Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905993 May 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I usually post on topix while I'm entertaining too Flack.
Now run along and tell all your guests about your hatred for the Obama's.
Your obsession and addiction to idiot and ignorance is Not only amusing, but curious Realtime... You a grown man, forever hell bent on being a retard. Why are you so stupid??
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905994 May 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime using his: "I am an idiot" defense...
How quickly he has forgot the wholesale slaughter of Iraqis by Hussein.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905995 May 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of the American citizens think Obama is a failure. Some of them are gasp black. What is your point?
How many times has Carol proved Realtime wrong?? How many times has Realtime called others liars and had to be proven wrong? If not for incompetent, loser and idiot Realtime would have nothing....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#905996 May 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
I stop and check it sometimes as I go to the kitchen or the bathroom. Same as I do during the week. I don't hate the Obamas. I think they are wrong but I don't hate them. I don't let politics get personal. It's a Grand Illusion!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905997 May 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime along with the Neo-Nazis opposed the invasion of Iraq. Basically the Neo-Nazi liberals support any Arab country because they all oppose Israel and support exterminating the Jews....

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905998 May 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Press secretary Jay Carney acknowledged Monday that the White House was informed in April that the Treasury Department's Inspector General was investigating the IRS's Cincinnati field office which is accused of targeting conservative political groups for extra scrutiny.
Hello?
Richard Nixon? Anyone?
This kind of shoots holes in your cover-up conspiracy theory ,doesn't it? It proves that the Obama Administration was on top of the problem in starting investigations months before any republicans were ever aware there was a problem in the I.R.S.(President Obama is the person responsible for assigning an Inspector General )
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905999 May 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
BTW you retard: We Obama opponents are not racist Realtime... We just don't like his white half-ass either you idiot...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#906000 May 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your being clueless is amusing but dangerous at the same time
Prove I'm wrong. You can't with the economic facts staring you in the face from your own favorite News Source , FoxNews.:-D Check this out: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2013/05/03...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#906001 May 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>This kind of shoots holes in your cover-up conspiracy theory ,doesn't it? It proves that the Obama Administration was on top of the problem in starting investigations months before any republicans were ever aware there was a problem in the I.R.S.(President Obama is the person responsible for assigning an Inspector General )
The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide.': Barack Hussein Obama

You have to admit - Obama bin Lying, Hillary, Susan Rice and Carney do what they do best is LIE.

Chris Matthews: Obama Likes Giving Speeches More Than He Likes Leading.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#906002 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>This kind of shoots holes in your cover-up conspiracy theory ,doesn't it? It proves that the Obama Administration was on top of the problem in starting investigations months before any republicans were ever aware there was a problem in the I.R.S.(President Obama is the person responsible for assigning an Inspector General )
He said he heard about it on the news on Friday just like everybody else. Try to keep up.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#906003 May 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Accused by whom and oops you forgot to erase that the firm was drop by the RNC when the accusations occurred. You aren't very bright
In the end you Lied and couldn't back up your idiotic claim.
Nathan Sproul , head of that firm, was never dropped as one of Mitt Romney /Paul Ryan major political fund raisers and managers. The Los Angeles Times reported that the RNC urged the state GOP in seven swing states to hire the firm, despite the fact that the man who runs it, Nathan Sproul, has been accused of running firms that have destroyed Democratic registrations. Sproul told the newspaper that RNC officials asked him to set up a new firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, so that his efforts would not be linked to those allegations. The RNC has reportedly paid the firm at least $3.1 million via state parties. "Check this out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57522694/ ...
Brad

Manchester, CT

#906004 May 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He said he heard about it on the news on Friday just like everybody else. Try to keep up.
Very groovy avatar!
Where did you find that pic?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#906005 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>Nathan Sproul , head of that firm, was never dropped as one of Mitt Romney /Paul Ryan major political fund raisers and managers. The Los Angeles Times reported that the RNC urged the state GOP in seven swing states to hire the firm, despite the fact that the man who runs it, Nathan Sproul, has been accused of running firms that have destroyed Democratic registrations. Sproul told the newspaper that RNC officials asked him to set up a new firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, so that his efforts would not be linked to those allegations. The RNC has reportedly paid the firm at least $3.1 million via state parties. "Check this out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57522694/ ...
Sproul worked for Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008.

Bush paid $8.3 million.

http://baltimorechronicle.com/070505Miller-Ir...

one has to wonder for what.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#906006 May 18, 2013
It's the only "scandal" that has a chance of sticking__face it, almost everyone dislikes the IRS. And most Americans don't really think beyond their own circumstances__we see that right here with those pretending to be conservatives.

The AP scandal explains itself, follow along. Someone in government leaked sensitive info to someone at AP. Seems wiser to review the AP phone contacts than to go through the extraordinary process of reviewing the governments__many of which don't fall under the Bush Era search and seizure revisions. I really hope the leaker is identified.

The Benghazi scandal is also a waste of time__the bulk of American voters can't spell the word or locate the place on a map. Many right wingers posting here can't either and just enjoy repeating the strange name they learned on FOX news.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#906007 May 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are y'all fronting like Saddam's extermination of that Kurd village was anywhere close to around the time of George W Bush's tenure? That happened when Reagan was president, & nobody cared then. Definitely not Reagan, he was too busy smuggling plane loads of guns in exchange for hostages. The least you can do is be factual!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#906008 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>Nathan Sproul , head of that firm, was never dropped as one of Mitt Romney /Paul Ryan major political fund raisers and managers. The Los Angeles Times reported that the RNC urged the state GOP in seven swing states to hire the firm, despite the fact that the man who runs it, Nathan Sproul, has been accused of running firms that have destroyed Democratic registrations. Sproul told the newspaper that RNC officials asked him to set up a new firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, so that his efforts would not be linked to those allegations. The RNC has reportedly paid the firm at least $3.1 million via state parties. "Check this out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57522694/ ...
You posted this same garbage two hours and my response- which I re-posted below-was too the very same post. However, you in your confusion re-post the same thing in response.

Short term memory problems?

Accused by whom and oops you forgot to erase that the firm was drop by the RNC when the accusations occurred. You aren't very bright
In the end you Lied and couldn't back up your idiotic claim.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#906009 May 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'd add it if it were true.
'but! leap of faith!!' or 'FOX said so!'
take your pick. doesn't matter. they both lose. as usual.
I am saying it. Any time a President corrupts an election the way O'bama did, it is illegal. He is no better than moslem dictators in third world countries.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#906010 May 18, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Very groovy avatar!
Where did you find that pic?
Pink Floyd.com 40th anniversary of the release of 'Dark Side of the Moon'. One for each year.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#906011 May 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Why are y'all fronting like Saddam's extermination of that Kurd village was anywhere close to around the time of George W Bush's tenure? That happened when Reagan was president, & nobody cared then. Definitely not Reagan, he was too busy smuggling plane loads of guns in exchange for hostages. The least you can do is be factual!
My statement was to Realtime who conveniently forgot how many people Hussein killed?

And this is in response to what? Nothing? A knee-jerk reaction? This does not disprove that Hussein slaughtered his own citizens.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#906012 May 18, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am saying it. Any time a President corrupts an election the way O'bama did, it is illegal. He is no better than moslem dictators in third world countries.
I get it.

You have a better plan, a better run campaign, a better get out the vote running against an inferior candidate who made numerous mistakes has become corrupt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min ACTUALLY 187,694
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 52,967
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Cold Front 69,740
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr Moon Rhythm 5,207
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr texas pete 5,943
Chicago Flash Mobs; As dangerous and lethal as ... (Sep '13) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 74
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr textify 99,409
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]