Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905547 May 17, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment?
You are one crazy cow!
The word has come up more than a few times. It was the second charge against Richard Nixon, using the IRS to go after his enemies.

It's proving Obama knew about it that still has to become headline news. Even though Carney already said he did.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905548 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You dress in drag as a male transgender stripper too? That'll be excellent cover too.
No, but you can give me a few pointers if it comes down to it.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#905549 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It just has to be proven beyond any doubt. But it will be all over when and if that happens.
Because holder is OVER the justice department ...
IF we had any REAL MEN ...
in government ...

the 0 would be taken OUT by the "seat of his pants" ...

ALL we have ARE a "bunch" of YES boi's/brown nosers ...
and THUGS!

walking to the beat of a dollar bill!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905550 May 17, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
"Supreme court said the law could not be repelled????
Too media matters types like you????"
"Stop being ignorant, OK?"
1. To ward off or keep away; drive back: repel insects.
2. To offer resistance to; fight against: repel an invasion.
3. To refuse to accept; reject: a company that was trying to repel a hostile takeover.
4. To turn away from; spurn.
5. To cause aversion or distaste in: Your rudeness repels everyone. See Synonyms at disgust. See Usage Note at repulse.
6. To be resistant to; be incapable of absorbing or mixing with: Oil repels water.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/repelled

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#905552 May 17, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, 2009 was Bush's deficit.
1.3 trillion.
2 wars, tax cuts, and a Medicare Freebie all cost money, you hack.
Tarp, which obama got to spend, stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905553 May 17, 2013
WASHINGTON – Last week, Lois Lerner, head of the tax exempt division of the Internal Revenue Service dropped a bombshell: The IRS had been applying extra scrutiny to conservative groups claiming tax exempt status.

The revelation came seemingly out of the blue, in response to a question during a panel at an American Bar Association conference, leaving the audience baffled, according to reports.

As it turns out, it was not a spontaneous revelation. The question, said outgoing IRS Commissioner Steven Miller in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee Friday, was planted, as part of a prepared strategy for the IRS to release this information to the public.

Under questioning from Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, Miller said it was a “prepared Q and A,” and the question, which came from tax lawyer Celia Roady had been discussed in advance as well.

Later, Miller, questioned by Rep. Peter Roskam, explained that the disclosure had been made to coincide with the conclusion of the inspector general’s report.

Miller said he and Lerner discussed, in a what he believed was a phone conversation, whether “now that the TIGTA report was finalized, now that we knew all of the facts … did it make sense for us to start talking about this in public.”

Asked why he had not first reached out to the committee to tell them, Miller first said they had planned “to do that at the same time,” but that “did not happen.” He later said they “were reaching out to this committee at the same time,” and that they had “called to try to get on the calendar.”
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905555 May 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a lecture from one who thinks FOX bs has some journalistic value.
everyone knows FOXbots can't be sincere. they don't even have a choice in the matter.
I never express an opinion on any specific News organization on a whole. Specific actions such as the edited NBC 911 tapes need to be rejected by all.

Your OCDing about FOX comes straight from a political site -Media Matters.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905556 May 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to tell you to quit watching fox?
I do not watch things I have an aversion too

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905557 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're referring to me, it's because liberals target the biggest threat of opposition, isolate it and marginalize it relentlessly.
It's the democrat's bullying tactic.
It only proves to me I must be more right than I even thought.
Your over-inflated egoism is your blindness and will be your downfall. Ever hear of hubris, modern-day wannabe Icarus?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905558 May 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can't win. He just can't.
http://www.topix.com/forum/who/barack-obama/T...
Your point?

Getting one thing right does not mean you will always be right in the future
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905559 May 17, 2013
Four trustees of Detroit’s two public pension funds are heading to a Hawaiian beach resort this weekend with their $22,000 tab paid for by the funds, which are mired in claims of mismanagement and said to be at least $600 million underfunded.

Trustees say the conference provides the education they need to manage complex investments for the funds’ retirees and beneficiaries. But other major public pension systems, including the Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions, avoided sending their officials to Hawaii because of concerns the exotic locale sends the wrong message at a time when pensions nationwide are contemplating or implementing reduced benefits to cope with rising retirement costs and shaky investment returns.

Records obtained by the Free Press under the Freedom of Information Act show the expenses cover airfare — including a first-class flight for one trustee — lodging at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort in Honolulu, registration fees, meals and a per diem for miscellaneous expenses.

The city’s two public pension funds — the General Retirement System and the Police and Fire Retirement System — each are sending two trustees to the six-day National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS) conference, which starts Saturday. The retirement systems, which are funded by contributions from workers and the city, have combined assets valued at more than $5 billion and provide benefits to about 20,000 retirees and beneficiaries.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#905560 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was an account that you can withdraw your money.. Your SS account keeps tabs of the money you have paid into the system.
It uses this to determine your monthly benefits. Evidently, you are too stupid to know that determining your monthly benefit says nothing about how much money you can draw over your lifetime. It defines how much you get a month.
Pull out your Social Security Card.
What does it say above the number?
It says Social Security ACCOUNT NUMBER, You dumbasss. You have a Social Security Account.
This does NOT mean you can withdraw all your money. It does not mean there s a physical location with your name on it.
Not anymore. Now they say "this number has been established for".

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#905562 May 17, 2013
BlueFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
The only common type of ammunition you can buy is shotgun shells. There hasn't been 22, 9mm,.357 etc. for months. You obviously aren't a gun owner, why, would you weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about? Although, in your defense, tthat would limit you to only discussing the weather,
here try this:
http://www.midwayusa.com/find...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905563 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
WASHINGTON – Last week, Lois Lerner, head of the tax exempt division of the Internal Revenue Service dropped a bombshell: The IRS had been applying extra scrutiny to conservative groups claiming tax exempt status.
The revelation came seemingly out of the blue, in response to a question during a panel at an American Bar Association conference, leaving the audience baffled, according to reports.
As it turns out, it was not a spontaneous revelation. The question, said outgoing IRS Commissioner Steven Miller in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee Friday, was planted, as part of a prepared strategy for the IRS to release this information to the public.
Under questioning from Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, Miller said it was a “prepared Q and A,” and the question, which came from tax lawyer Celia Roady had been discussed in advance as well.
Later, Miller, questioned by Rep. Peter Roskam, explained that the disclosure had been made to coincide with the conclusion of the inspector general’s report.
Miller said he and Lerner discussed, in a what he believed was a phone conversation, whether “now that the TIGTA report was finalized, now that we knew all of the facts … did it make sense for us to start talking about this in public.”
Asked why he had not first reached out to the committee to tell them, Miller first said they had planned “to do that at the same time,” but that “did not happen.” He later said they “were reaching out to this committee at the same time,” and that they had “called to try to get on the calendar.”
The shame is this is what the I.R.S. has to do now as their job since CitizensUnited. Repeal CitizensUnited and the I.R.S. won't have to pay so much attention to monitoring 'dark money' flows through 501cK's . Problem solved.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#905564 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never know any veteran of any war to be as rude and insulting as you. Why is that?
I tried reaching out to you on numerous occasions making it very clear how much I respected your dedication to disabled veterans and your service in Vietnam and all I got in return was condescension and called every name in the book just because I didn't agree with everthing you said.
It's very hard to respect someone who belittles you in spite of wanting to give them that respect.
You should know me in real life doll__I don't do racists, bigots or conspiracy crazies, never have and I'm not shy about how I conduct myself around ignorants of that ilk.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#905565 May 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Devin? Was Clinton impeached?
BOO!
Gopidiot is a child molesting ex teacher that used to go by frightwingers.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#905567 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Calculated to take eyes off of Benghazi.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#905568 May 17, 2013
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) said Friday that he will subpoena Ambassador Thomas Pickering over the investigation into last year's deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, according to multiple reports.

Along with former Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen, Pickering led the independent review of the attack. The two men sent a letter to Issa on Thursday in which they agreed to testify before the committee in public but declined to meet privately with lawmakers before the testimony.

"In our view, requiring such a closed-door proceeding before we testify publicly is an inappropriate precondition," they wrote.

On Friday, Issa responded with a letter of his own, expressing disappointment at Pickering's refusal to meet behind-closed-doors.

“In light of your continuing refusal to appear voluntarily for a transcribed interview, however, I have found it necessary to issue a subpoena to compel your appearance at a deposition," Issa wrote, according to Government Executive.

Pickering's private deposition is scheduled to be held at 10:00 a.m. ET on May 23. He told Government Executive that he hadn't heard about the subpoena yet.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/i...

'So if you don't say what we want to hear, neither will anyone else.'
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905569 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Your over-inflated egoism is your blindness and will be your downfall. Ever hear of hubris, modern-day wannabe Icarus?
So why do the far left loons here target her? Still doesn't explain this behavior. Do you have any clue what motivates this behavior?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905570 May 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a lecture from one who thinks FOX bs has some journalistic value.
everyone knows FOXbots can't be sincere. they don't even have a choice in the matter.
Okay, you are kind of melting down here. I will lay off you a while as long as you don't get overly stubborn about something stating something it doesn't.

Actually, I do apology for some of comments earlier. Grey Ghost had a melt down every time I mentioned pant wetting and I was yanking his chain.

For some weird reason, I still think there is hope for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 5 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 6 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 8 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 9 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web