Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,586)

Showing posts 831,701 - 831,720 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Republicans Succeed In Turning Americans Against The IRS

This week the Republican Party, and their PR division Fox News, pulled off a political miracle that no one could have predicted a week or two ago. By the sheer determination of their will and endless repetition, The GOP has managed to transform the legendary public affection for the Internal Revenue Service into deep animosity and distrust. Prior to these late-breaking events the IRS had a 40% approval rating (note: that was still better than congress at 9%)

How could this have happened? The foundation of good will that has long been the envy of every other government agency has cracked and now Americans are, for the first time, eying the IRS suspiciously and recoiling in disgust. From a political standpoint, all the effort that Republicans have been pouring into this affair has yielded them an unexpected victory. They must be so proud now that they have masterfully maneuvered public opinion away from the big government bureaucracy that was once such an object of adoration.

This remarkable achievement was engineered by relentless condemnation of a branch of the IRS whose purpose is to affirm that organizations seeking tax-exempt status are complying with the legal requirement to be doing social welfare work and not politics. That seems like an important function that protects taxpayers from having to pick up the tab for political operatives who try to evade their fiscal responsibilities. The problem occurred when some low-level employees sought to identify potential evaders by imposing stricter standards of scrutiny on presumably conservative groups associated with the Tea Party. What on earth might have caused anyone at the IRS to think the Tea Party could be conducting political activities?

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i know that.
you're just not used to someone who doesn't give a shyte what you say about them. you nutjobs are only like 8% of the voting public, so why should i even care what some nutjob who's sitting squarely in the minority thinks about what i think?
kind of like what the majority thinks of the right wing media: all bark and no bite.
I am use to people not giving a shyte. Heavens knows I could care less what the loons here say including you.

You just wasted a temper tantrum.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi

Another feather in the GOP cap is their persistent drum-beat of horror over what they say was President Obama’s shameful mismanagement of a diplomatic facility in Libya that resulted in the deaths of an ambassador and three other Americans. Never mind that they have never been able to tie the President to any specific action that might have made him responsible, they continue to blame him for the whole thing and are even raising the specter of impeachment.

Most recently, Jonathan Karl of ABC News broadcast an exclusive report wherein he claimed to have obtained emails from the CIA and State Department that proved that the White House tried to alter the narrative in a way that diminished the participation of Al Qaeda. This was done, Republicans allege, to benefit the President in the midst of his reelection campaign.

Like every other Republican-built scandal, this one has withered in the light of principled journalism that unraveled the embarrassing stenography practiced by Jonathan Karl. Contrary to his reporting, Karl did not actually have the emails he said he had. CBS’s Major Garrett did acquire the actual emails and reported significant discrepancies between what they said and what Karl reported. Subsequently, Karl admitted that he had only interviewed someone who said they had seen the emails and had taken notes.

As it turns out, Karl’s anonymous source was likely a Republican congressman who had seen these classified emails when they were presented in closed session by the DOJ. The source then relayed a falsified version of what the emails contained to Karl in order to damage the President. Karl graciously went along with the obviously partisan source without demanding any further corroboration. For that malfeasence, and his lying about having possession of the emails, Karl ought to be fired. Of course, he could always get a new job at Fox News where his reporting on the emails was lavishly praised. Fox then patted themselves on the back for so doggedly pursuing the phony story.

In Conclusion…

The cornucopia of crackpottery to which the GOP is clinging becomes more absurd by the hour. And yet they are feverishly pushing these fairy tales so as to avoid doing any real work. The American people deserve a legislative branch that accomplishes something every now and then. It is why they are elected and what we pay them for. Enduring countless fake scandals that have never even come close to implicating Obama in any wrongdoing is not a substitute for leadership. In fact, the only party in any of these affairs that could be guilty of a crime is the source who leaked classified information (albeit falsified) to Jonathan Karl.

Republicans are striving mightily to compare Obama to Richard Nixon and Watergate. But a more apt comparison would be Whitewater. In that trumped-up controversy Bill and Hillary Clinton were alleged to have committed everything from tax fraud to murder. But none of it proved to be true. And even after a surreal impeachment over consensual sex, Clinton rose again and Republicans lost seats in the following election. At the rate things are going, that is a likely fate for Republicans in 2014. And it would serve them right. Maybe then the country could get around to actually working on the real problems we have that affect the lives of real people – not just the political fortunes of power-hungry losers.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's this sort of ignorance that has stopped America moving forward. The Tea Baggers and Carol's of this world are now like obstacles for the country's success. They rant on about communism and leftist ideas yet they behave exactly like what they profess to be against. Freedom of thought, in other words stuck inside a very small box in terms of ideas. Be Thankful for West & East coast where ideas & innovations come freely and progress is not chained to religion or any other self righteous BS.
Very true, thanks.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do
“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now there's no coverup, just idiots?
FOX should be able to relate to that.
Let's retry the reading comprehension thing again

"We're portrayed by Republicans as either being lying or idiots," said one Obama administration official who was part of the Benghazi response. "It's actually closer to us being idiots."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584921/...

The officials defense for a bungled Benghazi is they are idiots. Now you think it is a good thing the Obama admin officials is using the "I am idiot" defense?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi
Another feather in the GOP cap is their persistent drum-beat of horror over what they say was President Obama’s shameful mismanagement of a diplomatic facility in Libya that resulted in the deaths of an ambassador and three other Americans. Never mind that they have never been able to tie the President to any specific action that might have made him responsible, they continue to blame him for the whole thing and are even raising the specter of impeachment.
Most recently, Jonathan Karl of ABC News broadcast an exclusive report wherein he claimed to have obtained emails from the CIA and State Department that proved that the White House tried to alter the narrative in a way that diminished the participation of Al Qaeda. This was done, Republicans allege, to benefit the President in the midst of his reelection campaign.
Like every other Republican-built scandal, this one has withered in the light of principled journalism that unraveled the embarrassing stenography practiced by Jonathan Karl. Contrary to his reporting, Karl did not actually have the emails he said he had. CBS’s Major Garrett did acquire the actual emails and reported significant discrepancies between what they said and what Karl reported. Subsequently, Karl admitted that he had only interviewed someone who said they had seen the emails and had taken notes.
As it turns out, Karl’s anonymous source was likely a Republican congressman who had seen these classified emails when they were presented in closed session by the DOJ. The source then relayed a falsified version of what the emails contained to Karl in order to damage the President. Karl graciously went along with the obviously partisan source without demanding any further corroboration. For that malfeasence, and his lying about having possession of the emails, Karl ought to be fired. Of course, he could always get a new job at Fox News where his reporting on the emails was lavishly praised. Fox then patted themselves on the back for so doggedly pursuing the phony story.
In Conclusion…
The cornucopia of crackpottery to which the GOP is clinging becomes more absurd by the hour. And yet they are feverishly pushing these fairy tales so as to avoid doing any real work. The American people deserve a legislative branch that accomplishes something every now and then. It is why they are elected and what we pay them for. Enduring countless fake scandals that have never even come close to implicating Obama in any wrongdoing is not a substitute for leadership. In fact, the only party in any of these affairs that could be guilty of a crime is the source who leaked classified information (albeit falsified) to Jonathan Karl.
Republicans are striving mightily to compare Obama to Richard Nixon and Watergate. But a more apt comparison would be Whitewater. In that trumped-up controversy Bill and Hillary Clinton were alleged to have committed everything from tax fraud to murder. But none of it proved to be true. And even after a surreal impeachment over consensual sex, Clinton rose again and Republicans lost seats in the following election. At the rate things are going, that is a likely fate for Republicans in 2014. And it would serve them right. Maybe then the country could get around to actually working on the real problems we have that affect the lives of real people – not just the political fortunes of power-hungry losers.
Refer to my post above. Hey, the Obama admin officials defense is they are idiots.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am use to people not giving a shyte. Heavens knows I could care less what the loons here say including you.
You just wasted a temper tantrum.
lol

you're a long way from making me angry. miles away. like i said....i'm sitting in the majority. i have no need to act like i'm all pissed off because no one believes what i have to say. i'll leave that to the angry FOXbots who can't understand why the majority won't buy into the FOX bs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's retry the reading comprehension thing again
"We're portrayed by Republicans as either being lying or idiots," said one Obama administration official who was part of the Benghazi response. "It's actually closer to us being idiots."
The officials defense for a bungled Benghazi is they are idiots. Now you think it is a good thing the Obama admin officials is using the "I am idiot" defense?
you're too easy. even birthers would catch on quicker than you have.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are volunteers, there to serve the President. Contrary to you disrespectful republicans, to them, it us an honor to do so. The only reason this is an issue is because of racism. I suppose you would have liked to see them defy and disrespect the President.
If they do not want to serve the President of The United States, there are thousands who would love that duty.
You should be ashamed of yourself
Old Eed is way to dumb to even know what is going on. Every day that idiot posts the same old silly crap thinking that there are those that appreciate his brand of stupid. Idiots like him think it's alright for thousands of our men and women to die needlessly for power and greed for a president that obviously couldn't care less.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"

The officials spoke to CBS News in a series of interviews and communications under the condition of anonymity so that they could be more frank in their assessments.

