that's really PRO-life...
Who cares what you think about them?

It is illegal for the IRS to target them because they do not like their philosophy or political viewpoints.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#907563 May 20, 2013
On the day the bill was introduced into the Senate that would eliminate oil subsidies, Mitch McConnell's campaign fund received over $131,00.00 in donations from the oil industry. Three days later the bill had been killed through a filibuster.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#907564 May 20, 2013
Forgot to ADD

[though you may be TARGETED imo]
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907565 May 20, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should actually open the dictionary instead of just propping your bong on it.
Recent criticism of the use of myriad as a noun, both in the plural form myriads and in the phrase a myriad of, seems to reflect a mistaken belief that the word was originally and is still properly only an adjective. As the entries here show, however, the noun is in fact the older form, dating to the 16th century. The noun myriad has appeared in the works of such writers as Milton (plural myriads) and Thoreau (a myriad of), and it continues to occur frequently in reputable English. There is no reason to avoid it.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myr...
LOL, thanks, this explains a lot about why Realtime keeps trying to claim posters here have multiple IDs.

The only poster here who has such a picky fetish about grammar is lesonnoa (or some such spelling).

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#907566 May 20, 2013
If your organization real reason for existence is political and the type of tax exempt stats you are seeking says it can't be that, then when you name your organization the Tea Party something or other, guess what?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907567 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking about socks__take your butt buddy Brian G back to the global warming thread__he's got nothing to offer here.
I wonder which city's leader board he's on__Carol is running about eighth on the Orlando leader board.
Hey Flacko, do you remember when you used to run around doing all that bump sht for points? Did you ever get a crown or a bunch of topix merit badges like Brian G.
Who cares what you want.

You do know your fetish about grammar has caught up with you?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#907568 May 20, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN poll: 59% approve of GOP handling of Benghazi scandal
But a CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday morning also indicates that congressional Republicans are not overplaying their hand when it comes to their reaction to the three controversies that have consumed the nation’s capital over the past week and a half. And the poll finds that a majority of Americans take all three issues seriously.…
Keep telling yourself no one cares
Okay, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment again like election day! Nobody cares, nobody trusts the GOP! You will all be disappointed come mid terms!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#907569 May 20, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should actually open the dictionary instead of just propping your bong on it.
Recent criticism of the use of myriad as a noun, both in the plural form myriads and in the phrase a myriad of, seems to reflect a mistaken belief that the word was originally and is still properly only an adjective. As the entries here show, however, the noun is in fact the older form, dating to the 16th century. The noun myriad has appeared in the works of such writers as Milton (plural myriads) and Thoreau (a myriad of), and it continues to occur frequently in reputable English. There is no reason to avoid it.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myr...
Traditionally "of" should not follow "myriad."

Let's keep it simple stupid__the founder of the modern conservative movement William F Buckley Jr. would never have used "of" after myriad or "a" before it.

Buckley would have said that (so and so) uses myriad names while posting on topix daily.

Now run along so and so.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#907570 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you think about them?
It is illegal for the IRS to target them because they do not like their philosophy or political viewpoints.
Political groups--even if they're also churches--should not be tax-exempt, period.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#907571 May 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So you still have nothing then, well you have speculation, false accusations, opinion, lies, innuendo, etc.
Go back topost #907319.

You either overlooked it or ignored it on purpose.

But there you will find your "something".
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907573 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking about socks__take your butt buddy Brian G back to the global warming thread__he's got nothing to offer here.
I wonder which city's leader board he's on__Carol is running about eighth on the Orlando leader board.
Hey Flacko, do you remember when you used to run around doing all that bump sht for points? Did you ever get a crown or a bunch of topix merit badges like Brian G.
I love when the kettle calls the pot black?

How many sock puppets do you have?

All you are doing here is outing yourself. We will be monitoring Davey closely to see if he outs himself as being another one for you.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#907574 May 20, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN poll: 59% approve of GOP handling of Benghazi scandal
But a CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday morning also indicates that congressional Republicans are not overplaying their hand when it comes to their reaction to the three controversies that have consumed the nation’s capital over the past week and a half. And the poll finds that a majority of Americans take all three issues seriously.…
Keep telling yourself no one cares
Homer thinks there's nothing to see here and wants us all to just keep moving along.

Obama does too, I'm quite sure.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#907575 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking about socks__take your butt buddy Brian G back to the global warming thread__he's got nothing to offer here.
I wonder which city's leader board he's on__Carol is running about eighth on the Orlando leader board.
Hey Flacko, do you remember when you used to run around doing all that bump sht for points? Did you ever get a crown or a bunch of topix merit badges like Brian G.
Speaking of Global Warming.

April was the 338th consecutive month with above average global temperatures.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907576 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Traditionally "of" should not follow "myriad."
Let's keep it simple stupid__the founder of the modern conservative movement William F Buckley Jr. would never have used "of" after myriad or "a" before it.
Buckley would have said that (so and so) uses myriad names while posting on topix daily.
Now run along so and so.
Your grammar fetish.

It is still acceptable and all you have done with this is expose yourself.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907577 May 20, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Political groups--even if they're also churches--should not be tax-exempt, period.
That is your viewpoint.

The law is they do have tax-exempt status and the IRS cannot target them for either their philosophy or political believes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min TATlover 50,354
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 71,541
More than 300 miles of Chicago roadway to be re... 19 min joey 2
Self Protection is the 2nd Amendment. 25 min joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 183,802
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 2 hr chanelle 20
amy 1-27 3 hr tiredofit 13
abby 1-26 5 hr Mister Tonka 45
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots