Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
831,241 - 831,260 of 1,101,872 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#905182 May 17, 2013
flack wrote:
NRA was started in New York. There's a joke in there somewhere.
Throughout US history most rifles were made in Connecticut and Massachusetts, why do you suppose that is?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905183 May 17, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
AARP will never get a red cent from me. They sent me crap long before I am eligible to be on their list and I wrote them telling them to stop harassing me. It worked.
AARP is a rip/sham.
Yes, indeed-y.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905184 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
After the emails proved that AARP worked with the admin to alter sections of Obamacare to benefit theirselves and directly threatened Senators, I will never join them.
"theirselves"? oh please go away. So don't join, who cares?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905185 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has a right to be that dense..No ONE.
Admit ghost - Obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and Carney are liars. Admit it you balless piece of shit... Or do what they do best LIE, you deranged idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905186 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A commentator said the Marines cover the president and would like to think he is covering them. Wishful thinking on their part, sadly enough.
Spoken by someone who thought that Donald Rumsfeld's denial of proper body armor for American soldiers fighting overseas in Iraq was a good, penny-pinching Government saving tip.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905187 May 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> There will always be poor people for a lot of different reasons. The prebate helps the poor. The Fiar Tax is said to be capable of generating 10 million jobs a year. By making the United States the largest tax haven in the world would cause prosperity of an unimaginable scale. When polled the CEO's of the Fortune 500 almost all said they would build their next factories here. Keeping the IRS and the mess the tax code is in because a few people will benefit is not thinking out of the box. The Fair Tax will do more to bring more people out of poverty than any legislature in history. Besides an amendment is hard to change once in place.
The poor need to have a reason to control government spending.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905188 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that Marines should not be used as umbrella stands?
Stay tuned for more, umbrella stands, umbrella stands, umbrella stands.
15 mins till Judge Wapner.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905189 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They support candidates that are for helping seniors.
Under the code, it is permissible top participate in political activities but political activities cam't be your major focus.
Try to keep up
The emails clearly show that AARP was only concern about rewriting Obamacare so it would benefit the organization, not seniors.

Who is behind?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#905190 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that Marines should not be used as umbrella stands?
What is the purpose of the US Marine detachment at the White House?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#905191 May 17, 2013
"Some question whether AP leak on al-Qaeda plot put U.S. at risk

By Carol D. Leonnig and Julie Tate, Published: May 15

For five days, reporters at the Associated Press had been sitting on a big scoop about a foiled al-Qaeda plot at the request of CIA officials. Then, in a hastily scheduled Monday morning meeting, the journalists were asked by agency officials to hold off on publishing the story for just one more day.

The CIA officials, who had initially cited national security concerns in an attempt to delay publication, no longer had those worries, according to individuals familiar with the exchange. Instead, the Obama administration was planning to announce the successful counterterrorism operation that Tuesday.

AP balked and proceeded to publish that Monday afternoon. Its May 2012 report is now at the center of a controversial and broad seizure of phone records of AP reporters’ home, office and cellphone lines. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said the unauthorized disclosure about an intelligence operation to stop al-Qaeda from detonating explosives aboard a U.S. airliner was among the most serious leaks he could remember, and justified secretly obtaining records from a handful of reporters and editors over a span of two months.

Now, some members of Congress and media advocates are questioning why the administration viewed the leak that led to the May 7 AP story as so grave.

The president’s top counterterrorism adviser at the time, John O. Brennan, had appeared on “Good Morning America” the following day to trumpet the successful operation. He said that because of the work of U.S. intelligence, the plot did not pose an active threat to the American public."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/some-q...

The Holder smoke and mirror show continues. He went after the AP because they declined to allow Obama another spike the football photo op. Disgusting.

For the record, I believe Holder didn't share this intrusion on free press with Obama, just about as much as I believe Erlichman forgot to bring Nixon up to speed on the burglary.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#905192 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. So your whine that people were using more Medicare than they paid into Medicare Tax was unfounded?
I don't whine about Medicare. It is a good program.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905193 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Check this out: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-112hhrg6682... "Mr. Waxman. Today we will hear the views of several of the
Nation's governors on the impact of the Affordable Care Act and
on the Nation's critical safety net health program, Medicaid.
Medicaid and the ACA are both partnerships between the federal
and the State governments. We share the responsibility for
making these programs run efficiently and serve the needs of
the populations that depend on them. So this can and should be
a productive dialog. But in my view, that does not include re-
litigating the Affordable Care Act.
ACA is already delivering important benefits: prohibiting
insurance companies from rescinding insurance when someone gets
sick, requiring coverage of preventive care for no cost,
allowing young adults to stay on their parents' insurance up to
the age of 26.
Three new reports we are releasing today highlight the
benefits of the new law in the States represented by the three
governors who will be testifying. They show, for example, that
in Utah, 1.8 million residents are already receiving consumer
protections against the worst abuses of the insurance
companies. In Mississippi, over 30,000 seniors have already
saved hundreds of dollars on high Medicaid drug costs, and I
would like to ask, Mr. Chairman, that these reports, which show
precisely how much the Affordable Care Act will help millions
of Americans, be included in the record.
Mr. Upton. Without objection."
Congressman Waxman is one of the biggest lefties and biggest fools in the history of the Congress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#905194 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim was we pay Social Security Tax and Medicare was general. Do I need to go find your post to spank you with it.
Find that post where I said those monies went into the general fund. I'll be waiting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#905195 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> You can't find enough facts to prove that you're right so now you've resorted to being the Topix soothsayer? I hope that you tell peoples' fortunes better then you talk politics ; or do you do both about the same, horribly obtuse?
Common sense is all that's required. No telling fortunes necessary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905196 May 17, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you show your absolute retardedness.
Deficit has decreased dramatically....set to be about 650 billion this year, compare that to Bush's 1.3 TRILLION.
One reason for the drop??? Lower healthcare spending.
Is there anyone more misinformed than Lorac?
Do you care to cite something that supports these claims?

WARNING, WARNING ...asking for government stats not a political site

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905197 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> No, because Nixon refusal to release the tapes was more like George W Bush's refusal to release subpoenaed correspondence between the Bush White House and Enron Chairman Ken Lay to Henry Waxman's investigation of Enron's influence on the Bush energy policy. Check this out: http://www.buzzflash.com/interviews/2001/12/H...
Aunt Bettie Lou, how can you make icon judgements Before you even read the facts? That's dishonest.:-/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905198 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the $64,000 question. Or, rather, the trillions of dollars Obamacare deficit question.
The IRS is going to know if liberals and conservatives alike have hemorrhoids.
That's fixing the health care crisis all right!
The IRS will check your political contributions before approving your heart surgery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#905199 May 17, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
"Some question whether AP leak on al-Qaeda plot put U.S. at risk
By Carol D. Leonnig and Julie Tate, Published: May 15
For five days, reporters at the Associated Press had been sitting on a big scoop about a foiled al-Qaeda plot at the request of CIA officials. Then, in a hastily scheduled Monday morning meeting, the journalists were asked by agency officials to hold off on publishing the story for just one more day.
The CIA officials, who had initially cited national security concerns in an attempt to delay publication, no longer had those worries, according to individuals familiar with the exchange. Instead, the Obama administration was planning to announce the successful counterterrorism operation that Tuesday.
AP balked and proceeded to publish that Monday afternoon. Its May 2012 report is now at the center of a controversial and broad seizure of phone records of AP reporters’ home, office and cellphone lines. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said the unauthorized disclosure about an intelligence operation to stop al-Qaeda from detonating explosives aboard a U.S. airliner was among the most serious leaks he could remember, and justified secretly obtaining records from a handful of reporters and editors over a span of two months.
Now, some members of Congress and media advocates are questioning why the administration viewed the leak that led to the May 7 AP story as so grave.
The president’s top counterterrorism adviser at the time, John O. Brennan, had appeared on “Good Morning America” the following day to trumpet the successful operation. He said that because of the work of U.S. intelligence, the plot did not pose an active threat to the American public."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/some-q...
The Holder smoke and mirror show continues. He went after the AP because they declined to allow Obama another spike the football photo op. Disgusting.
For the record, I believe Holder didn't share this intrusion on free press with Obama, just about as much as I believe Erlichman forgot to bring Nixon up to speed on the burglary.
It's really quite an amazing tactic - just play stupid.

And even more amazing is it's actually working considering the liberal posts on here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#905200 May 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> 'not like social security where you basically pay into your account'? Every time I think you have hit a new high in stupid you manage to climb another rung. There is no account. Never was. Never will be. It's a tax just like Obamacare will be.
Funny, I get a letter from SS every now & then that informs me of what i"ve paid into the system & how much that gets me in monthly benefits.

That is my account.

I have a bank account. That doesn't mean I have a physical location in the bank where my money is.

Try to keep up Flack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905201 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>Why wouldn't seniors want to organize after the way they lived before Social Security and Medicare existed? Seniors were once the poorest , most deprived and desolate social class in America. As Warren Rudman once said,'politics is too important to be left to the politicians.' Support AARP today!Check this out: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/norman%20ornstei...
You're responding to a woman who makes $15.00 an hour and just applied for Social Security. She's totally delusional, a water carrier for the rich.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Bluto 49,517
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 9 min Lawrence Wolf 63
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Rick Moss 69,094
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min truth-facts 46,385
Who is MICHAEL LA VAUGHN ROBINSON 1 hr Check Facts 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,535
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 97,985
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••