Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#905651 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief Dave, try to follow at least your own train of thought.
"Whatever"
A few posts back "real dumb" was complaining about the moochers taking advantage of a program, a program they paid in to for years and are still paying in to. Now he has changed his mind. About time he probably just changed his shorts for the first time this year.
Peace

Spokane, WA

#905652 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You have turned into the biggest crybaby on here in record time...You love to give but are a real lightweight when it comes to taking. I'll bet most all you baggers wet your pants until you were in the 8th grade, but then again I kinda doubt you got that far.
"Whatever"
"poop" is an authority on pants wetting. His attendent at his rehab center changes his diaper on a regular basis.
Peace
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905653 May 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
We’re off key and off message. We’ve become professional victims dialed up to 10 on the outrage meter. Who the hell wants to listen to conservatives whining and moaning all the time about the outrage du jour? Seriously? Mitt Romney ran a campaign on just how bad things are, but he was rejected by a majority of Americans who felt like he really did not care about them and really had no plans to improve their lives.
Bitching about Benghazi doesn’t do that either.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/20/the-loyal-...
the person is Erick Erickson. the new guy at FOX.

Officials on Benghazi

"We're portrayed by Republicans as either being lying or idiots," said one Obama administration official who was part of the Benghazi response. "It's actually closer to us being idiots."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584921/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905654 May 17, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatever"
"poop" is an authority on pants wetting. His attendent at his rehab center changes his diaper on a regular basis.
Peace
Ghost isn't worth your time.

Just a pathetic old fool ranting against his failures and miserable condition.

Peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#905655 May 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Five umbrella stands on the wall...
"silly"
At least be honest. In your mind that is all our military is good for, shielding the president from a few rain drops.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905656 May 17, 2013
REP. MIKE KELLY (R-PA): This has nothing to do with political parties. This has to do with highly targeted groups. This reconfirms everything the American public believes. This is a huge blow to the faith and trust that the American people have in their government. Is there any limit to the scope where you folks can go? Is there anything at all? Is there any way that we could ask you is there any question that you should have asked?

My goodness. How much money do you have in your wallet? Who do you get emails from? Whose sign do you put up in your front yard? This is a tax question? And you don't think that's intimidating? It's sure as hell intimidating. And I don't know that I got any answers from you today. And I don't know that -- what Mr. George said is great work -- but you know what? There's a heck of a lot more that has to come out in this. Any anybody that sat here today and listened to what you had to say, I am more concerned today than I was before, and the fact that you all can do just about anything you want to anybody?

You know, you can put anybody out of business that you want. Any time you want. I gotta tell you. You could talk about how you're a horribly run organization, if you're on the other side of the fence, you're not giving that excuse. And the IRS comes in, you're not allowed to be shoddy, you're not allowed to be run horribly, you're not allowed to make mistakes, you're not allowed to do one damn thing that doesn't come in compliance, and if you do, you're held responsible right then. I just think the American people have seen what's going on right now in their government. This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all Americans.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#905657 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a total idiot[To which you are over qualified} would believe that. Obama inherited the biggest mess in our history from eight years of bungling. We are and have been steadily improving and cleaning up all of your messes, and with absolutely no help from the ones that created all the messes"THE REPUBLICANS". SO Suck on that AIRHEAD.
"poop"
You are ignorant. You say president nobama inherited a mess, right? Well lets take a look, since nobama took office;
- Unemployment has increased
- Household income has declined
- Home values have declined
- More American's are using food stamps
- The debt continues to sky rocket
The numbers would indicate that the efforts od president nobama made a bad situation, much worse.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905658 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, tell Grey Ghost that you're more like Gary Gilmore .http://upload.wikimedia.org/w ikipedia/en/6/61/Gary_Gilmore_ mugshot.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905659 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
See? There you go again.
I said Bob Woodward said that about Jarrett.
Don't think he made it up.
Do you?
Yes I do