They do not all agree on the list of mistakes and it's important to note that they universally claim that any errors or missteps did not cost lives and reflect "incompetence rather than malice or cover up." Nonetheless, in the eight months since the attacks, this is the most sweeping and detailed discussion by key players of what might have been done differently.

....The Obama administration's chief critics on Benghazi, such as Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., remain skeptical. They see a pattern, even a conspiracy, to deflect attention from the idea that four Americans had been killed by al Qaeda-linked attackers, on the president's watch. "There is no conclusion a reasonable person could reach other than that for a couple of weeks after the attack,[the Obama administration was] trying to push a narrative that was politically beneficial to the president's re-election," Graham told CBS News.

what a waste of taxpayer money. Obama has already been reelected, and it's not like Mitt was going to win anyway no matter what happened before the election.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

The Backstory on Those ‘Doctored’ Benghazi Emails

Sources with knowledge of key congressional briefings earlier this year on administration emails regarding the Sept 11, 2012 Benghazi attack tell TPM that those in attendance were provided clear information that the White House remained neutral in adjudicating a dispute between the State Department and the CIA over talking points at the center of a months-long controversy.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/05/be...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You sneaky little tea bagger...inserting democrat into your IRS jihad.
I bet you'd be a smash in Jasper Texas...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost isn't worth your time.
Just a pathetic old fool ranting against his failures and miserable condition.
Peace.
Really weirdo, Ghost travels all over and is treated with respect while you labor away daily on topix, whining and crying while spreading hate, bigotry and ignorance..A real no life for sure. You can only envy someone like me.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
you're a long way from making me angry. miles away. like i said....i'm sitting in the majority. i have no need to act like i'm all pissed off because no one believes what i have to say. i'll leave that to the angry FOXbots who can't understand why the majority won't buy into the FOX bs.
What majority? Approval/disapproval of Obama is statistically tied according to polls that occur before all the scandals. Hey, whatever lie gets you through the night-you run with.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're too easy. even birthers would catch on quicker than you have.
Whimpy response. Trying to use the following excuse?

I find it interesting that the Obama's admin officials try to use as their excuse "I am an idiot" defense.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Backstory on Those ‘Doctored’ Benghazi Emails
Sources with knowledge of key congressional briefings earlier this year on administration emails regarding the Sept 11, 2012 Benghazi attack tell TPM that those in attendance were provided clear information that the White House remained neutral in adjudicating a dispute between the State Department and the CIA over talking points at the center of a months-long controversy.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/05/be...
Still disappointed this story has no there there. No emails were doctored. No claim in your article to that. What the left wants to whine about is it was alleged the State Dept wanted the re-writes. Not a very good whine as all the players involved were Obama admin officials? So, again, who was it that wanted all the re-writes-the White House or State Dept?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Hey, I have kids. I know a temper tantrum when I see one.

You have no majority-sad sack
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

A True Warrior

Activists Help Farmer Who Owes Over $80K After Losing Monsanto Patent Case

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/activists...

You may have heard of 76-year-old Vernon Hugh Bowman from Indiana who tenaciously took on Monsanto all the way to the Supreme Court over a patent infringement claim.

Bowman barely has enough to make ends meet, using run-down tractors and having tried using second-hand seeds from granaries.

The desire to help Bowman comes from people not wanting his family to live under the burden of the looming debt. They want to show him that people will rally to help small farmers like him, that he hasn't lost his support...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
The officials spoke to CBS News in a series of interviews and communications under the condition of anonymity so that they could be more frank in their assessments.
They do not all agree on the list of mistakes and it's important to note that they universally claim that any errors or missteps did not cost lives and reflect "incompetence rather than malice or cover up." Nonetheless, in the eight months since the attacks, this is the most sweeping and detailed discussion by key players of what might have been done differently.
....The Obama administration's chief critics on Benghazi, such as Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., remain skeptical. They see a pattern, even a conspiracy, to deflect attention from the idea that four Americans had been killed by al Qaeda-linked attackers, on the president's watch. "There is no conclusion a reasonable person could reach other than that for a couple of weeks after the attack,[the Obama administration was] trying to push a narrative that was politically beneficial to the president's re-election," Graham told CBS News.
what a waste of taxpayer money. Obama has already been reelected, and it's not like Mitt was going to win anyway no matter what happened before the election.
Do you know how looney you and Obama sound when you whine "I was elected so no one can question me."

You left out this little gem

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 831,701 - 831,720 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min voice of peace 67,521
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 1 hr dixie 3
Amy 7-9 2 hr NWmoon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 3 hr Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 3 hr _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,572
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs