Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907518 May 20, 2013
Robert Gibbs now states the DOJ has failed to justify their sweeping intrusion into reporters privacy in order to intimidate potential whistle blowers.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#907519 May 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That alone is so implausible, it raises an even more serious question of who exactly IS in charge?
Biden probably gets more information from Obama's advisors.
VEEP Joe Biden has some pretty smart advisers of his own too like Ted Kaufman and Jared Bernstin. Biden is also one of President Obama's most well-informed , intelligent foreign policy advisers( VEEP Joe Biden's thirty years on the U S Senate's Foreign Affairs Committee earned him those bona fides credentials.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#907520 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I will clarify. The IRS was targeting big donors to Romney.
Check out the link I cited above. They called them "Tea Party" and other organizations. Let's discuss.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#907521 May 20, 2013
Justice Department Spied on Fox News Reporter James Rosen?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/justi...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#907522 May 20, 2013
Shredding the Constitution: Obama’s attack on the media

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#907523 May 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if they're left or right, they're not entitled to tax exempt status, that was a mistake. Do you know how many such groups sprang up after the Citizens United case?
Stupid idiot.
the government should not be able to use the tax code to control behavior. The Fair Tax eliminates all that nonsense.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907524 May 20, 2013
Holder needs to resign ASAP

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#907525 May 20, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Out of 300 groups that the I.R.S.'targeted ' only 70 were right-wing , Tea Party groups, the rest were left-wing , liberal groups. You're right, Aunt Bettie Lou, www.moveon.org , ACORN, PlannedParenthood should protest loudly for the unequal treatment and conservative bias in the selective political profiling .
This proves you're even loonier than I thought. Just don't let go of the fringe. You're among the few still trying to hang on.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#907526 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I will clarify. The IRS was targeting big donors to Romney.
Or were you clarifying for Carol, who like you, can barely get through a post without using the word "progressives?"

Did I just out one sockpuppet or two??? Three maybe?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#907527 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to toy with those who cherry pick which results they wish to believe.
I have noted that Progressives here wants to believe the outlier CNN poll which has Obama at 53% approval while wanting to deny 59% in the same poll thought the GOP was handling Benghazi correctly.
Sorry bra, but I don't pick cherries. I'm a realist. The truth of the matter is,nobody cares about any of those"scandals." George W Bush Fucked it up for any RepublIcan. Nobody trusts republicans after the 9/11 debacle. 9/11 marks the date the spirit of America changed for good. You don't need a poll to tell you that, you can feel it in the air!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907528 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you clarify a post from a different poster, specifically PTWB Forever location shown Louisville KY???
Now tell me a story eh?
You asked a question and I answered.

You were wondering how the IRS identified certain groups to target and I answered that it is known that big donors to Romney was targeted.

Sorry, your question had a simple answer and wasn't the stumpier you hoped it to be.

Orlando, FL

#907529 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>VEEP Joe Biden has some pretty smart advisers of his own too like Ted Kaufman and Jared Bernstin. Biden is also one of President Obama's most well-informed , intelligent foreign policy advisers( VEEP Joe Biden's thirty years on the U S Senate's Foreign Affairs Committee earned him those bona fides credentials.
At least with Joe, we'd have some modicum of experience and leadership and be amused the next three years.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#907530 May 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry bra, but I don't pick cherries. I'm a realist. The truth of the matter is,nobody cares about any of those"scandals." George W Bush Fucked it up for any RepublIcan. Nobody trusts republicans after the 9/11 debacle. 9/11 marks the date the spirit of America changed for good. You don't need a poll to tell you that, you can feel it in the air!
Correction ... you would like to believe that no one cares about the scandals.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#907531 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Robert Gibbs now states the DOJ has failed to justify their sweeping intrusion into reporters privacy in order to intimidate potential whistle blowers.
And if the Obama Administration had ignored Congressional pressure to plug leaks in the national security agencies then Darrell Issa would be holding hearings on that too. It is not what Obama does or doesn't do ,but what Obama looks like to republicans --a young black man , raised on the mean streets of Chicago who chose not to go into drugs or sports, but who had the gumption to grind out a quality college education, return home to volunteer work in his community improvement and empowerment then go into politics and succeed all the way to the White House. To republicans that rags-to-riches fable only happens to white, well-heeled , conservative white boys.