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905660 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
REP. MIKE KELLY (R-PA): This has nothing to do with political parties. This has to do with highly targeted groups. This reconfirms everything the American public believes. This is a huge blow to the faith and trust that the American people have in their government. Is there any limit to the scope where you folks can go? Is there anything at all? Is there any way that we could ask you is there any question that you should have asked?
My goodness. How much money do you have in your wallet? Who do you get emails from? Whose sign do you put up in your front yard? This is a tax question? And you don't think that's intimidating? It's sure as hell intimidating. And I don't know that I got any answers from you today. And I don't know that -- what Mr. George said is great work -- but you know what? There's a heck of a lot more that has to come out in this. Any anybody that sat here today and listened to what you had to say, I am more concerned today than I was before, and the fact that you all can do just about anything you want to anybody?
You know, you can put anybody out of business that you want. Any time you want. I gotta tell you. You could talk about how you're a horribly run organization, if you're on the other side of the fence, you're not giving that excuse. And the IRS comes in, you're not allowed to be shoddy, you're not allowed to be run horribly, you're not allowed to make mistakes, you're not allowed to do one damn thing that doesn't come in compliance, and if you do, you're held responsible right then. I just think the American people have seen what's going on right now in their government. This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all Americans.
Why play the double-standard game when it's a democrat? "They say two wrongs don't make a right, but ignoring one of those wrongs while vilifying the other is intellectually dishonest and violently hypocritical, among other things. And certainly that's the case surrounding news that the IRS targeted tea-party groups as a means of determining and verifying their tax-exempt status has resurrected a familiar debate about government overreach and abuse of power." ... "Let's begin there. The congressional Republicans are outraged by the IRS story, but they haven't been able to scramble to the floor of the House quickly enough to target left-leaning groups." Anybody on the Right remember George W Bush?(The Bush FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force Targeted Civil Rights / Anti-war Activists. In 2005, an ACLU investigation revealed that both the FBI and the JTTF surveilled and gathered intelligence about a variety of liberal groups including PETA and the Catholic Workers, along with other groups that it hyperbolically referred to as having "semi-communistic ideology." ) Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/10-ex...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905661 May 17, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
At least be honest. In your mind that is all our military is good for, shielding the president from a few rain drops.
Peace
KMA
They are volunteers, there to serve the President. Contrary to you disrespectful republicans, to them, it us an honor to do so. The only reason this is an issue is because of racism. I suppose you would have liked to see them defy and disrespect the President.
If they do not want to serve the President of The United States, there are thousands who would love that duty.
You should be ashamed of yourself

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905662 May 17, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The only "I" Bush said was to personally thank the Troops. And O'bama well he went over to Pakistan himself, evidentally, and single handedly killed Osama. I I I me me me my my my. People who talk that way, they are very unsure, and very insecure.
"President Obama praised the special forces on Sunday, saying the mission was characteristic of U.S. troops' "extraordinary courage, skill and patriotism."Check this out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57558162/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905663 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, in the writer's opinion, what Obama set out to do was to destroy America as we know it.
we?

the America you think you know is gone and will never come back. and it happened long before Obama took office.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905664 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Why play the double-standard game when it's a democrat? "They say two wrongs don't make a right, but ignoring one of those wrongs while vilifying the other is intellectually dishonest and violently hypocritical, among other things. And certainly that's the case surrounding news that the IRS targeted tea-party groups as a means of determining and verifying their tax-exempt status has resurrected a familiar debate about government overreach and abuse of power." ... "Let's begin there. The congressional Republicans are outraged by the IRS story, but they haven't been able to scramble to the floor of the House quickly enough to target left-leaning groups." Anybody on the Right remember George W Bush?(The Bush FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force Targeted Civil Rights / Anti-war Activists. In 2005, an ACLU investigation revealed that both the FBI and the JTTF surveilled and gathered intelligence about a variety of liberal groups including PETA and the Catholic Workers, along with other groups that it hyperbolically referred to as having "semi-communistic ideology." ) Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/10-ex...
He's black, as is Eric Holder. It pisses them the hell off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway, after the Citizens United debacle, suddenly hundreds of these groups sprang up, seeing the loopholes. Justice Clarence Thomas wife is one of them.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905665 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a compliment
i know that.

