Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231556 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905812 May 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Eed, I mock you. You with your hand out. Hypocrite in chief.
Yep old Eed is a proven self admitted MOOCHER. I can feel his pain as he attempts to lie cover. LMAO
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905813 May 18, 2013
You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you RealDave?? Put up or shut you f*ckin liar.. Where the Bush umbrella link RealDave??
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905814 May 18, 2013
BlueFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's umbrellas? Republicans will eventually have to get back to real issues like immigration,(improving) economy, sequester, women's rights, background checks, etc. Americans are tiring of their witch hunting and obsession with bringing down the president along with the country.
So very true, most Americans can see,,,, and it reflects in Congress lowest approval rating ever. Still they don't get it. GOP AKA [Grand OLD Perverts].
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905815 May 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep old Eed is a proven self admitted MOOCHER. I can feel his pain as he attempts to lie cover. LMAO
ghost looking for friends with the same mental disorder as you f*ckin retard....priceless!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#905816 May 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, under your plan, businesses would collect a federal sales tax.
How does that business send the money to the federal government?
My guess is that they would need to file a report and include payment (paper or electronic).
Without a IRS, who will open these reports, verify them & deposit the money???
Who will investigate potential fraud?
Who will check to see that I'm selling birdhouses & not reporting it?
The same people who do it now in the states. We have this thing called the U.S.Treasury. You know, where all the tax money now goes.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905817 May 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Eed, I mock you. You with your hand out. Hypocrite in chief.
The truth has no agenda, but only exposes liars and frauds for what you are RealDave. Better you pretend to know nothing and stay ignorant, be in willful denial, hiding as opposed to know the honest truth and destroy your fragile little ego. Where the Bush umbrellas link RealDave??

RealDave using his: "I am an idiot" defense... He runs and hides....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905818 May 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO funny, give my love to old Julie, you old obsessed fool. You brain dead old goat.
Mary knows you are an idiot ghost...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905819 May 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Mary knows you are an idiot ghost...
All the women love me...while idiots like you live in fear. Bill
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905820 May 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
All the women love me...while idiots like you live in fear. Bill
Jessica and Robert know you are a retard ghost...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905821 May 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Jessica and Robert know you are a retard ghost...
While Betty and Melvin told me all about your psycho azz...Hows that grab yea? Retard.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905823 May 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
While Betty and Melvin told me all about your psycho azz...Hows that grab yea? Retard.
Steve, Stephanee, and Michael know you are a dernged old pervert ghost... You a bumpass idiot...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905824 May 18, 2013
Vivian said hello ghost....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905825 May 18, 2013
RealDave is a wanker....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#905826 May 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.
Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:
And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly withmy national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, Idetermined that I had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .
Notice the difference.
yeah. The first one is a true leader and the second one is a clown. Good post!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905827 May 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Vivian said hello ghost....
Sorry, oven head but you have become way to bizarre to even talk to. Go limp on down the street. Shoo psycho. BYE
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905829 May 18, 2013
FOXbot disappointment.

Resonance Resistant

Whether one thinks the demiscandals being howled about in Washington should or should not resonate more widely, they don’t.

According to a Gallup report released Thursday,“The amount of attention Americans are paying to the I.R.S. and the Benghazi situations is well below the average for news stories Gallup has tracked over the years.”(The Associated Press phone records case wasn’t mentioned.) Why might this be? I have a few theories:

CREDIBILITY

People know that the Internal Revenue Service is the conservatives’ bogeyman. It’s the agency that collects the taxes that Republicans hate so much. Some Americans see taxes as, at worst, a necessary nuisance; Republicans see them as an absolute evil. The I.R.S. is the agency that collects the wealth from “us” for the government to redistribute to “them.” As National Journal pointed out Friday,“The agency also implements much of the country’s social policy through the tax code.” We all know that anything with “social” in its name activates the conservative gag reflex.

And on the Associated Press front, it just doesn’t ring true to have Republicans standing up as defenders of the “lame-stream media.” It’s like the person with the club feigning common cause with the baby seal. People just don’t buy it.

Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”

COMPLEXITY

Where is Benghazi? Seriously, folks, quickly point it out on a map. Thought so. Now, to the controversy: the talking points — what they said, and the machination of how that was altered, and whether Al Qaeda should have been immediately blamed, and whether the word “terror” should have had an “-ist” or an “-ism.” Seeking to find the killers of four dead Americans is honorable; endless testimony about a fussed-over script used to explain the tragedy is mind-numbing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/opinion/blo... ;
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905830 May 18, 2013
UNPOPULARITY

It is clear that the Justice Department overreached on the Associated Press scandal and that its strong-arm tactics are likely to have a chilling effect. But Americans are not big fans of mass media. A November Gallup poll found that only a fourth of Americans rate the honesty and ethical standards of journalists highly. Even bankers ranked higher.

As for Tea Party groups that received extra scrutiny from the I.R.S., an Associated Press-GfK poll released last month found that fewer than a fourth of Americans say they support the group. The Tea Party may well be passé.

The policy issue is a different story, as The Washington Post pointed out this week:“In 2010, the Supreme Court’s landmark ‘Citizens United’ decision cleared the way for corporations and labor unions to raise and spend unlimited sums of money, and register for tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(4).”

That decision was extremely unpopular. An ABC News/Washington Post poll released nearly a month after the decision was handed down found that 80 percent of Americans opposed it.

So an unpopular movement applied for tax-exempt status under conditions made possible by an unpopular court decision, in order to influence politics with unfathomable amounts money from unnamed donors? Good luck gaining sympathy for that.

ZEALOTRY

The Congressional Tea Party Caucus founder, Michele Bachmann, who never misses a chance to say something asinine, suggested to the conservative site wnd.com that it was “reasonable” to worry that the I.R.S. might use Obamacare to kill conservatives.

The article reads, in part:

“Since the I.R.S. also is the chief enforcer of Obamacare requirements, she asked whether the I.R.S.’s admission means it ‘will deny or delay access to health care’ for conservatives. At this point, she said, that ‘is a reasonable question to ask.’”

“Reasonable” and “Bachmann” don’t even belong in the same conversation, let alone the same sentence, and yet she remains one of the most visible spokeswomen for the movement.

Even former House Speaker Newt Gingrich warned Republicans against overreaching. In an NPR interview that aired Friday, Gingrich, referring to the impeachment of President Clinton, said,“I think we overreached in ’98 — how’s that for a quote you can use?”

He continued, advising his party to be “calm and factual.” Ha! That’s too rich, and too late. Republicans are already invoking the I-word.

Republicans are their own worst enemies at times like these, unable to leave well-enough alone, and missing chances to honestly engage the public as they race off the cliff in the supercharged outrage machine.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905831 May 18, 2013
"Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”"

crying wolf a thousand times leaves you with no room left to cry at all.

so how is it that FOXbots can't see that reality?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905832 May 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> yeah. The first one is a true leader and the second one is a clown. Good post!
So one idiot confirming another about an idiot president pretending that he actually cared about all of the innocent men and women that he sent to their deaths because of his greed and lies. Bush-Cheney were as bad as Saddam maybe a little dumber and better liars..Still idiots like you and Galt show your blind loyality and absolutely no respect for the sacrificed...Obama got our real enemy and that was what it was all about. You and Galt are shameful garbage in my and most Americans book..
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905833 May 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
FOXbot disappointment.
Resonance Resistant
Whether one thinks the demiscandals being howled about in Washington should or should not resonate more widely, they don’t.
According to a Gallup report released Thursday,“The amount of attention Americans are paying to the I.R.S. and the Benghazi situations is well below the average for news stories Gallup has tracked over the years.”(The Associated Press phone records case wasn’t mentioned.) Why might this be? I have a few theories:
CREDIBILITY
People know that the Internal Revenue Service is the conservatives’ bogeyman. It’s the agency that collects the taxes that Republicans hate so much. Some Americans see taxes as, at worst, a necessary nuisance; Republicans see them as an absolute evil. The I.R.S. is the agency that collects the wealth from “us” for the government to redistribute to “them.” As National Journal pointed out Friday,“The agency also implements much of the country’s social policy through the tax code.” We all know that anything with “social” in its name activates the conservative gag reflex.
And on the Associated Press front, it just doesn’t ring true to have Republicans standing up as defenders of the “lame-stream media.” It’s like the person with the club feigning common cause with the baby seal. People just don’t buy it.
Furthermore, Republicans have exhibited a near-pathological need to say anything, no matter how outlandish, that would invalidate the Obama presidency. This has left them with little credibility now that there may be legitimate problems. This is the story of the political party that cried “Kenyan.”
COMPLEXITY
Where is Benghazi? Seriously, folks, quickly point it out on a map. Thought so. Now, to the controversy: the talking points — what they said, and the machination of how that was altered, and whether Al Qaeda should have been immediately blamed, and whether the word “terror” should have had an “-ist” or an “-ism.” Seeking to find the killers of four dead Americans is honorable; endless testimony about a fussed-over script used to explain the tragedy is mind-numbing.
Thanks Sonic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min Red_Forman 5,983
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr DrGuru 189,514
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr red and right 53,435
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 70,006
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr needs editing 99,529
Amy 5-21-15 11 hr PEllen 17
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 hr Graham Cracker 51,763
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]