Orlando, FL

#907532 May 20, 2013
Know who said this, Lily?

"But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."

Yes, that's right. It was MLK.

Looks like too many liberals and too many blacks have guzzled down the cup of bitterness and hatred.

Everyone's now a racist if they judge a man's character and not the color of his skin.

MLK is probably rolling over in his grave.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907533 May 20, 2013
Schieffer interview with AP Pruitt

GARY PRUITT: This was very good news, but strangely, at the same time, the administration, through the press secretary and the Department of Homeland Security, were telling the American public that there was no credible evidence of a terrorist plot related to the anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden. So that was misleading to the American public. We felt the American public needed to know this story.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Now, when you got the story, at first the people who gave it to you asked you to hold it for a certain time.

GARY PRUITT: Yes. So what happened was we got this story. We went to the government–the White House, intelligence agencies–they said there’s a national security risk if you run this story, if you go with this story at this time. We respected that. We acted responsibly, we held the story.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Then?

GARY PRUITT: Then five days– we– we held it for five days. On the fifth day, we heard from high officials in two parts of the government that the national security issues had passed and at that point, we released the story.... The White House wanted to– wanted us to hold it another day because they wanted to announce this successful foiling of the plot.

BOB SCHIEFFER: So they wanted– they didn’t want to get scooped.

GARY PRUITT: I guess. I guess that– they didn’t tell us their motive, but that certainly seemed that way to us. We didn’t think that was a legitimate reason for holding the story.

How typical of the administration crew. It was not national security that motivated this administration crusade against AP, but Obama officials’ pique over being denied bragging rights.(This administration wildly leaked the details of the Osama bin Laden raid, to the horror of then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates.)

To understand how egregious this was, one should remember the administration never asked for the records. The object was not the leak but to make a show of going after leakers."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

" So they wanted– they didn’t want to get scooped."

Yes, this is exactly what prompted Holder to engage in wholesale invasion of privacy.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#907534 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>And make the filthy rich obscenely RICH. Yeah, that'll work if you want Revolution. Galt is a revolutionary radical now.
Are you a RealDave sock? Or his brother or sister? You love to put words in people's mouths just like he does.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#907535 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or were you clarifying for Carol, who like you, can barely get through a post without using the word "progressives?"
Did I just out one sockpuppet or two??? Three maybe?
PROGRESSIVES and their myriad of websites have promoted this enemies mentality for many years now.

I will be blunt. Progressives are now a dangerous group.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#907536 May 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked a question and I answered.
You were wondering how the IRS identified certain groups to target and I answered that it is known that big donors to Romney was targeted.
Sorry, your question had a simple answer and wasn't the stumpier you hoped it to be.
Nice story but no dice.

You forgot who you were Hah.

I don't forget!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#907537 May 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The owners???
The owners were conservative and the IRS somehow knew that?
BTW , I'm a lifelong Republican (super voter)__not to be confused with a lying, racist, birther, conspiracy freak, scumbag, TeaParty mutt.
What's that screen name mean anyway?
"BTW , I'm a lifelong Republican "

Translation:

"BTW , I'm a lifelong lying Democrat nutcase"

Lying azzwhole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min California green 52,281
News Test Drive: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Review (Jan '09) 1 hr ImmaGetMeSome 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 185,851
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 hr Red_Forman 823
Abby 3-28-15 10 hr RACE 2
Ask Amy 3-28-15 10 hr RACE 2
News Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 11 hr FFS- 54,567
Amy 3-26 12 hr RACE 60
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]