you're just not used to someone who doesn't give a shyte what you say about them. you nutjobs are only like 8% of the voting public, so why should i even care what some nutjob who's sitting squarely in the minority thinks about what i think?

kind of like what the majority thinks of the right wing media: all bark and no bite.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905666 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Officials on Benghazi
"We're portrayed by Republicans as either being lying or idiots," said one Obama administration official who was part of the Benghazi response. "It's actually closer to us being idiots."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584921/...
so now there's no coverup, just idiots?

FOX should be able to relate to that.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905667 May 17, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are volunteers, there to serve the President. Contrary to you disrespectful republicans, to them, it us an honor to do so. The only reason this is an issue is because of racism. I suppose you would have liked to see them defy and disrespect the President.
If they do not want to serve the President of The United States, there are thousands who would love that duty.
You should be ashamed of yourself
Chris Matthews posts here? Sure sounds looney enough to be him.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905668 May 17, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's black, as is Eric Holder. It pisses them the hell off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway, after the Citizens United debacle, suddenly hundreds of these groups sprang up, seeing the loopholes. Justice Clarence Thomas wife is one of them.
Either Matthews or watches Matthews believing all the nonsense
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905669 May 17, 2013
Don’t Do As We Said. Do As We Say Now

The revelation that phone records for the Associated Press were secretly subpoenaed by the Justice Department has rocked the media world. It is being portrayed as a gross violation of the First Amendment right to Freedom of the press. And no one is more outraged than congressional Republicans who have pounced on the disclosure and exploited it to elaborate on their assertions that the Obama administration has become tyrannical in their abuse of power.

However, further investigation into the controversial activity revealed that the DOJ was acting on requests from Republicans in congress who were worried that leaks to the media were endangering national security operations. So what we have here is GOP anger at the DOJ for doing what the GOP asked them to do. What’s more, the very same Republicans who are freaking out over the seizure of AP’s records, voted against a media shield law that would have made such seizures illegal without prior approval from a judge.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905670 May 17, 2013
Republicans Succeed In Turning Americans Against The IRS

This week the Republican Party, and their PR division Fox News, pulled off a political miracle that no one could have predicted a week or two ago. By the sheer determination of their will and endless repetition, The GOP has managed to transform the legendary public affection for the Internal Revenue Service into deep animosity and distrust. Prior to these late-breaking events the IRS had a 40% approval rating (note: that was still better than congress at 9%)

How could this have happened? The foundation of good will that has long been the envy of every other government agency has cracked and now Americans are, for the first time, eying the IRS suspiciously and recoiling in disgust. From a political standpoint, all the effort that Republicans have been pouring into this affair has yielded them an unexpected victory. They must be so proud now that they have masterfully maneuvered public opinion away from the big government bureaucracy that was once such an object of adoration.

This remarkable achievement was engineered by relentless condemnation of a branch of the IRS whose purpose is to affirm that organizations seeking tax-exempt status are complying with the legal requirement to be doing social welfare work and not politics. That seems like an important function that protects taxpayers from having to pick up the tab for political operatives who try to evade their fiscal responsibilities. The problem occurred when some low-level employees sought to identify potential evaders by imposing stricter standards of scrutiny on presumably conservative groups associated with the Tea Party. What on earth might have caused anyone at the IRS to think the Tea Party could be conducting political activities?

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min KiMare 51,235
EverGreen Belgrade 39 min Albonazis 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min esther veronica 48,367
Hello hook up fast its here again 1 hr Stephensamson 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 180,604
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 7 hr new some 41
1 in 3 Chicagoans living paycheck-to-paycheck 9 hr CUU 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says